What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

MGTOWrama : A FEMINIZM CONSEQUENCE

1181921232432

Replies

  • Madame_CJSkywalkerMadame_CJSkywalker Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14
    Mister B. wrote: »
    0c2tohmz0mxu.png
    5tt3ufzfc9ks.png
    zo8vnit3oz9g.png

    Thoughts?

    Dumb shit and part of the reason is hard to take feminists seriously.

    Why do you always attribute any "dumb shit" any woman may say to feminism

    And regardless does feminism have a monopoly on "dumb shit"

    Are you a Christian?

    lol Because feminists are the ones saying that shit. The average female ain't running around complaining about being referred to as females. Claiming that the word "female" is dehumanizing is some feminist bullshit.

    Yes, I am a Christian, and yes a large percentage of people who claim to be Christians are full of shit. Unlike you, me subscribing to a certain philosophy doesn't prevent me from admitting the negatives associated with that philosophy and those who push it.

    Lol

    Have you conducted a survey, done ur own research?


    Refer to the older women in ur family as "females" within earshot ...see what they have to say

    My mother, who is a traditionalist, believes broads is basically a polite way of saying “bitches” so she would have some words for you

    And ive admitted the negatives multiple times...in this thread as well when i spoke on conditional feminist

    Maybe im not down on feminism as much as you'd like because shocker we dont agree on a lot

    I've used the word females around older women in my family. Hell older women in my family have used the word females in reference to women that I or other males in my family have dated. And "broads" is different than "female." "Broad" in the past has been used as a less that respectful way to refer to women. The same can't be said for "female." It's a completely inert word.

    And you criticize some feminist viewpoints, but you like to act as if all the negative shit is from extremists. That's not the truth. Just like you know as well as I know, that outrage of the use of the word "female" is not something that is common among the average woman. It's feminist pushed rhetoric. If that's not true, post examples of non feminist women making a big deal over that.

    Lol

    Believe me or not i know women who dont like to being referred to as females ...many whom dont subscribe to feminism ...Or who may use it themselves to refer to a woman or women they typically don't care for

    There are worst words. I'm not gonna trip about being called a female. Again im guilty of using it myself. But i can understand and respect another woman for having an issue with it. It has been used to strip women of their subjectivity. Majority of the time i hear the word female nothing nice follows. And I dont believe its our right to tell others how to feel

    At the end of the day a words definition is constructed by general consensus. All words. So if women in general decide that a word is an insult, the general population of women keeps asking people not to use it that way, and the majority of people who use it the way they are describing are doing so as a means to disparage a demographic. Then that particular usage is sexist

  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14
    Mister B. wrote: »
    0c2tohmz0mxu.png
    5tt3ufzfc9ks.png
    zo8vnit3oz9g.png

    Thoughts?

    Dumb shit and part of the reason is hard to take feminists seriously.

    Why do you always attribute any "dumb shit" any woman may say to feminism

    And regardless does feminism have a monopoly on "dumb shit"

    Are you a Christian?

    lol Because feminists are the ones saying that shit. The average female ain't running around complaining about being referred to as females. Claiming that the word "female" is dehumanizing is some feminist bullshit.

    Yes, I am a Christian, and yes a large percentage of people who claim to be Christians are full of shit. Unlike you, me subscribing to a certain philosophy doesn't prevent me from admitting the negatives associated with that philosophy and those who push it.

    Lol

    Have you conducted a survey, done ur own research?


    Refer to the older women in ur family as "females" within earshot ...see what they have to say

    My mother, who is a traditionalist, believes broads is basically a polite way of saying “bitches” so she would have some words for you

    And ive admitted the negatives multiple times...in this thread as well when i spoke on conditional feminist

    Maybe im not down on feminism as much as you'd like because shocker we dont agree on a lot

    I've used the word females around older women in my family. Hell older women in my family have used the word females in reference to women that I or other males in my family have dated. And "broads" is different than "female." "Broad" in the past has been used as a less that respectful way to refer to women. The same can't be said for "female." It's a completely inert word.

    And you criticize some feminist viewpoints, but you like to act as if all the negative shit is from extremists. That's not the truth. Just like you know as well as I know, that outrage of the use of the word "female" is not something that is common among the average woman. It's feminist pushed rhetoric. If that's not true, post examples of non feminist women making a big deal over that.

    Lol

    Believe me or not i know women who dont like to being referred to as females ...many whom dont subscribe to feminism ...Or who may use it themselves to refer to a woman or women they typically dont care for

    And to say its completely inert word is false. You have ppl who purposely use it to strip women of their subjectivity

    There are worst words. I'm not gonna trip about being called a female. Again im guilty of using it myself. But i can understand and respect another woman for having an issue with it. Majority of the time i hear the word female nothing nice follows. And I dont believe its our right to tell others how to feel

    At the end of the day a words definition is constructed by general consensus. All words. So if women in general decide that a word is an insult, the general population of women keeps asking people not to use it that way, and the majority of people who use it the way they are describing are doing so as a means to disparage a demographic. Then that particular usage is sexist

    I never said there aren't women who don't like to be called that. But there is a difference between preferring not to be called something, and implying that general use of the word is intrinsically bad, which is what feminists tend to do.

    And the word is inert. By itself, there is nothing good or bad about it. Can some people use it in a demeaning way? Sure. That's true for a lot of words. However, something like bitch is fundamentally meant to be an insulting term. That is not, nor has it ever been the case for the word female, so the dingbats that keep pushing that need to stop.

    Your last paragraph is completely correct. The point I'm making is that female is not accepted or used by the general population as an insult. Again, that's some shit some feminists made up and making an issues seemingly for no reason.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    deadeye
  • jetlifebihjetlifebih Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    How the fuck does fem male offend y’all??

    It’s the feminine version of the male....nothing more than recognizing the difference between penis and vagina and according to y’all , yalls difference needs to be recognized as a part of yalls humanity...

    Can Somebody articulate why you don’t like it or how it rubs you the wrong way?

    I don't know that I have ever, outside of the context of science and research, heard a man or woman refer to other men as "males"

    Have you?

    But no female isnt inherently a derogatory word

    Yes I have actually.....

    When asking the ratio of college students on a campus , club, employees at my gig..it’s scientific in a way but hardly......and none of it’s derogatory...it’s a genuine interest in the ratio and just so happened to say male and female instead of men and women or girls and boys....

    Tbh I used to say girls and boys when I was young grew up a little more then it was niggas and bitches, outgrew that too,now it’s males/females or men/women
  • Madame_CJSkywalkerMadame_CJSkywalker Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14
    Mister B. wrote: »
    0c2tohmz0mxu.png
    5tt3ufzfc9ks.png
    zo8vnit3oz9g.png

    Thoughts?

    Dumb shit and part of the reason is hard to take feminists seriously.

    Why do you always attribute any "dumb shit" any woman may say to feminism

    And regardless does feminism have a monopoly on "dumb shit"

    Are you a Christian?

    lol Because feminists are the ones saying that shit. The average female ain't running around complaining about being referred to as females. Claiming that the word "female" is dehumanizing is some feminist bullshit.

    Yes, I am a Christian, and yes a large percentage of people who claim to be Christians are full of shit. Unlike you, me subscribing to a certain philosophy doesn't prevent me from admitting the negatives associated with that philosophy and those who push it.

    Lol

    Have you conducted a survey, done ur own research?


    Refer to the older women in ur family as "females" within earshot ...see what they have to say

    My mother, who is a traditionalist, believes broads is basically a polite way of saying “bitches” so she would have some words for you

    And ive admitted the negatives multiple times...in this thread as well when i spoke on conditional feminist

    Maybe im not down on feminism as much as you'd like because shocker we dont agree on a lot

    I've used the word females around older women in my family. Hell older women in my family have used the word females in reference to women that I or other males in my family have dated. And "broads" is different than "female." "Broad" in the past has been used as a less that respectful way to refer to women. The same can't be said for "female." It's a completely inert word.

    And you criticize some feminist viewpoints, but you like to act as if all the negative shit is from extremists. That's not the truth. Just like you know as well as I know, that outrage of the use of the word "female" is not something that is common among the average woman. It's feminist pushed rhetoric. If that's not true, post examples of non feminist women making a big deal over that.

    Lol

    Believe me or not i know women who dont like to being referred to as females ...many whom dont subscribe to feminism ...Or who may use it themselves to refer to a woman or women they typically dont care for

    And to say its completely inert word is false. You have ppl who purposely use it to strip women of their subjectivity

    There are worst words. I'm not gonna trip about being called a female. Again im guilty of using it myself. But i can understand and respect another woman for having an issue with it. Majority of the time i hear the word female nothing nice follows. And I dont believe its our right to tell others how to feel

    At the end of the day a words definition is constructed by general consensus. All words. So if women in general decide that a word is an insult, the general population of women keeps asking people not to use it that way, and the majority of people who use it the way they are describing are doing so as a means to disparage a demographic. Then that particular usage is sexist

    I never said there aren't women who don't like to be called that. But there is a difference between preferring not to be called something, and implying that general use of the word is intrinsically bad, which is what feminists tend to do.

    And the word is inert. By itself, there is nothing good or bad about it. Can some people use it in a demeaning way? Sure. That's true for a lot of words. However, something like bitch is fundamentally meant to be an insulting term. That is not, nor has it ever been the case for the word female, so the dingbats that keep pushing that need to stop.

    Your last paragraph is completely correct. The point I'm making is that female is not accepted or used by the general population as an insult. Again, that's some shit some feminists made up and making an issues seemingly for no reason.


    the words "female" and "woman" do mean different things

    and again from my experiences its always meant to imply inferiority or contempt

    it's always " ur acting like a bunch of females" , "females be tripping" , "females ain't shit"

    you claim most these women who take issue are feminist. the average woman does not. that is possible, but the burden of proof falls on you

    until you can provide some numbers, surveys, studies, etc let's just agree there are women who don't like to be referred to as females
  • Madame_CJSkywalkerMadame_CJSkywalker Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    How the fuck does fem male offend y’all??

    It’s the feminine version of the male....nothing more than recognizing the difference between penis and vagina and according to y’all , yalls difference needs to be recognized as a part of yalls humanity...

    Can Somebody articulate why you don’t like it or how it rubs you the wrong way?

    I don't know that I have ever, outside of the context of science and research, heard a man or woman refer to other men as "males"

    Have you?

    But no female isnt inherently a derogatory word

    Yes I have actually.....

    When asking the ratio of college students on a campus , club, employees at my gig..it’s scientific in a way but hardly......and none of it’s derogatory...it’s a genuine interest in the ratio and just so happened to say male and female instead of men and women or girls and boys....

    Tbh I used to say girls and boys when I was young grew up a little more then it was niggas and bitches, outgrew that too,now it’s males/females or men/women

    outside of the context of science AND research

    so when you just out with a friend or whoever just kicking it, you refer to men as "males"? use "male" as a noun?
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttPosts: 22,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    I'd rather be called a broad than a female...cuz broad is funny to me.

    Getting called a female gives me "you people" vibes...foh with that shit lol

    I've heard this from women before. The truth is y'all don't like being called females because the word female is associated with being weak and fragile. Again a backwards mindframe to be insecure of who and what you are and that is a female

    I mean you coulda just asked me instead of reaching.

