What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Cassidy Disagrees with DJ Vlad Saying Nas is the Worst Beat Picker

Replies

• Moore7sMoore7s Call GodPosts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moore7s wrote: »
    I think what people aren't able to express is that they don't like nas' song writing. Shadyteam said she doesn't like his hooks and I think that's what it boils down to. People just can't sing along to his tunes so they say it's the beat

Nas tells stories, gives a lot to think about and is usually creative with his approach lyrically. It's pretty much the opposite of popular songs today where they're catchy but the content is garbage and it's not creative.

The other legends of his caliber who Vlad is referring to have catchier tunes. Jay, Big, Dmx, Ice cube, Eminem are all Legends with better singles than Nas because they're catchier.That's really the only flaw they can give his career post illmatic
    Fam just say YOU dont like his style of music. Nas has a few bangaz, hate me now, Made you look are a couple. The thing is these are CLASSICS that have more longevity than any of the little new age faggots current day music. All in all, Nas DOES NOT MAKE COMMERCIAL MUSIC. Youre just comparing his beatz with other commercial artist that gets club play. But thats not what Nas is. He knows this but dumb azz ignorant fans like Vlad dont know hiphop outside the fuckin radio

What part of my post said I don't like his music?
    Take my word for it... I love Nas' music. I just believe his singles haven't hit as much as some other major artists. That's my only point in all of this

There's a difference between good music and commercially viable music. (Very few artists are able to make meaningful music AND outsell thier peers)I prefer good music but I also can separate my preferences from what people buy and consume on the market.
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BobOblah wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Overblown complaint. Nas production is fine.

vlad and shady team gtfoh

Nas' production suits him at the end of the day. We can't deny that he does have some disappointing beats, but that seems to speak more to his loyalty to Salaam Remi than any failure on his part as he easily has as many good beats as he does subpar ones.

Open challenge: name as many wack nas beats as you can and I guarantee someone can name as many sick ones

I could easily

Run it fam.
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salaam has produced to many good beats for Nas to partake in this foolishness. Most of his production for Nas has been fire. Nas has picked some wack beats from other producers too.

LOL @ Vlad's corn ass interviewing Salaam about Nas picking the worst beats.

He's a good speaker. He doesn't pause, good vocab. I've never seen a Salaam interview. He comes across as a bright dude.

Watching this though, and reading through the thread, I think I might be wrong about Salaam being a cause of Nas' poor production. He makes bangerz, Nas just seems to prefer less active beats. He often chooses beats that won't detract from his verses.

This might be a good thing, though. I know there are a few posters here who dislike Justblaze because his beats are often overproduced: lyricists find themselves competing with the beat. Nas seems to prefer to go for beats that have the opposite effect.
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
    grYmes313 wayzSoloman_The_Wise
  • THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I just don't like Nas with Salaam Remi. Premo, Alchemist, Havoc, Pete Rock, etc is fire

I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE...
    BUT I DO WISH NAS DID MORE WORK W/ ALC...
    HE WAS ONLY ON QB FINEST, GOD'S SON & LOST TAPES...
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    VLAD OBSESSED WITH NAS...
    INTERVIEWS PEOPLE CLOSE TO HIM (SALAAM, CARMEN, ETC.)...
    ASK THEM THE SAME TAKEOVER V. ETHER, NAS' BEATS QUESTIONS...

Shit is disturbing

LES INTERVIEW COMING SOON
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chompollet wrote: »
    Pete Rock didn't do shit for Nas..

He produced The world is yours which is one of Nas best songs but beside that he didint do SHIT!

LARGE PROF DJ PREMIER, HAVOC SALAAM REMI IS THE GOATS

also Nas sounded good on Trackmasters!

