What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Breakfast Club & Comedian Lil Duval Gettin Heat For Interview Question About Trannies

1789101113»

Replies

• texas409texas409 Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trollio wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    Trollio wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I don't give a damn what u change too.. If you are born a man.. You're a man to me.. If you're born a woman you're a woman to me.. Period.. End of discussion..

its a damn shame that this needs to be said in 2017.

Why wasnt it said back when you got that tranny number?

You ungreatful internet niggas. I was on my lil duvall shit way before lil duval said shit. I exposed the faggots for who and what it was and all y'all did was make corny jokes accusing me of smashing SMH. You niggas should be thanking me I took that L so one of you niggas wouldn't be doing a life sentence for murder

Nigga u had documented phone convos with said tranny and recieved pics.

You did that for yourself

The pics it sent me was of a female that it claimed was it's cousin not once did I get pics of a male. Let the shenanigans cease
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 24,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    The Lonious Monk and Madame CJ are the two most argumentative posters on the IC. Y'all going around in circles saying the same shit.

In this case you're right. We were just arguing in circles.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    deadeyePlutarchMallyG
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 23,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/analysis-how-toxic-masculinity-fuels-transgender-victimization-n789621
    Analysis: How ‘Toxic Masculinity’ Fuels Transgender Victimization

by Alex BergAug 4

In the wake of President Donald Trump’s surprising announcement on Twitter that he was banning transgender people from the military, many comedians roasted the president for his decision. On the popular morning radio show “The Breakfast Club,” however, standup comic Lil Duval took a position where he appeared to have more in common with Christian conservatives peddling anti-transgender bathroom bills than his fellow funnymen.

During an appearance one week ago on the nationally syndicated show, following a question about the trans military ban, DJ Envy, one of the program’s three co-hosts, asked Duval what he’d do if he found out a woman he had a relationship with was transgender.

"This might sound messed up, and I don’t care. She dying. I can’t deal with that,” Duval responded. When pressed by co-host Charlamagne Tha God that “you can’t go around killing transgenders,” he went one step further. “If one did that to me and they didn’t tell me, I’m going to be so mad I’m probably going to want to kill them,” he said.

Days earlier, activist and author Janet Mock had appeared on “The Breakfast Club” to discuss her second memoir, “Surpassing Certainty.” During the exchange with Duval, DJ Envy held up a copy of the book, with Mock’s portrait on the cover, as Charlamagne asked, “Tell me she ain’t pretty.” “Nope,” Duval responded. “That n**** doing his thing….ain’t finna get me.”

In a year that is stacking up to be among the most deadly for transgender people in the U.S., Duval’s comments rang of the “panic defense” used in court by those who kill LGBTQ people to justify their violence. As states introduce legislation to push trans people out of public life, the remarks resembled the rhetoric employed by the Christian right to cut off trans people’s access to bathrooms. And, for their part, DJ Envy and Charlamagne demonstrated how the media “cosigns” transphobia when they allow these narratives to go unchecked, according to Ashlee Marie Preston, the editor in chief of Wear Your Voice.

During the conversation, Charlamagne agreed with Duval that there should be “repercussions” for transgender women who don’t come out to their partners. “[The comments] reinforced the criminalization of transgender women by communicating the lie that we're all deceptive sexual predators who trick men into having sex with us,” Preston said.

While “The Breakfast Club” has discussed racial justice and the Black Lives Matter movement, “they are discussing it as though black issues and trans issues are two different things,” Angelica Ross, the founder of TransTech Social Enterprises and an actor on TNT’s “Claws,” said. Just this past weekend, Preston was joined by Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors in interrupting a Politicon interview with Charlamagne.

A spokesperson for iHeartMedia, the syndicated program’s parent company, said “The Breakfast Club does not condone” the comments made by Lil Duval, referring to them as “thoughtless and insensitive.”

“The Breakfast Club has always been supportive of the LGBTQ community,” iHeartMedia’s Angel Aristone told NBC News via email earlier this week, and “did push back during the interview letting Duval know what he said was unacceptable."