    Ever since ice cube said it Friday "man that's a female!" I hated the way it sounded coming out his mouth. Like super aggressive and harsh for no reason lmao So now every time I hear it or read it i hear it in his voice lol. Aint no feminist reason behind it. I really don't care tho...



    this ain't the hill I wana die on





    @AP21
    deadeye
    So, you're mad because I quoted a post.....that included a scantily clad pic of you......that you sent to another man.....while both of you are supposed to be in committed relationships with other people?

    Hilarious.
    June 12 Delete


    MsSouthern
    just messy ...smh
    June 12



    deadeye
    You can call me messy, but you can't say I was lying about anything I said.
    June 12 Delete


    MzGrahamBitches
    gtfoff my page and mind your fucking business old man.


    Oh wait, you have no business which is why you stalk various females on the internet tryibg to interject yourself into their business.

    Fuck off.
    June 12


    deadeye
    Most of your business is public knowledge Kathryn.

    You should learn to exercise more discretion.

    You're too old to continuously find yourself in compromising situations.

    I'm extremely disappointed in your behavior and expect much better of you in the future.

    With compassion, concern, sincerity, and due diligence.
    June 12 Delete

    MzGrahamBitches
    I hope you die of old age tonight.
    June 12

    deadeye
    That's a horrible thing to say.

    I'm sorry you feel that way Kathryn.

    However, I've never heard of anyone dying of old age at 43.

    My words must've really hit home for you to want me to die tonight.

    I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

    Instead of wishing me death, your time would be better served reflecting on your past transgressions and thinking about what steps you can take to improve yourself.
    June 12 Delete


    Dirty Sanchez
    kat caught feelings
    June 12

    deadeye
    Indeed she did.

    Definitely not your usual white woman.
    June 12 Delete

    MzGrahamBitches
    Titanagraphs but I caught feelings..ok.

    Type me another one pops.
    June 12


    deadeye
    You wished death upon me Kathryn.

    Solely because I quoted a post which featured you in a bathrobe with your privates partially exposed.

    A pic that would have never been publicly accessible had it not been for your carelessness and bad judgement.

    Essentially, you want me to die for your mistakes.

    Smarten up Kathryn.

    If anyone caught feelings it's you.

    This is just entertainment for me.
    June 12 Delete




    0idvkbvn43de.jpg




    @deadeye nah mate, fuck off, I literally hate seeing your name in my notifications because I know it's your FUCKING LIST. I'm tired of being @'d to some thread because of your shitty list, makes me just want to punch you in your fat fucking face.

    You're a digrace to creepset and 'mature' black men the world over.

    Fuck your entire existence.


    You are a plain idiot. Since you cannot give birth nor have a proper sense of enduring and suffering you cannot understand my post.

    @Westie has put her life on the line several times to give life. I wish I had an ounce of that courage, endurance and resiliance.

    Peace
    AP21atribecalledgabi
  • BiblicalAtheist BiblicalAtheist Prude FieldsPosts: 15,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    How the fuck does fem male offend y’all??

    It’s the feminine version of the male....nothing more than recognizing the difference between penis and vagina and according to y’all , yalls difference needs to be recognized as a part of yalls humanity...

    Can Somebody articulate why you don’t like it or how it rubs you the wrong way?

    I don't know that I have ever, outside of the context of science and research, heard a man or woman refer to other men as "males"

    Have you?

    But no female isnt inherently a derogatory word

    Yes I have actually.....

    When asking the ratio of college students on a campus , club, employees at my gig..it’s scientific in a way but hardly......and none of it’s derogatory...it’s a genuine interest in the ratio and just so happened to say male and female instead of men and women or girls and boys....

    Tbh I used to say girls and boys when I was young grew up a little more then it was niggas and bitches, outgrew that too,now it’s males/females or men/women

    outside of the context of science AND research

    so when you just out with a friend or whoever just kicking it, you refer to men as "males"? use "male" as a noun?

    I do, the same for males/men. If your a youngin with no experience in life or women, you're a male or a male you shouldn't invest time in. Being a man or women imo is something gained through experience.
  • Madame_CJSkywalkerMadame_CJSkywalker Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    How the fuck does fem male offend y’all??

    It’s the feminine version of the male....nothing more than recognizing the difference between penis and vagina and according to y’all , yalls difference needs to be recognized as a part of yalls humanity...

    Can Somebody articulate why you don’t like it or how it rubs you the wrong way?

    I don't know that I have ever, outside of the context of science and research, heard a man or woman refer to other men as "males"

    Have you?

    But no female isnt inherently a derogatory word

    Yes I have actually.....

    When asking the ratio of college students on a campus , club, employees at my gig..it’s scientific in a way but hardly......and none of it’s derogatory...it’s a genuine interest in the ratio and just so happened to say male and female instead of men and women or girls and boys....

    Tbh I used to say girls and boys when I was young grew up a little more then it was niggas and bitches, outgrew that too,now it’s males/females or men/women

    outside of the context of science AND research

    so when you just out with a friend or whoever just kicking it, you refer to men as "males"? use "male" as a noun?

    I do, the same for males/men. If your a youngin with no experience in life or women, you're a male or a male you shouldn't invest time in. Being a man or women imo is something gained through experience.

    oh ok

    honestly i've never heard anybody use male as a noun casually
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttPosts: 22,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    How the fuck does fem male offend y’all??

    It’s the feminine version of the male....nothing more than recognizing the difference between penis and vagina and according to y’all , yalls difference needs to be recognized as a part of yalls humanity...

    Can Somebody articulate why you don’t like it or how it rubs you the wrong way?

