What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Feminist Now Trying to Come After King Kendrick!!!

123457»

Replies

• Madame_CJSkywalkerMadame_CJSkywalker Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭

your knowledge of feminism is very limited, so all I can suggest is try reading angela davis...

they aren't necessarily the most moderate, bell hooks in particular...but if you care enough to get a better understanding of what you are criticizing start there

that said, it's hard growing up as a hip hop fan if you are somewhat conscious, especially if you are a somewhat conscious blk woman

especially when you get alittle older and start to reallly absorb what you are consuming

the industry caters to men...and they don't really push a lot of female artists

most the lyric are sexist at best, misgonistic at worst...even a lot of the underground

we can just stop listening to hip hop, but it's hard when that's what you grew up with ...and you can still relate and/or appreciate the other aspects of the music like the bravado and production

plus it's everywhere

then when we get someone who is somewhat conscious and pro blk like a kendrick we begin to expect or at least hope for that artist not do and say certain things or to just 'get it'...when they don't it's disappointing ....and they are expressing their disappointment

and can we stop pretending as though he is just stating what he likes and didn't have an agenda when he says he is tired of 'photo shop' and 'he wants to see stretch marks' ....he is clearly joining in on the recent "movement" to end the use of IG filters and other means to enhance a woman's beauty

dope idea on the surface, but again the execution is lacking

it's going to be hard for you to understand ...but at least I wish yall would emphasize and stop seeing every criticism as an "attack"

Maybe you need to go back and look at some of those comments, but they were not worded the way you just put things. Most of them were of the "Kendrick is is a fake. I won't be supporting him anymore" variety. How is that not an attack? If it was just a bunch of comments from women saying they were disappointed that he didn't really get how they felt, we would not be talking about this because that wouldn't be deemed a "controversy." The reason we're talking about this is because the general tone of the criticisms were hostile.

And I get what you're saying about Hip Hop. Sometimes I wonder how females can even be Hip Hop fans. I don't necessarily think it's as bad as you just portrayed it, but it is rarely flattering, I think we can agree on that.

I also think you're making assumptions that are unfounded. You're saying he's joining on some movement to end IG filters. That would make sense I guess if he said something about IG, but he didn't. He mentioned photoshop, and the backlash against the use of photoshop to create a false perception of beauty has been around since before IG even existed.

Ya'll really need to take what he said for what it is and stop adding to it. Then maybe you'd understand why many people (male and female) think you're being ridiculous with these criticisms.

On another note, I don't know why you keep trying to act like I know nothing about feminism just because I don't agree with it. I've never read Angela Davis, but I've heard her and others that are considered prominent speak. I'm not the expert on feminism that you are, but I'm not so ignorant to it and many of the concerns it raises that my viewpoint on it can just be dismissed. At the end of the day, we've been down this road. I've presented claims made by feminists that were false and showed they were false. What more do I need to know if at a fundamental level may of the things you guys are pushing nowadays are simply untrue?

just from reading ur posts it seems as though you only have a very basic understanding of feminism ... and then you ask what is the point of feminism as if the work is over

it also seems as though most of impressions of feminism comes from mainstream media sources and social media...I'd have a bad impression of feminism too if I believed every thing I read or seen on the internet were representative of most feminists

and i didn't really see too many commenters threatening to stop supporting his music

but yea when ppl are disappointed with the actions or words of someone, they sometimes will choose not to support that person, and usually don't have kind words for that person... not that that makes it right

and everything nowadays is deemed a "controversy." especially when a celebrity is involved. just more shit to get clicks and fill the 24 hr news cycle
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7

I posted some critiques in the breakfast club thread

feminism needs to continue because we still live in a world that largely undermines and devalues women....

though spreading misinformation can be dangerous, the actions of these two women are not representative of the reasonable, knowledgeable feminists that are out here doing work

they had their stats wrong.... but women are more likely to be killed by an intimate partner than men ...and a significant number of young women, particularly blk women, have died at the hands of an intimate partner of the opposite sex...enough to the point where it needs to addressed

I don't believe its a race thing ...and where I differ with the ladies, is that domestic violence is as one sided as some make it seem

That's fair. I don't believe feminism needs to die even if I say that, but I do believe the reasonable feminists need to take a more prominent role in the delivery of the message. I'm sure you disagree with me, but just take from an outsider looking in, ya'll aren't being defined by your best representatives.
    just from reading ur posts it seems as though you only have a very basic understanding of feminism ... and then you ask what is the point of feminism as if the work is over

it also seems as though most of impressions of feminism comes from mainstream media sources and social media...I'd have a bad impression of feminism too if I believed every thing I read or seen on the internet were representative of most feminists

and i didn't really see too many commenters threatening to stop supporting his music

but yea when ppl are disappointed with the actions or words of someone, they sometimes will choose not to support that person, and usually don't have kind words for that person... not that that makes it right

and everything nowadays is deemed a "controversy." especially when a celebrity is involved. just more shit to get clicks and fill the 24 hr news cycle

Well, I'm not an expert on it or anything, and I try to only critique the aspects or points of it I'm familiar with. So, maybe my statements exceed the scope of my arguments sometimes. That's a fair critique I guess.

And I don't hang around a lot of feminists (as you could probably guess), so you're right most of my knowledge of how feminists behave come from public sources. Not so much social media, but documentaries, op eds, blogs, etc... I recognize those probably aren't the best sources, but I don't think they are bad sources either. That said, I suppose I'd have no way of knowing what proportion of feminists think in such extreme ways. I guess from now on I'll simply criticize bad points instead of always railing against feminists and feminism. That would be fairer and more reasonable.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    blackrain
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    17799112_890451687763416_8706626343920022722_n.jpg?oh=2c8ee8f728bd55a96a5a052a6dd3efb9&oe=59946EDF

Respect her agency man.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    Plutarch
  • #jpp#jpp Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    17799112_890451687763416_8706626343920022722_n.jpg?oh=2c8ee8f728bd55a96a5a052a6dd3efb9&oe=59946EDF

Only 2 dollars and 88 cents...

tenor.gif
  • LordZukoLordZuko Black Illuminati AsgardPosts: 2,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah feminism needs to die. But it won't. So essentially what has to happen is the state needs to collapse to a point where it can no longer artificially boost women.

If you ever get to a point again where it's small group tribalism where men have to aggressively compete with other men over resources you will see females fall all the way back.
    But if it ever gets to that point black people are gonna be decimated because black males in particular are raised to be servile and not raised to compete.
    tumblr_inline_oiifvz7hQg1rzssji_500.gif

deadeyefortyacresUndefeatableblacktuxMeesterMadame_CJSkywalkerAlready Home_17
  • jetlifebihjetlifebih Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Nah feminism needs to die. But it won't. So essentially what has to happen is the state needs to collapse to a point where it can no longer artificially boost women.

If you ever get to a point again where it's small group tribalism where men have to aggressively compete with other men over resources you will see females fall all the way back.
    But if it ever gets to that point black people are gonna be decimated because black males in particular are raised to be servile and not raised to compete.

Well society raisses black men to be servile so if society collapsed and we went back to small group tribalism, black males would probably become less servile and more competitive in the nature your alluding too
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 36,928 Regulator
    Feminism was created by white women for the sole purpose of having a seat at the table of their white supremacist male counterparts. So any black woman that identifies with feminism is a suspected coon. You think those white supremacists females want y'all black asses getting the benefits that these white supremacists females are fighting for? But go ahead keep on being their lapdogs and spewing their talking points.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
    Undefeatabledeadeyefortyacres
  • brown321brown321 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    plenty of black women praised those lyrics as well
    can't please everyone

Nope 5 Dyke bitches on Twitter, take precedence over everyone else in society.
    jetlifebih wrote: »

Well society raisses black men to be servile so if society collapsed and we went back to small group tribalism, black males would probably become less servile and more competitive in the nature your alluding too

Black women raise black boys to servile.
    So when society collapses and returns small tribal units black people a whole will at disadvantage as we general do practice self sufficiency.

edited April 10
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Feminism was created by white women for the sole purpose of having a seat at the table of their white supremacist male counterparts. So any black woman that identifies with feminism is a suspected coon. You think those white supremacists females want y'all black asses getting the benefits that these white supremacists females are fighting for? But go ahead keep on being their lapdogs and spewing their talking points.

Question should be where do u get ur talking points from lol

Women like Angela davis and assata shakur identify with feminism should they not be trusted?? should we discount their work as civil rights activist???
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 36,928 Regulator

Women like Angela davis and assata shakur identify with feminism should they not be trusted?? should we discount their work as civil rights activist???

I don't know I just googled and I didn't see anything that said Assata Shakur was a feminist. But either way I specifically said SUSPECTED coon, if Angela Davis exhibited coonish behavior or thoughts (which I never seen) then she qualifies as one.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttPosts: 22,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

8qmhoa540s65.gif

@Madame_CJSkywalker

1dlfiicbns7e.gif

nh
    deadeye
    So, you're mad because I quoted a post.....that included a scantily clad pic of you......that you sent to another man.....while both of you are supposed to be in committed relationships with other people?

