In a PR blitz before his trial, Bill Cosby blames racism for sexual assault claims

1101113151624

Replies

  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 24,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    see this the shit im talkin about..

    wake up and only two new posts..
    one bein a lesbian on his last tampon wit 3 more days to go..

    hopeless!
    but lets watch him bleed! hahaha

    aye @TheLesbianMonk my nigga..
    Bill was the creator.. writer.. and producer of his shows..

    dont compare a Boss to a worker..
    Bill aint never have to watch his tongue wit nobody.. Bill aint never have to apologize for shit..

    he gets money WITH white people.. not FROM white people.. and when he tried to make the leap and cut them out.. they cut him down..

    nigga its a BIG DIFFERENCE..
    he didnt go on a white network targeting white middle aged men such as ESPN and cast niggas in a negative light for the white man's entertainment..

    no.. he went to a black institution and talked to his black people no different then a old head would at a family function..

    if u go sit here and tell me u see no difference either u think me the fool or ur the idiot..

    So did bill come out of the womb creating, writing, and producing or did he do comedy shows and movies like every other comedian that came up where he was getting paid by people? Saying Bill never had to watch is tongue is probably too generous. Once he was a made man, sure, but when he was on the come up, I doubt he was as brash.

    And I didn't say there was a difference between Bill Cosby and SAS. That's a ridiculous ass statement.

    And lol @ the irony of you comparing me to a woman on her period when you can't make one civil post without being a bitch.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    BOSSExcellence
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 28,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the bottom line here is..


    how can you be soo against him outside of his old man statements.

    me and people are riding for him...mainly because but not only the fact that he's a black man accussed by white women who were not even deemed credible yet.

    whole communities are destroyed because of a white woman lie....black are are incarcerated til this day because of a white woman's lie.

    how about slowing down and understanding that.

    if the evidence is there OK....he's guilty.
    him admitting to giving pills..bot quite guilt..depends on the spin for the reason.

    but until then.

    him saying that shit ain't change white people mind....just made the feel less guilty about racism
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


    twenty2
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 24,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the bottom line here is..


    how can you be soo against him outside of his old man statements.

    me and people are riding for him...mainly because but not only the fact that he's a black man accussed by white women who were not even deemed credible yet.

    whole communities are destroyed because of a white woman lie....black are are incarcerated til this day because of a white woman's lie.

    how about slowing down and understanding that.

    if the evidence is there OK....he's guilty.
    him admitting to giving pills..bot quite guilt..depends on the spin for the reason.

    but until then.

    him saying that shit ain't change white people mind....just made the feel less guilty about racism

    I'm not against him. lol Again, I'm not the DA. I'm not charging dude or trying to put him away. I'm just not blindly defending him.

    This dude has almost 50 women accusing him of rape and he himself admitted to buying the "date rape" drug specifically to get sex from women. Does that mean he is the rape monster he's being accused of? No, but I'm not going to be like ya'll and act like he's some kind of angel that's being plotted against the evil white establishment. The true is somewhere in the middle. He probably did do some foul shit back in the day and a handful of these women were wronged. The others probably got what they wanted, but see an opportunity for 15 mins of fame or a payout and are jumping on it.

    And look I'm a big proponent of evidence too, but I can also acknowledge that rape is one of those crimes where evidence is rare. A dude could pull a chick into a room out of sight, brutally rape her, and then claim it was just rough sex. That chick would be traumatized for life by that shit. Should we just throw him in jail because she said he did it? No, but we also shouldn't just ignore her claim because he said he didn't. There should be at least some attempt to get at the truth and initiate due process. That's what's happening with Cosby now, and I think it's the right thing. You and others seem like you believe that we should just ignore all the accusations and let him walk for not other reason than because he's Bill Cosby.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    blackrain(Nope)a.mannAfrica United
  • (Nope)(Nope) Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20
    twenty2 wrote: »
    (Nope) wrote: »
    twenty2 wrote: »

    Anyway... As I already stated... None of these broads speak of this shit in "rape vernacular". They don't recall the details in a manner that screams "I was raped!" I unfortunately know far too many women who have suffered rape.....and NONE of them run the accounts back like these chicks. NOT A ONE! These chicks, again as I said, simply sound like they was fuckin. If anything...they sound like they gave up the pussy...with the thought in mind that they have magical, gold-rimmed snatch...and it would be suffice to pull him away from his wife...........and it DIDN'T....and they been shitty ever since. Because that DOES happen........OFTEN. So they been stewin on the thought all 50-some-odd years like..."I gave up the pussy.....MULTIPLE times....and he STILL with that bitch Camille?!?!?!? Awe hell naw! He got his comin!"

    ""rape vernacular?" I have worked as and still volunteer as a rape-crisis counselor, and there is no specific vernacular. Moreover, running through details often causes retraumatization (in any traumatic experience). What type of weird-sadist-egotist-exhibitionist shit is this where you want alleged victims to relive their experience, so it matches your own? These particular women should go on TV and recount their experience in a way that is consistent with people you know and your current rape schema?

    Fuck is wrong with you?

    Also, what a lot of you goofies fail to recognize is that Cliff Huxtable was a character on television and Bill Cosby is a person. It's not your fault that these personas are non-congruent.

    Whether he did it or didn't do it, they aren't going after Cliff, they are going after Bill.





    #1... The "As I already stated" would serve as a context clue that I had previously spoken on it...

    #2 ... In the post you yourself quoted, "rape vernacular" is in quotation marks....to signify that I know that THAT is not a specific term...but for lack of better wording, I MADE UP a term...cuz I wanted to...

    #3 ... In regards to "rape vernacular"... You tell me Mr. Counselor... How many victims speak of their incidents and sound like they're reading from a romance novel? (Which had been my previous point) I can tell you that I watched several of Cosby's accusers do just that. There was no retraumatization... There were no tears... There were no looks of disgust... Just straight up twinkly eyes and tightly crossed legs like they pussy had started twitchin. It's not about the "way I want them to speak because I'm some sick sadist who wants them to relive their experience".......it's about the typical way that rape victims tend to speak when they ARE "reliving" their experiences. None of which had been exhibited by any of the accusers that I had seen...

    1.) ""As I already stated"" serves as an indication that you've said some smart-dumb shit before.

    2.) I'm aware that you made up a term. You have an affinity for smart-dumb shit (see #1).

    3.) I'll explain this, so you understand it. Everyone's reactions and responses are different. For instance, a lot of people disassociate, so when they speak about the incident they are miles away from themselves. You may be looking at someone and believe that their claim of being victimized is unreal, because it likely also feels surreal to them.

    No one is ever pushed to give details. In fact, until much further down the road, it's frowned upon. A SANE test (completion of a rape kit). is going to be invasive enough, you are there to help victims with that process and then engage them in 12 sessions (depending on your credentials and levels of expertise) in which a counselor is to facilitate a safe environment and a dialogue that allows one to validate their experience, then put the traumatic event in it's rightful place. The goal is to help them develop coping skills and return to a previous level of functioning. It is solution focused therapy. However, most trauma survivors experience what's called "centrality of events " (meaning an experience is central to your being). They may depersonalize when reminded of the event, they might blow up, they might have begun healing and have a need to speak on it, they might be Al Bundy speaking about Polk High Football in 1967, or it could be none of the above.

    I didn't watch these videos that you mentioned and I won't. There is no uniform response. You could say "she's lying" and you could be right, but your reasoning is bullshit, Mr. Armchair psychologist.

    This man Bill Cosby's life is over. These women--victims or non-victims--have had their lives permanently altered. This shit is ugly, but you're digging into it like it's an episode of Law & Order SVU.

    Now, please explain all your "rape experience" in detail to the IC? I want to make sure that you use vernacular associated with someone that has experienced secondary trauma. (You see how that works? Whether or not you're telling the truth, that's some wild shit to ask somebody. And don't explain shit, because you don't have to, but leave the armchair psychology alone.)
    blakfyahking
  • twenty2twenty2 My Ideals May Not Be Ideal But I Deal...Posts: 184 ✭✭
    edited May 20
    1.) ""As I already stated"" serves as an indication that you've said some smart-dumb shit before.

    2.) I'm aware that you made up a term. You have an affinity for smart-dumb shit (see #1).

    3.) I'll explain this, so you understand it. Everyone's reactions and responses are different. For instance, a lot of people disassociate, so when they speak about the incident they are miles away from themselves. You may be looking at someone and believe that their claim of being victimized is unreal, because it likely also feels surreal to them.

    No one is ever pushed to give details. In fact, until much further down the road, it's frowned upon. A SANE test (completion of a rape kit). is going to be invasive enough, you are there to help victims with that process and then engage them in 12 sessions (depending on your credentials and levels of expertise) in which a counselor is to facilitate a safe environment and a dialogue that allows one to validate their experience, then put the traumatic event in it's rightful place. The goal is to help them develop coping skills and return to a previous level of functioning. It is solution focused therapy. However, most trauma survivors experience what's called "centrality of events " (meaning an experience is central to your being). They may depersonalize when reminded of the event, they might blow up, they might have begun healing and have a need to speak on it, they might be Al Bundy speaking about Polk High Football in 1967, or it could be none of the above.

    I didn't watch these videos that you mentioned and I won't. There is no uniform response. You could say "she's lying" and you could be right, but your reasoning is bullshit, Mr. Armchair psychologist.

    This man Bill Cosby's life is over. These women--victims or non-victims--have had their lives permanently altered. This shit is ugly, but you're digging into it like it's an episode of Law & Order SVU.

    Now, please explain all your "rape experience" in detail to the IC? I want to make sure that you use vernacular associated with someone that has experienced secondary trauma. (You see how that works? Whether or not you're telling the truth, that's some wild shit to ask somebody. And don't explain shit, because you don't have to, but leave the armchair psychology alone.)

    Didn't see the vids I've seen but yet wanna critique the conclusion I came to from seeing said vids... But I'm the smart-dumb one...

    Breaking it down like an episode of Law and Order is one thing that I'm not doing... If you bothered to read (which is something you've already admitted to not doing) you would have seen that my first statement was an admittance that I checked out of this shit a long time ago... AFTER seeing previously mentioned vids because something just wasn't addin up wit the shit. You would have also seen me admit to the fact that due to my not paying much attention...maybe I missed some things. But again...YOU didn't read (aka RESEARCH)... But I'm the arm-chair psychologist...

    I'm aware that there's no "uniform response"...or "vernacular"... But you still didn't answer my question. If someone is speaking of such a traumatic event...but in a way that seems a tad bit lustful...would that not seem fishy to you? Have you ever seen that? I know I'm going to have some thoughts about that. That's not called arm-chair psychology...it's called common fuckin sense. At what point do you spot the bullshit? I mean, you've tried to call me on mine because it seems as such to you. Cool... But as you said "This man Bill Cosby's life is over" to which you're probably correct... And shit like this happens all the time. Some woman says she was raped...and some guy's life is ruined. So again, at what point do you spot the bullshit? Hell, there's an entire thread about what should happen to the false accuser of rape... But how is a false accuser ever even determined......IF NO ONE SPOTS THE BULLSHIT???

    I understand that as a counselor...No...you wouldn't just come out right to the client's face and say "You're lying! You're not reliving this like a normal rape victim"......but your suspicions would definitely be reflected in your casenotes... Same way as if you had a client that's an addict that claims to want to get clean...yet things they say or do are indicative that they do not...your suspicions would be documented (or should if you're doing your job correctly)

    For me, this is less about Cosby and more about false accusations. But y'all muthafuckas is so quick to crucify him...or be ok with his crucifixion all because he "talked down on niggas" that y'all willin to ignore, gloss over, or pinch y'all nose at some bullshit that's right under y'all nose......JUST to get him. That sets a dangerous precedent.........and actually not "set", because it's been one that's been perpetuated since we've been here in this country. And y'all willin to let it slide cuz he said pull ya pants up. If he did it...then he's earned whatever punishment he's got comin to him. Still don't mean there shouldn't be a proper vetting process takin place. And if there's bullshit, it needs to be pointed out.
    blakfyahking
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 28,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for anyone talking TV dad shit...

    Kevin Hart is a sambo on screen but employed black folk an worth like $75mil
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 24,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for anyone talking TV dad shit...

    Kevin Hart is a sambo on screen but employed black folk an worth like $75mil

    And if Kevin Hart was a accused of drugging and raping hoes, he would need to be investigated too.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    a.mann
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Posts: 33,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for anyone talking TV dad shit...

    Kevin Hart is a sambo on screen but employed black folk an worth like $75mil

    I wouldn't call him a Sambo but he did play the punk ass friend to many times

    At least he was a smart one in the one with the rock
    (Really though?)
  • (Nope)(Nope) Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21
    twenty2 wrote: »
    1.) ""As I already stated"" serves as an indication that you've said some smart-dumb shit before.

    Didn't see the vids I've seen but yet wanna critique the conclusion I came to from seeing said vids... But I'm the smart-dumb one...

    Breaking it down like an episode of Law and Order is one thing that I'm not doing... If you bothered to read (which is something you've already admitted to not doing) you would have seen that my first statement was an admittance that I checked out of this shit a long time ago... AFTER seeing previously mentioned vids because something just wasn't addin up wit the shit. You would have also seen me admit to the fact that due to my not paying much attention...maybe I missed some things. But again...YOU didn't read (aka RESEARCH)... But I'm the arm-chair psychologist...

    I'm aware that there's no "uniform response"...or "vernacular"... But you still didn't answer my question. If someone is speaking of such a traumatic event...but in a way that seems a tad bit lustful...would that not seem fishy to you? Have you ever seen that? I know I'm going to have some thoughts about that. That's not called arm-chair psychology...it's called common fuckin sense. At what point do you spot the bullshit? I mean, you've tried to call me on mine because it seems as such to you. Cool... But as you said "This man Bill Cosby's life is over" to which you're probably correct... And shit like this happens all the time. Some woman says she was raped...and some guy's life is ruined. So again, at what point do you spot the bullshit? Hell, there's an entire thread about what should happen to the false accuser of rape... But how is a false accuser ever even determined......IF NO ONE SPOTS THE BULLSHIT???

    I understand that as a counselor...No...you wouldn't just come out right to the client's face and say "You're lying! You're not reliving this like a normal rape victim"......but your suspicions would definitely be reflected in your casenotes... Same way as if you had a client that's an addict that claims to want to get clean...yet things they say or do are indicative that they do not...your suspicions would be documented (or should if you're doing your job correctly)

    For me, this is less about Cosby and more about false accusations. But y'all muthafuckas is so quick to crucify him...or be ok with his crucifixion all because he "talked down on niggas" that y'all willin to ignore, gloss over, or pinch y'all nose at some bullshit that's right under y'all nose......JUST to get him. That sets a dangerous precedent.........and actually not "set", because it's been one that's been perpetuated since we've been here in this country. And y'all willin to let it slide cuz he said pull ya pants up. If he did it...then he's earned whatever punishment he's got comin to him. Still don't mean there shouldn't be a proper vetting process takin place. And if there's bullshit, it needs to be pointed out.

    Please quote where I said, I didn't read (seriously, I'll apologize for that).

    To the point you made about victims "looking lustful" it happens man. It's usually accompanied by shame.

    I came at you sideways, and I apologize for that. When you say "vetting process," "calling out bullshit"," I agree. Until we have facts, until Cosby has been tried (and the proceedings are documented), these women shouldn't even be on TV. There is too much up for interpretation. Tell us that he's been accused, how many times, and leave it at that. The media is creating victims with the extra shit (Both Cosby and these women). Even if he did everything that he is accused of, none of what we've seen in the media is constructive. It's not elevating our collective conscious. It's just exploitative.

    As far as case-notes go, the language would be clinical, and in the form of observations. Any "I" statements are left out unless documenting your specific actions. Also, rape-crisis counseling focuses on validation and advocacy. If I believed that someone was lying--and that's a slippery slope--I would make that assertion with my clinical supervisor. To this end, I could only present facts that might reveal a discrepancy. Moreover, the clinical observation that I would make would have to be backed by established literature, (likely the DSM). For instance, someone might be schizophrenic and experiencing confabulation (I've seen this). Or maybe a client is a borderline or antisocial personality and the lie is an expression of their pathology, but It's difficult to call something like that in 12 sessions. Rape counselors aren't really psycho-forensic investigators. In this case, I would assume that a professional would have to be appointed by the court to form an unbiased and official opinion. There would be a whole lot to consider, and a whole lot of red-tape. However, if these incidents of assault were previously reported to a mental health professional, and the documentation was available, we wouldn't see it until the case was over.

    Conversely, there was a trend of mental health professionals (in the 80's and 90's) that were telling clients they had been raped as children, because it was an easy way to explain repressed feelings that presented as trauma. Which is just as dangerous and irresponsible as saying "you're lying."

    Victims lying about rape, isn't really common-place, but neither is putting rape victims on TV. Media makes all this shit extra salacious and maybe even appealing to someone who is unhealthy enough to make a false accusation.

