What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Jay-Z Is Discussing Buying Harvey Weinstein's Interest In The Weinstein Company

JJ_EvansJJ_Evans Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/11/jay-z-harvey-weinstein-company-twc-buying-interest-share/
Jay-Z is talking with his team about buying Harvey Weinstein's interest in The Weinstein Company ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to Jay tell us ... Jay, along with several other investors including a famous movie producer and a billionaire, are talking about purchasing Weinstein's 23% interest in the company.

Jay has had a working relationship with TWC and Harvey ... he has a deal in which he has produced a movie, "The Kalief Browder Story." He has also a Trayvon Martin miniseries slated for production. Jay has a first-look film deal with the company.

Our sources say Jay wants his relationship with the company to continue and grow, and since Harvey is out he's looking at acquiring a substantial equity stake in the company.

7789751b450fc81c53be911b3b55b849.jpg
 i ro nyMatike85dnyce215vagrant-718atribecalledgabiEmM HoLLa.VulcanRavennujerz84Lefty_Thereal_baAlready Home_17The HueSneakDZAonetoughmiracleplaymaker88grYmesTheBoyRoOl Jay'sblackrainT. SanfordFocal Pointtexasdaking88StoneColdMikeybossdon201Bender RodriguezCapitalBdontdiedontkillanyona.manneastbay510MD_PROPER CJdeadeyetexas409SionWhite_Owl_WillieMallyGKoltrainMECCA1000CeLLaR-DooRLordZukobull6599soul rattlerGhostdenithegawdmike06BDBIID$tayRichROLLINradio_santanablackgod813KINGECMancbkkbullynex ginLUClEN_JayRecaptimus_Prime360JungzAlpha_Ambition illestni99ainneLcnsdbyROYALTYFosheezyHuey_Cbigbird_1Lou_Cypher

Replies

• Lefty_Lefty_ The Ayatollah Of Baking Soda Pullin Up.....Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they’ll go for it but.....Still nigga......
    MarcusGarveyPeace_79KINGECLcnsdbyROYALTY
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 66,844 Regulator
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11
    "They" will never allow it. They like him where he's at just fine.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    KingFreemanblack caesarMeesterdeadeye313 wayzsoul rattlerblackgod813
  • Max.Max. Now go home and get your fucking shinebox Posts: 31,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    "They" will never allow it. They like him where he's at just fine.

he'll get 0.1% of the 23......enough for him to rap about and promote/branding, but not to really cake like the rest of the equity investors

@nets he swore he owned 99% lmaoo
    texasdaking88JusDre313JJ_EvansTheBoyRoAlready Home_17texas409soul rattlerinfamous114Huey_CRevolver Ocelot
  • ineedpussyineedpussy long hair dont care but bald head dont give a fuck! Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he must of forgot, "he's from marcy son, i guess ill remind yall." and he's black. smmfh
    deadeye
  • Rozetta5toneRozetta5tone Don't quote me bro Right herePosts: 4,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    grYmes wrote: »
    Extremely big power play if he pulls it off.
    Lmao how is it a power play when he has the capital to start his own production company?

Not much power in buying into someone’s else’s business...unless he’s buying it out. 23% isn’t even a third.

KingFreeman5 GrandJungz
  • JJ_EvansJJ_Evans Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    grYmes wrote: »
    Extremely big power play if he pulls it off.
    Lmao how is it a power play when he has the capital to start his own production company?

Not much power in buying into someone’s else’s business...unless he’s buying it out. 23% isn’t even a third.

It's one of the more established companies in Hollywood. A 10% - 23% share would be amazing and it would expand his portfolio tremendously.
    deadeyeKoltrainValentinez A. Kaiserblackrain
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always business nothing personal.

izsej6W8x1bly.png
  • Rozetta5toneRozetta5tone Don't quote me bro Right herePosts: 4,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d rather get my business news from a source specializing in business matters.

TMZ? Yeah ok.

Like homie said earlier about his stake in the Nets. He’s a token. His name will be used to overshadow the sexual harassment and his share will eventually be bought out once the smoke has cleared. And that’s if he’s able to purchase those shares.

MarcusGarveyValentinez A. Kaiser
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 64,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 14,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to Google Jay Z net worth is way bigger than Harveys

NoChattyPatty
    Jungz
  • MeesterMeester Indifferent. Outrage LandPosts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boss move