    I don't know that I have ever, outside of the context of science and research, heard a man or woman refer to other men as "males"

    Have you?

    But no female isnt inherently a derogatory word

    Yes I have actually.....

    When asking the ratio of college students on a campus , club, employees at my gig..it’s scientific in a way but hardly......and none of it’s derogatory...it’s a genuine interest in the ratio and just so happened to say male and female instead of men and women or girls and boys....

    Tbh I used to say girls and boys when I was young grew up a little more then it was niggas and bitches, outgrew that too,now it’s males/females or men/women

    outside of the context of science AND research

    so when you just out with a friend or whoever just kicking it, you refer to men as "males"? use "male" as a noun?

    I do, the same for males/men. If your a youngin with no experience in life or women, you're a male or a male you shouldn't invest time in. Being a man or women imo is something gained through experience.



    @BiblicalAtheist



    Often times I refer to women as "young lady" when I'm being condescending.



    None of them ever pick up on it though.



    They can't tell if I'm complimenting them on their looks by implying that they look younger than they really are..............or whether I'm only saying it because I'm older than they think I am.
    deadeye
    So, you're mad because I quoted a post.....that included a scantily clad pic of you......that you sent to another man.....while both of you are supposed to be in committed relationships with other people?

    Hilarious.
    June 12 Delete


    MsSouthern
    just messy ...smh
    June 12



    deadeye
    You can call me messy, but you can't say I was lying about anything I said.
    June 12 Delete


    MzGrahamBitches
    gtfoff my page and mind your fucking business old man.


    Oh wait, you have no business which is why you stalk various females on the internet tryibg to interject yourself into their business.

    Fuck off.
    June 12


    deadeye
    Most of your business is public knowledge Kathryn.

    You should learn to exercise more discretion.

    You're too old to continuously find yourself in compromising situations.

    I'm extremely disappointed in your behavior and expect much better of you in the future.

    With compassion, concern, sincerity, and due diligence.
    June 12 Delete

    MzGrahamBitches
    I hope you die of old age tonight.
    June 12

    deadeye
    That's a horrible thing to say.

    I'm sorry you feel that way Kathryn.

    However, I've never heard of anyone dying of old age at 43.

    My words must've really hit home for you to want me to die tonight.

    I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

    Instead of wishing me death, your time would be better served reflecting on your past transgressions and thinking about what steps you can take to improve yourself.
    June 12 Delete


    Dirty Sanchez
    kat caught feelings
    June 12

    deadeye
    Indeed she did.

    Definitely not your usual white woman.
    June 12 Delete

    MzGrahamBitches
    Titanagraphs but I caught feelings..ok.

    Type me another one pops.
    June 12


    deadeye
    You wished death upon me Kathryn.

    Solely because I quoted a post which featured you in a bathrobe with your privates partially exposed.

    A pic that would have never been publicly accessible had it not been for your carelessness and bad judgement.

    Essentially, you want me to die for your mistakes.

    Smarten up Kathryn.

    If anyone caught feelings it's you.

    This is just entertainment for me.
    June 12 Delete




    0idvkbvn43de.jpg




    @deadeye nah mate, fuck off, I literally hate seeing your name in my notifications because I know it's your FUCKING LIST. I'm tired of being @'d to some thread because of your shitty list, makes me just want to punch you in your fat fucking face.

    You're a digrace to creepset and 'mature' black men the world over.

    Fuck your entire existence.


    You are a plain idiot. Since you cannot give birth nor have a proper sense of enduring and suffering you cannot understand my post.

    @Westie has put her life on the line several times to give life. I wish I had an ounce of that courage, endurance and resiliance.

    Peace
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I get what you're saying, but those same examples of insults can and are made with other words frequently also. You trying to say you never heard "ur acting like a bunch of girls," "hoes be tripping," "women ain't shit."

    Does it somehow make it less sexist if a guy expresses the same sentiment using "woman" instead of "female." The guys that make those comments have those opinions, and they may use that word to express them, but that doesn't make the word inherently bad. So it's silly to attach that connotation to the word and condemn the word rather than just condemn the mindset.

    Take this article:

    https://jezebel.com/the-problem-with-calling-women-females-1683808274

    I don't know if the author is a feminist, but I believe feminist writings are common on the site. She's actually comparing "female" to bitch, cunt, and slut in its level of disrespect and implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people. Arguments like this is why I say feminism or people who using feminist mindsets are full of shit.

    Hell her first bullet point is that female it isn't specific to humans where words like "woman" are. That's true, but that doesn't mean that using female automatically strip away humanity in the way she implies. Not all vehicles are cars, but if I refer to a car as a vehicle, I'm not discounting the fact that it is a car. No one would ever make that argument because it's stupid. So why is it valid here?
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    deadeye
  • jetlifebihjetlifebih Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    How the fuck does fem male offend y’all??

    It’s the feminine version of the male....nothing more than recognizing the difference between penis and vagina and according to y’all , yalls difference needs to be recognized as a part of yalls humanity...

    Can Somebody articulate why you don’t like it or how it rubs you the wrong way?

    I don't know that I have ever, outside of the context of science and research, heard a man or woman refer to other men as "males"

    Have you?

    But no female isnt inherently a derogatory word

    Yes I have actually.....

    When asking the ratio of college students on a campus , club, employees at my gig..it’s scientific in a way but hardly......and none of it’s derogatory...it’s a genuine interest in the ratio and just so happened to say male and female instead of men and women or girls and boys....

    Tbh I used to say girls and boys when I was young grew up a little more then it was niggas and bitches, outgrew that too,now it’s males/females or men/women

    outside of the context of science AND research

    so when you just out with a friend or whoever just kicking it, you refer to men as "males"? use "male" as a noun?

