What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The future of fake news; AI-generated Obama

VIBEVIBE Posts: 53,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
Looks too real and this is the future of fake news and the bullshit that comes with it.

Meester

Replies

• Lurkristocrat Lurkristocrat Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Angeles1son85Angeles1son85 I'm an animal I shoulda been born in Jumanji Los AngelesPosts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn crazy i re member they did this for nba players to have the lips match up to words as a joke but this is pretty much dead on
  • leftcoastkevleftcoastkev .....but anything else...Not My Job Beaches and Bridges, CAPosts: 6,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dick Gregory spoke of this and said you can't trust videos put out by the cops or government.
    Meester5onblackhandside
  •  i ro ny i ro ny Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robert7328 wrote: »
    This problem can be easily fixed.

Use the same digital signature approach that Windows use on executables when you right-click on file > Properties > Digital Signatures tab.

patch-properties.png

On major video sites driven by user-content like YouTube; Facebook; Twitter; and etcetera, they are going to require user videos to have a digital signature to verify authenticity and have publishers stand behind their work.

Otherwise, assume the video's contents are fake.

To make shit even more streamlined, governments and regulators can force major browser makers to put "lack of digital signature" warnings before videos of certain dimensions are even played back in the browsers. I guess, dunno.

What you're saying is true.

But the way social media is set up, news spreads too fast. What if something slips thru the cracks too fast for verification? Terrorists ain't waiting for verification.
    MeesterLurkristocrat VIBE
  • Beech Oss NeegaBeech Oss Neega Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would they make this shit knowing that it WILL be used for evil? They just handed the bad guys a loaded gun
    Go figure
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they can make a fake video of Trump declaring war on North Korea....scary.

izsej6W8x1bly.png
     i ro nyBreezy_Kilroy
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robert7328 wrote: »
    This problem can be easily fixed.

Use the same digital signature approach that Windows use on executables when you right-click on file > Properties > Digital Signatures tab.

patch-properties.png

On major video sites driven by user-content like YouTube; Facebook; Twitter; and etcetera, they are going to require user videos to have a digital signature to verify authenticity and have publishers stand behind their work.

Otherwise, assume the video's contents are fake.

To make shit even more streamlined, governments and regulators can force major browser makers to put "lack of digital signature" warnings before videos of certain dimensions are even played back in the browsers. I guess, dunno.

That shit sounds good in theory but this the same government in the name of corporate profits sided with the industry and won't label packages cloned meat that they selling in the grocery store.
    so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79

Robert7328KingFreeman
  • Angeles1son85Angeles1son85 I'm an animal I shoulda been born in Jumanji Los AngelesPosts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so can we making a video of obama sayin fuk trump and goin on a rant lol
    KingFreeman
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 53,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Yeah. Declaring anything, really.. we can be duped into thinking another world leader said something which would lead to war, invasion of their country etc..
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 53,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes you think back to those 2007 Bin Laden videos now..
     i ro nyHuey_Ctexas409
  • MeesterMeester Je$$ie Ventura Outrage LandPosts: 16,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Let the dead bury the dead..

No need to give them ideas