    I think the question on this board is whether or not what Bill has admitted to doing is sexual assault, and because consent can't be inferred, by definition what he did would be considered sexual assault. But, we should also consider that-that definition has changed with time. That people do infer consent. Factor in historical and current social antecedents and the shit becomes even more complex. It's not really a he said-she said, but each side is pushing their polemic. Whether he did it or whether they're lying, can't be accurately assumed by what we've seen in the media or based on instincts. This shit is really a travesty.



    twenty2
  • mc317mc317 Deranged Meat the landPosts: 5,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cold Sardines Cold Sardines fuck em and feed em Cold Sardines
    a.mann
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dead @ Netflix and pill
    TrillfateBender Rodriguezmiamivice305
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 28,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for anyone talking TV dad shit...

    Kevin Hart is a sambo on screen but employed black folk an worth like $75mil

    And if Kevin Hart was a accused of drugging and raping hoes, he would need to be investigated too.

    you totally missed the point
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


    BOSSExcellence
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 28,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    for anyone talking TV dad shit...

    Kevin Hart is a sambo on screen but employed black folk an worth like $75mil

    I wouldn't call him a Sambo but he did play the punk ass friend to many times

    At least he was a smart one in the one with the rock

    yes, sambo is a bit strong.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 28,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Nope) wrote: »
    twenty2 wrote: »
    1.) ""As I already stated"" serves as an indication that you've said some smart-dumb shit before.

    Didn't see the vids I've seen but yet wanna critique the conclusion I came to from seeing said vids... But I'm the smart-dumb one...

    Breaking it down like an episode of Law and Order is one thing that I'm not doing... If you bothered to read (which is something you've already admitted to not doing) you would have seen that my first statement was an admittance that I checked out of this shit a long time ago... AFTER seeing previously mentioned vids because something just wasn't addin up wit the shit. You would have also seen me admit to the fact that due to my not paying much attention...maybe I missed some things. But again...YOU didn't read (aka RESEARCH)... But I'm the arm-chair psychologist...

    I'm aware that there's no "uniform response"...or "vernacular"... But you still didn't answer my question. If someone is speaking of such a traumatic event...but in a way that seems a tad bit lustful...would that not seem fishy to you? Have you ever seen that? I know I'm going to have some thoughts about that. That's not called arm-chair psychology...it's called common fuckin sense. At what point do you spot the bullshit? I mean, you've tried to call me on mine because it seems as such to you. Cool... But as you said "This man Bill Cosby's life is over" to which you're probably correct... And shit like this happens all the time. Some woman says she was raped...and some guy's life is ruined. So again, at what point do you spot the bullshit? Hell, there's an entire thread about what should happen to the false accuser of rape... But how is a false accuser ever even determined......IF NO ONE SPOTS THE BULLSHIT???

    I understand that as a counselor...No...you wouldn't just come out right to the client's face and say "You're lying! You're not reliving this like a normal rape victim"......but your suspicions would definitely be reflected in your casenotes... Same way as if you had a client that's an addict that claims to want to get clean...yet things they say or do are indicative that they do not...your suspicions would be documented (or should if you're doing your job correctly)

    For me, this is less about Cosby and more about false accusations. But y'all muthafuckas is so quick to crucify him...or be ok with his crucifixion all because he "talked down on niggas" that y'all willin to ignore, gloss over, or pinch y'all nose at some bullshit that's right under y'all nose......JUST to get him. That sets a dangerous precedent.........and actually not "set", because it's been one that's been perpetuated since we've been here in this country. And y'all willin to let it slide cuz he said pull ya pants up. If he did it...then he's earned whatever punishment he's got comin to him. Still don't mean there shouldn't be a proper vetting process takin place. And if there's bullshit, it needs to be pointed out.

    Please quote where I said, I didn't read (seriously, I'll apologize for that).

    To the point you made about victims "looking lustful" it happens man. It's usually accompanied by shame.

    I came at you sideways, and I apologize for that. When you say "vetting process," "calling out bullshit"," I agree. Until we have facts, until Cosby has been tried (and the proceedings are documented), these women shouldn't even be on TV. There is too much up for interpretation. Tell us that he's been accused, how many times, and leave it at that. The media is creating victims with the extra shit (Both Cosby and these women). Even if he did everything that he is accused of, none of what we've seen in the media is constructive. It's not elevating our collective conscious. It's just exploitative.

    As far as case-notes go, the language would be clinical, and in the form of observations. Any "I" statements are left out unless documenting your specific actions. Also, rape-crisis counseling focuses on validation and advocacy. If I believed that someone was lying--and that's a slippery slope--I would make that assertion with my clinical supervisor. To this end, I could only present facts that might reveal a discrepancy. Moreover, the clinical observation that I would make would have to be backed by established literature, (likely the DSM). For instance, someone might be schizophrenic and experiencing confabulation (I've seen this). Or maybe a client is a borderline or antisocial personality and the lie is an expression of their pathology, but It's difficult to call something like that in 12 sessions. Rape counselors aren't really psycho-forensic investigators. In this case, I would assume that a professional would have to be appointed by the court to form an unbiased and official opinion. There would be a whole lot to consider, and a whole lot of red-tape. However, if these incidents of assault were previously reported to a mental health professional, and the documentation was available, we wouldn't see it until the case was over.

    Conversely, there was a trend of mental health professionals (in the 80's and 90's) that were telling clients they had been raped as children, because it was an easy way to explain repressed feelings that presented as trauma. Which is just as dangerous and irresponsible as saying "you're lying."

    Victims lying about rape, isn't really common-place, but neither is putting rape victims on TV. Media makes all this shit extra salacious and maybe even appealing to someone who is unhealthy enough to make a false accusation.

    I think the question on this board is whether or not what Bill has admitted to doing is sexual assault, and because consent can't be inferred, by definition what he did would be considered sexual assault. But, we should also consider that-that definition has changed with time. That people do infer consent. Factor in historical and current social antecedents and the shit becomes even more complex. It's not really a he said-she said, but each side is pushing their polemic. Whether he did it or whether they're lying, can't be accurately assumed by what we've seen in the media or based on instincts. This shit is really a travesty.



    you been on your smart shit lately...

    bring that shit next time we fight
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


    Shizlanskytwenty2
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 24,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for anyone talking TV dad shit...

    Kevin Hart is a sambo on screen but employed black folk an worth like $75mil

    And if Kevin Hart was a accused of drugging and raping hoes, he would need to be investigated too.

    you totally missed the point

    lol Nah, just sidestepped it.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    BOSSExcellence
  • TrillaaaaaaTrillaaaaaa Robbed a thick bitch for 30 bands, now she back strippin/ Threw 5 back at her just for not snitchin Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall niggas love rapists...fuck pill cosby
    BOSSExcellencea.mann
  • twenty2twenty2 My Ideals May Not Be Ideal But I Deal...Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Please quote where I said, I didn't read (seriously, I'll apologize for that).

    To the point you made about victims "looking lustful" it happens man. It's usually accompanied by shame.

    I came at you sideways, and I apologize for that. When you say "vetting process," "calling out bullshit"," I agree. Until we have facts, until Cosby has been tried (and the proceedings are documented), these women shouldn't even be on TV. There is too much up for interpretation. Tell us that he's been accused, how many times, and leave it at that. The media is creating victims with the extra shit (Both Cosby and these women). Even if he did everything that he is accused of, none of what we've seen in the media is constructive. It's not elevating our collective conscious. It's just exploitative.

    As far as case-notes go, the language would be clinical, and in the form of observations. Any "I" statements are left out unless documenting your specific actions. Also, rape-crisis counseling focuses on validation and advocacy. If I believed that someone was lying--and that's a slippery slope--I would make that assertion with my clinical supervisor. To this end, I could only present facts that might reveal a discrepancy. Moreover, the clinical observation that I would make would have to be backed by established literature, (likely the DSM). For instance, someone might be schizophrenic and experiencing confabulation (I've seen this). Or maybe a client is a borderline or antisocial personality and the lie is an expression of their pathology, but It's difficult to call something like that in 12 sessions. Rape counselors aren't really psycho-forensic investigators. In this case, I would assume that a professional would have to be appointed by the court to form an unbiased and official opinion. There would be a whole lot to consider, and a whole lot of red-tape. However, if these incidents of assault were previously reported to a mental health professional, and the documentation was available, we wouldn't see it until the case was over.

    Conversely, there was a trend of mental health professionals (in the 80's and 90's) that were telling clients they had been raped as children, because it was an easy way to explain repressed feelings that presented as trauma. Which is just as dangerous and irresponsible as saying "you're lying."

    Victims lying about rape, isn't really common-place, but neither is putting rape victims on TV. Media makes all this shit extra salacious and maybe even appealing to someone who is unhealthy enough to make a false accusation.

    I think the question on this board is whether or not what Bill has admitted to doing is sexual assault, and because consent can't be inferred, by definition what he did would be considered sexual assault. But, we should also consider that-that definition has changed with time. That people do infer consent. Factor in historical and current social antecedents and the shit becomes even more complex. It's not really a he said-she said, but each side is pushing their polemic. Whether he did it or whether they're lying, can't be accurately assumed by what we've seen in the media or based on instincts. This shit is really a travesty.



