Chance the Rapper tells Justice League to pull up or lawyer up

Replies

• *~queenbee~**~queenbee~* Empress of the Seventh Planet UranusPosts: 2,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sion, how do feel about the situation? Do you think Chance deserves being exsposed for giving away free music? What say you?
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing producer made the beat but justice league placed it or added "post production" like what Khaled do on his own albums. I like chance paying the original producer but he couldn't have thought he'd escape this

No assistant production. The credits went down as Cam Obi of Justice League. Cam just had a wack ass contract that forced him to attach "of Justice League" to his productions and give them a cut.

I never knew Cam was affiliated with JL

Cam makes some of the smoothest and coldest beats, especially when it comes to Chi rappers
    tumblr_m5ems1iw2F1qi26lwo1_500.gif
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif
    mosincredibleChiCity
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 43,252 Regulator
    @Sion, how do feel about the situation? Do you think Chance deserves being exsposed for giving away free music? What say you?

To my knowledge on the matter, Chance is an independent rapper and PAID the correct producer for the sample because his business hand is strong and he's smart. Therefore there is nothing JL or any label can do about him giving away free music or copyrights. In fact, if Chance had a heart as cold as ice (no pun chill out @charles2 @2stepz_ahead double entendre dont eem ask me how !) he could actually sue JL for slander, false representation and more.

I like that Chance took the Sun Tzu approach (politic before you smoke em) by saying he could pull up or lawyer up. JL has no claim and the advantage is entirely in Chance's favour. JL is disgruntled because his money aint lookin good and producers like the 808 Mafia, Metro, etc are getting all the work from labels.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    LOLCL
  • ListencloserListencloser Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    Fuck Chance nigga overrated wack af

fixed that for you
    The Greatest Rapper Alive
    Damn
    4:44
    All Amerikkkan Bada$$
    The Wild
    Drogas Light
    DarthRozayCashmoneyDux
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An intern probably made the beat, and Chance implying he paid anyone probably wasn't a wise move.

A. its a free mixtape so that argument is out the window B. if he dealt with them to acquire the beat, legally he pays them, regardless of whoever made it.

If a nigga signed he signed, you dont get to interpret how you handle interactions with him cause you think you Robin Hood.

At any rate you know somebody hungry when they coming at you about some mixtape songs...

practice-o.gif?w=1000

16_1_2.gif
    FlightKing
  • TheGOATTheGOAT The ReasonPosts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay im confused... And looks like most people on Twitter are as well.

After a day of everyone thinking this was about Cam/CocoaButterKisses track JL says its about No Problems.

But No Problems was actually produced by BrassTracks who seem to be on Chance side not JL

Im lost
    ChiCity
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody story shaky, n I fool with justice league a lot more than chance but I think it's them
    Spodee-Revenge

Iamsu!-Compound

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

Yall want a thug or a black militant repping your culture but 90% of you had a life too good or privileged to relate to your ideal hip hop "legend". Niggas wanna be hard without being that hard themselves as compensation
    please don't argue, cuz if u say sum stupid i will question it and u will act like a victim, happens every time lol
    Valentinez A. KaiserDarthRozayCashmoneyDuxAggieLean.
  • trendsetta1030trendsetta1030 Where the money at...Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭
    Chance on his way 2 buyin sound cloud him n young thug got a song otw that's strictly 4 sound cloud he wan see is it worth investing
    CashmoneyDux
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chance on his way 2 buyin sound cloud him n young thug got a song otw that's strictly 4 sound cloud he wan see is it worth investing

Big B's

Dropped Saturday
    tumblr_m5ems1iw2F1qi26lwo1_500.gif
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif
    trendsetta1030
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~never listened to a chance song post~
    BetaAlpha_Ambition
  • TonyDubbzTonyDubbz Realest Nigga Livin' Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chance isn't wack. U niggas tripping. He ain't elite but dude makes some good songs

half these niggas just cosign shit to cosign and prolly aint even listened to but like 1 or 2 of dudes songs. Thats how I was when I first heard Acid Rap but that was just cause i aint like the first couple of songs i hear from the project but now that shit like one of my favorite mixtapes of all time
    9yra8oazt939.jpeg

tumblr_ljhxqfJwB71qhisruo1_500.gif
    [img][/img]1377736851_tumblr_m1gwskt4Bk1qdlfp4o1_500.gif

Sho’nuff: Am I the meanest?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Am I the prettiest?
    Sho’nuff: Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
    Sho’nuff: Well who am I?
    Sho’nuff: Who am I?
    Sho’nuff: I can’t hear you…
    BDBIIDCashmoneyDux
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't like chance = we haters

Ok
    tumblr_mldz8wN84X1rc2u19o2_400.gif

icUWzM.gif

Top 10:
    Jay Electronica
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Elzhi
    Phonte
    MF Doom
    Lil B
    Kebee
    Verbal Jint
    Wretch 32
    Peezy_Jenkins
    Budden is obviously cool with Justice League but glad he called them out for the why they handling this on their twitter feed with all the slander and pettiness

Its not helping their case. They just look salty as hell
    DarthRozayLOLCLChiCity
  • your flynessyour flyness Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Budden is obviously cool with Justice League but glad he called them out for the why they handling this on their twitter feed with all the slander and pettiness

Its not helping their case. They just look salty as hell

Im all about handling this type of stuff on the phone with each other. And JL is salty as hell no lie.

But just like in the Rocko/Future case, Im willing the bet JL has some signed contracts/paperwork to support their stance. And while Chance was being a stand-up dude paying the producer directly, thats not going to fly.

Its like being on child support, but giving your baby mama some money on the side, or buying some shoes. When she take you to court that shit dont count
    VYRD4.jpg
    gum989