What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Big Baller Brand Didn’t Sell Nearly As Many Lonzo Ball Shoes As Initially Reported

Replies

• MD_PROPER MD_PROPER You can be young without money, but you can't be old without it Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Good hustle

He's hurting his brand too. And Lonzo has to ball crazy for this brand to take off

How is this hurting his brand?

Work hard, go for yours, don't take no for an answer....that's the brand I see them trying to build so how does this hurt...You don't think Lonzo knows he has to ball out..
    YIqKm_.gif
    “I love the hustle, man. I be feelin’ like one of them ball-playin niggas, you know, like Bird or Magic or something. Yea, you know a nigga got dough, a nigga could leave the league. But if I leave, the fans still gonna love me, man?” –Mitch P.I.F

Los216
  • TheGOATTheGOAT Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    So ILL wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    the oddest sports story ever
    And its kind of sad that its odd. More professional athletes should be using their own recipes to eat instead of looking for a piece or somebody else's pie.

I would agree if he was proven. Its odd because hes still amature and his daddy is his mouthpiece so far in his career.
    Yeah, but they still get some respect for trying to do their own thing this early in. He can still fall back and do it the way niggas have been doing it before, too. But at least they're taking a shot.

I would have more respect for the move if we didnt already know he gonna be signed to nike or Adidas in a couple months

Its a get rich quick hustle for someone who dont need it. Just hurting his actual brand in the long run.

Like dude above me said. If he dont ball like Jordan rookie year nobody gonna buy into his hype his own daddy set for him before he ever got drafted.
    So ILLMR.CJ
  • TheGOATTheGOAT Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    @HundredEyes why you hit the Nosign?

Sayv what the fuck you wanna say
    HundredEyes 5onblackhandsideKingFreemanStewBetaPureYangCaina.mannrip.dillaCeLLaR-DooR
  • HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HundredEyes why you hit the Nosign?

Sayv what the fuck you wanna say

My bad fam, didnt even notice that shit lol.

Carry on
    R.D.rip.dilla
  • warren98warren98 Posts: 456 ✭✭✭✭
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    I respect that nigga he said fuck you leeching ass crackers I'll make my own shoes black folk don't realize that those shoe companies need black athletes more than they need them

Qft.
    MD_PROPER
  • So ILLSo ILL Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    VIBE wrote: »
    the oddest sports story ever
    And its kind of sad that its odd. More professional athletes should be using their own recipes to eat instead of looking for a piece or somebody else's pie.

I would agree if he was proven. Its odd because hes still amature and his daddy is his mouthpiece so far in his career.
    Yeah, but they still get some respect for trying to do their own thing this early in. He can still fall back and do it the way niggas have been doing it before, too. But at least they're taking a shot.

I would have more respect for the move if we didnt already know he gonna be signed to nike or Adidas in a couple months

Its a get rich quick hustle for someone who dont need it. Just hurting his actual brand in the long run.

Like dude above me said. If he dont ball like Jordan rookie year nobody gonna buy into his hype his own daddy set for him before he ever got drafted.
    Yeah, but at least they took a shot. These other niggas just jumped right into being owned. If Lonzo is taking care or business on the court then all of that money is coming regardless.

You say its good he took a shot.

But hes turning people off of his son at the same time.

Possibly costing him money from when he actually signs to a real Brand.

There is no room for error in young Lozos career now.

Chips are all in. Thanks to daddy and his mouth
    At least they ain't doing no sucker shit trying fit on to anyone else's brand, that's why they made their own. Their shit taking off would only make them respect it even more lol.
  • dnyce215dnyce215 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭
    The free promotion he is getting is what I'm hearing on the Dan Lebetard show is equivalent to 50 million dollars
    313 wayzInglewood_BJusDre313
  • Mr PopoMr Popo Just Call Me Mister Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Ball boys are going to play in these shoes, I hope the shoes have been tested
    nfl-afc-championship-new-england-patriots-denver-broncos3.jpg

313 wayz#1hiphopjunki3
  • TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    The thing is, Lonzo can play but he's not special.. i doubt he even starts next year and if that's the case these high priced kicks will be a failure

Lets revisit this in November
    z4qp8gvofqsm.gif
    CashmoneyDuxR.D.Alpha_Ambition FlightKinggalaxy_1221Intelligent_Hoodlum
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I respect the hustle. Shit that NBA contract aint guaranteed. Gotta get it while you can
    $tayRichROLLIN
  • TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many sheep.

Not enough willing to test the waters.

Outside his dad bring an ass...I like the heart
    Imagine Lavars blueprint without being an ass tho... imagine if he had the same game plan and was.....

Wait for it....

Humble.
    z4qp8gvofqsm.gif
  • damnkpdamnkp Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    I respect the hustle. Shit that NBA contract aint guaranteed. Gotta get it while you can

If that's the case why not take a 5 year 10 million dollar deal from a shoe company and then use that money to start your own shit.