Hilarious.
    June 12 Delete

MsSouthern
    just messy ...smh
    June 12

deadeye
    You can call me messy, but you can't say I was lying about anything I said.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    gtfoff my page and mind your fucking business old man.

Oh wait, you have no business which is why you stalk various females on the internet tryibg to interject yourself into their business.

Fuck off.
    June 12

deadeye
    Most of your business is public knowledge Kathryn.

You should learn to exercise more discretion.

You're too old to continuously find yourself in compromising situations.

I'm extremely disappointed in your behavior and expect much better of you in the future.

With compassion, concern, sincerity, and due diligence.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    I hope you die of old age tonight.
    June 12

deadeye
    That's a horrible thing to say.

I'm sorry you feel that way Kathryn.

However, I've never heard of anyone dying of old age at 43.

My words must've really hit home for you to want me to die tonight.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Instead of wishing me death, your time would be better served reflecting on your past transgressions and thinking about what steps you can take to improve yourself.
    June 12 Delete

Dirty Sanchez
    kat caught feelings
    June 12

deadeye
    Indeed she did.

Definitely not your usual white woman.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    Titanagraphs but I caught feelings..ok.

Type me another one pops.
    June 12

deadeye
    You wished death upon me Kathryn.

Solely because I quoted a post which featured you in a bathrobe with your privates partially exposed.

A pic that would have never been publicly accessible had it not been for your carelessness and bad judgement.

Essentially, you want me to die for your mistakes.

Smarten up Kathryn.

If anyone caught feelings it's you.

This is just entertainment for me.
    June 12 Delete

0idvkbvn43de.jpg

@deadeye nah mate, fuck off, I literally hate seeing your name in my notifications because I know it's your FUCKING LIST. I'm tired of being @'d to some thread because of your shitty list, makes me just want to punch you in your fat fucking face.

You're a digrace to creepset and 'mature' black men the world over.

Fuck your entire existence.

You are a plain idiot. Since you cannot give birth nor have a proper sense of enduring and suffering you cannot understand my post.

@Westie has put her life on the line several times to give life. I wish I had an ounce of that courage, endurance and resiliance.

Peace
    Undefeatable

Angela Davis was a is an agent.
    Why you think all these Panthers dead or locked up but she get a college professor ship.

Secondly everyone knows that black feminists are just useful idiots for white feminists. The only people don't know this are the useful idiots.

deadeyeMadame_CJSkywalkerLcnsdbyROYALTY
  • fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 4,235 Regulator
    edited April 10

Why you think all these Panthers dead or locked up but she get a college professor ship.

Secondly everyone knows that black feminists are just useful idiots for white feminists. The only people don't know this are the useful idiots.

clearly not everybody know because there wouldnt be this problem would there...

404_thanksobama.gif
    source.gif

5th Letter
    fortyacres wrote: »

clearly not everybody know because there wouldnt be this problem would there...

Correction, people in the know know. Black feminists operate like black women church.

lol

proof, beyond the fact that she landed teaching gigs at some liberal colleges

and there is a lot of former panthers, even some of the prominent members, who are alive and doing ok for themselves

were they all agents?

smh.....

Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Stanton were both vocally pissed when it looked like the 15th Amendment was going to be ratified because it, theoretically, gave Black Men political power before it gave white women a voice in politics. Susan B. Anthony was quoted as saying “I will cut off this right arm of mine before I will ever work or demand the ballot for the Negro and not the woman.” as well as:

“What words can express her (the white woman’s) humiliation when, at the close of this long conflict, the government which she had served so faithfully held her unworthy of a voice in its councils, while it recognized as the political superiors of all the noble women of the nation the negro men just emerged from slavery, and not only totally illiterate, but also densely ignorant of every public question.”

and:

“The old anti-slavery school says women must stand back and wait until the negroes shall be recognized. But we say, if you will not give the whole loaf of suffrage to the entire people, give it to the most intelligent first. If intelligence, justice, and morality are to have precedence in the government, let the question of the woman be brought up first and that of the negro last.”

Susan B Anthony very famously considered white women and, especially, herself above Black men and Black women in every way shape and form. She was racist to her core.

Elizabeth Stanton stated "We educated, virtuous white women are more worthy of the vote." when the question of the 15th amendment came up giving the vote and citizenship to Black Men. She claimed to be an abolitionist but only when it served her. As with Anthony, when it came time to give Black men the vote, their true colors showed through with shit like this:

"What will we and our daughters suffer if these degraded black men are allowed to have the rights that would make them even worse than our Saxon fathers?"