    Yes....if somebody says to somebody is on the phone for you, I say in lip language or whisper “male or female?” Because that along with the time of the day gives me a better idea of who is calling

    If we see a transformer or a androgynous being (wtf lol)
    I’ll ask, what you think? Male or female??

    If I hear a voice that could be either or, like if a friend is watching videos on ig or Facebook, I’ll be like was that a male or female

    It’s not about weak or strong, emotion or emotionless....I wanna know...is that a dude or a female?
  • Madame_CJSkywalkerMadame_CJSkywalker Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭
    lol I get what you're saying, but those same examples of insults can and are made with other words frequently also. You trying to say you never heard "ur acting like a bunch of girls," "hoes be tripping," "women ain't shit."

    Does it somehow make it less sexist if a guy expresses the same sentiment using "woman" instead of "female." The guys that make those comments have those opinions, and they may use that word to express them, but that doesn't make the word inherently bad. So it's silly to attach that connotation to the word and condemn the word rather than just condemn the mindset.

    Take this article:

    https://jezebel.com/the-problem-with-calling-women-females-1683808274

    I don't know if the author is a feminist, but I believe feminist writings are common on the site. She's actually comparing "female" to bitch, cunt, and slut in its level of disrespect and implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people. Arguments like this is why I say feminism or people who using feminist mindsets are full of shit.

    Hell her first bullet point is that female it isn't specific to humans where words like "woman" are. That's true, but that doesn't mean that using female automatically strip away humanity in the way she implies. Not all vehicles are cars, but if I refer to a car as a vehicle, I'm not discounting the fact that it is a car. No one would ever make that argument because it's stupid. So why is it valid here?


    girls, women are not used nearly as much to imply inferiority or contempt

    and we are talking about human beings capable of thought and not pieces of metal...and since only a human can be a woman, if you call a woman a 'female' one can argue it can be interpreted that you are downgrading her to a lower status

    implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people, is a stretch

    but like i said i'm not tripping off use of the word

    sounds corny, but it's just growing pains... women being more empowered then ever before, trying to find their voices

    i'd compare it when blk ppl were in disagreement on whether 'colored' 'negro' were acceptable terms...what is racist and what is not
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttPosts: 22,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14
    lol I get what you're saying, but those same examples of insults can and are made with other words frequently also. You trying to say you never heard "ur acting like a bunch of girls," "hoes be tripping," "women ain't shit."

    Does it somehow make it less sexist if a guy expresses the same sentiment using "woman" instead of "female." The guys that make those comments have those opinions, and they may use that word to express them, but that doesn't make the word inherently bad. So it's silly to attach that connotation to the word and condemn the word rather than just condemn the mindset.

    Take this article:

    https://jezebel.com/the-problem-with-calling-women-females-1683808274

    I don't know if the author is a feminist, but I believe feminist writings are common on the site. She's actually comparing "female" to bitch, cunt, and slut in its level of disrespect and implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people. Arguments like this is why I say feminism or people who using feminist mindsets are full of shit.

    Hell her first bullet point is that female it isn't specific to humans where words like "woman" are. That's true, but that doesn't mean that using female automatically strip away humanity in the way she implies. Not all vehicles are cars, but if I refer to a car as a vehicle, I'm not discounting the fact that it is a car. No one would ever make that argument because it's stupid. So why is it valid here?



    and we are talking about human beings capable of thought and not pieces of metal...and since only a human can be a woman, if you call a woman a 'female' one can argue it can be interpreted that you are downgrading her to a lower status


    implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people, is a stretch


    Keep up the good work.



    This is exactly the kind of thought process that's causing more and more people to not take the feminist movement seriously.



    Look at how @jono 's flipped.



    Lowkey that's one of the funniest, refreshing, and revealing things that I've seen on the IC in a while.



    What's most disturbing to me is that.........if you consider yourself to be a moderate feminist..........and you think like this.........




    vwmuqli4nhci.gif




    Granted, you admitted that it was a stretch to think that calling a woman a female is an act of disrespect.




    However, the fact that you also acknowledged that you understand how someone can make the case for that speaks volumes.
    deadeye
    So, you're mad because I quoted a post.....that included a scantily clad pic of you......that you sent to another man.....while both of you are supposed to be in committed relationships with other people?

    Hilarious.
    June 12 Delete


    MsSouthern
    just messy ...smh
    June 12



    deadeye
    You can call me messy, but you can't say I was lying about anything I said.
    June 12 Delete


    MzGrahamBitches
    gtfoff my page and mind your fucking business old man.


    Oh wait, you have no business which is why you stalk various females on the internet tryibg to interject yourself into their business.

    Fuck off.
    June 12


    deadeye
    Most of your business is public knowledge Kathryn.

    You should learn to exercise more discretion.

    You're too old to continuously find yourself in compromising situations.

    I'm extremely disappointed in your behavior and expect much better of you in the future.

    With compassion, concern, sincerity, and due diligence.
    June 12 Delete

    MzGrahamBitches
    I hope you die of old age tonight.
    June 12

    deadeye
    That's a horrible thing to say.

    I'm sorry you feel that way Kathryn.

    However, I've never heard of anyone dying of old age at 43.

    My words must've really hit home for you to want me to die tonight.

    I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

    Instead of wishing me death, your time would be better served reflecting on your past transgressions and thinking about what steps you can take to improve yourself.
    June 12 Delete


    Dirty Sanchez
    kat caught feelings
    June 12

    deadeye
    Indeed she did.

    Definitely not your usual white woman.
    June 12 Delete

    MzGrahamBitches
    Titanagraphs but I caught feelings..ok.

