What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Album of the year so far...

water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 11 in The Reason
For me is Apathy and O.C's - Perestroika.... (After Jay's '4:44') but I just listened 'Perestroika' from start to finish and my god this is crack!!! Its the best album Ive listened to since... 4:44, but if 4:44 didnt drop I woulda said 'in a long time' haha

Seriously check this album out, imo it has everything a hip hop fan wants from hard lyrics, clever lyrics, beats that seriously make you turn up the volume and break your neck, amazing samples, crazy flows from Apathy and hard lyrics from O.C, it just seems to have everything...

A few tracks from YouTube...

Tomorrow Is Gone

Winter Winds

No More Soft Shit

The Broadcast

'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

aUPgli.gif
Tagged:
its....JOHN Billestni99ainneachewon87Elzo69RenaissanceCJKneeGro_DuperManilledoutgenocidecutteratribecalledgabiLou_Cypher

Replies

• its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 19,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11
    I might agree with this, this is my shit

water ur seedsblackgod813
  • Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Posts: 12,991 Regulator
  • Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Posts: 12,991 Regulator
    Belly -mumble rap really surprised me too.

I advise everyone to listen to it.
    BDBIIDqeezus_price
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might agree with this, this is my shit

Yes brother, that is one helleva tune, one of the best cuts on the album... Mad gems dropped on there:

'It's like every day's hotter than the previous one
    I swear to God, the Earth spun a little closer to the Sun
    It's a lot less jobs and a lot more guns
    It's a lot more bills, but a lot less funds
    And it's not as much fun as when I was a little one
    When you could run without the air putting shit in your lungs'

'The power lies deep in my core, it means much more
    To have a peace of mind instead of confrontation or war'

'Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom
    Just to see who's there, to help you sort out the problem
    Test the time, don't stop tickin' into hour
    Nor a minute, for a second, take it as a blessin', 'cause.......'
    'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

aUPgli.gif
    onetoughmiracleits....JOHN Bunspoken_respect
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4:44

Yeah it probably will get it, I loved the album, its a like a dope series or movie, you keep finding gems in there that you didnt notice before... But check out this joint breda, think you will like it...

aUPgli.gif
    Busta Carmichael
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberPosts: 12,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard apathy and oc was doing a album. I didn't know it came out already
  • achewon87achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 50,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laila s Wisdom
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

DNB1gum989Negro_Caesarillestni99ainnewater ur seeds
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberPosts: 12,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joey badass

But that's on hold until that westside gunn and mf doom album come out
    Nechesh358
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11
    Perstroika is alright. The album OC did with Apollo Brown was better but it did have some jams. Covery Leader to Raven and What It's All About getting burn.

Still haven't listened to "I'm well past 44" cause I don't fuck with Joe Camel's music like that anymore. That and I prefer a spotify subscription over tidal.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    genocidecutterKid Dynasty
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 52,089 Regulator
    Still Joey BadaSs for me. Hvnt heard some of these albums posted tho
  • Chi SnowChi Snow Night's Watch Castle BlackPosts: 28,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to album is Pretty Girls Like Trap Music.

I find I have to be in a mode for the popular albums (Damn, 4:44) and the underdog joints (Wins and Loses, Joey joint)

Lotta filler joints that move me to my next space (Paranoia, I decided, Rather You athan Me). I don’t mess with to many underground cats. Hell any.

PGLTM tho. Man that shit slaps front to back and I can play it whilst doing anything. Working out, cleaning, driving, smoking, etc
    His hair?
    WACK
    His gear?
    WACK
    His jewelry?
    WACK
    His footstance?
    WACK
    The way he talks?
    WACK
    The way he doesn't even like to smile?
    WACK
    Me?
    I'm tight as FUCK
    Zirconiumachewon87anduin
  • Matike85Matike85 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    David Banner - The God Box ..Album of the year for Hip Hop

3hbaujj1ooyg.png
     i ro nyinfamous114silverfoxxblacktuxillestni99ainneunspoken_respectKid Dynasty
  • KneeGro_DuperManKneeGro_DuperMan Even if you mute it, The curse is there. Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11
    achewon87 wrote: »
    artworks-000225154510-9j1lw6-t500x500.jpg

a0108568690_10.jpg

Rozewood on that last track on Hus joint, one of the illest verses ever imo. He bodied that shit so crazy.

And that nigga Mach be RHYMING his ass off. Been bumping Dumpmeister hard body.
    achewon87onetoughmiracleBedStuy
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MY TOP 5 SO FAR
    DAMN
    Devin the Dude - Acoustic Levitation
    Brother Ali - All the Beauty in this Whole Life
    Rittz - Last Call

...I will check out the albums in here that i havent heard yet.
    water ur seeds
  • achewon87achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

a0108568690_10.jpg

Rozewood on that last track on Hus joint, one of the illest verses ever imo. He bodied that shit so crazy.

"...I play the Tonka, monster truck flatten Elantras,
    Came out the jungle shocked the game like Blanka,
    Always clean, I'm E Honda, a fly descendant of Tatonka..."

KneeGro_DuperManonetoughmiracleBedStuyTrillaaaaaa
  • KneeGro_DuperManKneeGro_DuperMan Even if you mute it, The curse is there. Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11

a0108568690_10.jpg

"...I play the Tonka, monster truck flatten Elantras,
    Came out the jungle shocked the game like Blanka,
    Always clean, I'm E Honda, a fly descendant of Tatonka..."

That's Crimeapple....Cuban nigga i think. I fucks with him too...his Metralleta ep is fire.

And Big Ghost might do a whole project with him too.
    achewon87onetoughmiracle
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Posts: 35,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn
    (Really though?)
    silverfoxx
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 17,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playboy-The-Beast-Self-Made-Self-Paid-02-Money-Sex-Murder-Ft-Kamikazi-mp3-image-600x600.jpg

Well fuck I enjoy this album.
    Gives us back images in sigs
    blackgod813
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 20,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4:44
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html