What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

She's Gotta Have It | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

13»

Replies

• Madame_CJSkywalkerMadame_CJSkywalker Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭
    Not bad, happy for the black opportunities. Dope in a lot of areas, but some things were wack.

Shit fell all the way apart in the last episode.

Main character motivations were all over the place. Maybe that was intentional, but it ended up being plot speed bumps.

Delivering messages seemed to be more important than story.
    I missed this post, but yes! That's exactly what I was getting at with my previous post. Tell the fuckin story stop tryna address every issue we got going on today. With that said, I appreciate the gentrification angle.

the writing could have improved with more focus, nuance...subtlety

but it's a spike lee joint ...not surprised

see she hate me.... to a lesser extent school days, jungle fever

still love him though
  • white715white715 Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see what y'all are talking about honestly. It's a good show nothing groundbreaking it is not the wire or anything but it's an entertaining show.
    tumblr_m5sbvcTDfR1rp9rj8o1_250.gif
     i ro ny
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 14,023 Regulator
    white715 wrote: »
    I don't see what y'all are talking about honestly. It's a good show nothing groundbreaking it is not the wire or anything but it's an entertaining show.

I'm glad you like it....shit just don't really flow to me. It's too many things going on at once that don't need to be there
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to the movie it's fluffy... the tone of the movie was subtle

I agree with Gabi. There's so much going on in this show and 30 years removed from the movie probably Spike done forgot about its premise

However I like the music and how they show the artwork as a song finishes. That's dope
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

Westie wrote: »
    Lol what is cunting?

Lol i like it. I am cunting.

atribecalledgabiCapitalBbuttuh_btexas409
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the show no complaints at all
    so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

Oh and I'm surprised none of you heathens talked about that lesbian scene lol
    Focal PointLcnsdbyROYALTY
  • Focal PointFocal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonPosts: 16,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Girl on Girl action... wundaba
  • inoriinori Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    checkin this out... I agree with previous posters that have said this shit is a lil heavy handed but its aite....Ima support it based on the mostly black cast..

That nose ring shit is a bit distracting to me tho lol
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished the whole of it last night...

One thing you can't accuse Spike of is shying away from Blackness in his films. No matter the context or plot of his screenplays race must be an underlying factor...

I liked the ode to Prince with the last episode but it's evident Spike was trying to appeal to the LGBT crowd with that 'portrait' and feminists in the second or third episode

I've read varying reviews on it and some share my views. I don't really think this series was necessary. The movie was groundbreaking for its time. Spike even said his wife pitched the idea for a series around the film first...
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

Westie wrote: »
    Lol what is cunting?

Lol i like it. I am cunting.

•  i ro ny i ro ny Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

For what it’s worth, I thought it was a dope adaptation of the movie.
    Maywood
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 64,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was cool.
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
    Maywood
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all negros hate anything black. This show was fun and different from beginning to end. I love the scenery of NYC in the fall and winter and this captures it beautifully. The characters are unique and all feed off each other. I loved the music and the bright colors also
    Maywoodrip.dillaHafBayked
    texas409 wrote: »
    Y'all negros hate anything black. This show was fun and different from beginning to end. I love the scenery of NYC in the fall and winter and this captures it beautifully. The characters are unique and all feed off each other. I loved the music and the bright colors also

You didn't say anything about the story...which is why ppl are saying they didn't like it. Foh with this "I watched on mute" ass analysis lol
13»