    Now that's a response I can "Goat"! I was startin to think you was just arguin and throwin jabs just for the sake of arguin and throwin jabs. LOL!

    Real shit tho... I can tell you know your shit and I respect that. I'm workin my way into the helpin profession and you can probably learn me a thing or two and I'm always up for learnin new info and perspectives.

    What I realized is, we were kinda debatin different ends of the spectrum. You, moreso the front end...speaking in regards to victims fresh out of the trauma (and correct me if I'm wrong)...and me more toward the back end, in regards to prosecuting a man who may or may not be innocent. I get what you was sayin... Ain't no way in hell I would sit there and flat-out tell a victim they were lying. I know there's a protocol to be followed, beginning with, as you said, speaking with the supervisor along with documenting it in the casenotes in a proper and professional manner. I know my thinking may be a bit unorthadox at times, but if I had a woman in front of me claiming rape and something wasn't sittin right about it and an innocent man's life/freedom was on the line, I would feel compelled to say something because MY brain would file that under "Duty to warn" because while said victim may not be of potential physical harm to themself or the other...JAIL is definitely harmful and detrimental, ESPECIALLY to an innocent muhfucka. And I would feel like shit knowing I could have possibly stopped it or at least gotten the proper investigation under way.

    Do I think Bill raped these broads? Fuck if I know... The women they had been presenting when I was payin attention just seemed odd. But who the fuck am I and what can I do? In regards to this...Nobody and shit...hence my check out. Bill probably fucked a loooot of women...shit...he was rich, famous, black, and had a great image...all which worked to his benefit (those same characteristics work to a lot of niggas benefits to THIS day)...but "rape"...Ion't know... But a lot of cats act like they wanna see him go down because they didn't like his earlier message...because now "he's a hypocrite"...YET had he still been squeaky clean Bill they still would've rejected the message because "he don't know our struggle"...but that's another topic for another time...
    (Nope)
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 22,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vqllc3.jpg

    eitedl.jpg

    156s7y0.jpg

    2zojh39.jpg

    “Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
    a.mannPILL_COSBY
  • (Nope)(Nope) Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twenty2 wrote: »
    Please quote where I said, I didn't read (seriously, I'll apologize for that).

    To the point you made about victims "looking lustful" it happens man. It's usually accompanied by shame.

    I came at you sideways, and I apologize for that. When you say "vetting process," "calling out bullshit"," I agree. Until we have facts, until Cosby has been tried (and the proceedings are documented), these women shouldn't even be on TV. There is too much up for interpretation. Tell us that he's been accused, how many times, and leave it at that. The media is creating victims with the extra shit (Both Cosby and these women). Even if he did everything that he is accused of, none of what we've seen in the media is constructive. It's not elevating our collective conscious. It's just exploitative.

    As far as case-notes go, the language would be clinical, and in the form of observations. Any "I" statements are left out unless documenting your specific actions. Also, rape-crisis counseling focuses on validation and advocacy. If I believed that someone was lying--and that's a slippery slope--I would make that assertion with my clinical supervisor. To this end, I could only present facts that might reveal a discrepancy. Moreover, the clinical observation that I would make would have to be backed by established literature, (likely the DSM). For instance, someone might be schizophrenic and experiencing confabulation (I've seen this). Or maybe a client is a borderline or antisocial personality and the lie is an expression of their pathology, but It's difficult to call something like that in 12 sessions. Rape counselors aren't really psycho-forensic investigators. In this case, I would assume that a professional would have to be appointed by the court to form an unbiased and official opinion. There would be a whole lot to consider, and a whole lot of red-tape. However, if these incidents of assault were previously reported to a mental health professional, and the documentation was available, we wouldn't see it until the case was over.

    Conversely, there was a trend of mental health professionals (in the 80's and 90's) that were telling clients they had been raped as children, because it was an easy way to explain repressed feelings that presented as trauma. Which is just as dangerous and irresponsible as saying "you're lying."

    Victims lying about rape, isn't really common-place, but neither is putting rape victims on TV. Media makes all this shit extra salacious and maybe even appealing to someone who is unhealthy enough to make a false accusation.