Stanton fought for white, middle-class, protestant, propertied, educated women... Basically, she fought for women like herself.

And there's so much more where this comes from:

“White supremacy will be strengthened, not weakened, by women’s suffrage.” - Carrie Chapman Catt, founder of the League of Women Voters

“I do not want to see a negro man walk to the polls and vote on who should handle my tax money, while I myself cannot vote at all.” - Rebecca Ann Latimer Felton, first female Senator and last member of either house of Congress to be a slave owner.

Actually... Rebecca Ann Latimer Felton really said some fucked up shit about Black men. Read all about it in Leon F. Litwack's "Trouble in Mind: Black Southerners in the Age of Jim Crow". This lauded suffrage hero said that giving Black men the vote would lead to an increase in the rape of white women, called Black men "half-civilized gorillas" and advocated for the lynching of a thousand Black men a week in the south in order to protect white women.

You need to pick up a book.

pick up a book for what?

“feminism” that holds up or enables white supremacy isn’t feminism; it is white supremacy

feminism is about doing things to fight the oppression of all women

yes i know that there where/are some racist feminist

but participants within every movement cannot be painted with a broad brush. within every movement there are individuals with different beliefs and attitudes. like with the civil rights movement we had the more militant members like malcom x then we had mlk jr. and with feminism we have blk feminists, gay feminist, pro life feminist, etc

so this idea that a blk woman who self identifies as a feminist is then a suspected 'coon' is ridiculous

and this idea that blk women who participated in the women's suffrage movement or identify with feminist were/are brain washed is especially egregious and ironically enough further perpetuates white supremacy by erasing the efforts of the many blk women who made significant contributions to the movement from its conception

the majority of blk women of note were feminist or believed in feminist ideologies like harriet tubman or a rosa parks so that's who i get inspiration from, not no fucking susan b anthony lol
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 22,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lock this shit
    Madame_CJSkywalker
  • anduinanduin Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    getting as worked up as these crazy women, their opinions are pointless so everyone can move on. If a man can't speak his mind, no matter how crazy the message, I'd rather hear him say it than keep it in because it doesn't fit some social narrative.
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pick up a book for what?

“feminism” that holds up or enables white supremacy isn’t feminism; it is white supremacy

feminism is about doing things to fight the oppression of all women

yes i know that there where/are some racist feminist

but participants within every movement cannot be painted with a broad brush. within every movement there are individuals with different beliefs and attitudes. like with the civil rights movement we had the more militant members like malcom x then we had mlk jr. and with feminism we have blk feminists, gay feminist, pro life feminist, etc

so this idea that a blk woman who self identifies as a feminist is then a suspected 'coon' is ridiculous

and this idea that blk women who participated in the women's suffrage movement or identify with feminist were/are brain washed is especially egregious and ironically enough further perpetuates white supremacy by erasing the efforts of the many blk women who made significant contributions to the movement from its conception

the majority of blk women of note were feminist or believed in feminist ideologies like harriet tubman or a rosa parks so that's who i get inspiration from, not no fucking susan b anthony lol

Feminism was established in this country for the concerns of white women. Black, Native, Latino, Asian, Italian, and any other race or nationality that were not considered white at the time were of no concern to feminism's originators. Whether black women like Sojourner Truth took up the cause is a moot point because they were not the focus of the feminist movement; Black women were beneath Black men in the eyes of the originators of feminism and their rhetoric supports this.

Minority women were of no concern even with the second wave of feminism that sprang up in the 60's. The whole concern was of middle class white women wanting something more out of life than a husband with a good job and staying home to raise the kids. In fact, what came out of this was subjugating Black, Asian, and Latino women to nothing more than "hired help" to rais the kids left behind by these newly employeed "career women".

Benita Roth's "Separate Roads to Feminism: Black, Chicana, and White Feminist Movements in America’s Second Wave" as well as Ruth Frankenberg's "White Women, Race Matters" speaks to the fact that minority feminist movements were created in the vacuum of the 2nd wave's focus on, once again, white women. White women were presented as the ideal woman and that ideology was pushed forward; white women were the face of feminism's 2nd wave just as it was during the first.

Minority women made their strides without the assistance of white women. If you think white women were allies of minority women during the 60's and 70's you're sadly mistaken.
    i'm not sure which entity leaves people more abused and lost; the Porn Industry or Bad Boy Records.
123457»
This discussion has been closed.