What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The best thing The 'E needs right now....an OFF-SEASON.

Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box!Posts: 15,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 28 in Off The Turn Buckle
I'm serious. A 30-day layoff from the end of WrestleMania gives the roster a chance to recharge their batteries, cuts down on injuries, and allows the writing team to hit the reset button on go-nowhere stories.

I mean, they obviously couldn't do it for a few years with all the advance bookings, but in three or four years, I really think implementing an offseason might be the best thing to happen to The 'E in decades.

Thoughts? Real ones.
mirthewriter.wordpress.com
Read that jawn....
Tagged:
MeesterMr.LVsilverfoxx

Replies

• Los216Los216 Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't watch much anymore but this does sound like a smart idea.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28
    Off-seasons have been discussed before and its a nonstarter.

One of the reasons they can make so much money from USA/NBC is because of the consistent content they provide weekly.

Live first run programming is worth a pretty penny, especially if it has a consistent audience. WWE has that. It wouldn't be prudent to stop running programs for 4 weeks.

That eats into all forms of revenue. No house shows, no PPVs, definitely will affect merchandise sales, ad revenue from networks...just a bad business move.

For the performers and creative team it could be good. It would give performers a break and give writers a chance to script shows in advance but I doubt it works out.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
  • (ob)Scene(ob)Scene Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can do something like have one crew have a post-Mania sabbatical and the other can have a post Summerslam sabbatical.
    TonyDubbz
  • Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Posts: 15,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to do something. If, for nothing else, then the health of their talent:

Superstars perform 3-4 times a week, which can be 150-200 shows a year.

In contrast (not counting preseason or training camp):
    MLB - 162 games + up to 20 playoff games (Wild Card + 5 divisional games + 7 LCS + 7 WS)
    NHL/NBA - 82 games + up to 28 playoff games (7 for each round)
    NFL - 16 games + up to 4 playoff games (WC, D, FC, SB)

And unlike Baseball, these fuckers move around all night sometimes.

The 'E needs to figure this out.

mirthewriter.wordpress.com
    Read that jawn....
  • Smokey Tha BanditSmokey Tha Bandit NO FUCKS GIVEN Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28
    beating a dead horse. its obvious they need it but Vince is a greed ridden old prick that needs to kick the bucket already so it wont happen.
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be they have off on December and come back a couple of days after new years

izsej6W8x1bly.png
    playboy buddy rose
  • playboy buddy roseplayboy buddy rose south brooklynPosts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    It should be they have off on December and come back a couple of days after new years

OR betta yet right afta survivor series
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz What title? Posts: 29,044 Regulator
    They will lose money. There is a reason why there is no offseason and house shows.

New AHH Battle Rap Forum
    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/the-battle-rap-zone
    Karma es verdad.
    TheBoyRo