God's Son vs Get Rich Or Die Trying

Replies

• youngnickyoungnick NJPosts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Get Rich Or Die Trying
    Nas the GOAT but GRODT is a top 10 album.
    blue_londonilledoutTheGOATsapp08_2001CashmoneyDuxStewBobOblahRevolver Ocelot5 Grandrip.dillaCeLLaR-DooRSolitary SoldierWhoisDonG???Alpha_Ambition
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 6,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Rich Or Die Trying
    GRODT still gettin played. Cant say the same for God's Son
    illedout5 Grandrip.dillaCashmoneyDuxonetoughmiracleSolitary SoldierL3NU
  • GetoBoyGetoBoy M.O.B. Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Rich Or Die Trying
    GRODT is a classic album I wasn't one of its biggest fans but can't take that away from it..... God's Son was a cool album but I can't put a coo album over a classic in this case
  • BedStuyBedStuy My caliber, got me thinking on a higher algebra Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14
    God's Son
    BedStuy wrote: »
    God's Son is one of my favorite nas albums.
    35cepdu.jpg
    rigfuv.jpg
    2i6ysxt.jpg
    flym2v.jpg
    21o4lrr.jpg
    o8ihl0.jpg
    10sdxjs.jpg

A magazine called Felon that caters to hip hop is racist as fuck
    From
    Every
    Level
    Of
    Neighborhoods

Its not that serious. It's just a street magazine that's in most subway newsstands

This is the owner.

tumblr_oevnc1iVjw1vet0bvo1_1280.jpg
    power_wisdom
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 42,558 Regulator
    Get Rich Or Die Trying
    God's Son is one of my favorite nas albums.
    35cepdu.jpg
    rigfuv.jpg
    2i6ysxt.jpg
    flym2v.jpg
    21o4lrr.jpg
    o8ihl0.jpg
    10sdxjs.jpg

A magazine called Felon that caters to hip hop is racist as fuck
    From
    Every
    Level
    Of
    Neighborhoods

Its not that serious. It's just a street magazine that's in most subway newsstands

This is the owner.

He could have picked a better name.

Fuck you, I'm a mod
  • Soloman_The_WiseSoloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Puget SoundPosts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God's Son
    Both Dope albums but Gods Son marked a crossover time into my top 6 for Nasir before the subsequent works made him part of the HipHop Trinity of essential artists I listen to daily...
    The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows another way...

Originally Posted by south4life

"I'm not a drug dealer but, I'm cool with alot of street niggas...
    cause they respect the fact that I'm real with them, I'm not trying to be something I ain't.
    I'm cool with alot of street niggas here too cause, I come off as just being me and when I see them I holla and keep it moving. That's what's wrong with everybody now, they make being a gangsta or thug as the benchmark of being real. U know what's real, a nigga working a 9 to 5, busting his ass everyday without having to break a law."

The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows a better way...

I do not hate White People, Hell I regularly enjoy many White Women intimately, But I cannot stand Wiggers, RedNecks, or any Fag White Boys that do not Know there Place in shit...
  • BOSSExcellenceBOSSExcellence all these dollars.. no sense. Posts: 22,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Rich Or Die Trying
    never heard the other album..

dont plan on it either..
    TOO REAL for IC
    #TEAMDRAGONSnSHIT
    #TargGangyabish
    Stewmetal face terroristWeazelachewon87rip.dillaTurfaholicblackgod813AggieLean.BenjaminESolitary SoldierAlpha_Ambition MallyG
  • Preach2TeachPreach2Teach I can't swim but my soul wont drown. Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost voted for Get Rich then I almost voted God's son, I just can't choose! love both albums too much so fuck your poll.
    tumblr_mkjxwejtaA1r6y219o1_500.gif
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God's Son
    Wow!

This is the closest poll I've ever seen.

At the time of this post God's Son is winning 30-29
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

• goldenjagoldenja Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God's Son
    Push
    goldentouchphotography.com
    5 Grandachewon87
  • grYmesgrYmes Diversify your bonds...Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15
    God's Son
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    These aint even for the same moods so I can't vote

Co-sign. They're great albums but in they're own ways. Guess if I gotta pick I'll go with Gods Son for being consistent lyrically & still having mostly sold/great production.
    Check out my blog "Shit Done Changed". As I go through the most member able albums of hip hop history year-by-year.

http://ishdonechanged.blogspot.com/
  • gemini86gemini86 Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Rich Or Die Trying
    Get Rich Or Die Trying wasn't for me

I'm glad u admit it. This poll is stupid because something's just shouldnt be compared. God son didn't have the impact, the units, or the hits to go up against Get Rich. And I'm a big nas fan.

5 GrandStewblackgod813bck145onetoughmiracle
    God's Son
    This thread serves as proof that God's Son should be in The Vault
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

illedoutgoldenjapower_wisdomGetoBoykingtob330Stewbck145onetoughmiracleSolitary SoldierBDBIID
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 19,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Rich Or Die Trying
    Stillmatic the first Nas album I listened to. God's Son was a disappointment outside of "I Can" & "Made You Look".
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
    onetoughmiracle
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 7,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God's Son
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Stillmatic the first Nas album I listened to. God's Son was a disappointment outside of "I Can" & "Made You Look".

How is that possible u aint listen to illmatic
    God's Son
    Turfaholic wrote: »

How is that possible u aint listen to illmatic

He was 13 in 2003
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

blackgod813onetoughmiracleChiCity
  • DR. JEKDR. JEK Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15
    Get Rich Or Die Trying
    You gotta put Get Rich or die trying against a way better Nas album like "It was written" or "Stillmatic" .....fuckin shit I think went Diamond I think for crying out loud, come on now, God Son ain't beating what that album did and I'm a fan of Nas.
  • power_wisdompower_wisdom Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16
    God's Son
    GRODT was dope. Really dope. But it didn't draw on your emotions like GS. The story telling and lyricist is on another level against 50 debut. Production was tight on both. God Son was more introspective and well rounded. It had bangers, conscience, songs, personal songs, songs for the ladies.
    5 GrandonetoughmiracleChiCitySolitary Soldier
  • power_wisdompower_wisdom Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God's Son
    bck145 wrote: »
    Is God's son turning into the next it was written....where it didn't have an impact yet years later ppl are pretending it's a classic album?

When the last time and what album had impact in the the world or even hip hop community ?
    WhoisDonG???