What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Is Dr.Dre A Relevant Producer in 2017?

Replies

• R.D.R.D. Posts: 19,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Dr.Dre is not a relevant producer in 2017
    Sion wrote: »
    Dope was getting mad play out here and I'm in Canada, you must a been living under a rock if you missed that joint.

Let me find and up the thread, a lot of niggas gon get exposed saying they wasn't feeling it....

Nigga your country ain't relevant

We don't give af about the Raptors or the Maple Leafs over here

Ditto for the Blue Jays

So, I googled Dope to settle this

12 million views on YouTube

Young Greatness-Moolah 27 million views

Old, corny, out of touch, dinosaurs...take ya pick
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes he is relevant in 2017
    R.D. wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    For somebody who isn't relevant in 2017, its ironic that there's a thread thats 8 pages about him.

8 pages, not one about music

Sonned yourself

I understand why y'all think it's debatable but it's not

50 cent is relevant, is his music

They don't hear us man

I wouldn't have used jazze pha but I agree with the sentiment

The mula joint by greatness was killing last year...I don't know the numbers but was one of my favorite songs on radio last year

Some nigga namedropped some shit called Dope that got something to do with Dre, idek what the fuck that is, it wasn't on my radio

When Dre last consistent radio play...How we do?

We using the dinosaur that is local radio as a bar for relevance now? We evolved into so many music mediums and your going to use the radio to question relevance the same radio that's being strangled by music corps to pump out their payola tapes.

I don't here Cole on the radio like that but the nigga sold a milli with a album that can only relate to a small population of people

Niggas weak ass argument getting worse and worse

Lmaooo @ cole album only relating to a small amount of people. What album is that? What the fuck are you talking about? Cole was across the world selling out outdoor venues

I'm on the IC, I'm online. I don't know what Dope is. Never seen it online, never heard it on the radio... you jumping around looking for an opening that don't exist

Choose your next words carefully, you're bordering idiot territory

What does Cole selling millions have to with his album relating to people?

I didn't know millions of people had dead drug dealing homies with daughters that shit ain't relatable to 99% of the people that brought it

And that's literally the whole album unfortunately I relate to the album about 90% but if I didn't I couldn't feel I huge majority of the album that shit speaks to me

I never heard dope until the ic either but I also wasn't checking for the t.iI'm not even close to the biggest t.i fan but it has 12 million views so that's on me not t.i you can't hope music Gona find you

And how the fuck you Gona tell me to choose my words carefully and your dickhead ass said jazzy PHA out of all people is more relevant than Dre foh

sapp08_2001rip.dilla
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope was getting mad play out here and I'm in Canada, you must a been living under a rock if you missed that joint.

Let me find and up the thread, a lot of niggas gon get exposed saying they wasn't feeling it....

We don't give af about the Raptors or the Maple Leafs over here

Ditto for the Blue Jays

Old, corny, out of touch, dinosaurs...take ya pick

The number 1 rapper in Hip-hop and in YOUR country is Canadian BWAHAHAHAHHA

dipz7gl1yuve.gif

LMFAO yo wtf is that gif from I'm in tears

Sionsapp08_2001StoneColdMikeyRevolver Ocelot
  • GetoBoyGetoBoy M.O.B. Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mane bottom line if you can drop a gold+ selling album you relevant ain't no gold+ selling artist irrelevant that shit don't even match up
    LUClEN
  • Go figureGo figure the GoPosts: 4,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

How does this prove dre's irrelevancy?
    iwslmt.jpg
    sapp08_2001
    edited April 9
    Drake ain't a rapper

As for the other nigga, if all you got from that album is a dead homie and his daughter, you missed it

Meanwhile every time one of y'all weak arguments fails, niggas on point see you jump to another one

Jazze pha produced moolah with new artist 27 mil
    Dre produced Dope with established Rap veteran/star 12 mil

You ask "is Dre a relevant producer in 2017"

I say " is Jazze Pha" ;)
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post dre biggest hits in 2016 2015 2014 an then tell me is he relivent in 2017

Sold half a million in 2015 this will be the last time I'm saying this

On an album where he had a number of producers. Yes, I went there. Cause yall LOVE going there when it comes to Kanye.

Bottomline is the man can say hes going to work with anybody poppin at any given day and people will check for it regardless. Nobody would dare say Prince Michael Jackson The Rolling Stones are irrelevant just because they havent released material in a while. Gotta show respect for their work and the milestones theyve achieved. But for some odd reason Hip Hop fans in this era dont give a damn.

@sapp08_2001 just shut the thread down with this gospel. New niggas not gonna like it but you can't deny the truth :+1:

Its all good let them have their opinions. Real Hip Hop fans know whats up.
    SionStew
    edited April 9
    Drake ain't a rapper

As for the other nigga, if all you got from that album is a dead homie and his daughter, you missed it

Meanwhile every time one of y'all weak arguments fails, niggas on point see you jump to another one

I say " is Jazze Pha" ;)

Dre getting named drop and doing work with arguably the best "new generation" rapper in the game

Jazzy PHA had a hit song with a one hit wonder that nobody's knows I thought that was a future or a young thug song I never knew who young carbon copy was until now you just took away the only song by young thug I thought I liked
    Sionsapp08_2001
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 51,365 Regulator
    YouTube hits get me every time :joy:
    Sion
  • KnowReasonForPeaceKnowReasonForPeace Legit 80s Baby... Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go figure wrote: »

27 million views so this shit dont matter!!!
    photo.jpg
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,334 Regulator

OH SHIT LOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLL
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    miamivice305
    12 million views equals irrelevant? Learned something new today
    Drake ain't a rapper

I say " is Jazze Pha" ;)

I literally don't have a clue how to dumb down this any further
  • Go figureGo figure the GoPosts: 4,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jazze pha came out with a track with E40 (legend) in nov 2016 that didnt break 2 mil views on youtube

Have u heard about it?

gpuep7y50dj0.png
    iwslmt.jpg
    Ghostdenithegawd
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jazze pha came out with a track with E40 (legend) in nov 2016 that didnt break 2 mil views on youtube

Have u heard about it?

gpuep7y50dj0.png

Ayeee that E-40 track @ the bottom "slappin" is the shit tho
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Drake runs hip hop
    You sound salty
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher