What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Is it worth it...................suit edition! $399 Suit Vs. $7,900 Suit

caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress!Posts: 22,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it worth it! In Worth It: Lifestyle, a spin off of BuzzFeed’s hit series Worth It, host Steven Lim and his buddies embark on a new adventure, setting out to try different experiences at three different price points: affordable, middle tier, and luxury--from airplane seats to cars to videos games. At the end of the episode, the gang decides which experience is the most “worth it” at its given price.
bb135e64-2d54-4043-bf52-fd6c7197fcd3_zps05c66c47_-_Copy_-_Copy.jpg
The IC Law (please read before posting)

You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say can and will be used against you in the threads of the IC.
If you are a female, You have the right to talk to another poster and have him present with you during an exposure.
If you do not have another poster to save you, one will be appointed to represent you, if you post a proof pic of yourself with a timestamp. Representation will be aquired if your pic is deemed simp worthy. All posters are consider a male until a proof pic or vid is provided.

The Intelligent Waiver

Do you understand each of these rights as I have explained them to you?
Having these rights in mind, do you wish to post a proof pic(for females) or tell us your personal story now?

Old Poster admission
There is a chance that I am your Daddy. What is your momma name again?

MallyGSion

Replies

• Olorun22Olorun22 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had the money of course it would be the top of the line but i'm the suit and supply guy
    caddo manonetoughmiracleDarthRozay
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,709 Regulator
    edited October 6
    im broke i aint payin no damn 8stacks for a suit that a Car or down payment for a house.

but if i did im ballin out aint nothing like a good suit that fits perfect
    onetoughmiracle
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it all depends for me.

i dont really like suits like that....an im not the best dresser....so it would be a waste.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

onetoughmiracle
  • bck145bck145 East CoastPosts: 4,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8
    Id rather buy 8 $1000 dollar suits

Got 4 weddings in 4 weeks this year....so i bought like 4 suits but no way im spending money like that on suits
    tumblr_mytyfn0M711s559c9o1_500.gif

#unfukwitable
    onetoughmiracle
  • caddo mancaddo man Failure is success in progress! Posts: 22,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any suit you can get tailored is a good suit.
    bb135e64-2d54-4043-bf52-fd6c7197fcd3_zps05c66c47_-_Copy_-_Copy.jpg
    The IC Law (please read before posting)

You have the right to remain silent.
    Anything you say can and will be used against you in the threads of the IC.
    If you are a female, You have the right to talk to another poster and have him present with you during an exposure.
    If you do not have another poster to save you, one will be appointed to represent you, if you post a proof pic of yourself with a timestamp. Representation will be aquired if your pic is deemed simp worthy. All posters are consider a male until a proof pic or vid is provided.

The Intelligent Waiver

Do you understand each of these rights as I have explained them to you?
    Having these rights in mind, do you wish to post a proof pic(for females) or tell us your personal story now?

Old Poster admission
    There is a chance that I am your Daddy. What is your momma name again?

aneed123MallyGDarthRozay
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,424 Regulator
    Niggas dont know how to rock suits. I wear suits 5 days a week, my shit don't cost an arm and a leg but I have great tailor who can take a $400 suit and make it look like a $4000 suit. If you saw my suits you'd prolly think my shit is 5k+ Brioni, Versace shit but nah. What most people don't understand is that when you buy a suit you should take it to a tailor to get it properly fitted to your body, it's aalll about the fit. I've been at this a long time, I got suits in all types of colours too. I know my shit.

Also make sure your shirts look right and are ironed and if you dont have the time just buy the non-iron joints and what get you a shirt stay (my military niggas understand). Ties is also a big component, because the right or wrong tie or colour way can make or break a suit. The other major part is the fabric - this takes a bit of effort to understand but that's where your tailor comes into play.

Cats gotta understand you can't wear jays and trainers everywhere. You can't rock jeans and Nikes to the dinner party man. You gotta know when to suit and tie up.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    king hassan
    Sion wrote: »
    Niggas dont know how to rock suits. I wear suits 5 days a week, my shit don't cost an arm and a leg but I have great tailor who can take a $400 suit and make it look like a $4000 suit. If you saw my suits you'd prolly think my shit is 5k+ Brioni, Versace shit but nah. What most people don't understand is that when you buy a suit you should take it to a tailor to get it properly fitted to your body, it's aalll about the fit. I've been at this a long time, I got suits in all types of colours too. I know my shit.

