What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Big K.R.I.T. "4Eva Is A Mighty Long Time" (10/27)

Replies

• KoltrainKoltrain Mr. MOPosts: 4,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HafBayked wrote: »
    aside from his business model, and what he gave away or sold....

I was pointing out the promotion part with Mikey....he seems to believe Krit had this big label support like those who came before him on the same label, and I just didnt see it

I personally dont think he fucked up by giving away the music....he may have tainted his mainstream chances with a major label, but it only grew his brand and his following more

he's a regular guy, that often speaks about regular life and the struggle, so of course he understands that the people who relate to him the most are a part of that...he gave us that shit and lifted spirits, made us think, made us laugh, made us dream, helped us through.....me being the person I am when it comes to music, I take that and im almost indebted to this image and this brand now.....if its got the lil Krit crown stamped on it IM BUYING IT

cant say everything would have been the same if he tried to hustle his mixtape, nobody bought it, and it left a sour taste

I think this shit is right on track for him to get whats due to him....somewhat like back pay for giving away those gems.....hearing them first two tracks from the new shit, he's only getting better musically

the business will fall in line now

This
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only time I seen Krit get any kinda push while on Def Jam was when the Country Shit remix was getting some radio play
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,526 Regulator
    Sion wrote: »
    Yeah with def jam backing him. He doesn’t have that promo anymore even if that old promo was shit. Y’all need to be realistic

what promo my nigga?

we only knew he was on Def Jam cuz he said so.... the nigga coulda been lying his ass off and I never woulda known different

you ever seen a Krit commercial?

they didnt even claim him like that, he was a side piece....they clowned him twice on the breakfast club cuz Def Jam sent the janitor with him

fact of the matter is.....17k or 50K he finna eat this time....put that back into the business and keep building this shit

I really think he's up for the long haul as a label/production company

at this point we know he aint winning no hip hop awards or hosting no shows and nobody cares about that shit anyway

"got the win, I want the record nigga"

Defjam didn't work because right after he got signed he literally dropped 3 projects that he gave away for FREE SMMFH (Return of 4eva, Krit Wiz Here, R4 and Last King 2). I believe Sha Money XL was his manager who brokered the Defjam deal for I think $1.2M they gave him only for him to give away the music. He did the same thing after Live From The Underground with 3 other projects.

He could win awards and all that too but he needs to be smarter about his business decisions. You wouldn't loan someone a mil to make a product if you knew they were gonna give the product away for free. That shit makes it harder to do a follow up because the fans won't pay they'll just wait for you to give it to them for free and that becomes their expectation.

Folks gone get it free one way or another. Them promoting it just made for a bar recipe

Yeah but that's different than actively giving it to them for free. You set the expectation you're gonna cater to them this way. Therefore there's no need for them to support you financially.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    banginscrew901TonyDubbz
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,526 Regulator
    aside from his business model, and what he gave away or sold....

I was pointing out the promotion part with Mikey....he seems to believe Krit had this big label support like those who came before him on the same label, and I just didnt see it

I personally dont think he fucked up by giving away the music....he may have tainted his mainstream chances with a major label, but it only grew his brand and his following more

he's a regular guy, that often speaks about regular life and the struggle, so of course he understands that the people who relate to him the most are a part of that...he gave us that shit and lifted spirits, made us think, made us laugh, made us dream, helped us through.....me being the person I am when it comes to music, I take that and im almost indebted to this image and this brand now.....if its got the lil Krit crown stamped on it IM BUYING IT

cant say everything would have been the same if he tried to hustle his mixtape, nobody bought it, and it left a sour taste

I think this shit is right on track for him to get whats due to him....somewhat like back pay for giving away those gems.....hearing them first two tracks from the new shit, he's only getting better musically

the business will fall in line now

I agree with some of this but it did hurt him because it limited his financial success which can affect his longevity. It grew his brand yet he's still underground. This was a guy who had expectations to become one of the leaders of the new school. I like KRIT's music I just don't want him to give the product away for free this time because I know what he's capable of and I think it's bullshit he's not on the same tier in his career as the top 3 in music right now.

This album should take him places and the ones after this should put him in the conversation as one of the best and one of the best sellers eventually - long as he don't give niggas free shit.....

