What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

White Men Can't Jump vs. Above the Rim

the ghostthe ghost CraftsmanThe OthersidePosts: 4,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 16 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Better Movie?

WMCJ_zpsh5te3mab.jpg

Above_the_rim_zpsq5aikldk.jpg

White Men Can't Jump vs. Above the Rim 37 votes

WMCJ
64%
eyes lowdontdiedontkillanyonsapp08_2001damnkpmike06the ghostmetal face terroristCJblue_londonillestni99ainnePanchoYoSanchoCapitalBlamontbdcCeLLaR-DooRnujerz84Rampage12its....JOHN BElzo69RenaissanceatribecalledgabiBreezy_Kilroy 24 votes
Above the Rim
35%
lion_heartfocusspit_fiyaBDBIIDTrollio silverfoxxKamPushMeStomp Johnsonsmp4lifeMD_PROPER Louis Devinearkingtob330SELASI_i 13 votes

Replies

• HafBaykedHafBayked Posts: 16,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WMCJ
    White Men Cant Jump is the GOAT basketball movie period.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WMCJ
    117358-L-LO.jpg

they got a sequel to this shit
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WMCJ
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    not really close at all to me.

• Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 45,152 Regulator
    2 different types of movies

One is a buddy comedy about 2 men who become good friends though hustling each other on the courts

The other is a promising athlete trying to escape the streets while witnessing first hand the effects it has.

It's like comparing Doggystyle to Illmatic. Too different to compare
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    TheGOATfreshb651illestni99ainnePanchoYoSanchoMR.CJ
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 20,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Ill compare lion king vs Goodfellas if u make the thread. It aint that hard.

Lion king
    TheGOATdontdiedontkillanyonatribecalledgabiBIGG WILLBreezy_Kilroy
  • CapitalBCapitalB all these dollars.. no sense. Posts: 24,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WMCJ
    R.D. wrote: »
    Ill compare lion king vs Goodfellas if u make the thread. It aint that hard.

Lion king

yeh..
    Im fuckin wit Mufasa on this one. lol
    TOO REAL for IC
    #TEAMDRAGONSnSHIT
    #TargGangyabish
    R.D.atribecalledgabi
  • SELASI_iSELASI_i DARK VEDA KCPosts: 2,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Above the Rim
    ATR u smokin dix if you think WMCJ is better. I mean the gritty feel of above the rim, the quotables, the mystery of tommy Shepard I mean dann. Plus the homie wood Harris. Y'all tripping cuhz
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Above the Rim
    Ol non basketball playing ass wesley snipes
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
    SELASI_iCapitalB
    Above the Rim
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    ATR u smokin dix if you think WMCJ is better. I mean the gritty feel of above the rim, the quotables, the mystery of tommy Shepard I mean dann. Plus the homie wood Harris. Y'all tripping cuhz

Sydney Dean got more quotables than the entire Above The Rim movie

Hollywoood niiiiiiigaaaahhhhhh!
    freshb651
  • RawAceRawAce Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Idk man Above the Rim had the better bball sequences and better soundtrack...but WMCJ was jokes all the way thru plus niggas gotta explain to me how Nutso smacked the backboard and fell down that same alley as Bishop

The better question is who the fuck puts a basketball rim in front of a ledge in the first place, I know mad balls done fell over the side of that shit

Exactly
    I could never get past that .
    WOAT place to put a goal
    ghostdog56
  • Revolver OcelotRevolver Ocelot Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

You kidding, right? WMCJ had quotables for days. Plus a young nigga learned how to talk shit on the court cuz of that movie.

Above the Rim still a classic tho.

tumblr_obni9ewfq01ui45hlo1_400.gif
    edited May 17
    Above the Rim

You kidding, right? WMCJ had quotables for days. Plus a young nigga learned how to talk shit on the court cuz of that movie.

Above the Rim still a classic tho.

"U gotta be soldiers not clowns!!! You see that? I'm a soldier! I don't give a dann about you or this nigga in the back... I will bury the both of you muthafuckas.. Now drive nigga! " - that's the kind of timeless shit I'm talking about chief
    Maywood