    I think the question on this board is whether or not what Bill has admitted to doing is sexual assault, and because consent can't be inferred, by definition what he did would be considered sexual assault. But, we should also consider that-that definition has changed with time. That people do infer consent. Factor in historical and current social antecedents and the shit becomes even more complex. It's not really a he said-she said, but each side is pushing their polemic. Whether he did it or whether they're lying, can't be accurately assumed by what we've seen in the media or based on instincts. This shit is really a travesty.



    Now that's a response I can "Goat"! I was startin to think you was just arguin and throwin jabs just for the sake of arguin and throwin jabs. LOL!

    Real shit tho... I can tell you know your shit and I respect that. I'm workin my way into the helpin profession and you can probably learn me a thing or two and I'm always up for learnin new info and perspectives.

    What I realized is, we were kinda debatin different ends of the spectrum. You, moreso the front end...speaking in regards to victims fresh out of the trauma (and correct me if I'm wrong)...and me more toward the back end, in regards to prosecuting a man who may or may not be innocent. I get what you was sayin... Ain't no way in hell I would sit there and flat-out tell a victim they were lying. I know there's a protocol to be followed, beginning with, as you said, speaking with the supervisor along with documenting it in the casenotes in a proper and professional manner. I know my thinking may be a bit unorthadox at times, but if I had a woman in front of me claiming rape and something wasn't sittin right about it and an innocent man's life/freedom was on the line, I would feel compelled to say something because MY brain would file that under "Duty to warn" because while said victim may not be of potential physical harm to themself or the other...JAIL is definitely harmful and detrimental, ESPECIALLY to an innocent muhfucka. And I would feel like shit knowing I could have possibly stopped it or at least gotten the proper investigation under way.

    Do I think Bill raped these broads? Fuck if I know... The women they had been presenting when I was payin attention just seemed odd. But who the fuck am I and what can I do? In regards to this...Nobody and shit...hence my check out. Bill probably fucked a loooot of women...shit...he was rich, famous, black, and had a great image...all which worked to his benefit (those same characteristics work to a lot of niggas benefits to THIS day)...but "rape"...Ion't know... But a lot of cats act like they wanna see him go down because they didn't like his earlier message...because now "he's a hypocrite"...YET had he still been squeaky clean Bill they still would've rejected the message because "he don't know our struggle"...but that's another topic for another time...

    Props for getting into a helping profession! How far along are you? What do you want to do (what's your end goal)?

    I can dig what you're saying and I think your ability to consider different perspectives will serve you well. What I perceived as skepticism and you being glib, I now perceive as empathy and can see that you're passionate about this. Empathy is always a strength. I shouldn't have been condescending to you and I was. My apologies.

    "Duty to Warn" is extremely limited (Imminent threat to self or others, and suspected abuse of protected populations: children, disabled, or elderly persons). What's happening to Cosby--if he's innocent--would be considered abuse of the elderly, but until we know that if would be difficult to file that paperwork. Also, filing that paperwork is a motherfucker. You'll find that out. Those moments are incredibly difficult and some shit you just can't 'unhear.' (Those moments should be difficult, if you're just out here filing all the time with no feelings, then you're wilding lol.)

    Again, seeing things from both sides is always a strength. You're going to run into professionals that still don't do that. They have agendas and they are fucking their clients up with bad boundaries. If or when you do this, you're going to serve people that you might just dislike, but you still have to bracket your values and meet them where they're at. I think the most important thing that I learned about myself in filing for the first time (as I filed against the abuser) is that everybody is worthy of help. Client's success or failure and strength or deficits are not a product of me.

    As an aside, to me Carl Rogers provides the foundation for effective counseling. If you begin from a person-centered approach (congruity, unconditional positive regard, and empathy) you can go onto addressing behavior where it's needed and use all the critical thinking and inherent skills that you have. Just gotta' keep in mind, it's about them and not you. You might be great at assessments, you might write an amazing treatment plan, but client's gonna' client and you have to let them. They will teach you patience and boundaries. Also, managed care organizations (MCOs) make this shit difficult. You have to get creative in fighting for treatment for clients and it's going to piss you off.

    twenty2
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Top Gang Thug Trying To Lower The Body Count Posts: 36,130 Regulator

    Probably a cracka or coon came up with this idea.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
  • TrillaaaaaaTrillaaaaaa Robbed a thick bitch for 30 bands, now she back strippin/ Threw 5 back at her just for not snitchin Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »

    Probably a cracka or coon came up with this idea.

    Do you even realize what youre typing?

    Cosby a coon his gotdamn self
    stringer bellBOSSExcellencePILL_COSBYa.mannjono
Sign In or Register to comment.