What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Replies

• illestni99ainneillestni99ainne I let ur gal suck me off from da back and ur moms giv me cornrows on my crack cuz Im nasty like that Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Reeves' comments from earlier today weren't misinterpreted after all, as a reliable report seems to have confirmed that The Batman will not be set in the DCEU, & star another actor in the role.

Mark Cassidy | 8/23/2017
    Filed Under: "Batman"

REPORT AD
    Earlier on we reported on some recent quotes from The Batman director Matt Reeves that seemed to indicate that his new take on The Dark Knight would not be set in The DCEU.

At the time many felt that the director's comments simply meant that his film wouldn't directly tie-in to the DC Films Universe and instead tell a standalone story, but it now looks like that might have been wishful thinking.

Here is an excerpt from THR's report on the new Joker and Harley Quinn movie that references the studio's plan to create a new label that'll tell stories set outside of the main DCEU.

"The new line, or possibly label, will allow for the making of movies that will stand apart and separate from those big-budget tentpoles. Matt Reeves’ The Batman, for example, is intended to not be connected to the Justice League universe but to be set in a different time period and star another actor."

That seems pretty clear-cut. It is worth noting that the paragraph in question has since been deleted, but that more than likely means the writer simply jumped the gun with the news. Of course, this doesn't mean for certain that Ben Affleck won't stay on as Batman in The DCEU, just that he won't play the character in Reeves' movie.

At any rate, WB really need to release some sort of statement clearing this whole thing up once and for all - but until then, let us know what you think in the usual place.

UPDATE: THR has now added the following to their report:

"An earlier version of this story stated that Matt Reeves' The Batman was part of Warner Bros.' new label and would star a new actor as Batman, but it is unclear where that project will fall."
    Nights like this...I wish...Raindrops would faaalllll!!!
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dc and marvel movies make me hate internet news so much lol
    soul rattler
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I can't pay this no mind. It be some different shit every other day. I'm just patiently waiting until November 17.
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

iron man1Lou_Cyphernujerz84
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These morons are so quick to dive in head first. They just want clicks. I legitimately saw a headline on a movie news site that said "The Batman won't be set in the DCEU". It was an older movie news site that should know better too. But hey fuck waiting on the facts right?
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Lou_Cyphernujerz84lord nemesis
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread is broken

its that dc bias
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

IC Battle Rap Stans Most Hated.

s-l300.jpg
    Lou_Cypher
    This gross misinterpretation proves that media people want the DCEU to fail so bad lol
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Lou_Cypherlord nemesisnujerz84
    edited August 24
    Now they're misinterpreting his first tweet completely ignoring his next 2 tweets which offer more clarification. These people are unreal lmao.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    nujerz84
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

IC Battle Rap Stans Most Hated.

s-l300.jpg
    lord nemesisLou_CypherValentinez A. Kaiser
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao. In case anyone was wondering:

'Justice League' Not In Turmoil, Reshoots Sticking To Zack Snyder's Plan

After Zack Snyder stepped away from his duties as the director of the Justice League after his family suffered huge tragedy, former Marvel Studios filmmaker Joss Whedon stepped in to take over.

Fans have wondered how the first film featuring DC Comics’ premiere superteam would be affected. Whedon, who previously signed on to direct the Batgirl movie, has his own sensibilities as a director that are wholly distinct from Snyder’s tactics. Would he be making an entirely different movie?

According to Forbes’ writer Mark Hughes, Whedon is still sticking to the plan laid out by Snyder.

On the Superhero News podcast, Hughes detailed what Whedon is overseeing on the shoot, debunking the rumor that they are filming an entirely different ending than what Snyder already shot.

“They haven’t said ‘oh, we need to add additional [photography] – we need to do a whole bunch more,’ or anything like that at this point, so, the footage and the amount of footage in the film, as of right now, the majority of the footage that you’re going to see on the screen is still the footage that was previously shot during principal photography.”

'Reshoots' or 'Additional Photography'?

Hughes went on to talk about what is being added, and much like the Wonder Woman reshoots from Patty Jenkins they’re only adding footage to clarify or streamline or flesh out certain scenes.

He also spoke about the terminology and the differences between phrases like “reshoots” and “additional photography,” which carry meaningful connotations when it comes to productions of this magnitude.

“They are doing… it’s not an insignificant… amount, it’s mostly new footage, the reshoots – and some people insist the terminology doesn’t matter and that “reshoots” is common [sic], well no, the terminology does matter to people that make movies and know what these things are, and it matters if you’re saying something’s a “reshoot” when it’s not a reshoot – that matters,” Hughes said.

“But to the extent that that’s just a technicality, the shoots and reshoots combined that are happening and then the also pickups to fill some stuff in is not going to be the majority of the film and it’s not going to be some huge vast portion of the movie.”

So all of those reports of Justice League being unwatchable and Whedon doing a complete overhaul to “fix” the movie could be blown out of proportion.

Enough Time?

But that might leave some wondering why it’s taking so long?

“As of right now, despite the fact that there’s been some extended time and it’s like ‘ok, if this is still – why are they still doing shoots on this,’ there’s been a lot of downtime in between shooting because of people’s schedules – they have not been shooting this entire time. The amount of content that has been shot and is being shot is still pretty much what they expected and figured was going to be happening,” Hughes said.

Fans should keep in mind that Justice League’s cast is filled out with in-demand actors. In fact, it’s kind of amazing that Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot have the most open schedules, but that could be due to their personal circumstances at this time.

But Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, and Henry Cavill are all busy shooting other movies.

