What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

New AllHipHop.com

Replies

• HerbalVaporCapersHerbalVaporCapers IC Retirement HomePosts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be dope on the new site if posters could go live. I mean, if we're gonna bite the social media format, why not bite the poppingest aspect of it???

Some posters would be hilarious, others would be completely horrifying but I think it would be dope overall
    Alpha_Ambition LcnsdbyROYALTYCashmoneyDux
  • Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    Here's an idea. Take what made the IC great from both eras, add some new shit and put them into 1.

OG era- Special avi's available for those that deserve it(ie...posters with a certain amount of post, been signed up the longest, win an award for the year<---all gives incentive to be active) like gif avi's, bigger joints, if it could be done in 2003 it def can be done today.

- You can see who's in threads per vbulletin, at the bottom of the screen you could see the posters lurkin the thread. Sounds minor but it made for good Internet posting

2010+ era- Reactions, some ppl think it made it worse, more ppl thought diff. The way they are now is perfect.

- being able to post pics/gifs straight from your phone/comp without have to worry about being hacked. Flawless victory

New shit- add being able to post a FB link, Tumbler, periscope, whatever the hell is out there the same way you can post a twitter link. Link=post

- give someone the ability to take a thread that's extremely popular and add it to the front page/twitter. We know that's what u want to get more traffic. It doesn't have to be the whole damn site. We like being behind the scene, this is the IC, how we earned our "reputation". You can do both

- Video. This might be far fetched but Should be a way where we could take a vid from our phones and be able to post it immediately ie...snapchat/IG. If I'm not mistaken that's the "waaaave"

- An app has to be made

- Giving out a prize or 2 won't hurt anybody's pockets, your sponsors pay this $150 easy, trust me I know how this works. Tickets to a concert for best thread of the month? Poster of the year? I know this for a fact to generate more traffic.

With that said, all this has to be in a "forum", I don't think anything else will work, that's why the majority of us are here. If you could make that shit into an App..... abfe0izclkou.gif

What yall think?

Yall were doing a contest on best ideas? Look like you just won that shit lol.

Promote this man!
    12715221_1544933472501286_6918897634016329581_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9fa1452681ccbeedd4b6da85510815bf&oe=576D10DE
    Stewsouthsil4lilLcnsdbyROYALTYonetoughmiracle
  • spit_fiyaspit_fiya Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an idea. Take what made the IC great from both eras, add some new shit and put them into 1.

OG era- Special avi's available for those that deserve it(ie...posters with a certain amount of post, been signed up the longest, win an award for the year<---all gives incentive to be active) like gif avi's, bigger joints, if it could be done in 2003 it def can be done today.

- You can see who's in threads per vbulletin, at the bottom of the screen you could see the posters lurkin the thread. Sounds minor but it made for good Internet posting

2010+ era- Reactions, some ppl think it made it worse, more ppl thought diff. The way they are now is perfect.

- being able to post pics/gifs straight from your phone/comp without have to worry about being hacked. Flawless victory

New shit- add being able to post a FB link, Tumbler, periscope, whatever the hell is out there the same way you can post a twitter link. Link=post

- give someone the ability to take a thread that's extremely popular and add it to the front page/twitter. We know that's what u want to get more traffic. It doesn't have to be the whole damn site. We like being behind the scene, this is the IC, how we earned our "reputation". You can do both

- Video. This might be far fetched but Should be a way where we could take a vid from our phones and be able to post it immediately ie...snapchat/IG. If I'm not mistaken that's the "waaaave"

- An app has to be made

- Giving out a prize or 2 won't hurt anybody's pockets, your sponsors pay this $150 easy, trust me I know how this works. Tickets to a concert for best thread of the month? Poster of the year? I know this for a fact to generate more traffic.

With that said, all this has to be in a "forum", I don't think anything else will work, that's why the majority of us are here. If you could make that shit into an App..... abfe0izclkou.gif

What yall think?

