What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Survivor 35 - Heroes, Hustlers & Healers

King of GAKing of GA Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 5 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Anybody else watching this season? We've got not just one, but two fine sistas on there.

I don't think Alan did himself any favors on that first tribal.

So far I like most of the cast. The only person getting on my nerves so far is the obnoxious, red-headed white dude...

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1007733/survivor-season-35-meet-the-cast-of-heroes-vs-healers-vs-hustlers/
«1

Replies

  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i dont see alan lasting too long

    he is physical so they will keep him around for a few tribals but eventually i can see him flipping out again and the tribe just washing their hands of him

    really whether youre black or white (especially if youre black) if you are a guy the strategy is pretty simple early on — stay out of the way socially and allow your physical prowess to prevent you from ever becoming an option to vote out — slowly build relationships and you will be fine once the merge happens

    part of it can be editing but alan is getting waaaaaayy too strategic and paranoid early on
    King of GA
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    these tribes were incredibly dumb in terms of the start off

    none of the tribes sent someone to get the boat close to the ship right away

    instead they were just tossing baskets of fruit directly off the boat and in total probably wasted half the stuff there
    King of GA
  • vagrant-718vagrant-718 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ali can get the D
    King of GAtoheeb27
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 50,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desiree is a good friend...she went to Hampton U
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

  • King of GAKing of GA Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ckfree wrote: »
    these tribes were incredibly dumb in terms of the start off

    none of the tribes sent someone to get the boat close to the ship right away

    instead they were just tossing baskets of fruit directly off the boat and in total probably wasted half the stuff there

    I was thinking the same thing watching it...everything just soaking in that old salty water. I'm sure that only some of what little they actually brought to camp was actually useful.

    The only good thing for Alan would be that the tribes are separated. I'm guessing that in another week or two they will be swapping, so he can kinda start over. His problem is going to be that he thinks he is right and playing a solid game..

    Ali is fine, but if I had to choose, our would be Desiree all day...

    From what I've seen so far, they better not underestimate Chrissy...
    ckfree
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    King of GA wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »
    these tribes were incredibly dumb in terms of the start off

    none of the tribes sent someone to get the boat close to the ship right away

    instead they were just tossing baskets of fruit directly off the boat and in total probably wasted half the stuff there

    I was thinking the same thing watching it...everything just soaking in that old salty water. I'm sure that only some of what little they actually brought to camp was actually useful.

    The only good thing for Alan would be that the tribes are separated. I'm guessing that in another week or two they will be swapping, so he can kinda start over. His problem is going to be that he thinks he is right and playing a solid game..

    Ali is fine, but if I had to choose, our would be Desiree all day...

    From what I've seen so far, they better not underestimate Chrissy...

    the premier felt rushed

    i didnt get a real good read/feel for the players

    survivor premieres should be at least 90 minutes long

    and yea i liked chrissy decision to not play the idol

    if she plays her cards right it puts her in a good swing position if the heroes do go back to tribal
    King of GASneakDZA
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i heard something on rob has a podcast

    it has to do with two people on this cast knowing each other

    i’ll put it in a spoiler
    apparently simone (chink who got voted out) said that ali and patrick (red head guy) not only went to college together but they knew each other before that as well

    they most likely played up patrick going to give the episode a bit of suspense but i would guess simone was always the one to go and it also kinda tells me that their relationship is not something the producers plan on bringing up

    we will see
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 50,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Desiree is a good friend...she went to Hampton U

    oh word? can you @ her to this thread please? or have her pm me. whichever is easier for her.

    I can put in a word....she taken though...really into baller ass niggas ...u know the type
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭✭✭


    his facial expression when the second ‘patrick’ comes up is priceless

    he had fire in his eyes after that

    i thought for a second that he was going to snap and go into a mentally impaired rage

    it almost seemed like a foregone conclusion to me that he was going home but theres a lot im not seeing and im not on the island so maybe it wasnt nearly so obvious to him but i bet him maybe knowing ali before the show he took her word for gold
    SneakDZAKing of GA
  • SneakDZASneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm glad that cbs is no longer blurring out brown women's butts for no reason.
    ckfreeKing of GA
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really like the women this season

    theres several with promising strategic chops and social games
    King of GA
  • King of GAKing of GA Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13
    ckfree wrote: »


    his facial expression when the second ‘patrick’ comes up is priceless

    he had fire in his eyes after that

    i thought for a second that he was going to snap and go into a mentally impaired rage

    it almost seemed like a foregone conclusion to me that he was going home but theres a lot im not seeing and im not on the island so maybe it wasnt nearly so obvious to him but i bet him maybe knowing ali before the show he took her word for gold

    That was hysterical! Ali gone have to answer for that when they get back home...lol
  • King of GAKing of GA Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ckfree wrote: »
    i really like the women this season

    theres several with promising strategic chops and social games

    Real talk....
    ckfree
  • SneakDZASneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anybody notice how they're kinda doing reruns of people that were on before?

    like you have Tony 2.0 with the parole officer (how the fuck do you call that job heroic?)

