What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Hannibal Burress gets random black man to pretend hes him at Spiderman premiere... Nobody noticed

Replies

• blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,209 Regulator
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Hannibal already had his own special by the time he went in on Cosby. He wasn't some nobody. He was writing for 30 rock, he had worked with Louis CK.

People aren't out here dangling carrots for up-and-coming comedians in the hopes they'll take the bait and diss your childhood heroes

How many comedians that you know of who are known for writing and don't have a critically acclaimed special or a stand-up bit on a show like comic view or def comedy jam that is universally considered funny just start getting commercials that are based around them?

That man benefited from what he said about Cosby no matter who he may have wrote for.

JB Smoove...
    Arya Tsaddiqdnyce215MsSouthernRevolver Ocelot
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MF Doom shit=Goat shit=ppl are so easy to manipulate

"Do a show.....at the same time, watch it. And guaranteed to give 'em more than just hockspit.
    Bustin a new nut on @R.D's moms collarbone everyday.
    Rozetta5tonemetal face terroristrip.dilla
  • BobOblahBobOblah Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aint this the unfunny strugglin comedian fuck nigga that started that Cosby shit in a hole in the wall joint!!?

funny..
    after that "random" as fuck outburst he gets his own show and now a role in a Marvel flick??

how convenient. lmmfao

What I've heard is that everyone in comedy knew about it already, called him Pill Cosby, and Buress had no idea that his joke would be the one to get all that attention
  • BobOblahBobOblah Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Burress is very funny usually but this is hilarious
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 16,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit... it took me awhile to even give this man a chance on the comedy scene...
    but I watched a few of his stand- up specials and them sh*ts were funny as f*ck.

Id recommend Comedy Camisado. I watched it twice. Funny both times.

oh. it was funny both times nigga? i feared you had watched it again and it wouldnt be funny no mo
    ShuffingtonBetaMallyG
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    Hannibal already had his own special by the time he went in on Cosby. He wasn't some nobody. He was writing for 30 rock, he had worked with Louis CK.

People aren't out here dangling carrots for up-and-coming comedians in the hopes they'll take the bait and diss your childhood heroes

How many comedians that you know of who are known for writing and don't have a critically acclaimed special or a stand-up bit on a show like comic view or def comedy jam that is universally considered funny just start getting commercials that are based around them?

That man benefited from what he said about Cosby no matter who he may have wrote for.

JB Smoove...

Can't agree there. JB was funny as shit on Curb Your Enthusiasm and a few other things and he had that show on TV where he was interview like 2-3 celebrities over drinks and dinner and was in quite a bit of movies.

Try somebody else
    so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

marc123
  • ShuffingtonShuffington Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerrod Carmichael funny as Sh*t too.. in his stand-up.

• D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29

Jerrod Carmichael.

Nope try again!

What nationwide commercials did Jerrod Carmichael get while he was a barely known comedian?

Jerrod Carmichael got a buzz from the work he had been doing got a shot at show which is funny as hell and he now starting to take off.

Burress had a comedy special that not too many people felt was funny, said that shit about Cosby and he got a nationwide tv commercial for a fucking credit or debit card.

Why would a person who is not an actor or a known comedian(his profession) just get that type of deal?

ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

aint this the unfunny strugglin comedian fuck nigga that started that Cosby shit in a hole in the wall joint!!?

funny..
    after that "random" as fuck outburst he gets his own show and now a role in a Marvel flick??

how convenient. lmmfao

Nigga that Cosby shit had been in the news for damn near a decade before he made that joke

This is true but still don't mean he didn't benefit from telling that joke and the person who taped him putting it out there and it going viral to make it front page news again.

Probably not the reason he told the joke and he probably didn't know what would happen after telling it but at the end of it all he greatly benefited from it.

Yeah he's really been all over the place since then. A cancelled tv show and a couple lines in Spiderman. Great career boost hes gotten

All people can do it give the opportunity if he wasn't funny enough to enough people to capitalize that's his fault.

His benefit was those opportunities.

• PlutarchPlutarch A Tribe Called Fresh Philly, PA, by way of Ca$hville, TNPosts: 3,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29
    Hilarious social experiment

Always funny. Reminds me of that one fake celebrity prank:

Fake Celebrity Pranks New York City

People are funny.
  • MsSouthernMsSouthern Oh la laaaa Posts: 21,751 Regulator

Jerrod Carmichael.

Nope try again!

What nationwide commercials did Jerrod Carmichael get while he was a barely known comedian?

Jerrod Carmichael got a buzz from the work he had been doing got a shot at show which is funny as hell and he now starting to take off.

Burress had a comedy special that not too many people felt was funny, said that shit about Cosby and he got a nationwide tv commercial for a fucking credit or debit card.

Why would a person who is not an actor or a known comedian(his profession) just get that type of deal?

Uhhh he's been around since like 09 -10

That Cosby bit was in like 14

Did it give him some shine .... yes. But it didn't jump start his career
    UTDefense.jpg
    Already Home_17dwade206
    MsSouthern wrote: »

Jerrod Carmichael.

Nope try again!

Uhhh he's been around since like 09 -10

That Cosby bit was in like 14

Did it give him some shine .... yes. But it didn't jump start his career

Show me anywhere in any post in this there where I even alluded to the bold.

All I said was it benefited him which you just admitted to.

So what is the problem with acknowledging that what Burress said benefited him?

funny..

how convenient. lmmfao

Nigga that Cosby shit had been in the news for damn near a decade before he made that joke

This is true but still don't mean he didn't benefit from telling that joke and the person who taped him putting it out there and it going viral to make it front page news again.

Probably not the reason he told the joke and he probably didn't know what would happen after telling it but at the end of it all he greatly benefited from it.

to your original post...

so??

MsSouthernblackrain
    Honestly I don't see why you are going back and forth about it to begin with

None of it really matters lol

He's funny to me and great live too
    UTDefense.jpg

funny..

how convenient. lmmfao

to your original post...

so??

drink_stare.gif

Rozetta5tone

funny..

how convenient. lmmfao

to your original post...

so??

drink_stare.gif

make_it_so.gif
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerrod Carmichael.

Nope try again!

His supporting role in neighbours
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
  • 808HiLife808808HiLife808 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Apart from comedy Hannibal's Podcast is actually one of the better Hip Hop Podcasts out.

Almost every ep has a rapper featured

handsome rambler is good shit, but i can def say its not for everyone

JB Smoove...

Can't agree there. JB was funny as shit on Curb Your Enthusiasm and a few other things and he had that show on TV where he was interview like 2-3 celebrities over drinks and dinner and was in quite a bit of movies.

Try somebody else

Nigga how many people was thinking about JB Smoove as a top notch comedian? Hes funny but he wasn't nobody 1st 2nd or 5th thought in terms of niggas about to blow up

Jerrod Carmichael.

Nope try again!

His supporting role in neighbours

And he was in Daddy's Home too
    UTDefense.jpg
  • BetaBeta #FastFamily Posts: 65,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit... it took me awhile to even give this man a chance on the comedy scene...
    but I watched a few of his stand- up specials and them sh*ts were funny as f*ck.

Id recommend Comedy Camisado. I watched it twice. Funny both times.

Kill yourself
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

Busta Carmichael Valentinez A. KaiserVulcanRavenBenjaminE
    lamontbdc wrote: »

Jerrod Carmichael.

his show funny af

Show is funny as hell but he wasnt a big name before the show
    LUClEN