    Type me another one pops.
    June 12


    deadeye
    You wished death upon me Kathryn.

    Solely because I quoted a post which featured you in a bathrobe with your privates partially exposed.

    A pic that would have never been publicly accessible had it not been for your carelessness and bad judgement.

    Essentially, you want me to die for your mistakes.

    Smarten up Kathryn.

    If anyone caught feelings it's you.

    This is just entertainment for me.
    June 12 Delete




    0idvkbvn43de.jpg




    @deadeye nah mate, fuck off, I literally hate seeing your name in my notifications because I know it's your FUCKING LIST. I'm tired of being @'d to some thread because of your shitty list, makes me just want to punch you in your fat fucking face.

    You're a digrace to creepset and 'mature' black men the world over.

    Fuck your entire existence.


    You are a plain idiot. Since you cannot give birth nor have a proper sense of enduring and suffering you cannot understand my post.

    @Westie has put her life on the line several times to give life. I wish I had an ounce of that courage, endurance and resiliance.

    Peace
    The Lonious Monk
  • Madame_CJSkywalkerMadame_CJSkywalker Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    How the fuck does fem male offend y’all??

    It’s the feminine version of the male....nothing more than recognizing the difference between penis and vagina and according to y’all , yalls difference needs to be recognized as a part of yalls humanity...

    Can Somebody articulate why you don’t like it or how it rubs you the wrong way?

    I don't know that I have ever, outside of the context of science and research, heard a man or woman refer to other men as "males"

    Have you?

    But no female isnt inherently a derogatory word

    Yes I have actually.....

    When asking the ratio of college students on a campus , club, employees at my gig..it’s scientific in a way but hardly......and none of it’s derogatory...it’s a genuine interest in the ratio and just so happened to say male and female instead of men and women or girls and boys....

    Tbh I used to say girls and boys when I was young grew up a little more then it was niggas and bitches, outgrew that too,now it’s males/females or men/women

    outside of the context of science AND research

    so when you just out with a friend or whoever just kicking it, you refer to men as "males"? use "male" as a noun?

    Yes....if somebody says to somebody is on the phone for you, I say in lip language or whisper “male or female?” Because that along with the time of the day gives me a better idea of who is calling

    If we see a transformer or a androgynous being (wtf lol)
    I’ll ask, what you think? Male or female??

    If I hear a voice that could be either or, like if a friend is watching videos on ig or Facebook, I’ll be like was that a male or female

    It’s not about weak or strong, emotion or emotionless....I wanna know...is that a dude or a female?

    ur referring to the usage of the word as an adjective

    is the caller a male or female? is that person a male or female? does that voice belong to a male of female person?

    what i was talking about is someone saying " look at those males" or "i talked to that male from the club yesterday"
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14
    lol I get what you're saying, but those same examples of insults can and are made with other words frequently also. You trying to say you never heard "ur acting like a bunch of girls," "hoes be tripping," "women ain't shit."

    Does it somehow make it less sexist if a guy expresses the same sentiment using "woman" instead of "female." The guys that make those comments have those opinions, and they may use that word to express them, but that doesn't make the word inherently bad. So it's silly to attach that connotation to the word and condemn the word rather than just condemn the mindset.

    Take this article:

    https://jezebel.com/the-problem-with-calling-women-females-1683808274

    I don't know if the author is a feminist, but I believe feminist writings are common on the site. She's actually comparing "female" to bitch, cunt, and slut in its level of disrespect and implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people. Arguments like this is why I say feminism or people who using feminist mindsets are full of shit.

    Hell her first bullet point is that female it isn't specific to humans where words like "woman" are. That's true, but that doesn't mean that using female automatically strip away humanity in the way she implies. Not all vehicles are cars, but if I refer to a car as a vehicle, I'm not discounting the fact that it is a car. No one would ever make that argument because it's stupid. So why is it valid here?


    girls, women are not used nearly as much to imply inferiority or contempt

    and we are talking about human beings capable of thought and not pieces of metal...and since only a human can be a woman, if you call a woman a 'female' one can argue it can be interpreted that you are downgrading her to a lower status

    implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people, is a stretch

    but like i said i'm not tripping off use of the word

    sounds corny, but it's just growing pains... women being more empowered then ever before, trying to find their voices

    i'd compare it when blk ppl were in disagreement on whether 'colored' 'negro' were acceptable terms...what is racist and what is not

    WTF @ the bold.

    tenor.gif?itemid=8950895
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    deadeyeblakfyahking
  • jetlifebihjetlifebih Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    How the fuck does fem male offend y’all??

    It’s the feminine version of the male....nothing more than recognizing the difference between penis and vagina and according to y’all , yalls difference needs to be recognized as a part of yalls humanity...

    Can Somebody articulate why you don’t like it or how it rubs you the wrong way?

    I don't know that I have ever, outside of the context of science and research, heard a man or woman refer to other men as "males"

    Have you?

    But no female isnt inherently a derogatory word

    Yes I have actually.....

    When asking the ratio of college students on a campus , club, employees at my gig..it’s scientific in a way but hardly......and none of it’s derogatory...it’s a genuine interest in the ratio and just so happened to say male and female instead of men and women or girls and boys....

    Tbh I used to say girls and boys when I was young grew up a little more then it was niggas and bitches, outgrew that too,now it’s males/females or men/women

    outside of the context of science AND research

    so when you just out with a friend or whoever just kicking it, you refer to men as "males"? use "male" as a noun?

    Yes....if somebody says to somebody is on the phone for you, I say in lip language or whisper “male or female?” Because that along with the time of the day gives me a better idea of who is calling

    If we see a transformer or a androgynous being (wtf lol)
    I’ll ask, what you think? Male or female??

