What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

XBOX Scorpio Final Specs Officially Revealed

focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype.Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 6 in The Arcade

Replies

• hueyhuey Posts: 11,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is this
    d[-_-]b

Enoch VI-VII
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    huey wrote: »
    what is this

An Xbox One on steroids.

2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    scrapper1CottonCitySlimAjackson17
  • hueyhuey Posts: 11,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill just wait on the crowbcat video
    d[-_-]b

Enoch VI-VII
  • funkdocdamcfunkdocdamc Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill just wait on the crowbcat video

LOL, you watch his vids too?
    huey
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,375 Regulator
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 11,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    what is this

"The most powerful console ever"

Shit was cringe worthy
    Revolver Ocelot
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven I don't knowPosts: 18,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With no games lol. Why make a thread about this irrelevant machine? They should have just waited to release the next generation Xbox next fall and bring some damn EXCLUSIVE games finally. ROFL@ "The most powerful console ever" as if it is not releasing in 2017 ...duh. So powerful it can't play exclusive games LOL. My God. Switch >>>> Scorpio if I had to choose.
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,043 Regulator
    Backwards compatible and better online that can prolly play against PC players or some shit. Xbox got no games man SMMFH.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    VulcanRavenDa12RespectAAjackson17sapp08_2001
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6
    Ya say Xbox has no games but I look at library lists a lot of exclusives for Xbox One.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    scrapper1
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think some of ya'll spend more time fighting these console battles than you actually do playing games. I know @focus does. I've seen that nigga in threads like this stoking flames and I've seen that nigga in every PS4 related topic hating, but I've never seen that nigga actually post anything of substance about a game that wasn't also a veiled shot at the PS4 (e.g., praising MKX over SFV largely because SFV is a PS4 exclusive).
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    CeLLaR-DooRRevolver Ocelot
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think some of ya'll spend more time fighting these console battles than you actually do playing games. I know @focus does. I've seen that nigga in threads like this stoking flames and I've seen that nigga in every PS4 related topic hating, but I've never seen that nigga actually post anything of substance about a game that wasn't also a veiled shot at the PS4 (e.g., praising MKX over SFV largely because SFV is a PS4 exclusive).

THis..

in before Gears of War 6 and HALO FOREVER are announced
    edited April 6
    edited April 6

And then you have the niggas who spend all they time taking bout @focus. Hope you had breakfast first.

#bemadatdigitalfoundry

• The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

And then you have the niggas who spend all they time taking bout @focus. Hope you had breakfast first.

#bemadatdigitalfoundry

Nigga please. I forgot you existed for a while. Glorious days.

And I got no reason to be mad. I knew the Scorpio would be more powerful ever since last year. That was common knowledge. I'm happy with my PS4. There are more games out that I want to play than I even have time to play. The shit could die today, and I'd probably still be good for a couple more years. If the Scorpio is what the XBox fanboys need to be satisfied. I'm happy for them.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    CashmoneyDux
  • OuncemanOunceman Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes.

rubhhrhi9ovt.png

Yea i knew the scorpio would have superior specs to the ps4 pro when it was rumored it would be running at 6 terraflops. imo, the ps4 pro is a joke of an upgrade. with its use of checkerboard rendering in an attempt to achieve a 4k gaming experience. and not even including a UHD blu ray player. pretty pathetic that sony even entertained the thought of releasing it.

But the scorpio on the other hand, while it sounds great on paper, has its own set of impediments. for one, the dearth of exclusives on its platform. what sense does it make in releasing a robust console if u dont have any titles to show off the capability? maybe there is something in the pipeline that they plan on showing off at e3? and also, almost every future release will be designed with the OG xbone in mind. Some developers may go the extra mile and utilize the power of the system, but most will opt for the lowest denominator and ensure it runs smoothly on the 1st generation console instead
    tumblr_lrxxy1qkwP1qdmfbco1_500.jpg

Fetch.jpg
  • scrapper1scrapper1 ChicagoPosts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying this for certain. Dope specs
    keri_hilson_interscope001a.jpg
    focus
    edited April 7
    Ounceman wrote: »

Yea i knew the scorpio would have superior specs to the ps4 pro when it was rumored it would be running at 6 terraflops. imo, the ps4 pro is a joke of an upgrade. with its use of checkerboard rendering in an attempt to achieve a 4k gaming experience. and not even including a UHD blu ray player. pretty pathetic that sony even entertained the thought of releasing it.

Yea, Scorpio is overall 50% more powerful than the Pro, 43% on just GPU alone. Its a better machine in every conceivable way...GPU, CPU, RAM, bandwidth, optical drive.
    But the scorpio on the other hand, while it sounds great on paper, has its own set of impediments. for one, the dearth of exclusives on its platform. what sense does it make in releasing a robust console if u dont have any titles to show off the capability? maybe there is something in the pipeline that they plan on showing off at e3?

Subjective. They've had plenty of AAA and smaller XBOX Live exclusives this gen (across genres Sony's first party doesnt in many cases), and a few already announced for release this year. People either choose to realize this, or not...but the games are definitely there. Its all personal preference. However, unless its Nintendo, third party games will of course matter more and there will be no comparison there. The Red Dead 2, Battlefront 2, Destiny 2, Assassin's Creed Egypt, Shadow of War, etc Digital Foundry side by sides should be interesting.

and also, almost every future release will be designed with the OG xbone in mind. Some developers may go the extra mile and utilize the power of the system, but most will opt for the lowest denominator and ensure it runs smoothly on the 1st generation console instead

Developers already do with for PC. Scalability is not a new concept. Consoles just finally have the tools for it. They said they had Forza 6 running on Scorpio at 4K, 60fps, Ultra PC settings, no optimization, with 30% GPU overhead leftover, in just 2 days. Scorpio simply brute forces alot of the work. This thing basically automatically remasters 360 and XBO games. The Pro requires a special patch for what Scorpio will do inherently.

• funkdocdamcfunkdocdamc Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4K/60fps, yes or no. Hell, 1080p/60fps would be dope as hell. I know the Forza 6 demo was 4K/60, but will it be able to play all the games at at least 1080p/60fps?
    4K/60fps, yes or no. Hell, 1080p/60fps would be dope as hell. I know the Forza 6 demo was 4K/60, but will it be able to play all the games at at least 1080p/60fps?

Yes, even 360 games. Supersampling is built into the system, unlike PS4 Pro. If a game, any game, has dynamic resolution, it will auto scale up or down depending on TV settings. Same for framerate. Whatever the target was, Scorpio will scale accordingly. No patches or "boost modes" needed.