What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Why Isn't Snoop Discussed More With The GOATS???

Replies

• GetoBoyGetoBoy M.O.B. Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13
    Snoop really has sum slept on albums from the looks of it with niggaz saying he only got 1 or 2 good albums... The Snoop albums I fuck with
    Doggystyle
    Tha Dogg Father (I didn't think it was as bad as ppl say it just wasn't doggystyle)
    That No limit Top Dogg album
    Last Meal
    Paid the cost to be the boss
    Ego tripping
    R&G
    Blue Carpet Treatment

More then 1 or 2 of them are good to great albums everything ain't gotta be a classic or nothing
    KNiGHTS
  • Angeles1son85Angeles1son85 I'm an animal I shoulda been born in Jumanji Los AngelesPosts: 12,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think u already know what you get with snoop but i think the fact he trys to ride these young dudes waves instead of holding it down and pretty much every verse about weed or him calling himself uncle snoop lol
    nex gin
  • THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Snoop really has sum slept on albums from the looks of it with niggaz saying he only got 1 or 2 good albums... The Snoop albums I fuck with
    Doggystyle
    Tha Dogg Father (I didn't think it was as bad as ppl say it just wasn't doggystyle)
    Last Meal
    Ego tripping
    R&G
    Blue Carpet Treatment

More then 1 or 2 of them are good to great albums everything ain't gotta be a classic or nothing

I LIKE ALL OF THESE ALBUMS EXCEPT EGO TRIPPIN AND R&G...
    BUT I'D ALSO ADD 7 DAYZ OF FUNK TO THE LIST.
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
    rip.dilla
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 19,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my quarterback

8rrg0cauka83.gif
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
    TrillfateCleveland7venty6StewMallyG
  • black caesarblack caesar Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bkkbully wrote: »
    Tha Last Meal is a classic record and is highly underrated.

That was a good album too, but not a classic. It didn't shake the game up.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    THE_R_genocidecutter
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13
    Doggystyle
    Last Meal
    Ego tripping
    R&G
    Blue Carpet Treatment

I'll add..

7 Days of Funk with Dam Funk and Bush with Pharrell both fire funk/soul inspired records..
    Mac & Devin Go to High School with Wiz Khalifa another surprisingly good pot head album that had radio hits.
    Both Eastsidaz albums hood classics..
    Reincarnated admirable attempt of stepping into a different realm working with all reggae/dancehall artists..
    Malice N Wonderland, Doggumentary, Coolaid, Neva Left all got solid songs, the issue is these albums are too long. They woulda been much better if trimmed down but still he has quality on there you should pull out for your playlists..

The No Limit albums are fire. Personally The Last Meal is a classic to me. The Doggfather is underrated because it didn't meet Doggystyle expectations.

He put Dogg Pound, Nate Dogg, Warren G on essentially.. we wouldn't have none of that if not for Snoop.

He also has hella dope mixtapes, compilations, collaborations, classic soundtrack songs, etc..

Snoop is one of the few artists in hip hop that woulda been able to make it in other eras in different genres. The boy got soul and charisma. Easily the most underappreciated rapper ever.
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
    GetoBoyrip.dilla
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's a HipHop legend to me. I'm still a fan too....

There's hardly anyone one in the music industry both within and outside rap music who hasn't made music with Snoop. Just on collabos alone the man is legendary...

And he's unapologetically a pothead
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...
    GetoBoybuttuh_bStew
    ^^^C/S THA EASTSIDAZ & COOLAID...
    213 WAS COOL TOO...FUCK ALL THAT OTHER SHIT THO...
    Doggystyle
    Last Meal
    Ego tripping
    R&G
    Blue Carpet Treatment

Ego Trippin and Tha Dogg Father were wack.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    GetoBoybuttuh_b
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Doggystyle
    Last Meal
    Ego tripping
    R&G
    Blue Carpet Treatment

I'll add..

7 Days of Funk with Dam Funk and Bush with Pharrell both fire funk/soul inspired records..
    Mac & Devin Go to High School with Wiz Khalifa another surprisingly good pot head album that had radio hits.
    Reincarnated admirable attempt of stepping into a different realm working with all reggae/dancehall artists..
    Malice N Wonderland, Doggumentary, Coolaid, Neva Left all got solid songs, the issue is these albums are too long. They woulda been much better if trimmed down but still he has quality on there you should pull out for your playlists..

The No Limit albums are fire. Personally The Last Meal is a classic to me. The Doggfather is underrated because it didn't meet Doggystyle expectations.

He put Dogg Pound, Nate Dogg, Warren G on essentially.. we wouldn't have none of that if not for Snoop.

He also has hella dope mixtapes, compilations, collaborations, classic soundtrack songs, etc..