    If I hear a voice that could be either or, like if a friend is watching videos on ig or Facebook, I’ll be like was that a male or female

    It’s not about weak or strong, emotion or emotionless....I wanna know...is that a dude or a female?

    ur referring to the usage of the word as an adjective

    is the caller a male or female? is that person a male or female? does that voice belong to a male of female person?

    what i was talking about is someone saying " look at those males" or "i talked to that male from the club yesterday"

    I don’t even think sexist say “I talked to that female from the club yesterday”

    Unless she/he was a switch hitter....why would you need to specify the sex of a person you talked to in a club unless you like both sexes?
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 26,988 Regulator
    edited November 14
    deadeye wrote: »
    lol I get what you're saying, but those same examples of insults can and are made with other words frequently also. You trying to say you never heard "ur acting like a bunch of girls," "hoes be tripping," "women ain't shit."

    Does it somehow make it less sexist if a guy expresses the same sentiment using "woman" instead of "female." The guys that make those comments have those opinions, and they may use that word to express them, but that doesn't make the word inherently bad. So it's silly to attach that connotation to the word and condemn the word rather than just condemn the mindset.

    Take this article:

    https://jezebel.com/the-problem-with-calling-women-females-1683808274

    I don't know if the author is a feminist, but I believe feminist writings are common on the site. She's actually comparing "female" to bitch, cunt, and slut in its level of disrespect and implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people. Arguments like this is why I say feminism or people who using feminist mindsets are full of shit.

    Hell her first bullet point is that female it isn't specific to humans where words like "woman" are. That's true, but that doesn't mean that using female automatically strip away humanity in the way she implies. Not all vehicles are cars, but if I refer to a car as a vehicle, I'm not discounting the fact that it is a car. No one would ever make that argument because it's stupid. So why is it valid here?



    and we are talking about human beings capable of thought and not pieces of metal...and since only a human can be a woman, if you call a woman a 'female' one can argue it can be interpreted that you are downgrading her to a lower status


    implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people, is a stretch


    Keep up the good work.



    This is exactly the kind of thought process that's causing more and more people to not take the feminist movement seriously.



    Look at how @jono 's flipped.



    Lowkey that's one of the funniest, refreshing, and revealing things that I've seen on the IC in a while.



    What's most disturbing to me is that.........if you consider yourself to be a moderate feminist..........and you think like this.........




    vwmuqli4nhci.gif




    Granted, you admitted that it was a stretch to think that calling a woman a female is an act of disrespect.




    However, the fact that you also acknowledged that you understand how someone can make the case for that speaks volumes.

    How you acknowledge her saying she doesn't agree yet still respond as if she's agreeing? All within 2 sentences at that. You negated your own point.The ability to understand why someone thinks the way they do even if you disagree or don't hold the same stance isn't a bad thing. Just means your brain can think outside of your own pov. Criticizing somebody for being able to understand a pov that's not their own is odd...

    And yes I do think the whole female thing is overblown but seeing as how it can be used in a disrespectful way I'm not shocked some women don't like it. Same as some women don't like being called bitch even by other women in jest because of the connotation it carries
    Madame_CJSkywalker
  • gorillagorilla Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are feminists going to call themselves something else besides a word thats a derivative of the word they say offends them?
    deadeye
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttPosts: 22,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    blackrain wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    lol I get what you're saying, but those same examples of insults can and are made with other words frequently also. You trying to say you never heard "ur acting like a bunch of girls," "hoes be tripping," "women ain't shit."

    Does it somehow make it less sexist if a guy expresses the same sentiment using "woman" instead of "female." The guys that make those comments have those opinions, and they may use that word to express them, but that doesn't make the word inherently bad. So it's silly to attach that connotation to the word and condemn the word rather than just condemn the mindset.

    Take this article:

    https://jezebel.com/the-problem-with-calling-women-females-1683808274

    I don't know if the author is a feminist, but I believe feminist writings are common on the site. She's actually comparing "female" to bitch, cunt, and slut in its level of disrespect and implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people. Arguments like this is why I say feminism or people who using feminist mindsets are full of shit.

    Hell her first bullet point is that female it isn't specific to humans where words like "woman" are. That's true, but that doesn't mean that using female automatically strip away humanity in the way she implies. Not all vehicles are cars, but if I refer to a car as a vehicle, I'm not discounting the fact that it is a car. No one would ever make that argument because it's stupid. So why is it valid here?



    and we are talking about human beings capable of thought and not pieces of metal...and since only a human can be a woman, if you call a woman a 'female' one can argue it can be interpreted that you are downgrading her to a lower status


    implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people, is a stretch


    Keep up the good work.



    This is exactly the kind of thought process that's causing more and more people to not take the feminist movement seriously.



    Look at how @jono 's flipped.



    Lowkey that's one of the funniest, refreshing, and revealing things that I've seen on the IC in a while.



    What's most disturbing to me is that.........if you consider yourself to be a moderate feminist..........and you think like this.........




    vwmuqli4nhci.gif




    Granted, you admitted that it was a stretch to think that calling a woman a female is an act of disrespect.




    However, the fact that you also acknowledged that you understand how someone can make the case for that speaks volumes.


    How you acknowledge her saying she doesn't agree yet still respond as if she's agreeing? All within 2 sentences at that. You negated your own point.



    I didn't negate anything.



    All I did was point out the contradiction.



    Something can't be a "stretch" and still be considered reasonable at the same time.



    Basically, she's straddling the fence by trying to condemn and support the same point of view.