• MasteryMastery Posts: 14,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah @Stew the bigger/gif avi's were the shit when we had them in '03.
    nlelbo.jpg
    StewAlpha_Ambition
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEYLEMZIMUS_RAMSEY SHAPE YOUR REALITY INSIDE WHICH YOU THRIVE Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ILLBOT wrote: »
    You cannot negotiate with me. I do not share your pity, remorse, or fear, @TheGOAT.
    Warned @TheGOAT (0 points for 1 week) for "Kicked from thread: being a cot damn pansy"

When we move on to the new site you will have the honor to be the first poster/mod to get interviewed.

MONSIEUR ILLBOT WELCOME TO THE FUTURE LEMZOLA EXPERIENCE !!!
    apocalyse-xmen-2016.jpg
    DarthRozay
  • TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If it ain't broke dont fix it"

I wish that was a federal law instead of just a slogan
    z4qp8gvofqsm.gif
  • TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭✭

- An app has to be made

What yall think?

Quoted and Goated
    z4qp8gvofqsm.gif
    Stew
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttPosts: 22,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody checked our The Black Board?

@AP21
    deadeye
    So, you're mad because I quoted a post.....that included a scantily clad pic of you......that you sent to another man.....while both of you are supposed to be in committed relationships with other people?

Hilarious.
    June 12 Delete

MsSouthern
    just messy ...smh
    June 12

deadeye
    You can call me messy, but you can't say I was lying about anything I said.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    gtfoff my page and mind your fucking business old man.

Oh wait, you have no business which is why you stalk various females on the internet tryibg to interject yourself into their business.

Fuck off.
    June 12

deadeye
    Most of your business is public knowledge Kathryn.

You should learn to exercise more discretion.

You're too old to continuously find yourself in compromising situations.

I'm extremely disappointed in your behavior and expect much better of you in the future.

With compassion, concern, sincerity, and due diligence.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    I hope you die of old age tonight.
    June 12

deadeye
    That's a horrible thing to say.

I'm sorry you feel that way Kathryn.

However, I've never heard of anyone dying of old age at 43.

My words must've really hit home for you to want me to die tonight.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Instead of wishing me death, your time would be better served reflecting on your past transgressions and thinking about what steps you can take to improve yourself.
    June 12 Delete

Dirty Sanchez
    kat caught feelings
    June 12

deadeye
    Indeed she did.

Definitely not your usual white woman.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    Titanagraphs but I caught feelings..ok.

Type me another one pops.
    June 12

deadeye
    You wished death upon me Kathryn.

Solely because I quoted a post which featured you in a bathrobe with your privates partially exposed.

A pic that would have never been publicly accessible had it not been for your carelessness and bad judgement.

Essentially, you want me to die for your mistakes.

Smarten up Kathryn.

If anyone caught feelings it's you.

This is just entertainment for me.
    June 12 Delete

0idvkbvn43de.jpg

@deadeye nah mate, fuck off, I literally hate seeing your name in my notifications because I know it's your FUCKING LIST. I'm tired of being @'d to some thread because of your shitty list, makes me just want to punch you in your fat fucking face.

You're a digrace to creepset and 'mature' black men the world over.

Fuck your entire existence.

You are a plain idiot. Since you cannot give birth nor have a proper sense of enduring and suffering you cannot understand my post.

@Westie has put her life on the line several times to give life. I wish I had an ounce of that courage, endurance and resiliance.

Peace
    AP21
  • TonyDubbzTonyDubbz Realest Nigga Livin' Regulator Posts: 19,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

- An app has to be made

What yall think?

Good shit bruh tell em to take notes!
    9yra8oazt939.jpeg

tumblr_ljhxqfJwB71qhisruo1_500.gif
    [img][/img]1377736851_tumblr_m1gwskt4Bk1qdlfp4o1_500.gif

Sho’nuff: Am I the meanest?
    Sho’nuff ‘s Goons: Sho’nuff!
    Sho’nuff: Am I the prettiest?
    Sho’nuff: Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
    Sho’nuff: Well who am I?
    Sho’nuff: Who am I?
    Sho’nuff: I can’t hear you…
    Stewdeadeye
  • MasteryMastery Posts: 14,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12
    https://www.themaven.net/allhiphop/ic-thereason/allhiphopcom-same-content-same-owners-new-tech-platform-vtHZi4Fb10qEIhfTAKBeAg?full=1
    If you have been rocking with AllHipHop.com for any period of time, you'll notice we've launched an entirely new tech platform. This is no ordinary relaunch, as we have entered into an exclusive deal with Maven.

We have partnered with Maven, a company based out of Seattle, to manage our entire digital media platform.

Maven is a publicly traded company (MVEN) founded by former senior executives and engineers from Yahoo!, MSFT, Google and other major media and technology companies.

As part of our partnership, they're providing us with an end-to-end distribution, video, technology and advertising platform (think Wordpress on steroids), while we can focus all of our resources on producing more content, and showcasing our 20-year-old community, which has almost 1,000,000 registered members.

While Maven is providing platform services for AllHipHop, rest assured, AllHipHop.com continues to be 100%, privately owned by Chuck “Jigsaw” Creekmur and Grouchy Greg Watkins and we remain 100% in control of all content and editorial - again, this is simply a platform relationship.

Our new site offers significant improvements in functionality and a variety of advanced features for AllHipHop.com fans - some of them visible now and much more in the works - as well as a more stable and mobile-friendly experience.

Some of the new features to look for are:

* Easy to register via email, Facebook or Google account – just click “Follow”

* Ability to embed links to just about anything – images, videos, twitter, Soundcloud, stories from other sites, etc. - just as easily as Facebook.

* Sort stories by most popular, newest, or latest reply – just click Options at upper right

* Get notified about new stories from any of our new rooms (News, Rumors, Music, Etc) or the whole site – just click Options then “Turn on notifications”

* Easy to “like”, share, follow, or flag posts as spam or abuse – just click the 3 dots at upper right of a post or story

* Built-in video technology which will make it easier for us to deliver video, and eventually let you upload your own!

* They are also offering us unlimited capacity, hosting the site across dozens of servers on Amazon Web Services, which means we now have the ability to bring you decades of our exclusive videos and audio interviews that have been in our vault for years!

* Native apps for both iOS and Android on the way

We always dreamed of these kinds of resources but until Maven came along, other alternatives would either be too expensive, cost us control of our company or our content and ad inventory to one of these ad networks, which mostly specialize in jerking publishers.

Maven doesn't and will never do content and we are working with the company’s engineers to build a next generation website.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to bringing you AllHipHop.com for many more years to come!

Thank you for visiting us and we truly appreciate your support and every visitor.

Grouchy Greg Watkins and Chuck “Jigsaw” Creekmur

AllHipHop.com Founders
    nlelbo.jpg
    deadeyeThatDamnJay
  • Peace_79Peace_79 Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long we got?
    148gnc7.jpg
    deadeye
  • BetaBeta #FastFamily Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    How long we got?

They won't even tell us. I'll be mad if we're acting all somber if we had 3 months left
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Beta wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    How long we got?

They won't even tell us. I'll be mad if we're acting all somber if we had 3 months left
    Look at it like this is Nov 8 2016, election night..

the inauguration is in January.
    z4qp8gvofqsm.gif
    Betaonetoughmiracle
  • KillaChamKillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Posts: 11,387 Regulator
    I'm not a huge fan of completely eliminating the forum format. How about further integrating the forums into the main site? IE: Having certain threads show up on the main page just like these editorials we're going for (with moderator approval, of course). Not all or any posts in the threads need to be on the main page since we know we're ratchet and shit, but comments made on the main page can show up in the threads. That way the community is beefing up the main site and vice versa.
    zvvgw2.jpgzvvgw2.jpgzvvgw2.jpg
    Sionchgarcia345