So far in 2017, 16 transgender people have been murdered and 13 of them were Black trans women, according to LaLa Zannell, the lead organizer at the New York City Anti-Violence Project. “Transgender people, and especially trans women of color, are impacted by violence at every angle,” Zannell said.

The “trans panic” defense, invoked by Duval, has been used in court to justify the murders of transgender people. It’s a “justification of why a man would react to trans women in a violent manner in that it’s a defense that basically victimizes men. ‘Oh, I’m so shocked because I didn’t know that this person was transgender.’ It takes the humanity away from the transgender person,” Preston said.

When Islan Nettles, a 21 year-old transgender woman, died after being attacked in 2013, her attacker said he went after her when his friends made fun of him for flirting with a trans woman. “I just didn’t want to be fooled,” James Dixon told detectives, as reported by the New York Times.

At the state level, Texas is attempting to pass a “bathroom ban,” and Alaska and Massachusetts have upcoming ballot initiatives “to take away laws that ensure equal treatment for trans people in public spaces,” Raffi Freedman-Gurspan, the director of external relations at the National Center for Transgender Equality, said.

State Sen. Lois Kolkhorst, a Republican who introduced Texas’ bill requiring people to use the bathroom listed on their birth certificate, told the Texas Tribune that it "shuts down the opportunity for predators and voyeurs to assault women.” Similarly, fundamentalist Christians have fought against LGBTQ anti-discrimination ordinances by arguing that “males with past child predator convictions that claim they are female,” promulgating the same fallacy as Duval that transgender people are “deceptive sexual predators,” in Preston’s words.

In the days since the appearance, Duval has refused to apologize for the remarks. Backlash has mounted on social media, with the trending hashtag #TransFolksAreNotJokes and a campaign to boycott the show. Mock responded with an essay in Allure about how “The Breakfast Club” used her as a prop. “Part of what is dangerous is that when we hear folks like Lil’ Duval being transphobic, it makes it seem okay for others, and can influence other people’s perceptions,” Zannell said.

The media and Hollywood have been perpetuating these ideas about transgender people as far back as 100 years ago, before even the word "transgender" existed. In 1917, for example, silent film actor Fatty Arbuckle was on film “ogling women in the restroom while he’s disguised in a dress and wig,” Sam Feder, the director of the forthcoming documentary “Disclosure: Trans Lives On Screen,” said in an email.

Recent movies, too, have used transgender people as the butt of a joke. In the “Hangover II,” one of the characters is disgusted when he finds out a woman he hooked up with is trans, according to Preston. “This trope both fuels, and is fueled by, straight male anxiety. This trope, and its underlying assumption that trans women are really predatory men in disguise, justifies violence against trans women,” Jen Richards, a writer and actor, said.

u9mez_zpsjpocbnu5.gif

pc3p4q3zckek.gif

vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
    deadeyeLEMZIMUS_RAMSEYVulcanRaven
    A report from GLAAD examined 102 episodes of scripted television featuring a trans character catalogued since 2002. In it, the organization found that over half contained negative representations. Whether on the small screen or a popular morning show, these narratives are dangerous because the audience may believe that they’re true. “If you keep seeing a man putting on a dress in order to fool someone into thinking he’s a woman, than it’s a natural progression to think trans people are trying to fool you,” Feder added.

Given that these tropes are entrenched far beyond “The Breakfast Club,” fighting the stigma will require cisgender people, those who are not trans, to push back. “Men of all backgrounds need to collectively reimagine their masculinity.” Andy Marra, an activist and writer, said. “We desperately need cis (non-transgender) men to dismantle this brand of toxic masculinity that victimizes trans women and shames other men who are attracted to us.”

While “The Breakfast Club” hosts haven’t apologized for the conversation, media outlets can do a better job telling trans stories by hiring trans people, according to Richards. Outlets should also tell the stories that underscore the humanity of trans people “about trans people running for office, trans people in a healthy marriage, trans people in these every day profiles,” Preston said.