    Cochran 2.0 is the weird looking dude on the hustler tribe that never had a girlfriend

    That fisherman chick - I swear she was on this shit before but I don't remember who she was.

    And the ginger that just got hilariously voted out was basically shaping up to be Tyson but luckily got taken out before he came into fruition.

    And then you have Alan... Dreamz pt 2. Nuff said.
    ckfree
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    anybody notice how they're kinda doing reruns of people that were on before?

    like you have Tony 2.0 with the parole officer (how the fuck do you call that job heroic?)

    Cochran 2.0 is the weird looking dude on the hustler tribe that never had a girlfriend

    That fisherman chick - I swear she was on this shit before but I don't remember who she was.

    And the ginger that just got hilariously voted out was basically shaping up to be Tyson but luckily got taken out before he came into fruition.

    And then you have Alan... Dreamz pt 2. Nuff said.

    susan hawk comes to mind in terms of caricature

    i would say shamo as well but this lady seems to be more aware than shamo ever was

    and theres another one im thinking about but i cant put a face let alone name on her

    you know what else i would really like to see though

    no twists at all

    no idols

    no super dee duper idols

    no tribe swaps every two minutes

    nothing

    theyre expecting all of it

    so give them none of it

    the drama is 16-20 strangers starving (why dont they just starve them more) on an island and they have to vote each other out

    theres your drama

    you dont need to add anything extra
    SneakDZA
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    King of GA wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »


    his facial expression when the second ‘patrick’ comes up is priceless

    he had fire in his eyes after that

    i thought for a second that he was going to snap and go into a mentally impaired rage

    it almost seemed like a foregone conclusion to me that he was going home but theres a lot im not seeing and im not on the island so maybe it wasnt nearly so obvious to him but i bet him maybe knowing ali before the show he took her word for gold

    That was hysterical! Ali gone have to answer for that when they get back home...lol

    i think she made a smart move in getting rid of him

    he wasnt worth it

    dude seems to live on another planet

    he said he dont care if people think hes looking for the idol wtf lol

    this was the first episode where i really saw her potential because she realized patricks longevity depends on her willingness to play patrick whisperer — im sure she would have preferred he stayed but she cant put herself out there like that — just look at ashley — it wasnt smart of her campaigning for JP ESPECIALLY since shes aware that the power couple stigma is still there

    no self awareness
    King of GASneakDZA
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alan didnt freak out this week

    so a step in the right direction lol

    i cant decide why his coconut scene was put in

    were we supposed to be endeared

    or

    further think he was 'trippin'

    his story could be one to watch
  • King of GAKing of GA Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ckfree wrote: »
    alan didnt freak out this week

    so a step in the right direction lol

    i cant decide why his coconut scene was put in

    were we supposed to be endeared


    or

    further think he was 'trippin'

    his story could be one to watch

    I think that was about contrasting his inability to do what many assumed would be an easy task against JP and all his usefulness.
    SneakDZAckfree
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i read a probst interview he did with entertainment weekly

    he was asked the qesuton about patrick and ali knowing each other before the game

    according to him production didnt find out they knew each other previously until they were already cast and the tribes had been decided

    he said at that point they didnt even think about changing things and it obviously didnt seem to matter
  • King of GAKing of GA Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ckfree wrote: »
    i read a probst interview he did with entertainment weekly

    he was asked the qesuton about patrick and ali knowing each other before the game

    according to him production didnt find out they knew each other previously until they were already cast and the tribes had been decided

    he said at that point they didnt even think about changing things and it obviously didnt seem to matter

    I hope that doesn't start a trend though.

    ckfreeSneakDZA
  • King of GAKing of GA Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn...I didn't think Alan was going to be around much longer, but I wasn't expecting it to go like that!
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    breakout night for desi yesterday (even though she had a pretty complete boot edit)

    now that shes survived theres potential for her to have a really compelling long term narrative

    first things first

    she needs to decide if joe is worth sticking with especially now that she knows he has no idol
    King of GA
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its early in this season and i have to say its just not pulling me in as in the past

    maybe im over all the different type of advantages and people that are selected to be on each season

    i dont know

    i will continue to watch and hope that i can be drawn in more this season but man throw me a lifeline or something
    SneakDZA
  • SneakDZASneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this season is ass.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.