What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Homeless vs Fiends

trendsetta1030trendsetta1030 Where the money at...Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Replies

• confucius_saysconfucius_says confucius says mind your businessPosts: 106 ✭✭
    A lot of fiends become homeless. But a lot of homeless have mental disabilities. I sometimes wonder what happen to their families
    Lou_Cypher
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 31,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of fiends become homeless. But a lot of homeless have mental disabilities. I sometimes wonder what happen to their families

do you think it happened over time as their mind had to adjust to how the world saw them?

i often wondered about their families aswell.

some will tell you their families gave up
    some will tell you their families their families dont know
    some would like to get back in touch.
    some cant get out of depression...
    some are fiends

some fell on very hard times.

a few visits to your local soup kitchen can answer this question and will put life into perspective.

you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

confucius_saysCashmoneyDuxblue_london
  • confucius_saysconfucius_says confucius says mind your businessPosts: 106 ✭✭
    For some, the family probably does give up on them or they come from a broken home. It depends on what disability they have. I work like 6 blocks from the white house and there are a few that set up shop across my building. Some have tents and some just sleep on the benches. This one guy talks to his self. Full deep convos about the gov. Sometimes he would come into out cafeteria for food. I never had a problem with it. But I am curious on his story. You can sometimes tell which ones have drug problems and which ones have mental disabilities. It usually gets worst over time. Maybe some that have mental issues are runaways.
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 31,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16
    3 whole words......

I don't know wtf this thread is about.

Lol. I kinda assumed he was asking what the difference was. But looking at the title, maybe op is asking who would win in a fight.

i look at it like an open ended question...where you fill in the blanks with the first thing that comes to mind.

its crazy....but being vague and open ended questions are a very powerful, yet very underestimated tool.

most people just dont know how to use it or respect it and put too much respect into someone being direct and blunt.

then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

PlutarchCashmoneyDuxfelliwonda
  • trendsetta1030trendsetta1030 Where the money at...Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 whole words......

I don't know wtf this thread is about.

3 words respond
    Fuck outta here
    jetlifebih
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homeless nuggas get bitches
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
    trendsetta1030
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're living on the streets and dont do drugs, I am impressed
    16_1_2.gif
    blue_londonG.Avant
  • Beech Oss NeegaBeech Oss Neega Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is for all the shit this country talks about in regards to honoring servicemen and women they homeless population seems to be disproportionately filled with vets...

This country don't give a fuck about vets. They just say all that patriotic bullshit cuz it sounds good and seems like the right thing to do. They only half way give a fuck about military when you're on active duty, but not enough to not your ass off to war. Once you're discharged and out of the spotlight though you're on your own, there's programs designed for you to succeed out here but alot of guys just can't deal with having to make their own decisions and just don't use the resources that are available to them.. Most of the homeless vets you see either got ptsd and are fucked in the head or they were infantry or something and didn't learn a skill that translates to the civilian sector while they were in the service....or both.

texas409MallyG
  • blue_londonblue_london Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

100% agree don't get how people look down on them trying to escape their life. Meanwhile the person with a stable life has a bad day and feels the need to drink
    blackgod813LOLCLfuc_i_look_like
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiends and addicts. Stay the fuck away from me.
  • blue_londonblue_london Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also when people say dumb stuff like I prefer they saved their money . What banks are letting homeless people open accounts
    trendsetta1030LOLCL
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the problem is that vets think that after they come home everything should be handed to them. The reality is that there is money and funding for these vets but they have to wait in line and fill out a lot of forms. I know because I was hospitalized and while I was in the hospital I filled out a gang of forms. But after a while I got section 8 housing, SSI and food stamps. At that point I was in a stable enough environment to go to the local community college and apply for student loans and federal grants. So those programs are available to anybody.

Section 8
    SSI/SSD
    Food Stamps
    Student loans
    Federal grants

^^^ Those programs are available to anybody who qualifies. But you have to wait in line and fill out a gang of forms.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

• 808HiLife808808HiLife808 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    Over here its expensive as shit. There are whole families living in the tent cities..with pets and all. No mental disorders, drugs, or anything. They just cant afford the rent. Shits crazy, their tents are like full on houses. They separate their areas with pallets, make gates. I went running through there one night and it was movie night. Had a big ass tv and a generator.

The chronics/fiends...fuck them
    Over here its expensive as shit. There are whole families living in the tent cities..with pets and all. No mental disorders, drugs, or anything. They just cant afford the rent. Shits crazy, their tents are like full on houses. They separate their areas with pallets, make gates. I went running through there one night and it was movie night. Had a big ass tv and a generator.

over her where? streets of paris? calais?

where?

over her where? streets of paris? calais?

where?

Hawaii
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're the same thing usually.
  • DoubleShotHelixDoubleShotHelix Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

Facts... I lived in Honolulu for 2 years... I come back stateside I'm like yo.... Hawaii is beautiful but it's legit like a 3rd world country sitting on a resort. Like there cacs have priced everyone out the market... I used to box over there and I'd ride my motorbike to my gym cause u know going anywhere in a car takes forever. And I'd go on this bike trail close to the gym and there was legit like a whole tent city on the bank of the water and the ppl were living there just like shit was normal. Shit was a major culture shock to me.
    808HiLife808MallyG
  • rickmogulrickmogul IFNOTYNOT Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man fuck them! Slant the view to 180 degrees. Do u think any of these folks would help yo black ass? Nothing 2 C here, clear the area. Literally!
  • brown321brown321 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah. If you fall off and turn to drugs that's some weak shit.
    Basically guaranteeing you going to stay in a fucked up position.
  • C da Night KingC da Night King Antisocial Extrovert Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I feel like being homeless would be so freeing. I'd never do it though. I couldn't beg and I love my family.
    fuc_i_look_like
  • FosheezyFosheezy AKA Flying Wonders the Diamond Mind Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brown321 wrote: »

Nah. If you fall off and turn to drugs that's some weak shit.
    Basically guaranteeing you going to stay in a fucked up position.

Exactly. Drugs will just medicate them into complacency on some depressive I deserve to die shit, thus no changes. On the other side, making a firm decision to stay away from drugs would lead to wanting to do whatever necessary to change the situation so you can feel the true reward for getting out. I think that's a more inspirational way to look at it.
    charles2 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like being homeless would be so freeing. I'd never do it though. I couldn't beg and I love my family.

you dont have to beg..keep your job a go off the grid