Preacher - Season 2 (AMC)

2»

Replies

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 49,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New episode yesterday? I passed out super early last night
    iron man1Meester
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 49,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peeped episode 4. What a cliffhanger. This season is way better than season one imo and I was a big fan of season one.

I was wondering where the hell the saint was. Jesse used the voice in episode 3 knowing damn well saint could follow it. He must literally just walk in the direction he senses the voice and not able to teleport or something haha.

I think hell Is going to make arse face a badass. Then he will come back wanting revenge on preacher for sending him there. Will come back with his rocker swag.
    Saint at the end of most recent episode was cool I thought we were gonna see the little girl get murked.

Good episode, cool to get some background on jesse and tulips past.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This season is better than season 1. The last two eps have centered a lot on team trust and all that.

The only problem I have is the super vagueness of this quest. "We're going to find God" has me like "Ok."

@SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    Lou_CypherJusDre313(Nope)
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • pissedoffnobodypissedoffnobody Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    This season is better than season 1. The last two eps have centered a lot on team trust and all that.

The only problem I have is the super vagueness of this quest. "We're going to find God" has me like "Ok."

That's one of my issues. In the comics it's because Jesse doesn't actually believe in God until Genesis comes along, then he is fucking furious that 1) he exists 2) he let's all this bullshit in the world happen 3) he's walked out on the job he gave himself without any explanation except possibly being afraid of Genesis' potential. So it's a quest for them to finally ask God "Why?" and maybe get an actual answer.

In the show it just seems like something to do because Jesse seems to be a sociopath who doesn't care his town got blown up and innocents died, doesn't give a shit when the SOK guns down innocents trying to get to him and is happy to kill anyone who gets in his way, lash out at any available body if he's angry... it's not the core of the character most grew to like who is a tough man with ideals of being a hero . He's just a sociopathic asshole with a whore with a heart of gold who is also McGyver at times, knocking about with a lying vampire who uses people... which is why Gilgun is probably the highlight of the show, he's closest to the actual character for me.
    iron man1
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 62,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad we got a backstory on the Saint.
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
    edited 4:52AM
    Glad we got a backstory on the Saint.

We got his backstory in the first fucking season when he was in Hell reliving his worst memories before the angels came. Did you miss those episodes?
  • KairoKairo Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭

That's one of my issues. In the comics it's because Jesse doesn't actually believe in God until Genesis comes along, then he is fucking furious that 1) he exists 2) he let's all this bullshit in the world happen 3) he's walked out on the job he gave himself without any explanation except possibly being afraid of Genesis' potential. So it's a quest for them to finally ask God "Why?" and maybe get an actual answer.

In the show it just seems like something to do because Jesse seems to be a sociopath who doesn't care his town got blown up and innocents died, doesn't give a shit when the SOK guns down innocents trying to get to him and is happy to kill anyone who gets in his way, lash out at any available body if he's angry... it's not the core of the character most grew to like who is a tough man with ideals of being a hero . He's just a sociopathic asshole with a whore with a heart of gold who is also McGyver at times, knocking about with a lying vampire who uses people... which is why Gilgun is probably the highlight of the show, he's closest to the actual character for me.

Seen you on r/television bashing the show lmao. Been waiting to see it on here.
    edited 5:53AM
    Kairo wrote: »

Great, now I've got a stalker.

But seriously, they are obviously fans of the series and I get having to update certain things but they have nailed the off the wall brutal tone and caustic humour at times perfectly but they're making some choices that are just making the show too soap opera like and removed from the source material for the sake of it. The whole Asian soul stealing company... and Jesser giving part of his soul away... it's just gilding the lily for me. Why try make something more than it is when what it was in a previous form was worthy enough to get considered to be adapted at all? It's like making a neon sign of the Mona Lisa.
    Kairo
  • KairoKairo Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭
    Kairo wrote: »

Great, now I've got a stalker.

But seriously, they are obviously fans of the series and I get having to update certain things but they have nailed the off the wall brutal tone and caustic humour at times perfectly but they're making some choices that are just making the show too soap opera like and removed from the source material for the sake of it. The whole Asian soul stealing company... and Jesser giving part of his soul away... it's just gilding the lily for me. Why try make something more than it is when what it was in a previous form was worthy enough to get considered to be adapted at all? It's like making a neon sign of the Mona Lisa.

Hey man I never read the source material so your posts actually made me more interested in it. I like the show but I'll never trash the opinion that any adapted material misses the mark if someone thinks that.

Not a stalker bruv, Reddit and the IC are my only social media. We just frequent the same parts of the internet.
2»