As trans people face challenges to their rights at the federal and state level, as well as hate crimes, addressing Duval’s harmful statements “is urgent," according to Jamal Lewis, a filmmaker, writer and activist. "It is not a matter of opinions; this is life and death."

“When it comes to the bathroom bills, when it comes to trans folks in the military, when it comes to trans folks in the churches, when it comes to trans folks in school, when it comes to trans folks at the dinner table, we have got to recognize the real message is that society doesn’t want trans people in public space,” Ross said. ”We need to look at how every space needs to be safer.”
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Posts: 16,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have yall witnessed WHY SHE DOESNT ENGAGE DEBATE WITH ME?

Its because i interract and work with gay and trans people socially. So she cant use the YOU ARE HOMOPHOBIC tactic. Thus she dodges.

And she is trying to insert fake ideas and unnecessary debates to you who are for the most not in interraction with socially.

DONT FALL FOR HER PSEUDO PSYCHO BULLSHIT.
    Real people who are into gay psychology talk about HOMOEROTISM. And all 98% of her post are full of shit.

Stop entertaining that poster. He/she maybe a trans who hides behind a female ID just to push his UNLOGIC AND UNEXPERIENCED BELIEFS AND IDEAS.

lol

what?

not that it matters, and i'm not posting any pics, but i was born a girl

i don't respond to your post because you type in CAPS and your post at times are nonsensical

for instance, i'm not totally sure what you mean by "unexperienced beliefs and ideas"

english is not your first language so its understandable

most importantly i don't take you seriously when you make claims such as:
    Whats happenning in the IC is a exemple of whats happening in the physical world of black people: the push for the black american effeminization aka psycholocal sterelizatìon by the supremacist side of white people is ongoing.

It doesnt matter if you take me seriously or not.
    The SHAMING/BELITTLEING doesnt work either.

As far as im concerned, if you are a straight woman, who will probably raise a straight man, the last thing you should try to defend is
    - women playing with the rape lie
    - male trans lie to get into straight males

You are acting like that straight woman who told Charlamagne ' you support the murder of our SISTERS' .
    Trans people are a group, a community but they ARE NOT YOUR SISTERS. You are a straight woman. GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN, STAY IN YOUR LANE.

You aint winning shit by defending bullshit. You aint achieving shit by condoning LIE SOCIETY.
    Because the trans doesnt give a fuck about black women struggles and problematics.
    apocalyse-xmen-2016.jpg
    purpngolddeadeye
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Posts: 16,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    They seem to attach "toxic masculinity" to black men. I see through that bs.

I belive that white supremacist use the Tans as the new LIGT SKIN NIGGA IN THE HOUSE to disrupt and eventually destroy black communities.
    apocalyse-xmen-2016.jpg
  • Not all trannies are deceivers
    Bcotton5blackgod813
  • rickmogulrickmogul black_samson Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭
    Shows the power their community wields.
    deadeye
  • ineedpussyineedpussy long hair dont care but bald head dont give a fuck! Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was at a cook out yesterday celebrating my dead grandmothers birthday and my cousin (25y/o and calls himself a social butterfly) was going hard for trannies to the point that me and two other cousins thought the nigga might come out the closet.....hollerin whos the victim and the agitator. nigga gone say why should you kill a tranny because they deceived you? she (his words) didnt deceive anyone. i said nigga that aint a woman.....thats a man dawg
    deadeyeLcnsdbyROYALTYLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

LcnsdbyROYALTY
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    was at a cook out yesterday celebrating my dead grandmothers birthday and my cousin (25y/o and calls himself a social butterfly) was going hard for trannies to the point that me and two other cousins thought the nigga might come out the closet.....hollerin whos the victim and the agitator. nigga gone say why should you kill a tranny because they deceived you? she (his words) didnt deceive anyone. i said nigga that aint a woman.....thats a man dawg

He a fag low key.
1789101113»