What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Bridgeport,CT race soldier kills 15yo teenager…

stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 13 in For The Grown & Sexy
https://patch.com/connecticut/bridgeport/bridgeport-police-chief-shooting-was-officers-worst-nightmare
Bridgeport Police Shooting: Family Identifies Teen Fatally Shot By Officer

City officials and leaders spoke Wednesday regarding a police-involved shooting that left one dead and sparked outrage in the community.

BRIDGEPORT, CT — Several groups are planning protests after a teenager was fatally shot in a police-involved shooting in Bridgeport Tuesday evening. The teen's family members confirmed the identity of Jayson Negron to multiple media outlets including FOX61, the Connecticut Post and NBC Connecticut. Information about his age and hometown were not released, however word that the person involved was a Stratford student circulated on social media and sparked outrage among community members. Stratford Superintendent of Schools Janet Robinson issued a letter to parents Wednesday afternoon offering support to students who may be upset by "rumors," adding that the district did not have any information on the shooting.

"All of our young people are so important to us that something like this is such a tragedy," wrote Robinson. "The safety and well being of your children is vitally important to you and to us. Even if your child is not familiar with the individual, rumors can still be upsetting, so I want to make certain that you are informed and can speak with your child if he/she expresses concern. Our counselors are there for them."

Police chief A.J. Perez defended officers who allegedly shot the young man after he struck two of them with a stolen car. Perez called the incident that left the man's passenger and three officers injured a "police officer's worst nightmare."

"Based on all information that I have received, and I have not heard anything that would dissuade me, our officers acted within guidelines of law and department policy," said the city's police chief during a press conference with Mayor Joe Ganim and community leaders Wednesday afternoon.

State police say that officers tried to stop a stolen vehicle on Park Avenue at around 5 p.m. Tuesday, and the driver sped off in the wrong direction on Fairfield Avenue and hitting several vehicles along Fairfield Avenue.

Once the driver stopped and officers approached, the vehicle reversed and collided with a Bridgeport officer. Police say a second officer fired one round, striking both the driver and the passenger who was identified as Julian Fyffe, 21, of Bridgeport.

When the driver was accelerating in reverse, the officer became pinned under the vehicle, according to the police chief. State police said the names of the officers involved were being withheld, however Perez stated the officer who fired his weapon had been on the force for one year.

Perez further said that the body of the young man who was shot was unable to be covered until the state's attorney and Chief Medical Examiner were responding to the crime scene, calling it 'not a perfect system.'

“At this point what happens in our world is that it is our job is to secure crime scene," said the city's Chief of Police. The matter is being investigated by the state police. We are depending on the state's attorney and state police to conduct open and thorough investigation. "

However, both community leaders and the mayor voiced displeasure of the way the body was handled.

"It bothers me to have a deceased young person have to remain for six or seven hours," Ganim said. It is unacceptable from a community perspective."

Protesters gathered outside at the scene of the shooting Tuesday night, and many area groups announced plans to protest in Bridgeport beginning at 6 p.m. Wednesday. The American Civil Liberties Union of Connecticut issued a statement regarding the shooting, the city's 11th homicide this year.

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Protests-planned-over-Bridgeport-shooting-11135815.php
Protests planned over Bridgeport police shooting

BRIDGEPORT—City leaders on Wednesday appealed for calm even as hundreds of demonstrators from New Jersey to Massachusetts prepared to descend on the city to protest the shooting of an unarmed teenager by a rookie police officer following a chase in a stolen car.

“The country is outraged by the death of this young man but we have to come together as a community to try and find out how we can move forward,” warned Imam Lyle Hassan Jones during a press conference in the Margaret Morton Government Center Wednesday afternoon.
Many people who attended the press conference expressed outrage that the 16-year-old lay handcuffed and uncovered in the street nearly six hours after the shooting.

“We are angry with these bodies lying out there, he may lay out there but next time the body will be covered,” vowed Dawn Spearman, founder of the victim’s group You Are Not Alone.

“I know it bothers me that a body has to remain in the open six or seven hours uncovered and I share the outrage of the community,” Mayor Joseph Ganim said.

Perez said the decision to leave the body in the street was made by the state police who had taken over the investigation.

“I asked for it (the body) to be covered but I was told it could not be covered because that would damage the evidence,” the chief explained.

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-bridgeport-teen-shot-rally-0511-20170510-story.html
About 100 Mourners Gather In Bridgeport In Wake Of Fatal Officer-Involved Shooting

Roughly 24 hours after a young man was shot and killed by a city cop following a brief chase, more than 100 people gathered near the site on Fairfield Avenue to hold a vigil.