Pete Rock fucked Carmen that's why
    313 wayz
  • 3Hunna3Hunna stew Posts: 162
    Top 5 rappers with the worst production

1. Nas
    2. J Cole
    3. Canibus
    4. Lupe Fiasco
    5. Royce
    infamous114Soloman_The_WiseRevolver Ocelot
  • southsil4lilsouthsil4lil Short TexasPosts: 9,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chompollet wrote: »
    Pete Rock didn't do shit for Nas..

He produced The world is yours which is one of Nas best songs but beside that he didint do SHIT!

LARGE PROF DJ PREMIER, HAVOC SALAAM REMI IS THE GOATS

also Nas sounded good on Trackmasters!

Pete Rock fucked Carmen that's why

Never knew that
  • chompolletchompollet Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15
    AHHA: How many guys have you been affiliated with in the industry that you really haven’t been with?

Carmen: There’s this on going rumor about me and Pete Rock whom I’ve never met.
    THE_R_
    TURNED OUT BY RAP NIGGAS LIKE MOST OF THESE HOES ;)
  • AZTGAZTG Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listen to Nas for lyrics so fuck all this other shit
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't salaam do this song?

Heavy D gave that to nas
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
    scrapper1
    So what are these bad nas beats ??
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
  • trendsetta1030trendsetta1030 Where the money at...Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's cuz Cassidy also can't pick beats
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 49,697 Regulator
    qawshun wrote: »

Lol this whole Nas is the worst beat picker is overstated but let's not act like he's rapped over garbage production

Lol this whole Nas is the worst beat picker is overstated but let's not act like he's rapped over garbage production

Again post these bad beats. Imo there isn't a rapper other than Ross that i can think of that hasn't
  • trendsetta1030trendsetta1030 Where the money at...Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Again post these bad beats. Imo there isn't a rapper other than Ross that i can think of that hasn't

Soloman_The_WiseRevolver Ocelot
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20

Preemo aside Nastradamus sounds either forgettable or straight wack.

Worst ever beat picker will always be a hype no matter who you label it with but why niggas pretend like Nas spits over fire beats all the time is beyond me
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really?

The first song you posted is Fur Elize(famous Beethoven composition) over Impeach The President.

The second song you posted was unreleased.

Try again.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

achewon87qawshun
  • emaculateemaculate Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭
    There is a lack of interpersonalness with interviews such as this. Rather being a sound board that allows an artists to project or express themselves it turns into an interrogation confessional.

There is nothing wrong with the questions however the response to the interviewee become one sided and the simple man behind the camera creates a psychological omniscient voice and view. Jading the artists as well as the viewer.

This shit enhances and projects his view over or beyond the interviewee in question. If you agree with him than it's more fuel for you to clap back or 'strengthen' your view and opinion while belittling the next mans.

There is no balance or honesty to this. Especially with this topic. Shit is dated, why are we talking about wHack beat selections from over 10 years ago. Why is that relevant? Homie has dropped decent projects with at minimum decent beat selections since Stillmatic.

Flat out agree with @aneed123
    achewon87
  • anduinanduin Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vlad's wrong, and after all its just 1 man's opinion
  • Soloman_The_WiseSoloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Puget SoundPosts: 2,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anduin wrote: »
    vlad's wrong, and after all its just 1 man's vendetta
    Fixed...
    The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows another way...

Originally Posted by south4life

"I'm not a drug dealer but, I'm cool with alot of street niggas...
    cause they respect the fact that I'm real with them, I'm not trying to be something I ain't.
    I'm cool with alot of street niggas here too cause, I come off as just being me and when I see them I holla and keep it moving. That's what's wrong with everybody now, they make being a gangsta or thug as the benchmark of being real. U know what's real, a nigga working a 9 to 5, busting his ass everyday without having to break a law."

The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows a better way...

I do not hate White People, Hell I regularly enjoy many White Women intimately, But I cannot stand Wiggers, RedNecks, or any Fag White Boys that do not Know there Place in shit...
  • KnowReasonForPeaceKnowReasonForPeace Legit 80s Baby... Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So whats everyones issue with vlad. Im not familiar with him outside of his jamar videos
    photo.jpg