What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

X charged with tax evasion

13»

Replies

• englishdudeenglishdude Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15
    JJ_Evans wrote: »

***This post is for the mods and posters of the Reason.

Although he's leaving a courthouse, DMX looks clean and sober in this video. He seems upbeat and excited about his new album that will be dropping soon.

What I'm asking of you mods is this............

Sticky his album the moment the title is released. It doesn't matter who makes the thread, but it needs to immediately be stickied and should remain there a month after the actual album is released.

What I'm asking of of the reason posters is this........

Purchase his album. Spend a couple dollars to support the man. Even if you find a leaked link first, still go out and buy the physical version when it drops.

Just like Game and Hov dropped A1 comeback albums, I know DMX has it in him also. With Swizz beats signed on to produce this album, it should be a banger. DMX is arguably the realest nigga to ever touch a microphone and he's a pillar of Hip Hop. I think he deserves our full support.

donate_panel%20save%20the%20children.gif

This reads like a charity commercial, fuck Swiss beats too.
    BetaL3NU
  • Preach2TeachPreach2Teach I can't swim but my soul wont drown. Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayo fuck this nigga!

What do you think pays for roads, hospitals, schools, health inspectors, firemen, fuck po po. Pay your fucking taxes rich assholes.

Yes and that's not all the tax money is spent on it also buys private jets, fast cars, mansions and other expensive shit for those at the top, the money spent on the community is just crumbs from the cake, do you guys pay road tax in America like we do in the UK? they take too much so fuck them scummy cunts, can't wait to hear that new DMX album woof woof woof grrrr!!!!
    tumblr_mkjxwejtaA1r6y219o1_500.gif
  • JJ_EvansJJ_Evans Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJ_Evans wrote: »

***This post is for the mods and posters of the Reason.

Although he's leaving a courthouse, DMX looks clean and sober in this video. He seems upbeat and excited about his new album that will be dropping soon.

What I'm asking of you mods is this............

Sticky his album the moment the title is released. It doesn't matter who makes the thread, but it needs to immediately be stickied and should remain there a month after the actual album is released.

What I'm asking of of the reason posters is this........

Purchase his album. Spend a couple dollars to support the man. Even if you find a leaked link first, still go out and buy the physical version when it drops.

Just like Game and Hov dropped A1 comeback albums, I know DMX has it in him also. With Swizz beats signed on to produce this album, it should be a banger. DMX is arguably the realest nigga to ever touch a microphone and he's a pillar of Hip Hop. I think he deserves our full support.

donate_panel%20save%20the%20children.gif

This reads like a charity commercial, fuck Swiss beats too.

Explain.........
  • JJ_EvansJJ_Evans Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/16/arts/music/dmx-pleads-not-guilty-to-tax-fraud.html?mcubz=1
    DMX Pleads Not Guilty to Tax Fraud

The rapper DMX pleaded not guilty to 14 charges of tax fraud on Friday. After spending Thursday night in jail, he posted a $500,000 bond and was released. He is expected back in court on Monday, and faces up to 44 years in prison.

Prosecutors claim that the rapper, whose real name is Earl Simmons, avoided $1.7 million in taxes during the peak of his career from 2002 to 2005. “DMX allegedly went out of his way to evade taxes, including by avoiding personal bank accounts, setting up accounts in other’s names and paying personal expenses largely in cash,” the indictment reads. “Celebrity rapper or not, all Americans must pay their taxes.”

In addition to the tax evasion charges, Mr. Simmons has been charged with failing to file tax returns from 2010 through 2015, and with filing a false affidavit in United States Bankruptcy Court. The bail agreement stipulated that Mr. Simmons is confined to the New York City area. But his lawyer, Murray Richman, said that he would request permission for Mr. Simmons to travel to perform shows this summer.

Between 1998 and 2003, five of Mr. Simmons’s albums hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart. He also acted in the films “Romeo Must Die” and “Belly,” among others.

