What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

National Guard, Air Force Reserve or Army Reserve?

silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 5 in For The Grown & Sexy
Considering all three right now. Nothing else is working. Currently a senior in college but can't finish because shit is too expensive in Atlanta and I'm 28k in loans. Current GPA is 3.7. current major is Management Information Systems. Job experience heavy in data entry, admin and operations support, as well as business development. Does anyone has advice that would be the best choice? I would like to make a decision by August.

Thanks IC

Replies

• VulcanRavenVulcanRaven I don't knowPosts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you been putting in applications? You should be able to get a job easily.
    onetoughmiraclea.mannFresh91
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you ever been/lived in Atlanta?
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Air force reserve is the easiest with more bitches

I gotta girl. I'm just trying to go with the most finical gain, cert opportunities, and will help with my loans.
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven I don't knowPosts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    silverfoxx wrote: »

People are moving to Atlanta for better opportunities. Never lived there but it was an option. Just move. I need to leave my area myself.
    silverfoxx
  • JonnyRoccITJonnyRoccIT . . . Player Shit ONLY . ZONE 6 Atlanta, GAPosts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You going for a job or you going for them to pay off the rest of your student loans.?
    "GOD BLESS THE COLLAR POP . . ."

tumblr_mv8yr1BrOZ1qmwidzo1_500.gif
  • caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress! Posts: 21,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6
    Air force reserve, or navy reserve. @silverfoxx
    Never join anything army or marine related unless you are trying to go to the middle east.

I am in the navy reserve and I have been to Kuwait, Germany, Hawaii, Florida, California, the whole northeast, and other parts of Georgia on the Navy dime.

I could have went to other places but I have a family.

Answer this for me.
    What are your short term and long term goals for your career?
    slucrr7ld6jl.jpeg
    The IC Law (please read before posting)

You have the right to remain silent.
    Anything you say can and will be used against you in the threads of the IC.
    If you are a female, You have the right to talk to another poster and have him present with you during an exposure.
    If you do not have another poster to save you, one will be appointed to represent you, if you post a proof pic of yourself with a timestamp. Representation will be aquired if your pic is deemed simp worthy. All posters are consider a male until a proof pic or vid is provided.

The Intelligent Waiver

Do you understand each of these rights as I have explained them to you?
    Having these rights in mind, do you wish to post a proof pic(for females) or tell us your personal story now?

Old Poster admission
    There is a chance that I am your Daddy. What is your momma name again?

silverfoxx
  • PlutarchPlutarch A Tribe Called Fresh Philly, PA, by way of Ca$hville, TNPosts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Air Force all day

If youre in MIS get your SQL game on point along with some scripting (php, python, ruby) and you can start with at least 20+...In retail IT thats where the money is, location might be ur biggest obstacle

Huh?

Where did I lose you

Heh, I'm just being an asshole. I just don't know what the bolded mean, those abbreviations and "python" and "ruby" mean. Thought they might be military terms but seems like IT lingo?
    Qiv_OwanRasta.
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Air Force all day

If youre in MIS get your SQL game on point along with some scripting (php, python, ruby) and you can start with at least 20+...In retail IT thats where the money is, location might be ur biggest obstacle

Huh?

Where did I lose you

Heh, I'm just being an asshole. I just don't know what the bolded mean, those abbreviations and "python" and "ruby" mean. Thought they might be military terms but seems like IT lingo?

Yea IT lingo
    tumblr_m5ems1iw2F1qi26lwo1_500.gif
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif

People are moving to Atlanta for better opportunities. Never lived there but it was an option. Just move. I need to leave my area myself.

Exactly brother. Most folks move to ATL on a job offer. My advice? Don't move here then look for a job. Hella competitive.
    You going for a job or you going for them to pay off the rest of your student loans.?

Both
    caddo man wrote: »
    Never join anything army or marine related unless you are trying to go to the middle east.

I am in the navy reserve and I have been to Kuwait, Germany, Hawaii, Florida, California, the whole northeast, and other parts of Georgia on the Navy dime.

Answer this for me.

