What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Paternity leave...Let's talk about it.

Replies

• grYmesgrYmes Diversify your bonds...Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11
    Military let’s dudes take 10 days (but y’all gotta be married) I’ve done it twice. It was a lil vacation for me & got to connect with the little ones. In all honesty as long as there isn’t any complications with the birth, that’s all you need.
    Check out my blog "Shit Done Changed". As I go through the most member able albums of hip hop history year-by-year.

http://ishdonechanged.blogspot.com/
  • banginscrew901banginscrew901 Posts: 7,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ titty tap

Breast milk best thing going
    grYmeslord nemesis
  • banginscrew901banginscrew901 Posts: 7,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    grYmes wrote: »
    Military let’s dudes take 10 days (but y’all gotta be married) I’ve done it twice. It was a lil vacation for me & got to connect with the little ones. In all honesty as long as there isn’t any complications with the birth, that’s all you need.

Have to disagree with you on that one. She gone need help round the house might be days she don't feel like moving and yoy have to wait on her and tend to the newborn. Me personally I wanted to bond as much as I could and take in being a new proud father. Cause if I wasn't there and went back to work it would have been her mother my mom and aunts over now granted they cooked big boy meals that lasted us a week that way I could make sure everybody else I the house was good. But I guess it comes down to how you were raised. Or if you trying to break a certain cycle that you don't won't your kids to go thru. I don't know
  • MsSouthernMsSouthern Oh la laaaa Posts: 21,751 Regulator
    MsSouthern wrote: »

FMLA had been around forever. Are you sure this is new ?

The laws have changed recently
    And you sound like Ditka

FMLA has been around since 1993. Last amendment to the act was in 2015 so that same sex couples could both take off for leave when they have a child/adopt

When did this change you are taking about occur ?

Sometimes the answer is in the question..

That's not even the same thing though ...

Check the 2009 Amendment and do better googles

You said recent changes ....that was minimum 8 yrs ago

Lol

So we both agree you were wrong

Cool
    UTDefense.jpg
  • metal face terroristmetal face terrorist ILPosts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get 12 weeks paid. But this some new shit tho, cause when we had our daughter 3 years ago, I had to use my vacation time. We got another baby due in February, Ima take the whole 12 weeks and just work Uber, or that amazon delivery shit, for some extra cash since I can't work OT/oncall during that time.
  • yellowtapesportyellowtapesport Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

And you sound like Ditka

FMLA has been around since 1993. Last amendment to the act was in 2015 so that same sex couples could both take off for leave when they have a child/adopt

Lol

Cool

You said its been around 'forever' like it existed in the same state... which is has not. And the POTUS has only changed ONCE w/in that 8years, thus making that update 'recent'

So how bout we agree that you sound like Mike Ditka.
    Fuck em, duck em, leave em alone.
    MsSouthern
  • AggieLean.AggieLean. Country ass nigga.Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember during those days I took off, I'd usually handle night duties and let her catch up on sleep. Me and my little girl would have a ball. I'd be playing with her or we'd be up watching movies. My girl had a c section, so it took a little while longer for her to bounce back. I'd get up and clean the house, but after awhile she was tired of me being at the crib. Told me to take my ass back to work, and I gladly did. I believe she was getting jealous...my baby girl was becoming a daddy's girl too early lol
    bge680.jpg
    znat04.jpg
    banginscrew901deadeyednyce215StoneColdMikey
  • lucyajoneslucyajones Posts: 25
    I took right around 2 months off...paid not certain what else to tell ya, fellow
    GodNThaBuild'n
  • BIGG WILLBIGG WILL Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my job gave me 40 hours, threw some vacation time in w/ that and had a ball w/ my little girl.
    acv3md.jpg

2gse8vd.jpg
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took 6 weeks paternity leave. I'm very appreciative of the time off given
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my boss gives me any amount of days i want off.
    he cool as shit. got a fine ass wife too.
    shout out to that nigga pralims
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

Young_Chitlindnyce215atribecalledgabiChi Snow

And you sound like Ditka

Lol

Cool

You said its been around 'forever' like it existed in the same state... which is has not. And the POTUS has only changed ONCE w/in that 8years, thus making that update 'recent'

8 years ago is not recent.

