Who Is Smarter - A Ph.D With No Kids or a High School Diploma With 10 Kids?

Replies

• jetlifebihjetlifebih Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    High School Diploma With 10 Kids Is Smarter
    Westie wrote: »
    Y'all are making me feel crazy because I feel like this question is stupid as fuck and I'm really trying to make logical sense out of it.

Question doesn't make sense to me either

I'm just playing along....your right neither is objectively right....but what do you think???
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a ph.d??

Why in tf would you bring a kid to the world when you're studying? You're just making it harder for yourself.

As if books and time doesn't cost enough. Now you want to have 10 extra mouths to feed while studying?

Please tell me you're trolling

lol it's not hard at all....just be dedicated and disciplined....I swear it's really not hard...in fact 98% of doctors don't bring anything new to the field...it's all built off previous work....so how hard could it be or how smart do you have to be?? And if you haven't even completed a college course or at least your associates and your saying a doctorate is too hard, somebody cheated you...
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Zuckerberg nor Jobs finished college, nor did Bill Gates

And in 100 yrs we won't know or give a shit about their kids cuz more than likely they won't do 1/10th of what their parents achieved.

Seems like the only reason t/s brought this up is to say why not have kids so you can pass it on to your kids, which is fair. But if you have nothing to pass on, what's the point of having kids?

To give the greatest gift ever given to you....

Y'all ungrateful fucks are lucky your parents didn't have the same mindset y'all had...y'all ancestors are cursing y'all tf out....

If there is anything you could do it's to pass on the gift of life
  • WestieWestie Whore Savant the vagina nebulaPosts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Y'all are making me feel crazy because I feel like this question is stupid as fuck and I'm really trying to make logical sense out of it.

I'm just playing along....your right neither is objectively right....but what do you think???

Why in tf would you bring a kid to the world when you're studying? You're just making it harder for yourself.

As if books and time doesn't cost enough. Now you want to have 10 extra mouths to feed while studying?

lol it's not hard at all....just be dedicated and disciplined....I swear it's really not hard...in fact 98% of doctors don't bring anything new to the field...it's all built off previous work....so how hard could it be or how smart do you have to be?? And if you haven't even completed a college course or at least your associates and your saying a doctorate is too hard, somebody cheated you...

I think having 10 kids is stupid af in general. 10???? Mannnnn. And that's coming from someone with 3. So I'mma have to go with that.
    male-tears-2.jpg
    (Nope)JoshuaMoshua

I think having 10 kids is stupid af in general. 10???? Mannnnn. And that's coming from someone with 3. So I'mma have to go with that.

Imo the black family was the strongest when mamaw had 10 kids, or she was the 10th kid....and this was before phds and contraception became popular lol

But I can understand why you'd think that...super expensive, if you don't have enough resources it can be extremely difficult and almost not worth it in some cases...I just don't think it's like a "phd is the better choice duh " type of question as there is no right or wrong answer

• NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17

And in 100 yrs we won't know or give a shit about their kids cuz more than likely they won't do 1/10th of what their parents achieved.

Seems like the only reason t/s brought this up is to say why not have kids so you can pass it on to your kids, which is fair. But if you have nothing to pass on, what's the point of having kids?

Y'all ungrateful fucks are lucky your parents didn't have the same mindset y'all had...y'all ancestors are cursing y'all tf out....

I just never understood where the anger comes from...guess its just one of those irrational things because wouldnt it be better for less competition for resources? Lets say you have kids wouldnt that be cool. More room for yours? It doesnt hurt the next person for someon not to have kids but it may hurt the next prson for someone to have kids...no matter to me not really my business but it seems counter intuitive. It shouldnt elicit such emotion but it does...odd. Well anyway Im happy I was born, but there are times when I kind of get overwhelmed and think if I was dead I wouldnt have to worry about none of these bills, having to go to work, do this, balance that, conserve and wait it out try to get another job...etc. And then its like, if your never born no harm no foul. Its at worst, neutral not to have kids.
    The world has beauty but frankly people have already ruined a lot of it. So I'll try to do it big and when Im out Im out not my concern. The crazies and nonsense can do what it does. I aint dealin with it no more than necessary and they can have it. I aint in love with all this foolery. But yeah I love my life. The two can actually coexist.
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

do they have kids? is that the main experience for people who have children without a college degree? That they own Multi billion dollar companies?

Zuck has toddler but Gates has grown children, his daughter should be graduating college or just recently graduated

I think his son is an elite fuckup tho

And Jobs has a daughter whose probably early-late 30s (but we all know he died a homo)
    tumblr_m5ems1iw2F1qi26lwo1_500.gif
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I think a person with a high school diploma and 10 kids is smarter.

Here's why; If the person with the Ph.D is so smart, how come he didn't reproduce and pass his genes along?

Why wouldn't you want to reproduce?

Rabbits have lots of offspring. Rabbits > people by your logic.
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
    (Nope)blue_london
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi Posts: 11,980 Regulator

That's cool and all, but let's be realistic. There's nothing smart about not planning for your children's future, which is exactly the scenario that was presented in the OP. Having 10 kids (I suspect t/s is being facetious with that number but still...) is already not smart, on top of that all you have to show to the rest of the world is a hs diploma. You were "nice enough" to give life, but not loving or caring enough to ensure you will safeguard that life.
    Busta Carmichael Trollio
  • The_JackalThe_Jackal Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    Ph.D With No Kids Is Smarter
    Reminder that @5grand was raped and supposed collects dicks.
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Ephesians 6:10
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi Posts: 11,980 Regulator
    How are you supposed to feed 10 kids on a high school diploma?

Or attempt to better the situation with 10 ankle biters running amok.....
    Busta Carmichael (Nope)

I just never understood where the anger comes from...guess its just one of those irrational things because wouldnt it be better for less competition for resources? Lets say you have kids wouldnt that be cool. More room for yours? It doesnt hurt the next person for someon not to have kids but it may hurt the next prson for someone to have kids...no matter to me not really my business but it seems counter intuitive. It shouldnt elicit such emotion but it does...odd. Well anyway Im happy I was born, but there are times when I kind of get overwhelmed and think if I was dead I wouldnt have to worry about none of these bills, having to go to work, do this, balance that, conserve and wait it out try to get another job...etc. And then its like, if your never born no harm no foul. Its at worst, neutral not to have kids.
    The world has beauty but frankly people have already ruined a lot of it. So I'll try to do it big and when Im out Im out not my concern. The crazies and nonsense can do what it does. I aint dealin with it no more than necessary and they can have it. I aint in love with all this foolery. But yeah I love my life. The two can actually coexist.

You've been lead to believe that there aren't enough resources to go around huh?

Lol emotion? I was laughing while typing especially where I said ungrateful fucks....it's a subjective topic...but your post wreaks of "me me me me me" I can tell youve grown up in this society and you buy into it...everything is about self ....and I'm willing to bet you and the rest who think the degree is smarter share a similar level of selfishness beyond what is needed to survive

• MeesterMeester The World Is Mind. Outrage LandPosts: 15,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which ever one is fastest.