I'ma be completely honest with you my new Orleans fam, I'm open minded. I've made alot of goals in my life, almost none of them has gone how I wanted them to go. As far as MIS, shit is strictly for financial gain, traveling, and helping people. My passion involves in none of this shit, so I'm practically open minded to working in a position where I'm making a difference, and getting paid comfortable for it. I ain't no macho ass American, I'm strictly in because life is a game of finesse. I wanna get in, and get out and have a more competitive resume and work opportunities
    none of the above.

Advice? Because I'm running out of options here fam.
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 12,688 Regulator
    I was thinking of going navy corpsman when I finished school but yea this
    Under this administration?!?!!

The fucking coast guard.

Local pararescue with the fire dept.

Fuck the current commander in chief.

We gon be fucked for years to come no more military for me
    silverfoxx
  • MARIO_DROMARIO_DRO Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering all three right now. Nothing else is working. Currently a senior in college but can't finish because shit is too expensive in Atlanta and I'm 28k in loans. Current GPA is 3.7. current major is Management Information Systems. Job experience heavy in data entry, admin and operations support, as well as business development. Does anyone has advice that would be the best choice? I would like to make a decision by August.

Thanks IC

BRUH, WILL ALL THAT YOU HAVE GOING ON FOR YOURSELF, THE RESERVES AINT GONE HELP... U CAN GO ACTIVE, BUT I KNOW U DONT WANNA DO THAT
    iw23gx.jpg
    a.manndamnkpmc317
  • caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress! Posts: 21,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

Answer this for me.

I'ma be completely honest with you my new Orleans fam, I'm open minded. I've made alot of goals in my life, almost none of them has gone how I wanted them to go. As far as MIS, shit is strictly for financial gain, traveling, and helping people. My passion involves in none of this shit, so I'm practically open minded to working in a position where I'm making a difference, and getting paid comfortable for it. I ain't no macho ass American, I'm strictly in because life is a game of finesse. I wanna get in, and get out and have a more competitive resume and work opportunities

So If you score high enough on the ASVAB you can get a job in Intelligence. Most if not all the people I know that is in that field have job making 70-90, 000 a year after doing 6 good years.

I currently pushing to my sailors to this route. The ARMY, Air Force and Navy all have this type of jobs but the Air Force and Navy have the better track record of having cushy jobs.

The Air Force is the hardest to get in but the best afterwards. They take care of their people. PERIOD!
    As I stated earlier, I have traveled the world with the Navy.

Let me know if you are serious and I will get you some info to make a decision. It is alot to consider.
    slucrr7ld6jl.jpeg
    The IC Law (please read before posting)

You have the right to remain silent.
    Anything you say can and will be used against you in the threads of the IC.
    If you are a female, You have the right to talk to another poster and have him present with you during an exposure.
    If you do not have another poster to save you, one will be appointed to represent you, if you post a proof pic of yourself with a timestamp. Representation will be aquired if your pic is deemed simp worthy. All posters are consider a male until a proof pic or vid is provided.

The Intelligent Waiver

Do you understand each of these rights as I have explained them to you?
    Having these rights in mind, do you wish to post a proof pic(for females) or tell us your personal story now?

Old Poster admission
    There is a chance that I am your Daddy. What is your momma name again?

silverfoxxBeech Oss Neegaspit_fiya
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

Answer this for me.

So If you score high enough on the ASVAB you can get a job in Intelligence. Most if not all the people I know that is in that field have job making 70-90, 000 a year after doing 6 good years.

I currently pushing to my sailors to this route. The ARMY, Air Force and Navy all have this type of jobs but the Air Force and Navy have the better track record of having cushy jobs.

The Air Force is the hardest to get in but the best afterwards. They take care of their people. PERIOD!
    As I stated earlier, I have traveled the world with the Navy.

Let me know if you are serious and I will get you some info to make a decision. It is alot to consider.

It's because in MI you going to get that TS clearance which is worth a lot of money by itself
    caddo man
  • The_JackalThe_Jackal Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6
    I tell niggas Army Reserves is the way to go.

To keep it 100 though I switched over and signed an ROTC contract to commission. If your in college there is LITERALLY no reason to not do ROTC.

Beyond Good and Evil
    Ephesians 6:10
    Black_Samsonaneed123caddo man