What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Replies

• SplackavelliSplackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People stay complaining about CGI, like you'd actually believe the spaceships and demons were really on set while the movie was being filmed.

As long as the shit don't look like Nintendo 64 graphics, I'm good.

....or nollywood(nigerian)actionmovie quality effects
    ....or mortal kombat anihilation level cgi.
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ben Affleck Reveals The Reason He Decided To Play Batman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=37&v=wIK3h3w8fPU

Ben Affleck made a big decision when he signed on to become Batman in the DC Extended Universe, and it turns out the reason he took the job is pretty simple.

Affleck was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live, where he showed a clip from of Bruce Wayne, played by himself, interacting with the Flash, played by Ezra Miller. Affleck reflected on the great chemistry the Justice League stars had with each other on set and how uncomfortable his Batman costume is before revealing why he decided to put the suit on in the first place.

“Literally, the reason I took this movie is imagining wearing that costume and I’ve got a little boy and having my son see me,” Affleck says. “Everybody wants their kid to think of them as a superhero before they get too smart.”

That plan may have backfired a bit, as Affleck explained to Kimmel.

“My son, two weeks ago, said to me, ‘Dad, there’s one costume I want in the whole wide world. Can you get it?’ And I said, ‘Ya know, I have some connections.’ And then he told me who he wanted to be.”

Kimmel then took out a photo that Affleck had brought with him of his son dress up like Ezra Miller’s Flash.

Despite his warm-hearted reasons for wanted to be Batman, Affleck confirmed in a recent interview that he is already considering how to transition out of the role.

“You don’t do it forever, so I want to find a graceful and cool way to segue out of it,” Affleck

Justice League currently has a 4.17 out of 5 ComicBook.com User Anticipation rating making it the second most anticipated upcoming comic book movie among ComicBook.com readers. Let us know how excited you are for Justice League by giving the movie your own personal ComicBook.com User Anticipation Rating below.

Justice League opens in theaters on November 17, 2017. The film will be followed in the DC Extended Universe by Aquaman on December 21, 2018, Wonder Woman 2 on November 1, 2019, Shazam on April 5, 2019, Cyborg in 2020, and Green Lantern Corps in 2020.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/14/why-did-ben-affleck-play-batman/
    soul rattler
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Got Back from the film...

Spoilers no plot points just 3 biggest things DC comic fans would like to know
    Green Lantern... There is a Green Lantern Appearance.. Diana tells Bruce the story of Steppenwolf first time on Earth... Amazons, Atlantians and All Tribes of Man Joined to fight him and his parademons. She Said said something to the effect of "We also had warriors from other worlds" and its a Alien Green Lantern IDK who it was but it has the Green Lantern Symbol on its Chest, Green Aura and Ring . But he dies in the battle and the ring comes off his finger and goes flying away from it, obviously seeking its next bearer...

Possible additonal spoiler... it not said who the guy was... most likely it was Zeus but it could have been the Wizard Of Shazzam who blasted Steppenwolf during that battle.

Mid Credit Scene is The Flash and Superman Racing..

End Credit Scene is Arkham Asylum guard goes to pick up Lex Luthor guy turns around its an imposter he as weird smile on his face and starts laughing (possible Joker Involvement here) then we see a small boat driving to Big Boat.. Its Deathstroke... he goes to Luthor, Deathstroke goes you better not be wasting my time, Lex tells him that since they having a Justice League...that then they need to have a League of there own (obvious Injustice League Reference)

Those are spoilers fuckboi!

No shit that why I said they were spoilers and put into as Spoilers..but arent major plot points all 3 scenes total are less than 5 minutes combined.
    Cyborg says boo-ya
    Do you think the Green Lantern featured in the film could be Abin Sur? the Lantern that died and Hal gets his ring from??
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Got Back from the film...

Spoilers no plot points just 3 biggest things DC comic fans would like to know
    Green Lantern... There is a Green Lantern Appearance.. Diana tells Bruce the story of Steppenwolf first time on Earth... Amazons, Atlantians and All Tribes of Man Joined to fight him and his parademons. She Said said something to the effect of "We also had warriors from other worlds" and its a Alien Green Lantern IDK who it was but it has the Green Lantern Symbol on its Chest, Green Aura and Ring . But he dies in the battle and the ring comes off his finger and goes flying away from it, obviously seeking its next bearer...

Possible additonal spoiler... it not said who the guy was... most likely it was Zeus but it could have been the Wizard Of Shazzam who blasted Steppenwolf during that battle.

Mid Credit Scene is The Flash and Superman Racing..

End Credit Scene is Arkham Asylum guard goes to pick up Lex Luthor guy turns around its an imposter he as weird smile on his face and starts laughing (possible Joker Involvement here) then we see a small boat driving to Big Boat.. Its Deathstroke... he goes to Luthor, Deathstroke goes you better not be wasting my time, Lex tells him that since they having a Justice League...that then they need to have a League of there own (obvious Injustice League Reference)

Those are spoilers fuckboi!

No shit that why I said they were spoilers and put into as Spoilers..but arent major plot points all 3 scenes total are less than 5 minutes combined.
    Cyborg says boo-ya
    Do you think the Green Lantern featured in the film could be Abin Sur? the Lantern that died and Hal gets his ring from??
    Its not Abin Sur, he is one of the most recognizable Lantern's. This Green Lantern that dies takes place thousands of years ago. I'm sure at some point someone really up on Comic History will be able to ID who it was.. They been around for thousands of years with hundreds if not thousands of Lanterns

Also to follow up on my thoughts on the Film... As i stated there is lots of comedic jokes/quips most hit but some don't you may be those who think all of it is corny/wack Marvel Like etc. Just like those who feel the CGI and Steppenwolf being a pretty bland Villian are movie killers but. Plot is pretty straight to the point and easy to understand. Its not like BVS where we are asking how Luthor knows Bats/Supes identity or why he has an obsession with Superman.
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

IC Battle Rap Stans Most Hated.

s-l300.jpg
    Lou_Cypher
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked BVS alot. The extended Blu ray only solidified that that movie was far from mediocre now Suicide Squad that shit was trash
    soul rattler
  • metal face terroristmetal face terrorist ILPosts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I told niggas Stepphenwolf was a trash villain, just a Ares rehash.
    Meester
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    I liked BVS alot. The extended Blu ray only solidified that that movie was far from mediocre now Suicide Squad that shit was trash

I never saw the extended but know someone who went from hating it (theatrical) to completely loving it after seeing the extended. Like she legit considers it one of her favorite superhero joints and a top 3 Batman movie.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Lou_Cyphertexas409
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually enjoyed the theatrical cut so I definitely gotta give the ultimate cut a try.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    IamNumberOne
    I concur, I loved theatrical version, but once I saw the ultimate I was blown away that they couldn't put that in theaters.
    Built 4 cuban linxtexas409Huey_Ciron man1LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the pre & post production chaos , re-writes,re-shots, director having crazy family issues etc,etc

The movie is pretty damn good for what it is
    Lou_Cypher
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a.mann wrote: »
    With all the pre & post production chaos , re-writes,re-shots, director having crazy family issues etc,etc

let us know what makes it damn good without spoiling too much
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 44,196 Regulator
    People stay complaining about CGI, like you'd actually believe the spaceships and demons were really on set while the movie was being filmed.

As long as the shit don't look like Nintendo 64 graphics, I'm good.

Fake outrage per usual
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
    iron man1soul rattler
    The Feminist bitching over what the Amazons are wearing calling part of Rape Culture smfh fucking absurd.
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

s-l300.jpg
    soul rattlernj2089texas409Lou_Cypher
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15

Well, as a longstanding comic book head, I had to "train" myself years ago as to view these films as someone who isn't familiar with and doesn't know anything about the source material

With that, I feel as a movie they got the pacing & tone right, the writing was good (considering the production hell and re-writes, there's actually only a few truly cringe worthy lines), the plot made sense for what it was,(far as you could follow along without feeling lost & overwhelmed) the action was super (no pun intended), they didn't over do it on the comedic element( look at you Thor!) , the throwbacks to the previous film was do very well and made sense

The character interaction exceeded my expectations (something I thought would drag the film,along with the plot)
    The motivate as to what drove each character to join up made sense

My personal favorite part of the movie:
    The return was handled very,VERY well...again far exceeded my expectations

The following fight was beast.....really showed his power and how the others measure up to it. No one played a "jobber" to make him look good....it was just an honest demonstration as to where he stands on the power-scale compared to them

As someone who came up reading the comics my only gripe would be "Pete Parker" with the Speed Force, not THAT bad,
    but comparison Aquaman "dude" was more "tolerable."

Cyborg,Batman,S-man and Wonder Wonder characterization was spot on
    Lou_Cyphertexas409
  • Huey_CHuey_C I'm a fucking prick.. Lord Huey Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meester wrote: »
    Wait.....

So batman vs superman was actually good?!?!

Fanboys
    texas409The Lonious MonkMorganFreemanKingsapp08_2001L3NU
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Only complaints i keep seeing is the cgi and the villain

I was watching a soccer game last night and the trailer came on half time. Lots of fire explosions and shit... the CGI looked meh

I'll still see it Friday or Saturday though but my hopes are just plain
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...
  • SplackavelliSplackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, as a longstanding comic book head, I had to "train" myself years ago as to view these films as someone who isn't familiar with and doesn't know anything about the source material

With that, I feel as a movie they got the pacing & tone right, the writing was good (considering the production hell and re-writes, there's actually only a few truly cringe worthy lines), the plot made sense for what it was,(far as you could follow along without feeling lost & overwhelmed) the action was super (no pun intended), they didn't over do it on the comedic element( look at you Thor!) , the throwbacks to the previous film was do very well and made sense

The character interaction exceeded my expectations (something I thought would drag the film,along with the plot)
    The motivate as to what drove each character to join up made sense

My personal favorite part of the movie:
    The return was handled very,VERY well...again far exceeded my expectations

The following fight was beast.....really showed his power and how the others measure up to it. No one played a "jobber" to make him look good....it was just an honest demonstration as to where he stands on the power-scale compared to them

As someone who came up reading the comics my only gripe would be "Pete Parker" with the Speed Force, not THAT bad,
    but comparison Aquaman "dude" was more "tolerable."

Cyborg,Batman,S-man and Wonder Wonder characterization was spot on

Is the movie out already?
  • fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 4,195 Regulator

Roth & Dan have spoken.

404_thanksobama.gif
    source.gif

• lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    51 on metacritic
    CottonCitySlimHundredEyes sapp08_2001LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    You got 6 scenes shown in various Trailers that didnt make the movie..unless fan screening is a different version

Alfred Scene everyone was debating who he was talking too, not in movie.

Barry Allen Touch the Glass in slo mo shattering not in movie

Clark saying “I guess its a yes.” to Lois about wedding ring

Cyborg telling Bats “I heard bout you didnt think u were real” “Im real when its Useful”

Steppenwolf No Protectors Here dialouge not in movie.

Wonder Woman saying “”Shall We” as she about to attack”
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

s-l300.jpg
    jmol