Netflix presents.......... Castlevania

Replies

• black caesarblack caesar Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    Any other older head annoyed by the way he blew on the cartridge? That's not how it was done back then. You had to put that shit as close to your lips as possible for any real effect.

Oh and did I see Alucard in there?

Yeah man. It took years before a cleaning kit came out for the NES
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only liked episodes 1 and 4. Hopefully they do better with an expanded season. At least 8 fucking episodes
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Cain
  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea this shyt was short af and not much happened. The archbishop's death was semi satisfying tho
    Just finished watching. Man that was short.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
  • SuperManuelSuperManuel I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 17,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9
    this was one of the dopest anime movies I've ever watched. all four episodes should've been one movie. there was so much gore .that fight between trevor and alucard at the end :# . they gotta do a series on simon preferably based on draculas curse. I think all video game based movies would work well on an anime format instead of live action. every live action game movie for example the resident evil series, double dragon, prince of Persia, final fantasy,assasins creed. imagine the legend of Zelda as an anime. that pirate dude is gonna show up in the next season. the next season will have 14 episodes for those of you who are complaining.
    Inglewood_B
  • BroddieBroddie gozando y bailando vivo yo NYCPosts: 9,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Sypha the sorceress from Trevor's game in this?
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Broddie

What do you know about Castlevania 3 youngblood?
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Just don't understand why give us 4 episodes. At the least gives us a season worth of material

Maybe they wanted to see what the response would be. Or it didnt have that much money behind it. Or both. I can see this debut being too high risk to higher ups.

But now they know. Konami still got the rights to this? With Metal Gear In the shitter, there might be another game as well.
    CottonCitySlim

My brotha I got that game when it first came out and still have the cartridge to this very day.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    black caesar
    I watched the first 2 episodes. The music situation is bogus. You got a series based on one of the game franchises with some of the most iconic and amazing music ever and you decide to use some generic tunes instead?
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    kzzl wrote: »
    Just don't understand why give us 4 episodes. At the least gives us a season worth of material

Maybe they wanted to see what the response would be. Or it didnt have that much money behind it. Or both. I can see this debut being too high risk to higher ups.

But now they know. Konami still got the rights to this? With Metal Gear In the shitter, there might be another game as well.

Of course they have the rights. They've outright owned it since the very beginning. A shame they've just been wasting the Castlevania name on pachinko machines as of late.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kzzl wrote: »

Of course they have the rights. They've outright owned it since the very beginning. A shame they've just been wasting the Castlevania name on pachinko machines as of late.

Then i wouldnt be surprised if they do a game based on the show, probably a..... revamp..... get it?

But im only saying that cause i dont know how this ties into Lords Of Shadow, if at all. Be cool if it did. Gotta finish watching this some more. Show has that Berserk horror to it, im digging it so far.
    Lord of Shadows was just a revamp. A new timeline. This show is more like the original games.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Black_Samsoniron man1
  • KairoKairo Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    this was one of the dopest anime movies I've ever watched. all four episodes should've been one movie. there was so much gore .that fight between trevor and alucard at the end :# . they gotta do a series on simon preferably based on draculas curse. I think all video game based movies would work well on an anime format instead of live action. every live action game movie for example the resident evil series, double dragon, prince of Persia, final fantasy,assasins creed. imagine the legend of Zelda as an anime. that pirate dude is gonna show up in the next season. the next season will have 14 episodes for those of you who are complaining.

Live action, where???
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Posts: 29,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 64 game was scary as hell. Not into cartoons but I will watch.
    Times are tough, but they ain't got nothin' on me.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 61,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super Castlevania on SNES was GOAT, especially the music.
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
    Broddieblack caesarCainaneed123
  • ghost!ghost! To possess, haunt and conquer. lurking in the shadows....Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched over the weekend, good shit!

Can't wait 4 season 2...

Recognized some of the voice actors from HBO's spawn cartoon...

25f6lxt.gif

3o72F21TwIFc21bxmM.gif

16kcetz.gif

My brotha I got that game when it first came out and still have the cartridge to this very day.

Me too. Respect. I'm mad Grant wasn't in this though. He was my favorite character in the game.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    Thank God it's not live action. I was worried there for a minute.

There is a live version of Castlevania. It's on youtube.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    Thank God it's not live action. I was worried there for a minute.

There is a live version of Castlevania. It's on youtube.

Yeah but I mean something official not fan made. There is a fan film for everything.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not that familiar with the lore, but i was thoroughly entertained

cant wait for the second installment of episodes
    Super Castlevania on SNES was GOAT, especially the music.

Super Castlevania IV and Symphony of the Night both had some of the greatest music ever. Video game or otherwise.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi Posts: 11,980 Regulator
    Watching the first episode now. I never played the games so I went in this blind. It's dope so far
    Inglewood_BAP21iron man1