Dragon Ball Fighter Z(from the makers of Guilty Gear)

genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 16,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 12 in The Arcade

We finally getting a real dbz fighting game. The last real dbz game we got was Super Dragonball z
Gives us back images in sigs
KnowReasonForPeaceCJKINGECBetaThe HuegoldenjaHundredEyes LordZukoPureYangSo ILLqeezus_priceblack caesarkzzlLEMZIMUS_RAMSEYFosheezyjee504Sion

Replies

• Juttythe3rdJuttythe3rd Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank the 7 gods
    genocidecutterHundredEyes CeLLaR-DooR
  • vagrant-718vagrant-718 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

We finally getting a real dbz fighting game. The last real dbz game we got was Super Dragonball z

Last real one was budokai 3 to me
    CJKINGECLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY[Trillmatic]
  • BetaBeta Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster Posts: 59,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah it was burst limit

It played like the psp game

that was that crack
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

• THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOT A DBZ FAN...
    BUT THIS SOUNDS INTERESTING BC OF THE GUILTY GEAR DEVS...
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
    HundredEyes kzzl
  • BetaBeta Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster Posts: 59,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ILL wrote: »
    Where the fuck was this when I was playing video games more and didn't have a job? Nigga!

Buy it and quit your job
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

• So ILLSo ILL Posts: 15,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta wrote: »
    Where the fuck was this when I was playing video games more and didn't have a job? Nigga!

Buy it and quit your job
    I ain't got enough privilege to comfortably do that. I did consider it, though.
    BetaRawAce
  • black caesarblack caesar Posts: 11,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cell is in it. That's all I needed to see. It's getting copped.

I wonder if they're going to add characters from Dragonball Super and GT. I smell DLC coming a mile away.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    BetaKINGECBigBallsNoWorriesFosheezy
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    NOT A DBZ FAN...

Thats what im thinking. This is kind of a big deal. They might do for dbz what cyber connect did for Naruto. The visuals are gonna be crazy. Plus GG has some tight gameplay i hear. With SF, KOF, and MVC looking like 3D disney movies, this is definitely gonna draw more attention.
    HundredEyes [Trillmatic]
  • THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16
    kzzl wrote: »
    NOT A DBZ FAN...

Thats what im thinking. This is kind of a big deal. They might do for dbz what cyber connect did for Naruto. The visuals are gonna be crazy. Plus GG has some tight gameplay i hear. With SF, KOF, and MVC looking like 3D disney movies, this is definitely gonna draw more attention.

I FEEL THAT DBZ FIGHTING GAMES HAVE PRETTY SIMPLE AND REPETITIVE MECHANICS...
    THE GUILTY GEAR DEVS HAVE THE ABILITY TO MAKE IT A TRUE FIGHTER...
    GIVE EACH CHARACTER THEIR OWN FEEL/MECHANICS/PHYSICS...

MY BIGGEST QUESTION ABOUT THIS GAME IS ABOUT ITS ACCESSIBILITY...
    I KNOW DBZ APPEALS TO ALOT OF CHILDREN...
    SO MY ? IS WILL THIS GAME BE MADE FOR THE HARDCORE FIGHTERS?
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
    kzzl wrote: »
    NOT A DBZ FAN...

I FEEL THAT DBZ FIGHTING GAMES HAVE PRETTY SIMPLE AND REPETITIVE MECHANICS...
    THE GUILTY GEAR DEVS HAVE THE ABILITY TO MAKE IT A TRUE FIGHTER...
    GIVE EACH CHARACTER THEIR OWN FEEL/MECHANICS/PHYSICS...

MY BIGGEST QUESTION ABOUT THIS GAME IS ABOUT ITS ACCESSIBILITY...
    I KNOW DBZ APPEALS TO ALOT OF CHILDREN...
    SO MY ? IS WILL THIS GAME BE MADE FOR THE HARDCORE FIGHTERS?

They mentioned wanting it to be taken seriously and have esport playability. They're also focused on bringing characters that bring their own feel, instead of who's most popular. They do want all generations of dbz fans to enjoy it, so we'll see how they pull that off.

Plus look at the game play reveals above, its clear how different a match between experienced players flows compared to noobs.
    genocidecutterTHE_R_
    im getting the Dragonball Legends vibe from this shit for the PS1

Only the real ones know this
    Boy, that was my game. I still have my hard copy that I bought in 2000. I always said if they recreated that shit with crisper graphics then it would be the best Dragon Ball video game ever made.
    KneeGro_DuperMan
    99o2zp.jpg
    Had to go find that shit. I wish I still had my emulator and PS1 to play it, though smh.
    CJgenocidecutterKneeGro_DuperManAjackson17
    The Hue wrote: »

Classics

gainacrcb4m6.jpg
    74skl3rdyp3m.jpg
    4ajgdopqyd7g.jpg
    We found that Final Bout in Blockbuster for cheap and damn near kept it back in like 1998, shit is what initially put me onto Dragon Ball. Had we known that it would be in high demand as it was in the early 00's, we would have kept it and came up on some bread lol.
  • The HueThe Hue Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hue wrote: »

Classics

gainacrcb4m6.jpg
    74skl3rdyp3m.jpg
    4ajgdopqyd7g.jpg
    We found that Final Bout in Blockbuster for cheap and damn near kept it back in like 1998, shit is what initially put me onto Dragon Ball. Had we known that it would be in high demand as it was in the early 00's, we would have kept it and came up on some bread lol.

Yea the original '97 US release is pretty rare. I looked on eBay and some of the mint conditions are selling for over 500. I think they only made 10k copies back in '97.
    image.jpg

"The Afro-American militant is a `militant' because he defends himself, his family, his home, and his dignity. He does not introduce violence into a racist social system--the violence is already there, and has always been there. It is precisely this unchallenged violence that allows a racist social system to perpetrate itself. When people say that they are opposed to Negroes `resorting to violence' what they really mean is that they are opposed to Negroes defending themselves and challenging the exclusive monopoly of violence practiced by white racists."
    So ILLgenocidecutter
    Final bout was ass. But nostalgia will make me lay claims why it was the best fighting game growing up lol
    Man, that shit was cold in 1998. Not so much in 2002 after playing Virtua Fighter on PS2 lol.
    genocidecutter
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 16,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17
    99o2zp.jpg
    Had to go find that shit. I wish I still had my emulator and PS1 to play it, though smh.

I always wanted to play that back in the day.
    Gives us back images in sigs
    A hands on impression of the game.

Sit down with a Dev

genocidecutter