What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Chance The Rapper says that 1990's Rappers were fabricated

Replies

• Soloman_The_WiseSoloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Puget SoundPosts: 2,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    qawshun wrote: »
    who's the 1st 90's rapper that came to mind ??

For me Biggie...
    The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows another way...

Originally Posted by south4life

"I'm not a drug dealer but, I'm cool with alot of street niggas...
    cause they respect the fact that I'm real with them, I'm not trying to be something I ain't.
    I'm cool with alot of street niggas here too cause, I come off as just being me and when I see them I holla and keep it moving. That's what's wrong with everybody now, they make being a gangsta or thug as the benchmark of being real. U know what's real, a nigga working a 9 to 5, busting his ass everyday without having to break a law."

The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows a better way...

I do not hate White People, Hell I regularly enjoy many White Women intimately, But I cannot stand Wiggers, RedNecks, or any Fag White Boys that do not Know there Place in shit...
    BedStuyMatike85Weazel*~queenbee~*Revolver Ocelot
  • BedStuyBedStuy My caliber, got me thinking on a higher algebra Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    qawshun wrote: »
    who's the 1st 90's rapper that came to mind ??

For me Biggie...

tupac mother fucker
    tumblr_oevnc1iVjw1vet0bvo1_1280.jpg
    Soloman_The_Wiseachewon87KneeGro_DuperManMatike85WeazelBenjaminEking hassanRevolver Ocelotjonoaneed123
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Tupac was fabricated but y'all gave him a pass

I agree to an extent with this sentiment; he just like a Soulja Boy or Chris Brown
    tumblr_mldz8wN84X1rc2u19o2_400.gif

icUWzM.gif

Top 10:
    Jay Electronica
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Elzhi
    Phonte
    MF Doom
    Lil B
    Kebee
    Verbal Jint
    Wretch 32
    Soloman_The_WiseMatike85Weazelachewon87*~queenbee~*Like Water
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt STREET MILITARY till Infinity !!!! Posts: 10,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree

I think Pac was a true Thug and represented Thug Life !!!!!!!

What set was he a really a part of?

Well his tattoo says Thug Life not gang life

He was after his paper and his number 1 spot he didn't give a dang

He was kinda crazy and that's just how he was

just becuase he was into the arts doesn't mean he was fabricated

He could have his own gang in the 90's he had plenty of thugs

You couldn't speak bad on him but as time went on and times change slowly people start to disrespect him

People saw him as a threat he got shot up then got killed

How is the fabricated He got shot by other gangsters that's real gang warfare ....

What are you guys talking about?
    Street Military members:

K.B. DA KIDNAPPA , LIL FLEA , ICEY HOTT , PHAROAH , KLONDIKE KAT , R.I.P. NUTT

Killa Klan members: BAM , SKI-BO , TOO , STACK PACK , 2-REAL , FAKKULTY
    Matike85Soloman_The_Wiseoptimisticfortyacres
  • Matike85Matike85 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12
    Will Smith > Chance The Rapper for squeaky clean Hip Hop ... Chance needs to pay Homage to Will Smith aka Fresh Prince ... Big Willie Style > The Coloring Book
    Soloman_The_WiseFigogum989CashmoneyDux
  • trendsetta1030trendsetta1030 Where the money at...Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »

They don't and won't hear you tho

He didn't start that way … an he was actually booked… bigs mom was a school teacher an Big ain't jump off the porch till he was 18facts…
    Matike85Soloman_The_Wiseoptimistic*~queenbee~*Revolver Ocelot
  • Matike85Matike85 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12

He didn't start that way … an he was actually booked… bigs mom was a school teacher an Big ain't jump off the porch till he was 18facts…

Pac didn't jump off the porch till he was a grown man. I know niggas think he's God but reality is different

facts

Then Base off both Y'all Logic...

Will Smith aka The Fresh Prince is the GOAT... end of discussion

8vmu9cwdttpd.gif
    trendsetta1030Soloman_The_WiseEar2DaStBenjaminE
    Matike85 wrote: »

Pac didn't jump off the porch till he was a grown man. I know niggas think he's God but reality is different

facts

Then Base off both Y'all Logic...

Will Smith aka The Fresh Prince is the GOAT... end of discussion

8vmu9cwdttpd.gif

Fuck will
    Matike85Soloman_The_WiseCashmoneyDux
  • High RevolutionaryHigh Revolutionary Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh I don't really think fabricated is the right word to describe Pac.

He came from a family of Black Panthers who were really bout that life.He busted his guns to save another Black man's life. Towards the ending of his life he was rollin with legit gangbangers.

I think in the end he really just got in over his head.
    e4bda11ceda511e2940222000a1fbd52_7.jpg

Soloman_The_Wise5 Grand
    Eh I don't really think fabricated is the right word to describe Pac.

He came from a family of Black Panthers who were really bout that life.He busted his guns to save another Black man's life. Towards the ending of his life he was rollin with legit gangbangers.

I think in the end he really just got in over his head.

If your parents were street niggas you not supposed to grow up an be a streetnigga 2 if not they failed as parents…
    5 Grand
    it's more fabricated today then in the 90's

all you had to do was rap

now your gotta run gimmicks for attention on the internet

alot of shit looks staged

Pac didn't have to do that his raps was hot enuff to draw attention by themselves

the industry has become like a circus

old school rappers don't fear new rappers cuz they came from a harder generation

very few bout that life and some are crazy but rather take a bullet then an ass whooping

they don't fist fight they just shoot to avoid fist fighting ...kinda cowardly

Pac was that lil nicca that no one messed with cuz he was crazy ....

