What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

With the success of "It", what other classic king movies you think should be remade?

PILL_COSBYPILL_COSBY GRAB HER BY THE PUDDING!ZIP ZOP ZOOBITY BOP DAAAAW!!!Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 17 in Lights, Camera, Action!
EDIT: STEPHEN KING MOVIES ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a huge horror/mystery fan and king is my all time favorite. I pretty much seen everything of his and read a few books as well. I enjoyed everything, anything that drops by him I fuck with it off top.

With that being said. I, and most of you have gotten tired of these random remakes that have been dropping for a few years now. A lot of the remakes were from movies that didn't even have time to age lol. The remakes of classics mostly failed. The classic movies that did have good remakes really didn't need one. The production and everything else was on point and they really needed to just be left alone. Now one thing that always held most of king's classic movies back was their low budgets. Usually the actors they used were cheesy/corny as well. But the story was so good we pretty much let all that slide. The weird creepy classic soundtracks add on to us letting it slide as well. There's a good amount of classic movies that really need a remake for the new generation to experience. But king's need them the most, in my opinion.

I been saying for years that "IT" seriously needed a remake the most. The horror gawds granted my wish and it was GLORIOUS!!(just like I thought it would be). With this new hope, it got me to thinking about his other classics that need a serious upgrade. Here's some I think out of all of them need one the most.

1. sleepwalkers(made me look at cats differently)
2. Thinner
3. Maximum overdrive(CHUNN!! CHUNN!!! CHUNN!! CHUNN!!)
4. The running man

All of these movies would make a killing today with a proper budget and today's special effects. I can just see certain scenes in my head done properly. The great scenes made even better. Maximum overdrive updated to modern times would be insane with all the machines/tech we use today. Sleepwalkers was already weird as fuck. But with upgraded non cheesy looking monsters it would be even weirder. The running man with an upgrade to the weapons, costumes, and death traps would be amazing. Thinner just needs a remake period. It just deserves to be shown again with a new coat of paint.

zx8wa8.jpg
Bitch claiming she the queen, what? Not hardly/
Who the fuck gave you your crown bitch? Steve Harvey?

Replies

• Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,094 Regulator
    Needful Things

The Blob

Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon

The Wraith
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
    jee504Revolver OcelotTonyDubbzsapp08_2001
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,094 Regulator
    Cube

Nightmare On Elm Street The Dream Warriors

Jason Take Manhattan

Candyman? (ehhhhhhhhh)

if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia
    Revolver OcelotHuey_CTrollio Sion
  • Lord_Hades_08Lord_Hades_08 Posts: 73 ✭✭
    #1 CreepShow
    Silver Bullet
    Cujo
    silverfoxxsapp08_2001Sion

Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon

Candyman? (ehhhhhhhhh)

tenor.gif

Still need to address what happened to the baby from the first one...

Candyman either needs a reboot or a sequel.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

King Of The Onomatopoeia
    Ecks Vs Sever
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

King Of The Onomatopoeia
    Betaatribecalledgabisapp08_2001BenjaminE
  • jay83jay83 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13
    That God awful langoliers movie
    1325192299_surfing_fail.gif

onetoughmiraclePILL_COSBY
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cujo could work

sleep walkers

maximum overdrive

thinner

and pet cemetary
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firestarter remake just got greenlit so take that off the list
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why y'all naming none king movies?

I'm sorry, It had to be done though
  • bdbdbdbdbdbd Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13
    hold the fuck on, stephen king wrote all these books?

anyways theres one i think he wrote about the guy who was a writer, got into a car crash or something and this crazy woman was taking care of him, i liked that film
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/531712/scumbag/p12

^^^^^^

The scumbag thread

Embrace the Scumshine
    Revolver Ocelot
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 50,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolan's Cadillac could be a cool film too. They would have to make up a big part of the story though as it was just a short story.
  • nawledge_godnawledge_god DJ Kat Show shirt wearin' ass nigga Chiraq RefugeePosts: 5,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make This A 2-Parter As Well

The_Tommyknockers_%28miniseries%29.png
    Joker_De_La_LoverSion
  • Rampage12Rampage12 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    hold the fuck on, stephen king wrote all these books?

anyways theres one i think he wrote about the guy who was a writer, got into a car crash or something and this crazy woman was taking care of him, i liked that film

You're talking about Misery. That shit don't need to be remade...it's already a masterpiece and probably one of the top 3 King adaptions.
    onetoughmiraclePILL_COSBY
    edited September 14
    A remake of Christine would be nice with the special effects they have these days. That shit just didn't work in 1983 or whenever the movie was made.

Also it never actually got made into a movie but The Eyes of the Dragon would do numbers especially with how big Game of Thrones has become.

Also Salem's Lot considering the original was a TV movie that was made in 1979 so alot of it was neutered much like the original It.
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 43,994 Regulator
    Remake anything except Shawshank Redemption
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    Rampage12
    Remake anything except Shawshank Redemption

You really think Misery, Stand By Me, or The Green Mile need to be remade???
    Sion
  • mc317mc317 Deranged Meat the landPosts: 5,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hole
    Meatheads Revenge
    Devils Hymen
    Nuckfuts
    Thanks For the Ride Lady
    Who's in Her Mouth
    Cold Sardines Cold Sardines fuck em and feed em Cold Sardines
    BenjaminEPILL_COSBY
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,350 Regulator
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Candyman is definitely the one remake I wouldnt mind seeing. They will have to do it justice though.

A remake of pet semetary or cujo migjt be cool for king films.

Iuno know bout a Candyman remake they'll bomb it SMMFH. Especially if they're dumb enough to go by the book. In the book you don't see him till near the end and it's a ghost, he's a white man with blonde hair, there's no bees and the say his name 5 times shit isn't even in the book. It also doesn't take place in Chicago iirc it takes place somewhere in England. Clive was cheesed with some of the changes (the say his name 5 times) when they did that but liked the final result so much and the hype it generated that he accepted it.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    Revolver Ocelot
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,350 Regulator
    edited September 14
    Movies like It and Shawshank Redemption worked so well because of the choice in directors and producers. It had a relatively unknown cast with a very underrated and we'll respected director.

When you have too much "Hollywood" out on something it never comes out properly because the guys on the yacht don't care about respecting the source material they want box office numbers SMMFH. They must understand that if you make a good movie and respect the source material it will do well SMMFH. Disney Marvel knows that, Harry Potter knows that....
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    Flatliners remake looks promising...
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

King Of The Onomatopoeia
    Sion