What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Replies

• Mseries_Mseries_ Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Rashford >>> Lukaku

seen the highlights have to agree. Also KANE> Lukaku
    toheeb27
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 17,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want any footballer, manager or supporter blaming the quality of the pitch following their team's bad performance:

Haha like playing Sunday league in the winter... When you turn up to a park and be like, fck I havnt got my studs haha
    'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

http://i.makeagif.com/media/9-04-2015/aUPgli.gif
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• Mseries_Mseries_ Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16

Why can't they just keep Costa? Also I need to get back on Rosetta Stone and learning Spanish again.
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16
    Manchester United are leading the race to sign PSG right-back Serge Aurier, L'Equipe has reported. The 24-year-old Ivory Coast international was left off the club's preseason squad this summer and, per the newspaper, could be had for under €25m.

Manchester City have identified yet another right-back target after Dani Alves recently stunned the Etihad club with his move to PSG. Yes, they brought in former Tottenham man Kyle Walker last week, but the Sunday Times says Pep Guardiola also wants Real Madrid reserve Danilo, who is set to cost a minimum of €25m despite failing to impress in his first season at the Bernabeu last campaign.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

According to CalcioMercato, Barcelona have made an offer for Paris Saint-Germain star midfielder Marco Verratti: €65m plus Ivan Rakitic.

hqg-277.gif

chgarcia345Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Tottenham will head to the U.S. this week on their preseason tour, but before they cross the Atlantic, they want Everton midfielder Ross Barkley in their squad, according to the Mirror. The catch, however, is that Spurs only value the England international at £30m while the Toffees are expecting £50m

hqg-277.gif

• northside7northside7 Posts: 24,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently Lemar has agreed to terms with Arsenal for 90k a week. Monaco is still standing in the way of the deal being competed.

Take the £45m and fuck-off.
    AC Milan are interested in signing Bayern Munich midfielder Renato Sanches, but an agreement has not yet been reached for the Portugal international, says Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

hqg-277.gif

Watford and Newcastle are interested in Benfica winger, Peruvian international Andre Carrillo

hqg-277.gif

• chgarcia345chgarcia345 Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever to Marcus Beasley @muricans? Bro was ballin at PSV back in the day when we were ballin in the CL, could be a goat pundit.

Lol he still playing world cup qualifiers too...
    Just when you thought AC Milan's summer couldn't get any better, La Gazzetta dello Sport says that the Rossoneri are "on the verge" of signing Alvaro Morata.

The Real Madrid striker is one of the transfer window's most-wanted men, and while it was first Manchester United and then Chelsea that seemed in the box seat to sign the 24-year-old, Milan seems to have gazumped both Premier League clubs.

The paper says that Vincenzo Montella's side have tabled a €70 million bid for Morata, and have offered a further €10m per year to the player

hqg-277.gif

• FigoFigo 100% Trinidadian MarylandPosts: 7,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How and when the fuck did ac got all that cash?
    That's a brand new team
    Foreign Nation|PG County, MD

CeLLaR-DooRHundredEyes
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 24,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figo wrote: »
    That's a brand new team

Criminal enterprise. Call in those mafia favors.
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figo wrote: »
    That's a brand new team

Chinese Investors took over last season.
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 17,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mseries_ wrote: »
    r8dziulgnm0p.png

INN-GER-LAND!

Putting the mens teams to shame... Congrats to the U19's though...
    'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

http://i.makeagif.com/media/9-04-2015/aUPgli.gif
  • chgarcia345chgarcia345 Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭
    Gold cup quarterfinals

July 19 – Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia

Costa Rica vs. Panama
    United States vs. El Salvador
    July 20 – University of Phoenix Stadium, Arizona
    Canada vs. Jamaica
    Mexico vs. Honduras

@Young_Chitlin you going to any games??
  • Valentinez A. KaiserValentinez A. Kaiser Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    r8dziulgnm0p.png

INN-GER-LAND!

Watch the women win the Euros lol
  • blue_londonblue_london Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chelsea trolling now who isn't interested in aguero
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    r8dziulgnm0p.png

INN-GER-LAND!

Watch the women win the Euros lol

The women's team are no joke. They'll happily put their shift in and put the men to shame.
  • yung$yung$ Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @toheeb27 @blue_london just saw some highlights with Cesc on chelsea's b/r page. Even though strikers are an issue I think 3-5-2 is the way forward.

With Cesc protected by Bakayoko and Kante centrally Moses/Alonso wide and Striker with Hazard free role behind(like Tevez had) Willian/Pedro can also play that role.

Just seeing Cesc collecting the ball and spraying 50 yard passes is an asset we have to take advantage of, Aubamayeng's speed as well Oh my, even Michy has speed and strength he is like Lukaku before he left. I think we should keep him and work with him
    One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain - Bob Marley.....
  • blue_londonblue_london Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yung$ wrote: »
    @toheeb27 @blue_london just saw some highlights with Cesc on chelsea's b/r page. Even though strikers are an issue I think 3-5-2 is the way forward.

With Cesc protected by Bakayoko and Kante centrally Moses/Alonso wide and Striker with Hazard free role behind(like Tevez had) Willian/Pedro can also play that role.

Just seeing Cesc collecting the ball and spraying 50 yard passes is an asset we have to take advantage of, Aubamayeng's speed as well Oh my, even Michy has speed and strength he is like Lukaku before he left. I think we should keep him and work with him

Cesc should be captain.... But we need a replacement if he gets injured who do we have that can do that job