Following the hearing, Mr. Simmons told reporters that his religious faith was helping him cope with his legal troubles. “It’s allowed me to not be scared of the situation and face it head-on,” he said. “My life is in God’s hands.”
  • THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SAW DMX LIVE ON SATURDAY...
    FRESH OUT OF JAIL FOR REAL LOL...
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
  • ListencloserListencloser Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    Ayo fuck this nigga!

What do you think pays for roads, hospitals, schools, health inspectors, firemen, fuck po po. Pay your fucking taxes rich assholes.

Yes and that's not all the tax money is spent on it also buys private jets, fast cars, mansions and other expensive shit for those at the top, the money spent on the community is just crumbs from the cake, do you guys pay road tax in America like we do in the UK? they take too much so fuck them scummy cunts, can't wait to hear that new DMX album woof woof woof grrrr!!!!

You are totally right. The rich don’t pay their fair share to contribute to society and manipulate the laws so it benefits them. The solution is definitely not allowing rich assholes to get away with not paying the little that they are asked.

I don’t know how it is in th UK but in the states these fuckers take out taxes before regular folks get a paycheck.
    The Greatest Rapper Alive
    Damn
    4:44
    Wins & Losses
    All Amerikkkan Bada$$
    The Wild
    Drogas Light
  • twentyfivelighterstwentyfivelighters 'Sippi LandPosts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • x the unknownx the unknown Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Man if they every make a DMX biopic, that shits gonna be sad AF

They should get LT Hutton to do it

hell nah
    my top five
    1. nas
    2. styles p
    3. scarface
    4. skillz
    5. lloyd banks
    THE_R_
  • Preach2TeachPreach2Teach I can't swim but my soul wont drown. Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayo fuck this nigga!

You are totally right. The rich don’t pay their fair share to contribute to society and manipulate the laws so it benefits them. The solution is definitely not allowing rich assholes to get away with not paying the little that they are asked.

I don’t know how it is in th UK but in the states these fuckers take out taxes before regular folks get a paycheck.

It's the same over here we even have to pay for a TV license to watch TV, oh and if we wanna go fishing we need to buy a rod license, it wont be long before we need a toilet license to take a shit.
    tumblr_mkjxwejtaA1r6y219o1_500.gif
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayo fuck this nigga!

Not really.

Poor people think there should be a flat tax, like 20%.

Therefore if a poor person makes $20,000 per year, he should pay $4,000 in taxes and a person making $200,000 per year should pay $40,000.

But rich people think that paying $40,000 is 10X more than poor people pay. Why should a rich person pay 10X what a poor person pays?
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

• THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMX BIOPIC BEEN OUT...AND ITS HIS BEST FLICK

large_qL5Nr5uG5BaL6hfxpkAapPWQJ27.jpg
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
  • Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Posts: 11,951 Regulator
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Man if they every make a DMX biopic, that shits gonna be sad AF

They should get LT Hutton to do it

hell nah

Issa joke
  • ListencloserListencloser Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Ayo fuck this nigga!

Not really.

Poor people think there should be a flat tax, like 20%.

Therefore if a poor person makes $20,000 per year, he should pay $4,000 in taxes and a person making $200,000 per year should pay $40,000.

But rich people think that paying $40,000 is 10X more than poor people pay. Why should a rich person pay 10X what a poor person pays?

Flat tax is regressive taxation. Progressive taxation is the only moral tax system. If you make $25,000 a year and pay 20% that missing $5,000 effects you more that a person makin $1,500,000 and having to pay 50% on every dollar over 1 mil/ 30% on everything over $250k and 20% on under $250k.

Back in the FDR days rich motherfuckers where paying like 90% on income over 1 million and society considered it there patriotic duty.
    The Greatest Rapper Alive
    Damn
    4:44
    Wins & Losses
    All Amerikkkan Bada$$
    The Wild
    Drogas Light
13»