Also make sure your shirts look right and are ironed and if you dont have the time just buy the non-iron joints and what get you a shirt stay (my military niggas understand). Ties is also a big component, because the right or wrong tie or colour way can make or break a suit. The other major part is the fabric - this takes a bit of effort to understand but that's where your tailor comes into play.

Cats gotta understand you can't wear jays and trainers everywhere. You can't rock jeans and Nikes to the dinner party man. You gotta know when to suit and tie up.

Funny you mention tailors....took my shit to a recommended tailor...the guy fucked up the pants on a brand new suit...the dickhead cut them like 4 inches to short and didnt leave material inside the leg to let them out any...had to talk the store into letting me buy just the pants again

#unfukwitable
    MallyGThereal_ba
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,424 Regulator
    bck145 wrote: »

Funny you mention tailors....took my shit to a recommended tailor...the guy fucked up the pants on a brand new suit...the dickhead cut them like 4 inches to short and didnt leave material inside the leg to let them out any...had to talk the store into letting me buy just the pants again

Do your homework, don't bring your shit to a tailor at a department store or at a dry cleaners. Also make sure the suit you bring them isn't a cheap crusty box ass suit cuz no good tailor can fix that. Bring it to a notable tailor somewhere down town in your city or from the fashion district. Trying to find a good tailor is like a conductor trying to find a good soloist or a rapper trying to find the right producer. Interview these niggas, ask them how long they been at it, do they have any of their works up on a mannequin, what's their philosophy ? What would they recommend and try on a suit in front of them. Maybe you didn't give them clear instructions or that tailor wasn't well seasoned.

Most people go to the business district in their city but those guys rely on "experience" and cut every suit the same. Take your shit to the fashion district there and get a trendy cat to tailor your suits. You'll likely save on money and have a well trimmed suit fitting to your body.

This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    And by cheap suit I dont mean in terms of price I mean in terms of quality and shape.

• aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way im spending 7 k on no suit
    bck145 wrote: »

Do your homework, don't bring your shit to a tailor at a department store or at a dry cleaners. Also make sure the suit you bring them isn't a cheap crusty box ass suit cuz no good tailor can fix that. Bring it to a notable tailor somewhere down town in your city or from the fashion district. Trying to find a good tailor is like a conductor trying to find a good soloist or a rapper trying to find the right producer. Interview these niggas, ask them how long they been at it, do they have any of their works up on a mannequin, what's their philosophy ? What would they recommend and try on a suit in front of them. Maybe you didn't give them clear instructions or that tailor wasn't well seasoned.

Most people go to the business district in their city but those guys rely on "experience" and cut every suit the same. Take your shit to the fashion district there and get a trendy cat to tailor your suits. You'll likely save on money and have a well trimmed suit fitting to your body.

I think the problem was the tailor is too seasoned....he was like an 80 year old who has been around forever but i think hes losing his touch

#unfukwitable
    SionMallyGDarthRozay
  • HafBaykedHafBayked Posts: 16,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I spend 7k on a suit, im gone be out somewhere where people know 7k suits

that aint here lol

RickyRich
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »

bet you'd spend $7k tryna save that hairline tho
    damnkpI Self Lord & Master(ob)SceneThereal_ba
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

tie width is a factor to remember too
    Sion
  • MARIO_DROMARIO_DRO Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAN, IM OVERSEAS.. I WISH YALL COULD SEE THE TAILORS OVER HERE...

THEY GOT STACKS AND STACKS OF DIFFERENT MATERIAL.. I GET SOMETHING (SUIT, BLAZER, PANTS, COAT, SHIRTS) MADE EVERY WEEKEND...

ALSO, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN 8,000$ SUIT... THATS JUST A MAJOR X10 MARK UP.. AT THAT POINT, UR JUST PAYING FOR THE NAME
    iw23gx.jpg
    SionThereal_ba
  • Olorun22Olorun22 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »

THEY GOT STACKS AND STACKS OF DIFFERENT MATERIAL.. I GET SOMETHING (SUIT, BLAZER, PANTS, COAT, SHIRTS) MADE EVERY WEEKEND...

ALSO, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN 8,000$ SUIT... THATS JUST A MAJOR X10 MARK UP.. AT THAT POINT, UR JUST PAYING FOR THE NAME

Where at?
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »

Man, when I was overseas cats were getting suits made left and right, they'd measure you up and you came back later to get your suit. But this was in the early 90's when cat's wore suits on the regular
    SionThereal_ba
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

bet you'd spend $7k tryna save that hairline tho

naw bitch nigga im good