What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Agree or Disagree? Black people in America would be stronger, if segregation remained in America.

24

Replies

  • NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1
    I always hear how this "system wasn't made for us". Do you think if we remained segregated we would come up with a system of our own that worked?

    Things most likely woulda been worse. The people who actually lived in it werent fighting so hard for their rights because it was such a good system. It was depriving people of opportunities and basic rights and saying "you cant come in here because of the color of your skin" (of course nobody wanna be treated like that)and stuff like that. And even worse. But of course. I think it be the "overthinking it" types and just those that aint mature enough to see the actual reality and the "alternative fact" types who even make a question like this. And the ones outside the community who dont like it too. Moot discussion at this point.
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 66,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So from what I gather you all are saying so far is that we should forego the american dream, and just build on OUR communities? If so I strongly agree.

    No we were sold the American dream but got bricks in the box success/health/liberty is not the American dream it's a human dream... were were not the intended recipient of that dream,,he'll they lied to the others too..building own communities as you say is the dream I'm not talking just brick and mortar I'm talking commUNITY
    Jamaican Curry Bwoygenocidecutter
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 48,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.

    Its because we've been conditioned to hate ourselves and love them.

    Thanks yeezy
    rocket-2.gif
    Jamaican Curry Bwoytwenty2MallyGrip.dilla
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 66,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 29,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where the ballers at!

    estoy aqui.....

    it's crazy because I use my family down to my dog and who I have helped and my reach within my community to immorality as the measuring stick of my baller-ism.

    the big picture is greater than me and will always be.
    I can take pics of my car but what does it all mean if my kids dont know shit about money?

    why stunt in the hood? why not help educate?

    why focus on physical fighting when mentally fighting has a greater reach and longer lasting effect?

    community is built and maintained...not desttoyed and unkept.



    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


    Jamaican Curry Bwoyplaymaker88twenty2blakfyahking
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 29,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    true balling is a lifestyle not a hot moment in life.

    showing you have money money now will always be inferior to generational stability.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


  • Jamaican Curry BwoyJamaican Curry Bwoy Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.

    Its because we've been conditioned to hate ourselves and love them.

    Thanks yeezy

    Its true tho. And it fits.
    "Rondo got a nine like Wu-Tang, (woo shit!)"
  • Jamaican Curry BwoyJamaican Curry Bwoy Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭
    I always hear how this "system wasn't made for us". Do you think if we remained segregated we would come up with a system of our own that worked?

    Things most likely woulda been worse. The people who actually lived in it werent fighting so hard for their rights because it was such a good system. It was depriving people of opportunities and basic rights and saying "you cant come in here because of the color of your skin" (of course nobody wanna be treated like that)and stuff like that. And even worse. But of course. I think it be the "overthinking it" types and just those that aint mature enough to see the actual reality and the "alternative fact" types who even make a question like this. And the ones outside the community who dont like it too. Moot discussion at this point.

    I'm not following what you're saying. I'm not sure if its because i don't want to understand or if I truly don't get what you're saying.
    "Rondo got a nine like Wu-Tang, (woo shit!)"
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this thread is being more constructive than the last one at least. Yall was straight dissing segregation back then if i recall right.
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 66,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where the ballers at!

    estoy aqui.....

    it's crazy because I use my family down to my dog and who I have helped and my reach within my community to immorality as the measuring stick of my baller-ism.

    the big picture is greater than me and will always be.
    I can take pics of my car but what does it all mean if my kids dont know shit about money?

    why stunt in the hood? why not help educate?

    why focus on physical fighting when mentally fighting has a greater reach and longer lasting effect?

    community is built and maintained...not desttoyed and unkept.



    Lol, nigga dropped a song off of the lob that @Copper threw that I dunked
    insane-alley-oop-dunk-2001-kobe-bryant-gifs.gif
    You were two steps behind


    #Bars
    Jamaican Curry BwoyCopper
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 29,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where the ballers at!

    estoy aqui.....

    it's crazy because I use my family down to my dog and who I have helped and my reach within my community to immorality as the measuring stick of my baller-ism.

    the big picture is greater than me and will always be.
    I can take pics of my car but what does it all mean if my kids dont know shit about money?

    why stunt in the hood? why not help educate?

    why focus on physical fighting when mentally fighting has a greater reach and longer lasting effect?

    community is built and maintained...not desttoyed and unkept.



    Lol, nigga dropped a song off of the lob that @Copper threw that I dunked
    insane-alley-oop-dunk-2001-kobe-bryant-gifs.gif
    You were two steps behind


    #Bars

    am I tho....

    the question is very relevant to the thread.

    but I guess you didn't see that cuz you wanted to be ahead...

    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 29,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are niggas going to try to debate this bullshit topic AGAIN? Is there going to be a weekly pro-segregation thread? Niggas ignorant asf.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

    For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

    For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

    All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    Olorun22PureYangfranknitti
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 48,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where the ballers at!

    estoy aqui.....

    it's crazy because I use my family down to my dog and who I have helped and my reach within my community to immorality as the measuring stick of my baller-ism.

    the big picture is greater than me and will always be.
    I can take pics of my car but what does it all mean if my kids dont know shit about money?

    why stunt in the hood? why not help educate?

    why focus on physical fighting when mentally fighting has a greater reach and longer lasting effect?

    community is built and maintained...not desttoyed and unkept.



    Lol, nigga dropped a song off of the lob that @Copper threw that I dunked
    insane-alley-oop-dunk-2001-kobe-bryant-gifs.gif
    You were two steps behind


    #Bars

    We talked about that dunk the entire next day at school after it happened.

    "Cant nobody fuck with me"
    rocket-2.gif
    playmaker88
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 66,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where the ballers at!

    estoy aqui.....

    it's crazy because I use my family down to my dog and who I have helped and my reach within my community to immorality as the measuring stick of my baller-ism.

    the big picture is greater than me and will always be.
    I can take pics of my car but what does it all mean if my kids dont know shit about money?

    why stunt in the hood? why not help educate?

    why focus on physical fighting when mentally fighting has a greater reach and longer lasting effect?

    community is built and maintained...not desttoyed and unkept.



    Lol, nigga dropped a song off of the lob that @Copper threw that I dunked
    insane-alley-oop-dunk-2001-kobe-bryant-gifs.gif
    You were two steps behind


    #Bars

    am I tho....

    the question is very relevant to the thread.

    but I guess you didn't see that cuz you wanted to be ahead...

    There was no question posed. You imagined that. .. me personally don't care too much for what a person has or what type of lifestyle he/she portrays that shit doesn't move me..
  • Olorun22Olorun22 Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black people needs land Infrastructure and nationhood on the continent of Africa.
    Nothing is going to work because you're being oppressed. The solutions you guys come up with aren't solutions when you're an oppressed people
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy
  • Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2
    I believe if we were allowed to create our own system in America, we would be fine.....for a while. Whether or not that would be sustainable over centuries is the question.

    Unfortunately, we as a whole value the Eurocentric point-of-view and validation too much.
    mirthewriter.wordpress.com
    Read that jawn....
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy
  • WestieWestie Whore Savant the vagina nebulaPosts: 12,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If white people were shipped back to Europe so they didn't burn down black people's shit then maybe.
    male-tears-2.jpg
    Like Watersoul rattler
  • blakfyahkingblakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Posts: 15,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.
    Copper wrote: »
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.

    cars nigga

    cars too.

    ^^^SMH @ these two feminine subliminal posts :(

    so only black people shouldn't enjoy nice handbags or belts..........and we should all drive buckets? :lol:

    I don't recall there being any black owner luxury item manufacturers



    and when Lavar Ball tried to sell some luxury shit, the same hating mofos had something negative to say about it

    even while sitting there proudly with Nikes on their feet haha
    tumblr_maj8y0LU9Y1qimbeto1_500.jpg
    CottonCitySlimKoltrainTheNuttinProffessor
  • leftcoastkevleftcoastkev .....but anything else...Not My Job Beaches and Bridges, CAPosts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2
    The things is we are still segregated.. this "integration" never happened.. nor did it create the conditions to foster it.

    Unfortunately the perception of integration (the illusion of inclusion) has a sizeable % of blacks on that "we are not a monolith" frame of mind especially in times of crisis instead of being forced to be on the same page.
  • ThaNubianGodThaNubianGod Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threads like this reminds me of how little real history people seem to know these days. Segregation was garbage for us. Every Redneck's fantasy is to bring that shit back. The main driving force of cops harassing/abusing us was to enforce segregation, and to still promote it in certain communities even after it ended.

    And it wouldn't even solve our real problem which is we don't support each other. $1 trillion in GDP and do we invest and build our own shit? Nope, we give it to other groups, then whine that we got no power or influence.

    blakfyahking
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 29,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.
    Copper wrote: »
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.

    cars nigga

    cars too.

    ^^^SMH @ these two feminine subliminal posts :(

    so only black people shouldn't enjoy nice handbags or belts..........and we should all drive buckets? :lol:

    I don't recall there being any black owner luxury item manufacturers



    and when Lavar Ball tried to sell some luxury shit, the same hating mofos had something negative to say about it

    even while sitting there proudly with Nikes on their feet haha

    niggaaaaaa

    who the hell summoned you?

    you always come cartwheeling out just so counter my shit...

    the thread is about something an i see a problem I pointed out. stop being so defensive.



    sublimal? nah nigga. don't give yourself so much credit.

    I call a nigga out when needed. I don't sit an wait for certain people.
    an yes...I am proud of my cheap ass sneakers....you still missed the point on that ...while also missing my point in the lavar thread. but all you see is hating? lol. overpriced is overpriced no matter the brand and lets not get back started on lavar.

    opposing views are always welcomed by me...I'm always up for a debate...

    but you.....seems your only objective is to prove me wrong....sounds suspect but ehh. I don't hate on the gays.




    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


  • blakfyahkingblakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Posts: 15,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.
    Copper wrote: »
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.

    cars nigga

    cars too.

    ^^^SMH @ these two feminine subliminal posts :(

    so only black people shouldn't enjoy nice handbags or belts..........and we should all drive buckets? :lol:

    I don't recall there being any black owner luxury item manufacturers



    and when Lavar Ball tried to sell some luxury shit, the same hating mofos had something negative to say about it

    even while sitting there proudly with Nikes on their feet haha

    niggaaaaaa

    who the hell summoned you?

    you always come cartwheeling out just so counter my shit...

    the thread is about something an i see a problem I pointed out. stop being so defensive.



    sublimal? nah nigga. don't give yourself so much credit.

    I call a nigga out when needed. I don't sit an wait for certain people.
    an yes...I am proud of my cheap ass sneakers....you still missed the point on that ...while also missing my point in the lavar thread. but all you see is hating? lol. overpriced is overpriced no matter the brand and lets not get back started on lavar.

    opposing views are always welcomed by me...I'm always up for a debate...

    but you.....seems your only objective is to prove me wrong....sounds suspect but ehh. I don't hate on the gays.




    cut the shit bruh.......I just call out bullshit when I see it

    u take weak wristed shots all the time and then play victim whenever someone points it out

    then u lift ur skirt like always and try to deflect



    the reason me and u disagree is cuz I can't relate to fake balling/flossing type niggaz

    it's either u truly humble and don't give a damn about luxuries............or u a "baller" who money must be too short to really compete, that's why u hating on the next man in a better car than u :joy:

    yeah u proud of ur sneakers cuz u a crab type nigga proud to wear Nikes.....meanwhile there are plenty of really cheap shoes u could wear instead since u so concerned about shit being overpriced

    but don't mind me for pointing out the obvious flaws in ur logic as usual


    tumblr_maj8y0LU9Y1qimbeto1_500.jpg
    playmaker88blacktux
  • jetlifebihjetlifebih Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo the mindset changed from the time we landed on the shore....we went from having the "escape" mindset to "we are here let's make it work" mindset....went from trying to destroy the system to now trying to change the system....

    So yeah I'd say intergration or the fake idea that we would be intergrated hurt us
    5th LetterJamaican Curry Bwoy
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 29,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.
    Copper wrote: »
    Black people dont have the mentality to create and support thier own today. We worship european handbags and belts too much.

    cars nigga

    cars too.

    ^^^SMH @ these two feminine subliminal posts :(

    so only black people shouldn't enjoy nice handbags or belts..........and we should all drive buckets? :lol:

    I don't recall there being any black owner luxury item manufacturers



    and when Lavar Ball tried to sell some luxury shit, the same hating mofos had something negative to say about it

    even while sitting there proudly with Nikes on their feet haha

    niggaaaaaa

    who the hell summoned you?

    you always come cartwheeling out just so counter my shit...

    the thread is about something an i see a problem I pointed out. stop being so defensive.



    sublimal? nah nigga. don't give yourself so much credit.

    I call a nigga out when needed. I don't sit an wait for certain people.
    an yes...I am proud of my cheap ass sneakers....you still missed the point on that ...while also missing my point in the lavar thread. but all you see is hating? lol. overpriced is overpriced no matter the brand and lets not get back started on lavar.

    opposing views are always welcomed by me...I'm always up for a debate...

    but you.....seems your only objective is to prove me wrong....sounds suspect but ehh. I don't hate on the gays.




    cut the shit bruh.......I just call out bullshit when I see it

    u take weak wristed shots all the time and then play victim whenever someone points it out

    then u lift ur skirt like always and try to deflect



    the reason me and u disagree is cuz I can't relate to fake balling/flossing type niggaz

    it's either u truly humble and don't give a damn about luxuries............or u a "baller" who money must be too short to really compete, that's why u hating on the next man in a better car than u :joy:

    yeah u proud of ur sneakers cuz u a crab type nigga proud to wear Nikes.....meanwhile there are plenty of really cheap shoes u could wear instead since u so concerned about shit being overpriced

    but don't mind me for pointing out the obvious flaws in ur logic as usual


    homotional.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


Sign In or Register to comment.