What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Kendrick Lamar New Rolling Stone Cover And Comments On Ghostwriting

JJ_EvansJJ_Evans Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/kendrick-lamar-on-humble-bono-taylor-swift-mandela-w496385
Kendrick Lamar: The Rolling Stone Interview

Rolling Stone Question: Is it ever OK for a rapper to have a ghostwriter? You've obviously written verses for Dr. Dre yourself.

Kendrick's Answer: It depends on what arena you're putting yourself in. I called myself the best rapper. I cannot call myself the best rapper if I have a ghostwriter. If you're saying you're a different type of artist and you don't really care about the art form of being the best rapper, then so be it. Make great music. But the title, it won't be there.

drake-search-engine-main-compressed.jpg

3ca20821b64d2e6d2b5f4378dbf07a21.gif
giphy.gif
sapp08_2001metal face terroristgenocidecutterjust.might.b.okBuilt 4 cuban linxJonnyRoccIT#jppSoloman_The_WiseKairoCashmoneyDuxilledoutsouthsil4lilbuttuh_bLike WaterStewBreezy_KilroyCJBender RodriguezChi SnowKarl.silverfoxxblacktuxStoneColdMikeygman82southernmadeMrCrookedLettervictory_kidVulcanRavenKnowReasonForPeaceAlpha_Ambition Kid Dynastyeternal soldier

Replies

• ShizlanskyShizlansky Posts: 35,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That cover makes it looked like he's locked up
    (Really though?)
    Soloman_The_Wise#jppKid Dynasty
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • metal face terroristmetal face terrorist ILPosts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been discussed before. We get it. Let's move on. Drake is not a rapper. @JJ_Evans "OVO" must be painted on your girls toenails.
    illedoutdamnkpbears2248genocidecutter
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,502 Regulator
    He's right tho

Drake's argument is dependent tho on rap losing its roots and becoming entirely pop.

Kendrick isn't wrong to say that tho. Told y'all years ago when Kendrick and him were at more equal levels in their careers Kendrick would try him again.now the subliminals are gonna come just watch.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    Soloman_The_WisesilverfoxxStoneColdMikeyKid Dynasty
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Jay was the GROAT?

=)
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

Westie wrote: »
    Lol what is cunting?

Lol i like it. I am cunting.

• matt manematt mane Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Man kendrick aint shit
    fortyacresgenocidecutterinfamous114rip.dilladwade206Like WaterCashmoneyDuxKamPushMeMrCrookedLetternickel-us PVulcanRavenBcotton5Soloman_The_WiseKid Dynasty
  • fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 4,449 Regulator
    facts
    t9lvnfedvkbh.gif

Thanos 3:16 says.."I just whooped your ass!!!"

t5xa5bavxbd2.gif
    giphy.gif

• MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 64,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If LeBron was caught using steroids his legacy would be destroyed
    illedoutMr.LV$tayRichROLLINKid Dynasty
  • Karl.Karl. Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure all lyricists hold this opinion. I know Royce said something similar in the past.
    KnowReasonForPeace
  • WeazelWeazel Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matt mane wrote: »
    Man kendrick aint shit

Great 2nd account..
    hueyd.greenIceBergTaylor
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the entire interview this morning... quite insightful. He's an intelligent brotha

He was also asked about Drake and his music. He's replies were curt and straight...
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

Westie wrote: »
    Lol what is cunting?

Lol i like it. I am cunting.

sapp08_2001
  • JJ_EvansJJ_Evans Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    He was also asked about Drake and his music. He's replies were curt and straight...

What's your favorite Drake song?

Favorite Drake song [chuckles]. I got a lot of favorite Drake songs. Can't name one off the back. ... He has plenty.

Do you prefer him singing or rapping?

Both. Yeah.
    blacktuxKid DynastyMrCrookedLettereternal soldier
  • bck145bck145 East CoastPosts: 4,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter if drake writes his raps or not?
    Kendrick still makes better music and raps better than drake
    tumblr_mytyfn0M711s559c9o1_500.gif

#unfukwitable
    LcnsdbyROYALTYMr.LVKid Dynasty