What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Jay-Z Is Discussing Buying Harvey Weinstein's Interest In The Weinstein Company

Replies

• BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    "They" will never allow it. They like him where he's at just fine.

you african americans are pessimistic as fuck , jesus...

I'm black but I'm not African American. Truth hurts though. LOL @ anybody thinking they will really have Jay-Z of all people get away with a reasonable stake in their shares. They won't even give Ice Cube that privilige and he's been knee deep in the movie biz for over 25 yrs.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    deadeye
  • ThaNubianGodThaNubianGod Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay is just a front-man with this, no real power. Would be dope to see majority owned black production companies rise up though, then we could really get films that aren't white-washed. And I'm not talking the Tyler Perry sellout shit either.

deadeyeBroddieKingFreemanAngeles1son85
  • MarcusGarveyMarcusGarvey Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The founders’ business skills, however, have not always matched their creative talents. The failure of an expansion into couture and video distribution led to a financial crisis in 2009. The company avoided bankruptcy with a painful debt and asset restructuring. Under that deal, Weinstein was able to retire its debt in exchange for giving a stake in 200 films to Goldman Sachs and Assured Guaranty Ltd., which were debt holders. Goldman’s interests in those films were later acquired by AMC Networks, which is controlled by the Dolan family and its Cablevision company.

Weinstein has enough money from cash flow and $500 million in credit from a consortium of 12 banks, led by Union Bank, to finance films. That credit line remains in place for about three more years, said Anthony Beaudoin, a managing director for entertainment finance at Union Bank.

From 2015 NYT article

you african americans are pessimistic as fuck , jesus...

I'm black but I'm not African American. Truth hurts though. LOL @ anybody thinking they will really have Jay-Z of all people get away with a reasonable stake in their shares. They won't even give Ice Cube that privilige and he's been knee deep in the movie biz for over 25 yrs.

Just because some people failed does not mean everyone fails , y'all outlook on life is myopic as fuck.

Stop believing so hard in these billionaire illusions these rappers talk about in their songs. Like Jay-Z said "It's only entertainment".
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    King_MeKingFreemantexasdaking88
    "Fly Robin fly!"

tumblr_mp33hlaEio1spgth9o1_250.gif
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Valentinez A. KaiserKingFreeman
  • fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 3,731 Regulator
    LOOK AT ME! I WORKED ON A MOVIE ONCE SO THAT MAKES ME AN EXPERT ON THE INDUSTRY!

tenor.gif

404_thanksobama.gif
    source.gif

Sionsoul rattlertexas409
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets talk about tyler Perry tho
    blue_london
    edited October 12
    Sion wrote: »

Remember he's funded Little Orphan Annie and a few other projects and did well. They'd be stupid not to consider Jay-Z when he has links to some of the most prominent entertainers and future film producers. He's not new to this and definitely has the platform via Tidal to have documentaries, TV shows and movies on there.

This is a great look for Hov if he gets it. I wonder who his team is, you don't hear nothing about them niggas, only Jay-Z. Maybe that's how he prefers to have it tho.

You're better than this. He did not "fund" the Annie movie. He was a partner with the Smiths and their partners. That pie was divided many ways.

Furthermore if Will Smith himself who is qualified has had a hard time transitioning to an exec level cause of industry politics and has to stay acting what makes you think they'd be more lenient with a relative newcomer lilke Jay-Z?

Good luck to him but I don't really see this going anywhere. This company is worth like 300 mill right now and there are more experienced players who can get in on that way easier than him. Competition gonna be tight.

Bro you're one of the most pessimistic cats on the IC especially in LCA. You criticise EVERY movie SMMFH. You the type of dude can't take to watch and enjoy anything without criticising. A cynic know the price of everything and the value of nothing. I hope Jay does just so we can have a field day and roast you when the time comes.

You guys can't distinct the difference between an opinion and cynicism. I don't want anybody to fail but I also don't bite my tongue especially as an opinionated mind and as a realist.

That's not my problem that you guys swear you have me figured out without having a clue. I'm not a binary thinker like you are so quit trying to box me in and grow up. I learned a long time ago the world is not black and white and to never deal in absolutes.

Seems like y'all just want to be coddled and told what you want to hear all the time. The opinion of the next man be damned.

Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way and neither does reality. If that's your prerogative fine but do me and yourself the favor of never trying to debate me again if you can't even be civil about it and respect that the world is not a giant think tank. Learn to ignore my posts since apparently they bother you so much.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    KingFreemanDarthRozay
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,673 Regulator
    Harvey Weinstein is finished
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,673 Regulator
    He's gonna end up like Mel Gibson and Bill Cosby
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall

Remember he's funded Little Orphan Annie and a few other projects and did well. They'd be stupid not to consider Jay-Z when he has links to some of the most prominent entertainers and future film producers. He's not new to this and definitely has the platform via Tidal to have documentaries, TV shows and movies on there.

This is a great look for Hov if he gets it. I wonder who his team is, you don't hear nothing about them niggas, only Jay-Z. Maybe that's how he prefers to have it tho.

You're better than this. He did not "fund" the Annie movie. He was a partner with the Smiths and their partners. That pie was divided many ways.

Furthermore if Will Smith himself who is qualified has had a hard time transitioning to an exec level cause of industry politics and has to stay acting what makes you think they'd be more lenient with a relative newcomer lilke Jay-Z?

Good luck to him but I don't really see this going anywhere. This company is worth like 300 mill right now and there are more experienced players who can get in on that way easier than him. Competition gonna be tight.

Bro you're one of the most pessimistic cats on the IC especially in LCA. You criticise EVERY movie SMMFH. You the type of dude can't take to watch and enjoy anything without criticising. A cynic know the price of everything and the value of nothing. I hope Jay does just so we can have a field day and roast you when the time comes.

You guys can't distinct the difference between an opinion and cynicism. I don't want anybody to fail but I also don't bite my tongue especially as an opinionated mind and as a realist.

That's not my problem that you guys swear you have me figured out without having a clue. I'm not a binary thinker like you are so quit trying to box me in and grow up. I learned a long time ago the world is not black and white and to never deal in absolutes.

Seems like y'all just want to be coddled and told what you want to hear all the time. The opinion of the next man be damned.

Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way and neither does reality. If that's your prerogative fine but do me and yourself the favor of never trying to debate me again if you can't even be civil about it and respect that the world is not a giant think tank. Learn to ignore my posts since apparently they bother you so much.

Dude shut up SMMFH no one cares about why you're miserable

Thanks for proving my point.

2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • rickmogulrickmogul ALL4IN Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a generational power move! Weinstein company " IS" Hollywood. That machine will always make doe.
    Mr.LVAngeles1son85
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12
    I remember watching a video of some dude talking about Jay. He was basically saying what Jay does is align himself with people who are good in their fields then when he learns what he needs to learns he moves on and start his own shit. I do think it's a learning experience thing for him. He would soak up how to finance films and the business side then start his own company. Why would he start a business from scratch in Hollywood with no experience.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
    Sion