What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Snowfall

Replies

• black caesarblack caesar Posts: 11,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6
    Broddie wrote: »
    1 3rd of the episode with the most boring character from the most boring subplot talking to himself. 5 episodes in on the show about the birth of crack. Still no crack.

The crack beginnings won't start until episode 7. I feel ya. I'm waiting for that as well.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 63,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well last night's episode was good. Franklin's pops is a piece of work.

When his mom asked him if he was good and he said yeah...i think that was his way of being done wit his father permanently. Letting go whateva feelings he had for him, and moving on w/o regret.

Smh at his father tho.
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
    Well last night's episode was good. Franklin's pops is a piece of work.

When his mom asked him if he was good and he said yeah...i think that was his way of being done wit his father permanently. Letting go whateva feelings he had for him, and moving on w/o regret.

Smh at his father tho.

Pops didn't try to intervene when the cops hit his son. He's a piece of shit.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited August 6
    Ah man. Just found this article after I tweeted The Real Rick Ross about the show and if he had a cameo:

http://www.eurweb.com/2017/08/freeway-rick-ross-say-singletons-snowfall-life-without-permission/#

Freeway Rick Ross appears to have someone other than the Rapper Rick Ross taking leniency with his life story, and involvement in the Iran Contra.

In the new FX series “Snowfall” about a black kid involved with cocaine, the government, and Nicaraguans (an odd similarity to Ross life) John Singleton tells a story about the rise of crack in LA. The reviews haven’t been great The Hollywood Reporter stated:

The other parts of Snowfall may come together in time, but after four meandering and sometimes confusing hours, it’s easy to lose interest. And if this series is not addictive after four hours, with all the competition it faces, will it ever be?

But is it at least authentic? Freeway Rick stated this to Hip Hop DX

I didn’t watch [Snowfall]. I’m boycotting it,” Ross told Trent and Jake. “John [Singleton] he bought my book. He knows me very well and that he would do a [sic] movie about crack in the 80s and not come consult with me. Me and him had lunch together before he talked about the story. That he would go out and do a [project] of this nature. It was kind of like a slap in the face,” he added.

Ross, who is currently a parolee, said that despite his relationship with the famed director, he found out about the show the same way as the rest of us did.

“He didn’t [mention anything about Snowfall when we met] I read about it in the newspaper. Matter fact when I met with The Weinsteins’ Company, one of the things that they were concerned about was him doing Snowfall because it’s so closely related but lucky for me everyone knows it’s not the real story. It’s far from the real story and I’ve been getting good feedback from a lot of people saying that the story was far-fetched and almost unbelievable it’s so fake.” Noted Ross, who did note that Singleton’s people reached out to him after the first season was in the can.

John has been making some snake moves. First the rape scene in The original "ALL Eyez On Me" script, and now this. SMH.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    Leon from Snowfall interview:

awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 episodes left. Better start picking up steam tonight.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • metal face terroristmetal face terrorist ILPosts: 1,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This nigga Franklin. Smh. Smart dumb nigga.
    About to watch right now.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    The beginning of Crack starts next week!!

awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    All5KingDrive
  • SELASI_iSELASI_i DARK VEDA KCPosts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok show but the fluidity of it is all off and the story moves slow for a weekly series. You do shit like that on a streaming service not tv
  • BIGG WILLBIGG WILL Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad show, but not as good as I hoped. Think I see why Showtime passed on it.
    acv3md.jpg

2gse8vd.jpg
    gdatruth2.0metal face terroristBDBIID
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 63,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah man. Just found this article after I tweeted The Real Rick Ross about the show and if he had a cameo:

http://www.eurweb.com/2017/08/freeway-rick-ross-say-singletons-snowfall-life-without-permission/#

Freeway Rick Ross appears to have someone other than the Rapper Rick Ross taking leniency with his life story, and involvement in the Iran Contra.

In the new FX series “Snowfall” about a black kid involved with cocaine, the government, and Nicaraguans (an odd similarity to Ross life) John Singleton tells a story about the rise of crack in LA. The reviews haven’t been great The Hollywood Reporter stated:

The other parts of Snowfall may come together in time, but after four meandering and sometimes confusing hours, it’s easy to lose interest. And if this series is not addictive after four hours, with all the competition it faces, will it ever be?

I didn’t watch [Snowfall]. I’m boycotting it,” Ross told Trent and Jake. “John [Singleton] he bought my book. He knows me very well and that he would do a [sic] movie about crack in the 80s and not come consult with me. Me and him had lunch together before he talked about the story. That he would go out and do a [project] of this nature. It was kind of like a slap in the face,” he added.

Ross, who is currently a parolee, said that despite his relationship with the famed director, he found out about the show the same way as the rest of us did.

“He didn’t [mention anything about Snowfall when we met] I read about it in the newspaper. Matter fact when I met with The Weinsteins’ Company, one of the things that they were concerned about was him doing Snowfall because it’s so closely related but lucky for me everyone knows it’s not the real story. It’s far from the real story and I’ve been getting good feedback from a lot of people saying that the story was far-fetched and almost unbelievable it’s so fake.” Noted Ross, who did note that Singleton’s people reached out to him after the first season was in the can.

John has been making some snake moves. First the rape scene in The original "ALL Eyez On Me" script, and now this. SMH.

Can someone plz tell Ross he wasn't the only muthafucca sellin. Cot damn.

Nigga.

All I could do was smmfh. This muthafucca is asking catch a bullet.

Can someone plz tell Ross he wasn't the only muthafucca sellin. Cot damn.

True but even though he didn't create crack, he was responsible for it's explosion, plus it takes place in the 80's and involves the C.I.A. Of course this story is loosely based on him.

awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nigga.

All I could do was smmfh. This muthafucca is asking catch a bullet.

In real life, this nigga would've died in each episode so far.

Thats what makes it frustrating. I know: suspension of disbelief or he's growing into the life but come the fuck on he learns absolutely nothing from his mistakes. Smart dumb shit for real.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    black caesarRecaptimus_Prime360
  • JusDre313JusDre313 ∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐ YEP........................ MEDICINAL!Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man im 2 episodes in and digging it
  • CJCJ Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shows cool ill keep watching

Like y'all said tho this dude should be dead already
  • JusDre313JusDre313 ∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐ YEP........................ MEDICINAL!Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12
    watched the first 3 episodes...
    that rape scene though... WTF... and fam aint dead.. you got to kill that nigga after that, i know that shit aint over

- smash on the aunt

- the Israeli connect is hilarious to me

- yeah Franklin was tripping being all out and open in the spot with work out for everyone to see
  • All5KingDriveAll5KingDrive I'm Everywhere You Never TherePosts: 229 ✭✭
    edited August 12
    2nd or 3rd best show on TV, right now to me

They got renewed for Season 2, too
    JusDre313metal face terrorist
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 17,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    man i wanna hulk smash tf outta his auntie!!! LAWD

word...

and mom dukes

cefoff5rzu9s.gif

the moms from the wire lol, among other shows

that auntie tho

she was looking good af at the cookout
    edited August 13
    loved the series

when fam broke out the trunk of the car like the koolaid man

when the cops showed up at the cookout and choked franklin... the neighbor cop coming to save him and calming the cac cops down... great point of how the people in the community should POLICE the community

just watched the last episode its crazy the cat that got raped was in the beginning on the episode.. thought he would resurface at the end, but didnt.. i really enjoyed this show