What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Lord Jamar: Biggie's Hits were West Coast

TrillaaaaaaTrillaaaaaa Robbed a thick bitch for 30 bands, now she back strippin/ Threw 5 back at her just for not snitchinPosts: 8,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

Replies

• WeazelWeazel Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    N.O.R.E said something similar (Drink Champs/Puff interview)
    According to Puff that was because he (Puff) was heavily influenced by Dr Dr's The Chronic
    And it had nothing to do with Biggie..
    Soloman_The_WiseThe RecipeKid DynastyA-OK
  • onetoughmiracleonetoughmiracle New York Giants Fan...Win Lose or Draw! Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weazel wrote: »
    N.O.R.E said something similar (Drink Champs/Puff interview)
    According to Puff that was because he (Puff) was heavily influenced by Dr Dr's The Chronic
    And it had nothing to do with Biggie..

This makes sense when you listen to "Machine Gun Funk."

A0erZ.gif [img][/img]9lVQhz.gif

tumblr_mr93dlX9Ud1rqh2k2o1_250.gif [img][/img]FWadAu.gif

tumblr_lxw7usrzQl1rns9m8o1_500.gif

giants-helmet.jpg

"I was told a long time ago, ghosts and spirits don't like the fumes from ether, and I just wanted to affect him with my weapon and get to his soul."

I feel it's the only way. I don't feel a need to play the whole part in the entire movement. But, yo, if you just raise your family right, if I just live righteously, I be all right. Yo, my whole life is dedicated to change.
    trendsetta1030
  • a_lista_list Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we tryna act like these records didnt use the formula of west coasts artists at the time?

Westcoast cats looped the samples instead of chopping them up, so if thats the formula you're talking about...yea Puff used it...
    I can recall the days, juvenile crime pays
    14 years old, shorty from round way
    brick ass cold, still pump from night to day
    but why did my life have to be this way
    I rock Velour suits, flavors like mixed fruits
    my loot get recouped razors in my suit
    incase they try to troop me to the island
    I known to start whylin back in New York, my soldiers got the cash pilin
    peep this on some nose and teef shit
    so much drama, who the fuck knows who we got beef wit
    Soloman_The_Wisetrendsetta1030Kid Dynasty
  • Ol Jay'sOl Jay's Posts: 7,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thought this was common knowledge, that's why Pac said them niggas was copying his style, Nas, Jay, and Big are lyricist but they bit Pac's flow

I use to always think that's why Pac was assassinated by the industry, so they could use his flow for monetary gains, think about all the money from products being to the masses through music doing the era after Pac's death
    Soloman_The_Wiseilledouta_listTrillaaaaaasaracenwireonetoughmiracletrendsetta1030StoneColdMikeyKid Dynastyoptimisticsouthsil4lilKairo
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but when i say this shit im wrong!!?
    when Pac went off about it.. he was hatin!?

niggas been bitin the WestCoast for decades..
    but we get told we TOO WESTCOAST!

gtfoh..
    im not hatin on Big.. i loved his music.. but it walways tripped me out how after Pac died the westcoast pretty much got blackballed but everything i heard from other regions pretty much sounded like our shit.
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    thought this was common knowledge, that's why Pac said them niggas was copying his style, Nas, Jay, and Big are lyricist but they bit Pac's flow

I use to always think that's why Pac was assassinated by the industry, so they could use his flow for monetary gains, think about all the money from products being to the masses through music doing the era after Pac's death

Yea why don't y'all settle down with this bullshit
    king hassanonetoughmiracleoptimisticCeLLaR-DooR
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt STREET MILITARY till Infinity !!!! Posts: 9,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That shit don't sound west coast bruh

juicy don't sound west coast .......
    blackgod813king hassanonetoughmiracleLouis Devinear
    West Coast always thinking someone taking they style and we go over this over and over

the funk came from the South
    BenjaminEmiamivice305d.greenmoyo
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont hear it when i think westcoast i think dj quik an i hate that..an pac gang banging an i love that. East coast is like method man...an that poe people music Joey bad ass montone i threw my life away at ten years old shit..
    Like Water
  • Cabana_Da_DonCabana_Da_Don Posts: 7,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9
    I dont hear it when i think westcoast i think dj quik an i hate that..an pac gang banging an i love that. East coast is like method man...an that poe people music Joey bad ass montone i threw my life away at ten years old shit..

Back in the days west coast beats were more mellow with more R&B type of vibe.East coast is more grimmy.Biggie mashed those two styles in an album.Espeacilly the last one Life after Death.
    post a track that sounds similar to juicy?

What about Mary J Blige and Method Man ....

in the history of hip-hop im sure there are tons of east coast r&B influenced songs
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is talk is senseless because NY invented rap
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

Trollio kingtob330d.greenPureYang
  • achewon87achewon87 Low End Theorist Survivor Series '97Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    post a track that sounds similar to juicy?

What about Mary J Blige and Method Man ....
    in the history of hip-hop im sure there are tons of east coast r&B influenced songs

We can just use another B.I.G. song, "One More Chance (Remix)" with the DeBarge sample...

"Juicy Fruit" is pop/funk. The keyboardist is the same one from Parliment/Funkadelic...

"Big Poppa" uses "Between The Sheets" by The Isley Brothers with a funky worm added to give it that west coast sound...

THE_R_trendsetta1030