It helps that Miller’s Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 2 and Momoa’s Aquaman are both under the Warner Bros. banner, but Cavill’s primary gig at this point is shooting Mission: Impossible 6. They might have caught a break there with that production being temporarily shut down due to star Tom Cruise suffering an unfortunate injury, but the shoot is still at the mercy of the actors’ schedules.

“I know I’ve seen people worried and say ‘why is it taking so long,’ it’s because this is post – this is reshooting and filming that requires people’s schedules to line up, getting things in order, so it has not been as easy as they expected it to be when this was all being planned months ago,” Hughes said.
    texas409
    Also, director of Shazam has confirmed that Billy Batson/Shazam will be played by 2 different actors. People were originally saying that they had plans to do one actor and just digitally de-age him for billy batson which sounds stupid af.
    nujerz84Breezy_Kilroyillestni99ainnesapp08_2001
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 64,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So thread still broken?
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
    'Justice League Dark' Script Gets New Coat Of Polish As Movie Hunts For Director

The script for Justice League Dark is reportedly getting some updates, courtesy of one of the film's potential directors.

Gerard Johnstone has been hired to "do a polish on the script" for the DC Extended Universe film, according to a recent report from Deadline. Johnstone is best known for his 2014 horror-comedy film Housebound, which reportedly helped him be up for consideration for Justice League Dark.

While this doesn't neccesarily mean that Johnstone will end up directing Justice League Dark, the writer-director apparently "made an impression on the studio with his presentation." Although this directly counteracts a recent report that Warner Bros. was 'underwhelmed' with the past few presentations, it's sounds like Johnstone has won them over in some way.

Justice League Dark is set to follow an ensemble of some of DC Comics' most mystical characters, including John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Deadman, Zatanna, and Etrigan the Demon.

The film has been in various stages of pre-production for quite some time, with Guillermo Del Toro initially planning to write and direct the feature. Doug Liman was then attached to the film, but left to helm Chaos Walking. In the months since, names such as Damian Szifron and It director Andres Muschietti have been rumored to be attached.

With many fans eagerly anticipating the Justice League Dark's debut on the big screen, here's hoping that Johnstone's involvement is a step towards that happening.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/08/29/justice-league-dark-film-script-gerard-johnstone/
    texas409
    'Shazam' Director Reveals How He's Tackling The Film's Pre-Production

Pre-production officially began on the Shazam! movie yesterday, and it looks like the film's director is hitting the soft drinks hard.

David F. Sandberg kicked things off with a photo on his Instagram yesterday, depicting a lone Coke Zero can against a blank wall at Warner Bros. Studio. Now that the second day of production is in the books, Sandberg posted an update - of eight Coke Zero cans against the same wall.

It's unclear if Sandberg consumed all of these Coke Zeros himself, or if the can collection is a collaborative effort with those working to bring Billy Batson's story to life. But judging by Sandberg's comments that his Coke Zero habit might send him to "the hospital", fans can safely expect him to continue the sugar high over the course of the film's production.

Shazam! is the next DC Extended Universe film to enter production, and Sandberg has already popped plenty of secrets about the project. The film is expected to bring a comedic, bubbly tone to the cinematic universe, and will be influenced by a wide variety of Shazam! comics. And while we don't know who will star in the film, Sandberg recently confirmed that both versions of Billy Batson - the adult superhero and his child alter-ego - will be played by two actors.

Judging by the response to Sandberg's Coke Zero updates, it seems like the hype around Shazam! won't fizzle out anytime soon.

Expect to hear more news about the movie as pre-production rolls along.

Shazam! was initially announced to be released on April 5, 2019, but its unclear if the movie will stick to that date at this point.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/08/30/shazam-movie-david-f-sandberg-pre-production-coke-cans/
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »

Them racist white comic fans about to be mad. lol She ain't even a light bright. She a straight up chocolate sista.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    Recaptimus_Prime360clairvoyance#1hiphopjunki3
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One movie for DC next yr is kinda trash
    soul rattler
  • SplackavelliSplackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 18,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nj2089 wrote: »
    One movie for DC next yr is kinda trash

Better than no movies for dc next year
    Lou_Cyphernj2089#1hiphopjunki3
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man they want the DC universe to fail hard
    Lou_Cypher
    edited August 31
    It's funny how everyone complains about Marvel fatigue and how the MCU is playing itself out because they put out like 3 or 4 Marvel Studios joints every year. That's the justification for Spidey's less than stellar performance this summer compared to the expectation (first Spidey movie to break a billion and something that would really outgross the last 2 Spideys)

So here's DC trying to protect their brand by not overexposing it and there is a problem with that too lol. Fanboys.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Splackavellisapp08_2001texas409nujerz84
  • SplackavelliSplackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 18,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31
    nj2089 wrote: »
    So nobody watched that new animated Batman and Harley Quinn movie ?

saw it the other night. very comical,full of jokes. soooo... Harley let night wing tap dat ass(dat ass indeed!) poison ivy and the floranic man ate lsd yams and merged into a tree and had plant sex?(possibly) it was dope very entertaining.
    Shit i didnt know the Batman/Harley Quinn movie dropped already. Gonna check that out when i get home. Wonder what they will do after "Gotham By Gaslight".

Hope they do a animation of Kingdom Come or Red Son.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 64,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »

Them racist white comic fans about to be mad. lol She ain't even a light bright. She a straight up chocolate sista.

Which makes it even more glorious.
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
    She's gonna be great. She's fucking hot and Starfire is first and foremost...hot!

My boy Dick Grayson's been blessed.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke