Netflix presents.......... Castlevania

Replies

• Inglewood_BInglewood_B Summertime; still got on Bearfurz and Skully Nawf; Dat WayPosts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11
    Watching the first episode now. I never played the games so I went in this blind. It's dope so far

Same thing. Always knew it existed and what it's about but never picked up a single one of them games for whatever reason

This shit fire tho.

Edit: was gonna say they should do a Devil May Cry anime but a quick google search showed me they did already.

Anybody seen that yet?
    9KlgoZ5.jpg
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11
    Cain wrote: »
    I'm still pissed that it's 4 episodes a nigga was hyped

I seen yall talking bout it, but i didnt know it was four half hour joints. Shit had me floored, i figured it was at least four 60 minute episodes. This shit looks like a movie script that got rewrote, had to be.
    Cain
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven I don't knowPosts: 17,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching the first episode now. I never played the games so I went in this blind. It's dope so far

The games never had a coherent story. Just a back story since they were in the 2D age.

Same thing. Always knew it existed and what it's about but never picked up a single one of them games for whatever reason

This shit fire tho.

Edit: was gonna say they should do a Devil May Cry anime but a quick google search showed me they did already.

Anybody seen that yet?
    That shit was garbage but God of War needs one. The action scenes would be fire.
    Inglewood_B
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 42,674 Regulator
    What the hell is castlevania?
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
  • $ineedmoney$$ineedmoney$ The bushes is watchin'... Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Castlevania 1 on Nintendo is still hard as shyt to play to this day... :s
    Recaptimus_Prime360
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12
    Never played a Castlevania game in my life, but this was bloody impressive. It seems like going the animated route was a good choice.
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sidebar...did anybody play the castlevania lord of shadows game that came out a couple years ago

its going for cheap during this summer PC game sale and im thinking about taking a flier out on it
    Black_Samson
  • BroddieBroddie gozando y bailando vivo yo NYCPosts: 9,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »
    sidebar...did anybody play the castlevania lord of shadows game that came out a couple years ago

its going for cheap during this summer PC game sale and im thinking about taking a flier out on it

It was pretty well received but I never played it myself. Some posters on The Arcade here on the IC did though. They could probably be more helpful. The sequel however was pretty much panned across the board.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Black_Samson
  • black caesarblack caesar Posts: 11,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

This shit fire tho.

Anybody seen that yet?

Yeah the Devil May Cry anime was ok. I liked the games better.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    Mister B. wrote: »
    What the hell is castlevania?

Infidel!

giphy.gif

200.gif#51-grid2

200.gif#75-grid2

giphy.gif

The last pic isn't Castlevania. That's a game called "Slain".
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    Black_Samson
    kzzl wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    kzzl wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    Just don't understand why give us 4 episodes. At the least gives us a season worth of material

Maybe they wanted to see what the response would be. Or it didnt have that much money behind it. Or both. I can see this debut being too high risk to higher ups.

But now they know. Konami still got the rights to this? With Metal Gear In the shitter, there might be another game as well.

Of course they have the rights. They've outright owned it since the very beginning. A shame they've just been wasting the Castlevania name on pachinko machines as of late.

Then i wouldnt be surprised if they do a game based on the show, probably a..... revamp..... get it?

But im only saying that cause i dont know how this ties into Lords Of Shadow, if at all. Be cool if it did. Gotta finish watching this some more. Show has that Berserk horror to it, im digging it so far.

It doesn't tie into Lords Of Shadow. Lords of Shadow is a reboot to Castlevania and is in a completely different timeline.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    No disrespect to Trevor...niggas ain't got no love for da gawd Simon Belmont???

Trevor and Richter Belmont over Simon. Simon is cool though.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
  • sdotcarter111sdotcarter111 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucard vs Belmont was GOAT...

Alucard coulda told him from jump he was trying to get at his pops too, but the nigga kept his words cryptic as fuck cause he wanted to scrap for his own entertainment...

trilla

I still haven't beat it to this day, and I was playing it in 88. The Grim Reaper is a pain in the ass.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    Recaptimus_Prime360
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 62,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No disrespect to Trevor...niggas ain't got no love for da gawd Simon Belmont???

Trevor and Richter Belmont over Simon. Simon is cool though.

BLASPHEME!!!

There would be no Trevor or Richter...w/o the ORIGNAL Belmont. Show some respect.
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 62,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still haven't beat it to this day, and I was playing it in 88. The Grim Reaper is a pain in the ass.

NIGGA!!

I'm glad I'm not the only who's has this issue
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn good show. Shouldn't only be 4 episodes.
    This was so dumb. 4 half an hour episodes. It started gaining momentum then it just ended. I could really get into this show.
    Cainlord nemesis
  • major painmajor pain Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2nd season will be 8 episodes.

That's all that is planned so far.
    tumblr_m8chdyWiKa1qc4cp9o1_500.gif
    Inglewood_B
  • HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

I played it on ps3 back when they released it - so I dont know how well the graphics aged - but combat gameplay wise shit wasnt that much different than god of war 3...I rate Lord's of shadow higher though...game had an amazing story.

I played it on ps3 back when they released it - so I dont know how well the graphics aged - but combat gameplay wise shit wasnt that much different than god of war 3...I rate Lord's of shadow higher though...game had an amazing story.
    No where near GOW3. It felt more like a clone. Not bad, but nothing memorable. Symphony of The Night destroys it as a Castlevania game.