Street Military members:

Matike85Soloman_The_Wise
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Chance was born in 1993 so he doesn't remember the 90s. You can always do some research, but its not the same as LIVING through the 90s.

2. The best rappers are just that, rappers. They aren't really living that life or else they'd be dead or in jail. If you go back and check the Reason for every rapper that got shot or thats locked up, those are the guys that really lived the life. Cats like Bobby Shmurda or Max B. But the best rappers, Scarface, Jay, Nas, Cube, 2Pac, Biggie. Even 50 Cent and Cam, at some point they had to make a decision what they wanted to do with their lives, did they want to stand on the block and sell drugs or did they want to sit inside the house and write rhymes and block everything else out?

I believe that Cube, Scarface, Nas, Jay, 2Pac, Biggie, 50 Cent, Cam, etc. KNEW some thorough cats. They might have seen somebody get shot. I know I've seen people get shot at parties and I could write a rhyme about it, but I've never squeezed a trigger and I'd be pretty stupid to rap about it if I did.

l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

*~queenbee~*
  • Go figureGo figure the GoPosts: 4,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say what u want about pac but he shot police, lived to tell it and walked. The hardest mfs he ever got mixed up with on death row probly never did that.

And his familys background with black panthers, never hid from the spotlight after getting shot the first time...only put himself out there more...

But i do think under all that thug life shit he was probly still that weirdo artsy mfer with a lot of anger
    iwslmt.jpg
    Soloman_The_WiseEar2DaStRevolver Ocelot
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    1. Chance was born in 1993 so he doesn't remember the 90s. You can always do some research, but its not the same as LIVING through the 90s.

2. The best rappers are just that, rappers. They aren't really living that life or else they'd be dead or in jail. If you go back and check the Reason for every rapper that got shot or thats locked up, those are the guys that really lived the life. Cats like Bobby Shmurda or Max B. But the best rappers, Scarface, Jay, Nas, Cube, 2Pac, Biggie. Even 50 Cent and Cam, at some point they had to make a decision what they wanted to do with their lives, did they want to stand on the block and sell drugs or did they want to sit inside the house and write rhymes and block everything else out?

I believe that Cube, Scarface, Nas, Jay, 2Pac, Biggie, 50 Cent, Cam, etc. KNEW some thorough cats. They might have seen somebody get shot. I know I've seen people get shot at parties and I could write a rhyme about it, but I've never squeezed a trigger and I'd be pretty stupid to rap about it if I did.

I agree he didn't live through the 90s and me being born in 1990 i didn't live through the 90s but i have educated myself on the 90s and would only speak on the 90s from listening to the music post it being live. Rock niggas educate themselves about previous eras. Same with the blues and country as well those artist educate themselves in high school and early 20s.

The issue is hip hop niggas like chance should either educate and truly dive into the music or shut the fuck up. Especially if you are going to claim you love kanye and don't know how tip influenced him.
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
    Matike85
    They act like you can't be a fan of different forms of Hip-Hop

I luv mid to let 80's Hip-Hop is was way less about guns,drugs,crimes and shit like that

I luv the 90's Hip-Hop which became more about guns,drugs,crimes and street life

There is art in messages in both and many times original
    Street Military members:

SELASI_iCashmoneyDux
  • SELASI_iSELASI_i DARK VEDA KCPosts: 2,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's when a nigga sideways hating because he know he don't fit in a certain lane.
  • *~queenbee~**~queenbee~* Retired Undefeated Boxing Champ Soaking in a warm Epsom salt bathPosts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He just soft an a lgb fan bisexual men at least had the decency of keepin in the closet..chance was at a club back room sucking dick at the in the back room while we was on molly
    :open_mouth:

• fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 4,389 Regulator
    edited August 13
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    I disagree

I think Pac was a true Thug and represented Thug Life !!!!!!!

What set was he a really a part of?

Well his tattoo says Thug Life not gang life

He was after his paper and his number 1 spot he didn't give a dang

He was kinda crazy and that's just how he was

just becuase he was into the arts doesn't mean he was fabricated

He could have his own gang in the 90's he had plenty of thugs

You couldn't speak bad on him but as time went on and times change slowly people start to disrespect him

People saw him as a threat he got shot up then got killed

How is the fabricated He got shot by other gangsters that's real gang warfare ....

What are you guys talking about?

raise up of his nuts you groupie , if he was what you claim he was , a long essay like this wouldnt be needed...
    t9lvnfedvkbh.gif

Thanos 3:16 says.."I just whooped your ass!!!"

t5xa5bavxbd2.gif
    giphy.gif

• mc317mc317 Chief Of Goddamn Station Dark Side of The MoonPosts: 5,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cold Sardines Cold Sardines fuck em and feed em Cold Sardines
    Maybe people hate Pac cuz they like J-z ........
    Street Military members:

Pac is the one that said Puck J-z ..........
    Street Military members:

• ThaNubianGodThaNubianGod Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

No he wasn't, you thinking of Biggie

Soloman_The_WiseFigo
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 22,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come Pac has this super nigga image for people, he ain't shoot no police, especially not in the south, shit Jamil Al-Amin supposedly shot a cop and he still on death row
    Revolver OcelotSoloman_The_Wise