What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

What are blacks native to other countries identified as?

2»

Replies

• UndefeatableUndefeatable Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to stop non-sense of calling or not calling people 'black' based on where they are from.

Doesn't matter if you are from Barbados, Nigeria or the USA, if you are of African descent (not counting those of who are barely 'black' such as mixed people), you are black.

Now if you want to distinguish those of African descent who are Americans from those who are from Nigeria or Canada or whatever, then you can use African American, Nigerian, or African Canadian or whatever.
    b'mer...
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to stop non-sense of calling or not calling people 'black' based on where they are from.

Doesn't matter if you are from Barbados, Nigeria or the USA, if you are of African descent (not counting those of who are barely 'black' such as mixed people), you are black.

Now if you want to distinguish those of African descent who are Americans from those who are from Nigeria or Canada or whatever, then you can use African American, Nigerian, or African Canadian or whatever.

Interesting...
    tumblr_mldz8wN84X1rc2u19o2_400.gif

icUWzM.gif

Top 10:
    Jay Electronica
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Elzhi
    Phonte
    MF Doom
    Lil B
    Kebee
    Verbal Jint
    Wretch 32
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 31,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    the only way to solve this in some degree is to willfuly learn about urfamily history and embrace it.

but how do we know such history is right?
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

• luke1733luke1733 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    b'mer... wrote: »
    I was curious about this, so i googled it. I came across this response.
    https://www.quora.com/What-are-black-people-referred-to-as-in-countries-outside-the-United-States

I agreed with most of it...

In Panama Blacks are called West Indian.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think outside of the US people are alot more inclined to just stick to their nationality as opposed to ethnicity like in the states.

Now of course people have other modifiers to specify what group they associate with, but for the most part state pride takes precedent.
    16_1_2.gif
  • Rasta.Rasta. Mt. ZionPosts: 9,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Fun fact.. we are referred to whatever our oppressor named us!!!!

soo.... nigger?

Naw.. I'm talking names like Ghana, African, Jamaica, hatitian etc .. are names give by the white man

Ghana is not a name given by the whiteman...it was a Title of the kings back in the Empires of Songhai @Olorun22
  • Mseries_Mseries_ Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black by White people. I feel like it only been cool to be Jamaican Haitian African ( Nigerian, Ghanian Somali? Hmm maybe no diss...................) for the last 10 years because African Americans, negroes, coloreds blacks 5/6 generations deep, weren't really fucking with blacks that emmigrated to America, still aren't in certain areas.
2»