This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    MD_PROPER TonyDubbz
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 19,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    the only time I seen Krit get any kinda push while on Def Jam was when the Country Shit remix was getting some radio play

That was basically because ludacris was on it since they were on the same label at the time
    DarthRozay
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Posts: 33,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And KRIT dropping free music is really no different or poorer business wise than anyone other artist that does it Imo, he had single worthy songs on each one that the label should have put the machine on or he should have pushed on his own. Def jam simply never really knew what to do with him and he was probably Still finding himself as well

On October 27 we'll get the results
    Scotty ATL feat. Bankroll Fresh-Thinkin Bout A Check

Nebu Kiniza-Gassed Up

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

R.D. wrote: »
    You just don't know much about basketball

8357pi1pdpbh.png
    R.D. wrote: »
    And Wall isn't better than Rondo

Even this moody, play when he want Rondo

Give s2j his swag back n let him Mack disabled children in peace, lame ass nigga
    Sion
  • lucyajoneslucyajones Posts: 25
    Anyone seen conveying connections will get a 7-day ban.

I got mods on the finance nigga, attempt me
    southernmadeTonyDubbzatribecalledgabiGodNThaBuild'n
    And KRIT dropping free music is really no different or poorer business wise than anyone other artist that does it Imo, he had single worthy songs on each one that the label should have put the machine on or he should have pushed on his own. Def jam simply never really knew what to do with him and he was probably Still finding himself as well

On October 27 we'll get the results

Disagree - the difference between Kendrick, J.Cole, Drake, Future, Jay-Z, Eminem, Migos, Big Sean, Logic, Kanye West, ASAP Rocky, Travis Scott, ScHoolBoy Q etc. Is they don't make mixtapes anymore and if they do it's being sold over iTunes or something else.

There's a good reason for that. To say it's the labels fault don't work the same when they (Defjam) had Logic and Rick Ross and still managed to get gold plaques on their projects. Logic has gold plaques my nigga. Other artists have similar artists selling more. It's just simple arithmetic, if I give you millions to create a product and you give the product away for free not only does it stop the audience from buying but it interferes with our ability to profit and decide if a follow up is worthwhile .

• HafBaykedHafBayked Posts: 16,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion you a businessman....a smart one....and I get what you're saying

you just seem to have all your logic narrowed through business books

and it aint always black and white

you'd make a great record exec....idk about artist or teacher or motivator lol

SN.....hate to be the guy to pull excuses but none of the "other guys in his class" are from Meridian, MS.

They all have a "rap persona" that may not necessarily be who they are irl ( and I dont think Krit could do that if he tried)

Logic is......Logic lol.... and sounds like Em.....sells by itself

I do believe that Krit is so authentic and unwilling to bend image wise, that it does stifle him a little as far as NEW sales go....but this only makes his true fans feel more connected

the true independent run will show where he's at
    Sion you a businessman....a smart one....and I get what you're saying

you just seem to have all your logic narrowed through business books

and it aint always black and white

you'd make a great record exec....idk about artist or teacher or motivator lol

SN.....hate to be the guy to pull excuses but none of the "other guys in his class" are from Meridian, MS.

They all have a "rap persona" that may not necessarily be who they are irl ( and I dont think Krit could do that if he tried)

Logic is......Logic lol.... and sounds like Em.....sells by itself

I do believe that Krit is so authentic and unwilling to bend image wise, that it does stifle him a little as far as NEW sales go....but this only makes his true fans feel more connected

the true independent run will show where he's at

Stop it man no need to try and insult anyone. This ain't the place for it and I can get disrespectful.

We all want to see him grow and become so much more. The quality of music is definitely there but his business sense needs to be better if he wants to reach those heights. Every major artist from Big, Pac, Cube, Em, Ye, NaS, even Drake, Kendrick, Logic and Cole understand this dynamic of having to make sure their business is right especially to reach the masses.

If I'm a fan of his of course I want to see him reach those heights because I think he's better than his peers.

And don't compare Logic to Eminem, Logic has gold albums and you prolly can't name one single from him. And Eminem is the only white rapper that sells the way he does and there's dozens of white rappers who can't even get on.

CJNechesh358HafBaykedTonyDubbz
  • DNB1DNB1 Still nigga... Posts: 19,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logic does sound like Em.
    Nechesh358Revolver Ocelot
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »
    I loved 12 for 12 because it showed his range for being able to rap different flows on different beats.

4pm at the Kappa >>>> 4pm in Calabasas

Still listen to this regularly

tumblr_m5ems1iw2F1qi26lwo1_500.gif
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif
    AP21
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word to slim thug

"Thugga!"
    AP21MallyGKoltrainTrill Gate$
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This need to hurry up and drop
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
    CJ