What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Album of the year so far...

Replies

• Midwest_Journalist Midwest_Journalist Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited October 12
    My Top 5 so far. Got a feeling NAS or Jay Rock albums will be in the mix too (if they're released this year).

1. DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar
    2. Rapsody - Laila's Wisdom
    3. Joey Bada$$ - All Amerikkkan Bada$$
    4. Jay-Z - 4:44
    5. MC Eiht - Which Way Iz West
    KC-Royals-World-Champions-logo.jpg

ltc513h60qiq.jpg
    waterproofDR. JEK
  • Brian B.Brian B. Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lowkey, Lito's had one of the best yrs

starlito-1.jpg
    cover.jpg
    Step-Brothers-3.jpeg?w=630&h=630&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89
    cover.jpg?1497548091
    Starlito-Hot-Chicken-Artwork.jpeg?w=630&h=630&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89
    geechiedanbuford214AggieLean.
  • illedoutilledout Posts: 8,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12
    @Like Water
    Did you listen to "Wins and Losses",
    or are you no signing my post
    cause this the ic and hating on Meek is the cool thing to do here ??
  • Chi SnowChi Snow Night's Watch Castle BlackPosts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Chi Snow wrote: »
    Go to album is Pretty Girls Like Trap Music.

I find I have to be in a mode for the popular albums (Damn, 4:44) and the underdog joints (Wins and Loses, Joey joint)

Lotta filler joints that move me to my next space (Paranoia, I decided, Rather You athan Me). I don’t mess with to many underground cats. Hell any.

PGLTM tho. Man that shit slaps front to back and I can play it whilst doing anything. Working out, cleaning, driving, smoking, etc

i hafta agree with this bitch ass nigga.

Tity might have the album of the year..
    Great minds think alike b

Or in ya case, your riding my wave....again
    His hair?
    WACK
    His gear?
    WACK
    His jewelry?
    WACK
    His footstance?
    WACK
    The way he talks?
    WACK
    The way he doesn't even like to smile?
    WACK
    Me?
    I'm tight as FUCK
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12
    That Meek album was the 1st thing i ever heard from him and it was a struggle to get thru. He be hollerin and screamin over the record. Shit is mad annoying
    THE_R_
  • OGDirtyDeeOGDirtyDee Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah that Gibbs shit was a letdown and def does not need to see a top 5 space.
  • natural born sinnersnatural born sinners Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4:44. The hype was real
  • GetoBoyGetoBoy M.O.B. Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MallyGMallyG I Take Myself Out on Dates Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YapatnaJB wrote: »
    ekhas4alav35.jpg

Aye, I don't know where the hell I been @, but I had no idea he dropped an album.

I definitely gotta hear this b/c Killa goes the PHUCK IN on the mic!!
     i ro nyYapatnaJB
  • grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Use your head for more than a hat rack Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zb3r3i536sev.jpg
    Sean Price (R.I.P.) - Lighters in the Air
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TIOwuxPp_xA
    TheGOAT313 wayzgenocidecutterCeLLaR-DooR
    MallyG wrote: »
    YapatnaJB wrote: »
    ekhas4alav35.jpg

Aye, I don't know where the hell I been @, but I had no idea he dropped an album.

I definitely gotta hear this b/c Killa goes the PHUCK IN on the mic!!

He dropped the same day as Joey Badass. No wonder he got no shine in TheReason
    MallyG
  • Like WaterLike Water Integrity 1st Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote: »
    @Like Water

Look atchu. Smh. Up in a tizzy simply cuz I don't agree with your music choice. I didn't give you a "wack" or nothing, just a simple "I don't agree" and you out here hurt like Meek is paying your fuckin bills.

The album is aiight. A 3.5 or so, and I said as much in the album thread. Atm, however, it's not a top 5 of the year album, and by year's end it prolly won't make the top 10.

Is that good enough, nigga, or do you need a dissertation to make you feel better?
    The jungle creed says the strongest feed on any prey that it can
    And I was branded beast at every feast before I ever became a man...
    illedoutpower_wisdomBuilt 4 cuban linxanduin
    edited October 12
    Like Water wrote: »
    @Like Water

Look atchu. Smh. Up in a tizzy simply cuz I don't agree with your music choice. I didn't give you a "wack" or nothing, just a simple "I don't agree" and you out here hurt like Meek is paying your fuckin bills.

The album is aiight. A 3.5 or so, and I said as much in the album thread. Atm, however, it's not a top 5 of the year album, and by year's end it prolly won't make the top 10.

Is that good enough, nigga, or do you need a dissertation to make you feel better?

Whoa,
    calm down Killa,
    I asked cause I actually respect ya opinion..

Didn't expect you to type all the extra shit,
    weirdo !!

@Like Water
    Nechesh358
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 44,638 Regulator
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    mxxrr6due8dt.jpg

This
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    natural born sinnersGetoBoy
  • Olorun22Olorun22 Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Like WaterLike Water Integrity 1st Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Like Water

Whoa,
    calm down Killa,

weirdo !!

@Like Water

You framed your question like I just hate to hate, which is, and always will be, a negative. Just about everything gets as unbias an opinion as I can possibly give initially.

If that was not your intended tone, then, apologies. If it was, then my previous post stands.
    The jungle creed says the strongest feed on any prey that it can
    And I was branded beast at every feast before I ever became a man...
    illedoutpower_wisdom
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeaaah i must not like rap anymore
    illedout
    @Like Water

Whoa,
    calm down Killa,

weirdo !!

@Like Water

You framed your question like I just hate to hate, which is, and always will be, a negative. Just about everything gets as unbias an opinion as I can possibly give initially.

If that was not your intended tone, then, apologies. If it was, then my previous post stands.

@Like Water
    Bro I don't @ too many people,
    But when I do it's because I kinda fuck with you and so it's either some jokey joke shit or I genuinely want to know your opinion about something..

I went back and reread my earlier post and I can see why you took it the way you did,
    My bad fam..
    Like Waterpower_wisdom
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @water ur seeds what did you think of O.C.’s album “Same Moon Same Sun”? Trying to determine which one I like better between that and Perestroika
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say 4:44 is the only classic of 'mainstream' rap but that Mumble Rap is amazin'.

Listen to Bobby Brown offa it if you only hear one song
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be taking notes. I haven't been checking up on new music lately.
    sig%202_zpstfsrwnqk.gif
    ???GOLDEN ARMS???

Yea God Box was weak
     i ro nyAggieLean.
  • anduinanduin Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to pick a favorite. This has been of the most prolific years in hip hop that I can remember. Seems like every month a great album/mixtape dropped. But Damn feels like the most hip hop album that I enjoy from beginning to end.
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @water ur seeds what did you think of O.C.’s album “Same Moon Same Sun”? Trying to determine which one I like better between that and Perestroika

I'll be honest brother Ive not checked out 'Same Moon Same Sun' yet, Im still trying to get round like 6 or 7 albums at the moment, the O.C joint is on the list though, I’ll have to check that out next though, but I can’t see anything topping that 'Perestroika’ joint!!! haha its my personal favourite album after 4:44, but that can still change with all the heat dropped this year...

I was just put on to the Killa Kryleon and Mach Hommy 'Dump Gawd’ joints from this thread, I cant beleive Ive not heard of Mach Hommy before!!! So props for the gems that been dropped in here..
    'The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters.'

aUPgli.gif
    achewon87KneeGro_DuperMan