Snoop is one of the few artists in hip hop that woulda been able to make it in other eras in different genres. The boy got soul and charisma. Easily the most underappreciated rapper ever.

7 days was tight, but it wasn't a solo Snoop album, but it was great.
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
    Ego Trippin was fire. Sexual Eruption one of the best songs in music history. I wish they woulda continued that production team of Quik, Dogg and Teddy Riley.

Neva Have 2 Worry, Press Play, Set's Up, Waste of Time all superb records that don't sound like anything else. Also that Cool remake and the country jawn with Willie Nelson was some crazy shit. I was high as hell listening to that Willie Nelson song vibing out one day.

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    Revolver OcelotCainMrCrookedLetteraladdin1978black caesar
  • GetoBoyGetoBoy M.O.B. Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13
    Doggystyle
    Last Meal
    Ego tripping
    R&G
    Blue Carpet Treatment

I'll add..

THE_R_ wrote: »
    ^^^C/S THA EASTSIDAZ & COOLAID...
    213 WAS COOL TOO...FUCK ALL THAT OTHER SHIT THO...

213 and The Eastsidaz was dope too that's why I'm lost on niggaz acting like Snoop only been good for 2 dope albums his catalog is full of dope albums.... Snoop has the resume to be top 5 but you barely hear him in ppl top 10's I mean off impact alone he top 10 nigga made rappers gang banging cool ask a old while lady name a rapper she's heard of and bet they all say "ummmm that Snoop doggy dogg fella" lol
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 19,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R&G wouldve been considered a classic if it didn't come out during the shift in hip-hop. Ringtone era was a awful time for dope albums.

The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

GetoBoyrip.dilla
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13
    The boy got soul ....

And that's all that matters for me as regards rappers and their craft. Snoop is heavily inspired by 70s soul music..
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snoop has always struck me more as a big time Hip Hop personality than a big time Hip Hop artist. After Doggystyle, musically, he did just enough to keep his name relevant, but he never did anything else major after that. As a personality in the game though, he was always doing little things to keep his name ringing. I think if not for that, people wouldn't even talk about him as much as they do now. I ain't going to say everything he did after Doggystle was wack, but it wasn't all that good either.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    deemula420
  • BetaBeta NH Posts: 62,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because snoop more known for being the cool charismatic OG than his music at this point. Nobody got snoop in they top 10

Snoop ain't been shit on a major level in about 10 years
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

CashmoneyDuxgenocidecutter5th Letter
    Beta wrote: »
    Because snoop more known for being the cool charismatic OG than his music at this point. Nobody got snoop in they top 10

Fuck lol. I googled Young, Wild, & Free. That shit came out 6 years. Time is flying way too fast.
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

BetaCashmoneyDuxLcnsdbyROYALTY
    Beta wrote: »

Name me some rappers that came out in 92 that have been popping on a mainstream level in the last 10 years.

I can say none of my favorites. Last big Ghostface album was Fishscale 2006. Last big Scarface album Made 2007. Last Nas album to really make noise Hip Hop is Dead 2006. Ice Cube Laugh Now, Cry Later 2006, Lil Wayne Carter 4 2011.. Biggie 1997, Tupac 1996..

Instead of being disrespectful maybe y'all should educate yourself and go revisit the hot shit he dropped all those years. If you want me to name a list of songs or drop a playlist I can help yall out.

Go back and hear some of the hardest shit Suga Free, Kokane and others was spitting on Snoop albums. It's so many gems.

THE_R_CashmoneyDuxrip.dilla5th LetterDarthRozayOnnaThursday
    I'D ARGUE THAT NAS' LAST BIG ALBUM WAS UNTITLED...
    OTHER THAN THAT...YOU MAKE A GOOD POINT...
  • nex ginnex gin Keep It Simple Stupid Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snoop has always struck me more as a big time Hip Hop personality than a big time Hip Hop artist. After Doggystyle, musically, he did just enough to keep his name relevant, but he never did anything else major after that. As a personality in the game though, he was always doing little things to keep his name ringing. I think if not for that, people wouldn't even talk about him as much as they do now. I ain't going to say everything he did after Doggystle was wack, but it wasn't all that good either.

I think this is spot on.
    The person who controls your anger controls you.

The conventional mind is passive. It consumes information and
    regurgitates it in familiar forms. The dimensional mind is active
    transforming everything it digests into something new & original,
    creating instead of consuming.

Excuses don't solve problems.

Life is a series of serious choices
    Theories are formed from experience, never mysterious forces
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snoop the most overrated "legend"
    tumblr_mldz8wN84X1rc2u19o2_400.gif

icUWzM.gif

Top 10: