What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Why Isn't Snoop Discussed More With The GOATS???

Replies

• natural born sinnersnatural born sinners Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because while Doggystyle is a classic and easily a top 5 gangsta rap album, the rest of his albums are well bleh.

This right here. Is the LL cool J effect also. He been around a very long time dropping sub par shit which has affected how we look at his early classic material. He is a goat in terms of impact, but not so much catalog wise
    onetoughmiracleRanxx
  • Jonah 2.0Jonah 2.0 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snoop is a hip hop icon/legend but I can't say he's one of the greatest of all time when it comes to MCs.
    THE_R_onetoughmiracle
  • THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Lol at judging Snoop by him not dropping another Doggystyle smh....

ITS THE DOUBLE-EDGE SWORD...
    I PERSONALLY DON'T THINK ANOTHER DOGGYSTYLE WAS EVER REALISTIC...
    ESPECIALLY AFTER BEATING THAT CASE SHORTLY AFTER ITS RELEASE...
    THEN PAC GETTING KILLED ALONG W/ THE TURMOIL @ THA ROW...

HE NEEDED SOME NEW SHIT THAT WASN'T "ANOTHER DOGGYSTYLE"
    I THINK HE WENT FOR THAT AND SUCCEEDED...
    BUT JUST NO CLASSIC ALBUMS...
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
    onetoughmiracle
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blue carpet and R and G are classics to me
    southsil4lil
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 13,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you love soul music from the 70's, 80's but you grew up on some g shit in 90's 2000's and got izm pumping through your blood you can appreciate this but I forgot most of y'all some square ass square butts. I bet you can't name 3 DJ Quik albums

BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
    texas409
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 43,994 Regulator
    Snoop got westcoast classics. Smh at some of you niggas saying snoop never was lyrical. That nigga made party music and cruising music. He's one of the most recognizable faces in the West along with Ice Cube. He's definitely a legend.
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    buttuh_brip.dillatexas409onetoughmiracle
    Doggystyle, Last Meal and R&G are right up there with any rapper's top 3 albums. His shit is just spread out and he doesn't limit himself to one sound.

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    Joker_De_La_Lover
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberPosts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to up those 100s of "who is your top 5" IC threads and see how many niggas in here fighting so hard named Snoop.
    Revolver Ocelot
    We need to up those 100s of "who is your top 5" IC threads and see how many niggas in here fighting so hard named Snoop.

Who cares, Snoop ain't in my top 5 but I'm tired of the disrespect.. people run around acting like they know everything about music but stuck on the same bullshit and never took time appreciate all the other great artists who have fire ass discographies. Shit is corny

Joker_De_La_LoverRevolver OcelotonetoughmiracleRanxx
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 43,994 Regulator
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Who cares, Snoop ain't in my top 5 but I'm tired of the disrespect.. people run around acting like they know everything about music but stuck on the same bullshit and never took time appreciate all the other great artists who have fire ass discographies. Shit is corny

I agree. The discography of snoop, 40 water, cube, quik, eiht, and spice 1 shits on most of their favorites
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    GetoBoybuttuh_bRevolver OcelotAggieLean.texas409
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberPosts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13

What do you mean who cares? Read the title. That's the point of the thread. Niggas gave they reasons why he's not in the top 5 and y'all niggas went over the edge like people are saying he's not a legend. Y'all know damn well if we up them threads, Snoop was barely named but y'all in here bullshitting, That's what's corny
    Revolver Ocelot
    Beta wrote: »
    We not saying he's a legend. Whats the title of the thread? Y all writing paragraphs and shit lol

And shit like

"Ashtrays and Heartbreaks"
    (featuring Miley Cyrus)

Is why

Basically

What do you mean who cares? Read the title. That's the point of the thread. Niggas gave they reasons why he's not in the top 5 and y'all niggas went over the edge like people are saying he's not a legend. Y'all know damn well if we up them threads, Snoop was barely named but y'all in here bullshitting, That's what's corny

That's exactly the point of this thread. His name should come up more in those threads. The point is he's hella underappreciated and that shit is crazy. What legitimate reasons did y'all give? Someone said he ain't been hot in the past 10 years, I countered that none of those rappers y'all call goats have been hot these past 10 years besides Jay. Your point is negated when you say his music after Doggystyle wasn't up to par when we naming all the good music he made. You call yourself Cuban Linx with Biggie in your avi. The irony is Snoop got a better catalog than Biggie and Rae and I'm a huge fan of both. Yea he dropped more duds than both but he also put out a higher quantity of quality music than both.

Joker_De_La_LoverGetoBoyrip.dilla
  • GetoBoyGetoBoy M.O.B. Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's my point tho I wanted to know why he barely gets named.... I mean I'ma respect ppl opinion but imo he should be named more then he is becuz he has dope albums longevity classic songs and album impact success crossover appeal and skills..... There's nothing lacking from his resume to keep him from being mentioned again especially when ppl will name Andre 3000 and shit.... He's on that 5-6 spot on my list but I'm in the minority in this so I was curious why and most the stuff I'm hearing ain't truth if you really pay attention to his catalog no he doesn't have another Doggystyle but yes he has other great albums
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 19,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AZTG wrote: »
    same cats mad he doesnt get named top 5-10 also admit hes not in there top 5-10.

wtf?

must be a slow week.

There will be
    Ups and downs
    Smiles and frowns
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
    black caesarrip.dillasapp08_2001