What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Replies

• dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballon d'Or makes no sense

It's a waste of fucking time. I don't know why they even bother with it any more.
    blue_london
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walcott's hair is annoying.
  • blue_londonblue_london Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can arsenal fans educate me on the Wilshire love? He's good but arsenal fans give the world-class talk about him
    Can arsenal fans educate me on the Wilshire love? He's good but arsenal fans give the world-class talk about him

No one in the Arsenal squad carries the ball from the midfield like he does... Actually, no one in the England team carries the ball from the midfield like he does. He's always on the move, he's always creating, he bossed it tonight and scored a quality goal against a team I've never heard of.

If he hasn't broken his ankles by the end of the season then he should be on the plane to Russia.
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulo Dybala: Choosing Italy over Argentina would've been deceit.
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

CeLLaR-DooR
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

*cough* Costa *cough*
    Young_Chitlin
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

*cough* Costa *cough*

And Lapadula

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I realise I'm talking to myself.

No sweat bro, u can never be as bad as @Young_Chitlin or myself....
    Young_ChitlindontdiedontkillanyonHundredEyes

No one in the Arsenal squad carries the ball from the midfield like he does... Actually, no one in the England team carries the ball from the midfield like he does. He's always on the move, he's always creating, he bossed it tonight and scored a quality goal against a team I've never heard of.

If he hasn't broken his ankles by the end of the season then he should be on the plane to Russia.

dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited December 8
    So now they took away the WTF button for reactions what the fuck

hqg-277.gif

CeLLaR-DooRValentinez A. KaiserHundredEyes
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least nosign is back
    Former U.S. national team goalkeeper Hope Solo says she's running for president of U.S. Soccer.

Solo made the announcement Thursday night on Facebook. It comes less than a week after current U.S. Soccer Federation President Sunil Gulati said he will not seek a fourth term. His decision came in the wake of the October failure of the U.S. men's team to qualify for the 2018 World Cup.

"I know exactly what U.S. Soccer needs to do, I know exactly how to do it, and I possess the fortitude to get it done," Solo said in the post.

The 36-year-old Solo anchored the U.S. team in goal during its 2015 Women's World Cup championship run.

hqg-277.gif

toheeb27Valentinez A. Kaiserdontdiedontkillanyon
    FIFA suspends Peruvian forward Paolo Guerrero for 1 year

hqg-277.gif

chgarcia345HundredEyes Valentinez A. Kaiserdontdiedontkillanyon
    Cagones FIFA de merda CONCHATUMADRE

hqg-277.gif

hqg-277.gif

• Valentinez A. KaiserValentinez A. Kaiser Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

por qué?
    Looks like it will be a struggle to keep two Belgium players next season
    toheeb27Valentinez A. Kaiser

por qué?

Doping

hqg-277.gif

• DNB1DNB1 Still nigga... Posts: 19,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ronaldo says he is the most complete player in history. HISTORY!!

Agree or disagree??
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Ronaldo says he is the most complete player in history. HISTORY!!

Agree or disagree??

He's done a marketing course and boosting his profile
    Valentinez A. Kaiserdontdiedontkillanyon
    Looks like it will be a struggle to keep two Belgium players next season
    The Belgium international has just 18 months left on his Stamford Bridge deal and revealed last week that extension talks had hit a wall with negotiations set to resume at the end of the season.

Courtois, who earns £100,000 a week on his current deal, rejected the club's proposed offer back in May because it was below his wage demands of £200,000.

The Blues may not be able to retain his services anyway, even if they did offer him a new lucrative deal.
    While Courtois is committed to the club he's been at since 2011 and where he's won two Premier League trophies in the last three seasons, he has two young children who live in Madrid.

Courtois met their mother, Marta Dominguez, during his loan spell at Atletico Madrid. Though the pair separated in April, she resides with their son and daughter in the Spanish capital.
    Due to the strenuous schedule of Premier League football, Courtois rarely gets to spend time with his two children and has admitted that is becoming a serious issue.
    There is however, a move that coincides with his wishes to see his children more - Real Madrid.

You need to get rid sensibly next Summer and not make a situation that will Costa (pun intended!)
    Unless De Gea goes first to RM which would close the door...
    @bigev240

You need a striker in Jan so here's a shopping list of potential options:

Giroud - Arsenal (his wife says to Everton "Va te faire foutre!")
    M. Dembele - Celtic (can he cut it in the Prem? Plus why leave a guaranteed trophy at the end of the season side)
    D. Sturridge - Liverpool (unlikely due to Pool ties)
    T. Deeney - Watford (I like him but I don't see him as the prolific man you need)
    Aubameyang - B.Dortmund (personally don't see why he would, top striker that would get the goals no doubt but would probably demand a shit load and be a pain to deal with...remind you of anyone?)

Who do you fancy?
    MUSONDA just renewed his contract, YES!!!!!!!!!

Fuck off Arsenal, he is not going anywhere.....

Well, he is most likely going on loan in January...

Man, if Conte stays, he most likely goes on another loan in the summer

Damn, then he gets pissed off after that (he is Belgian), and demands a transfer to Arsenal, FUCK!!!!!!!
    blue_londondontdiedontkillanyon
    Hazard obsession with zidane is unhealthy
    toheeb27CeLLaR-DooRyung$TheRicanKing