What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Replies

• Mseries_Mseries_ Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mseries_ wrote: »
    I guess now Trump can't use the USMNT as an excuse to visit Putin in Russia.

Son what EPL team do you support?

@Haast Eagle You been duckin' this shit

Manchester United Football Club

How long have you been a MUFC fan? And any reason why you choose MUFC and not more recently successful teams like Man City LCFC Chelsea Tottenham?
    blue_london
  • blue_londonblue_london Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

How long have you been a MUFC fan? And any reason why you choose MUFC and not more recently successful teams like Man City LCFC Chelsea Tottenham?
    a7m7en41y1aj.gif

toheeb27DNB1Figo

a7m7en41y1aj.gif

LCFC is Leicester City football club
    blue_londonFigo

a7m7en41y1aj.gif

LCFC is Leicester City football club

I don't want to start a war but replace Tottenham with arsenal based on trophies that it
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaka will finish his career with Sao Paulo FC
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

HundredEyes
    SPURS about to break EPL attendance record this week.
    HundredEyes DNB1Figo
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chile snitching on Colombia and Peru to FIFA because their federation believe that both countries conspired to play to a draw

What was that guey (falcao) saying tho?? Behind his hand

Not sure but my dad texted me saying FIFA rejected the claims from Chile

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

hqg-277.gif

• bigev240bigev240 Illpix O.G. Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Fox spent 400 mill on World Cup rights for the US

l02lw6460jbu.gif

You know ESPN is happy they got outbid for it.
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    US flop is so disappointin'. Their fans will be missed.

Sad for Pulisic. He doesn't get the mentions the other dope u20s get. This was his chance to show everyone how good he is
    blue_london
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13
    Pulisic at the WC man wudda increased his worth and if* he gotta move, wudda been 100m plus.

Wudda made all the US sports pages a born American worth over a hundred million US dollars to European football.

What a missed opportunity for the game over there.

HundredEyes
  • HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulisic at the WC man wudda increased his worth and he he gotta move, wudda been 100m plus.

Wudda made all the US sports pages a born American worth over a hundred million US dollars to European football.

What a missed opportunity for the game over there.

Yeah that was possible but just like Holland (smh) reality was they didnt deserve it fam...they finished 5th in a group of 6 lol...fuck were they going to do if they faced the top tier nations? Id reckon that just like us, they saved themselves more embarressment.
    chgarcia345
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    US flop is so disappointin'. Their fans will be missed.

Sad for Pulisic. He doesn't get the mentions the other dope u20s get. This was his chance to show everyone how good he is

Their fans got so involved the last world cup it was refreshing..... Their reactions to Brazil Germany was classic
  • HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    aluyh054xy7a.png

Finally Kongolo makes his debut, was starting to get worried lol...should be our left back if fit. Tete is also in...where is Depay at though?
  • GoonerGooner Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm firmly on the bandwagon to bring Fekir to arsenal... Özil replacement
    arsenal_yrj6r.gif
  • GoonerGooner Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this Monaco v Lyon game is dope
    arsenal_yrj6r.gif
    Gooner wrote: »
    this Monaco v Lyon game is dope

For real, some great goals so far. My new fav, Ndombele playing well too.
    aluyh054xy7a.png

where is Depay at though?

In the locker room dreaming of Real Madrid....
    HundredEyes
    aluyh054xy7a.png

Finally Kongolo makes his debut, was starting to get worried lol...should be our left back if fit. Tete is also in...where is Depay at though?

Kongolo playing like shit btw....
    HundredEyes