Its a federal law

FMLA exists in all states

UTDefense.jpg

And you sound like Ditka

Lol

Cool

Its a federal law

State as in 'state of existence' dumbass
    Took a whole damn day and this what you come back with...
    FOH
    MsSouthern
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,209 Regulator
    I took a 7 days off. My job only offers paternity leave if you been with the company 2 years or more so I took it out of my personal leave. Yes men should get it. People act like its not important for the father to bond and spend time with the baby as well. Those first few months are important as fuck. Plus my wife had a c section so it took her a little longer to recover. Add on the mental and emotional side due to the hormone changes from no longer having a human being inside you and any mother is gonna need some help caring for a new born.
    banginscrew901
  • ShuffingtonShuffington Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my question is:
    Does this contribute to the constant feminization of our society? Is it just a paid vacation?

WTF? Feminization?
    I think the problem is that more men don't get longer paid leave time in general.

No feminization involved in wanting to spend time with your child at any moment in their life.
    blackrain

And you sound like Ditka

Lol

Cool

Its a federal law

State as in 'state of existence' dumbass
    Took a whole damn day and this what you come back with...
    FOH

I mean how many times do you want me to prove you are wrong from the jump ?

We are at what 3 now ?

UTDefense.jpg
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,209 Regulator
    So my question is:
    Does this contribute to the constant feminization of our society? Is it just a paid vacation?

WTF? Feminization?
    I think the problem is that more men don't get longer paid leave time in general.

No feminization involved in wanting to spend time with your child at any moment in their life.

Niggas call the dumbest shit feminine. Yeah...wanting to actually raise your child and be there is feminine lol
    Shuffingtondnyce215
  • mryounggunmryounggun Loading up my Grey Matter Glock Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took time off when my son was born and then more time off when he was about 6 months old. Time well-spent.
    blackrain wrote: »
    So my question is:

WTF? Feminization?

Niggas call the dumbest shit feminine. Yeah...wanting to actually raise your child and be there is feminine lol

So you need time off work to raise your child now???
    You reachin (as usual) my nigga
    Shuffingtonblackrainblackgod813
  • grYmesgrYmes Diversify your bonds...Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12
    grYmes wrote: »

Have to disagree with you on that one. She gone need help round the house might be days she don't feel like moving and yoy have to wait on her and tend to the newborn. Me personally I wanted to bond as much as I could and take in being a new proud father. Cause if I wasn't there and went back to work it would have been her mother my mom and aunts over now granted they cooked big boy meals that lasted us a week that way I could make sure everybody else I the house was good. But I guess it comes down to how you were raised. Or if you trying to break a certain cycle that you don't won't your kids to go thru. I don't know

Her mom was there for all our kids births too so I was around but she made it a habit to be extra help. Which was cool. My wife never had issues getting back to full strength with our kids. If anything see was telling me I was in the way, lol. Everybody’s different.
    Check out my blog "Shit Done Changed". As I go through the most member able albums of hip hop history year-by-year.

http://ishdonechanged.blogspot.com/
    banginscrew901
  • ShuffingtonShuffington Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my question is:

WTF? Feminization?

HAWHAT ? ? ! !

Madame_CJSkywalker
  • Madame_CJSkywalkerMadame_CJSkywalker Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12
    So my question is:

WTF? Feminization?

HAWHAT ? ? ! !

he's not alone

yet i'm so wrong for pointing out the toxic ideas around masculinity, femininity, and sex
    StoneColdMikeyShuffington
    edited October 12
    Y'all niggas at home on vacation tryna act like its (necessary) for the child gtfoh

Edit: Unless you got skim milk in them titties lol nh gtfoh
    jetlifebih
  • NCswagNCswag Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took 2 weeks off...shit was mad boring
    2012-2013 AllHipHop Fantasy NBA Yahoo CHAMPION
    2010-2011 AllHipHop Fantasy NFL Yahoo CHAMPION

I'm a Hustler baby, fuck what you heard!!!!
    AggieLean.