The crowd was somber Wednesday as a group of young men stood holding balloons that read RIP.

A state police source told the Courant the victim was 15-year-old Jayson Negron.

A man identifying himself as the victim's uncle said the fatal shooting did not need to happen. "He had his whole life ahead of him," said Juan Negron.

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy urged patience as the Office of the State's Attorney and the Connecticut State Police conduct their investigations. "A young man lost his life last night and I am deeply saddened by this reality," Malloy said in a statement. "I am sensitive to the concerns of all those impacted by this incident and ask for patience from members of the community as the independent reviews are being conducted."

The driver of a stolen car was shot and killed by a Bridgeport police officer following a chase and a confrontation Tuesday night, state police said.

Officers tried to stop the car on Park Avenue about 5 p.m., but the driver kept going, leading the officers on a brief chase, traveling the wrong way on Fairfield Avenue and hitting several other cars, state police said.

The car stopped, and as Bridgeport officers approached and tried to take the driver into custody, the driver sped in reverse and hit one of the officers, pinning him beneath the car, police officials said.

Another Bridgeport officer fired his gun.

The front-seat passenger in the car was shot in the shoulder and hospitalized, city police said. Two officers were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

In an afternoon press conference at city hall, police and community officials called for transparency and asked everyone to come together in the wake of the deadly shooting.

"What happened yesterday is the police officers ultimate nightmare," city Police Chief Armando Perez said. "No one puts on this uniform and hopes this will happen."

Western District Major Crime Squad detectives responded at the request of the Chief State's Attorney's office and took over the investigation. Chief State's Attorney Kevin Kane has also assigned Waterbury State's Attorney Maureen Platt to conduct a use of force investigation.

vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards

Replies

• CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Woodz of Inglez Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm... you know what, Ima leave this one alone.
    Quick wit the hands... Readdyyyyyy
    onetoughmiracle
  • gnsgns Bleeding 24/7 Posts: 21,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just erased everything I initially wrote
    Its whatever man
    Fuck it
    Max.
  • TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again?? This must be kid killing season for cops
    z4qp8gvofqsm.gif
    stringer bell
  • R0mpR0mp Keep Moving. Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get shot by law enforcement, you're likely to be fresh out of luck when it comes to rendered aid. You're gonna get cuffed and bleed out.
    deadeyestringer bellmarc123
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused. I just skimmed the articles, but it doesn't even look like the people dispute that it was a fair shooting. They are mad that the body wasn't covered. That's fucked up, but is it really worth organizing a major protest?
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    AggieLean.
  • grYmesgrYmes Diversify your bonds...Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel bad that dude did what he did. Some where someone failed him. If anything they need to take a hard look at themselves & what that community can do to keep these kids from making these decisions. It's fucked up when a cop singles you out for something foul. Its even more fucked up to put yourself in that situation where your life in someone else's hands.
    Check out my blog "Shit Done Changed". As I go through the most member able albums of hip hop history year-by-year.

http://ishdonechanged.blogspot.com/
  • Mseries_Mseries_ Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen this shit on the news(not interested), I wonder if they were filming live, I know they got some kind of ig live cop show out of Bridgeport.

Mad people in CT (the suburbs) getting their car stolen or burglarized because they think it's cool to leave their car unlocked with the keys in them.

Anyway Seems like the kid played his part in interacting with the trigger happy police, RIP to homes but this ain't the same type of situation as the kid in Texas so I don't feel any type of way about it.
  • playboy buddy roseplayboy buddy rose Red hook brooklynPosts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As bad as i hate to say this tha kid could have prevented his own death
    marc123
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well damn, there really are black people in Conneticut.
    Huey_C
    http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-julian-fyffe-bridgeport-lawsuit-0518-20170517-story.html
    Lawsuit Seeks $6 Million For Man Shot By Officer In Bridgeport

A man who was wounded when a city police officer fatally shot the driver of the car in which he was riding filed a $6 million federal lawsuit Tuesday against the city of Bridgeport, the police chief and five police officers, alleging civil rights violations and unjustified use of force.

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in New Haven, accuses Bridgeport police of violating 21-year-old Julian Fyffe's constitutional rights during the May 9 police shooting that wounded Fyffe, and killed Jayson Negron, 15.

"What should have been a routine traffic stop turned into the shooting of two young men," Michael Stratton, Fyffe's attorney, said in an interview Wednesday.

An account from state police said Jayson was driving a stolen car when officers attempted to stop him. Officers pursued the car briefly after Jayson drove the wrong way on a one-way street and struck several vehicles, state police said.

Once the vehicle stopped, Bridgeport police officers approached the vehicle in order to take the operator into custody, but state police said it "accelerated in reverse and struck at least one" officer.

State police reported that a second officer opened fire, hitting both Jayson and Fyffe. The officer was identified by police as James Boulay. Officials said he's on paid administrative leave.

The lawsuit names the city, Boulay, Police Chief Armando Perez and four unidentified officers. A spokesperson for the city could not immediately be reached for comment.

Stratton said he's been investigating the shooting since last Friday. He said he spoke to witnesses and employees who viewed surveillance footage from a nearby Walgreens. He said he believes much of what the police have said is inaccurate.

Stratton said his investigation shows that the young men were being pulled from the car when the shooting occurred, and the vehicle rolled backwards because no one was in control of it at the time.

"The car began to roll backwards very gently and hit a parked car," Stratton said. "It was at this point at least one officer took out a service weapon and fired."

A minute-long video that surfaced late last week shows Jayson lying handcuffed on the ground next to the open driver's side door of a car. Sirens and people yelling can be heard in the background.

At one point, out of view of the camera, the position of Jayson's head changes — he is facing right when the camera shifts away and then left when the video returns to him a few seconds later.

An officer bends down to touch his back and then stands near him. The clip ends with an officer bending down to touch the teen again.

The lawsuit says Jayson died handcuffed to the pavement and that police failed to "summon medical aid."

Following the shooting, the police chief provided information about the shooting that contradicted the statements by state police and medical examiners.

Perez said that Jayson was shot in the head, but an autopsy revealed that he died from gunshot wounds to the torso and extremity, according to the medical examiner.

The lawsuit says Fyffe suffered "gunshots to his person, narrowly averted death, experienced great pain and suffering,' and "witnessed the death and shooting of his close friend."

Stratton said that Fyffe is out of the hospital and "doing remarkably well for what he should be [given his injuries]. He's on the mend."

In a post on social media, the Western District Major Crime squad of the state police on Wednesday asked the public for help with the investigation, saying it is seeking videos, photos and any other information about the shooting. Waterbury State's Attorney Maureen Platt is handling the use of force investigation at the direction of Chief State's Attorney Kevin Kane.
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Police-chiefs-fire-back-at-ACLU-critique-of-11152608.php
    Police chiefs fire back at ACLU critique of shooting

The state’s police chiefs have fired back at criticism from the American Civil Liberties Union about how Bridgeport Police handled the shooting of 15-year-old Jayson Negron last week.

In a letter sent Tuesday morning, John L. Salvatore, president of the Connecticut Police Chiefs Association, decried what he called “the current movement to delegitimize police and to divide communities.”

On Monday, the ACLU released a statement, calling out the “callous disregard that Bridgeport police officers showed for Jayson Negron during his last moments ... Their behavior was outside the realms of human decency and democracy.”

Many questions remain about the death of Negron, fatally shot last week by 30-year-old Bridgeport Police Officer James Boulay. The shooting followed what police said was a brief pursuit of a stolen vehicle Negron was reportedly driving. A passenger in the car, Julian Fyffe, 21 of Bridgeport, was shot in the shoulder during the incident. Fyffe is suing the city for $6 million plus attorney’s fees.

The shooting, which is under investigation by the state police, has led to an outcry by those who want more information on the circumstances surrounding the incident, and who believe it sheds light on the need for police reform.

However, Salvatore’s statement claims reform isn’t necessary.

“We have a statewide civilian complaint process that appears to work,” the statement reads. “There has been no sustainable incident of anyone wishing to file a complaint against police who has been denied such right.” Salvatore conceded that “there are times when mistakes are made or inappropriate behavior by a minority of officers occur, but they are addressed and not swept under the rug, as inferred by the ACLU.”

The letter also criticized the ACLU for its characterization of the shooting, and said the chiefs association was “astonished that the ACLU, an organization which proposes to fight for justice and civil liberties, denies a police officer the same rights while rushing to judge a tragic shooting death in Bridgeport by calling the event police misconduct before the facts are compiled and the independent investigation is completed and reviewed by a state’s attorney.”

ACLU Connecticut executive director David McGuire said the letter from the police chiefs association is disappointing, but not surprising. “Community and police relations in Connecticut are incredibly strained and reactions like this exacerbate the problem, because it shows a lack of willingness to engage in a real conversation around this issue,” McGuire said.

He added that the ACLU isn’t anti-police, and has happily worked with several police departments to improve relationships with the community.

But the statement from the chiefs association said criticism from groups like the ACLU “is a disservice to the people of Connecticut who are being selflessly served by the men and women of the police departments of the state.”

giphy.gif
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg