What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Replies

• 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yung$ wrote: »
    @toheeb27 @blue_london just saw some highlights with Cesc on chelsea's b/r page. Even though strikers are an issue I think 3-5-2 is the way forward.

With Cesc protected by Bakayoko and Kante centrally Moses/Alonso wide and Striker with Hazard free role behind(like Tevez had) Willian/Pedro can also play that role.

Just seeing Cesc collecting the ball and spraying 50 yard passes is an asset we have to take advantage of, Aubamayeng's speed as well Oh my, even Michy has speed and strength he is like Lukaku before he left. I think we should keep him and work with him

Hmm, interesting. That was how Conte used Pirlo when he was at Juventus. Had Pirlo as the deep-Lying playmaker and had Marchisio and Vidal support him defensively. This lead Pirlo to have some of his best seasons of his career.
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
    toheeb27northside7Valentinez A. KaiserdontdiedontkillanyonFigo
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold cup quarterfinals

July 19 – Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia

Costa Rica vs. Panama
    United States vs. El Salvador
    July 20 – University of Phoenix Stadium, Arizona
    Canada vs. Jamaica
    Mexico vs. Honduras

@Young_Chitlin you going to any games??

Perhaps
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• yung$yung$ Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yung$ wrote: »
    @toheeb27 @blue_london just saw some highlights with Cesc on chelsea's b/r page. Even though strikers are an issue I think 3-5-2 is the way forward.

With Cesc protected by Bakayoko and Kante centrally Moses/Alonso wide and Striker with Hazard free role behind(like Tevez had) Willian/Pedro can also play that role.

Just seeing Cesc collecting the ball and spraying 50 yard passes is an asset we have to take advantage of, Aubamayeng's speed as well Oh my, even Michy has speed and strength he is like Lukaku before he left. I think we should keep him and work with him

Cesc should be captain.... But we need a replacement if he gets injured who do we have that can do that job

Switch to 3-4-3
    One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain - Bob Marley.....
    toheeb27blue_london
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manchester United have agreed to up their bid of £47m for Inter's Ivan Perisic, reports the Star, and the Premier League giants are confident of wrapping up a deal for the Croatian winger in the next 48 hours.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

Bayer Leverkusen and Wolfsburg have joined Tottenham in the race for AC Milan (and former Liverpool) creator Suso, who could be available at £20m in the wake of the Rossoneri's spending spree, TalkSport cites Corriere dello Sport as reporting.

Leicester are attempting to hijack Everton's move for Gylfi Sigurdsson by offering the Swansea talisman £125,000 a week, writes the Mail.

Manchester City are closing in on a £50m deal for Monaco's Benjamin Mendy, according to the Independent, with "only the minor details of the deal remain to be agreed."

hqg-277.gif

• blue_londonblue_london Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1CK1S wrote: »

Wenger doing miracles with pennies meanwhile city are underachieving
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 24,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arsenal needs to stop fucking around and have a north American tour.
    edited July 17
    Juventus are "very close to reaching an agreement" with AC Milan over full-back Mattia De Sciglio, reports Gianluca Di Marzio, with a price set to be finalised around the €12m mark.

Napoli have rejected a £2.6m bid from Manchester City for goalkeeper Pepe Reina, reports the Mirror, with the Italian club willing to do business at £4.5m. The report goes on to state that with Ederson Moraes likely to be Pep Guardiola's No. 1, and with this latest bid for Reina, City are listening to offers for Claudio Bravo.

West Ham are "confident" of securing the signature of Bayer Leverkusen striker Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez and could announce the Mexico international's arrival as soon as the end of the week, according to the Mirror.

hqg-277.gif

hqg-277.gif

A couple of things....

Arsenal is now allowing Sanchez to leave, only they won't sell him to a league rival. PSG is back in for him and he's open to going.
    Also Arsenal are now planning on bidding 80 million for Lemar
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word on the innanets is PSG gonna bid 222m for Neymar
    blue_london
    Jack Wilshere is a man in demand it seems, with Sky Sports reporting that Sampdoria have offered £6 million plus £1.5m in add-ons for the Arsenal midfielder

hqg-277.gif

@chgarcia345 Jefferson Farfan will be returning to the national team against Bolivia and Ecuador

hqg-277.gif

HundredEyes
  • blue_londonblue_london Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack Wilshere is a man in demand it seems, with Sky Sports reporting that Sampdoria have offered £6 million plus £1.5m in add-ons for the Arsenal midfielder

Would be a great move for him should of made the move last season
  • Valentinez A. KaiserValentinez A. Kaiser Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would be a great move for him should of made the move last season

roma wanted him last season.....but you know bournemouth lol

irony of it is if eddie howe wanted him, he could have pursued him but he didn't so what did last season do for him...except show he could last for a season relatively injury free (i distinctly recall him being injured against spurs and getting stick while at it)