    That's like someone saying:



    "I think it's ludicrous for white people to think that reverse racism is a serious problem, but I can understand why they would feel that way."



    wn2jamv8b7zk.gif




    I really shouldn't be surprised since she does this all the time.



    She never condemns any foolishness that extremists put out without throwing some kind of caveat in there.



    All of her opposition always amounts to some variation of:




    "Yeah, but"
    deadeye
    So, you're mad because I quoted a post.....that included a scantily clad pic of you......that you sent to another man.....while both of you are supposed to be in committed relationships with other people?

    Hilarious.
    June 12 Delete


    MsSouthern
    just messy ...smh
    June 12



    deadeye
    You can call me messy, but you can't say I was lying about anything I said.
    June 12 Delete


    MzGrahamBitches
    gtfoff my page and mind your fucking business old man.


    Oh wait, you have no business which is why you stalk various females on the internet tryibg to interject yourself into their business.

    Fuck off.
    June 12


    deadeye
    Most of your business is public knowledge Kathryn.

    You should learn to exercise more discretion.

    You're too old to continuously find yourself in compromising situations.

    I'm extremely disappointed in your behavior and expect much better of you in the future.

    With compassion, concern, sincerity, and due diligence.
    June 12 Delete

    MzGrahamBitches
    I hope you die of old age tonight.
    June 12

    deadeye
    That's a horrible thing to say.

    I'm sorry you feel that way Kathryn.

    However, I've never heard of anyone dying of old age at 43.

    My words must've really hit home for you to want me to die tonight.

    I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

    Instead of wishing me death, your time would be better served reflecting on your past transgressions and thinking about what steps you can take to improve yourself.
    June 12 Delete


    Dirty Sanchez
    kat caught feelings
    June 12

    deadeye
    Indeed she did.

    Definitely not your usual white woman.
    June 12 Delete

    MzGrahamBitches
    Titanagraphs but I caught feelings..ok.

    Type me another one pops.
    June 12


    deadeye
    You wished death upon me Kathryn.

    Solely because I quoted a post which featured you in a bathrobe with your privates partially exposed.

    A pic that would have never been publicly accessible had it not been for your carelessness and bad judgement.

    Essentially, you want me to die for your mistakes.

    Smarten up Kathryn.

    If anyone caught feelings it's you.

    This is just entertainment for me.
    June 12 Delete




    0idvkbvn43de.jpg




    @deadeye nah mate, fuck off, I literally hate seeing your name in my notifications because I know it's your FUCKING LIST. I'm tired of being @'d to some thread because of your shitty list, makes me just want to punch you in your fat fucking face.

    You're a digrace to creepset and 'mature' black men the world over.

    Fuck your entire existence.


    You are a plain idiot. Since you cannot give birth nor have a proper sense of enduring and suffering you cannot understand my post.

    @Westie has put her life on the line several times to give life. I wish I had an ounce of that courage, endurance and resiliance.

    Peace
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 26,988 Regulator
    deadeye wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    lol I get what you're saying, but those same examples of insults can and are made with other words frequently also. You trying to say you never heard "ur acting like a bunch of girls," "hoes be tripping," "women ain't shit."

    Does it somehow make it less sexist if a guy expresses the same sentiment using "woman" instead of "female." The guys that make those comments have those opinions, and they may use that word to express them, but that doesn't make the word inherently bad. So it's silly to attach that connotation to the word and condemn the word rather than just condemn the mindset.

    Take this article:

    https://jezebel.com/the-problem-with-calling-women-females-1683808274

    I don't know if the author is a feminist, but I believe feminist writings are common on the site. She's actually comparing "female" to bitch, cunt, and slut in its level of disrespect and implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people. Arguments like this is why I say feminism or people who using feminist mindsets are full of shit.

    Hell her first bullet point is that female it isn't specific to humans where words like "woman" are. That's true, but that doesn't mean that using female automatically strip away humanity in the way she implies. Not all vehicles are cars, but if I refer to a car as a vehicle, I'm not discounting the fact that it is a car. No one would ever make that argument because it's stupid. So why is it valid here?



    and we are talking about human beings capable of thought and not pieces of metal...and since only a human can be a woman, if you call a woman a 'female' one can argue it can be interpreted that you are downgrading her to a lower status


    implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people, is a stretch


    Keep up the good work.



    This is exactly the kind of thought process that's causing more and more people to not take the feminist movement seriously.



    Look at how @jono 's flipped.



    Lowkey that's one of the funniest, refreshing, and revealing things that I've seen on the IC in a while.



    What's most disturbing to me is that.........if you consider yourself to be a moderate feminist..........and you think like this.........




    vwmuqli4nhci.gif




    Granted, you admitted that it was a stretch to think that calling a woman a female is an act of disrespect.




    However, the fact that you also acknowledged that you understand how someone can make the case for that speaks volumes.


    How you acknowledge her saying she doesn't agree yet still respond as if she's agreeing? All within 2 sentences at that. You negated your own point.



    I didn't negate anything.



    All I did was point out the contradiction.



    Something can't be a "stretch" and still be considered reasonable at the same time.



    Basically, she's straddling the fence by trying to condemn and support the same point of view.



    That's like someone saying:



    "I think it's ludicrous for white people to think that reverse racism is a serious problem, but I can understand why they would feel that way."



    wn2jamv8b7zk.gif

    You literally said "It's a shame you think like this"...then followed it up with "Granted you said it's a stretch"...those are contradictory statements. Either she thinks that way or she doesn't which she clearly said she's not tripping over the use of the word. Being able to understand why somebody thinks a certain way doesn't signal agreement, just means you can see beyond your own POV even if you think the other persons POV isn't as valid as they want to think it is.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything is oppression and opprssion is everything.

    Its not even about the word, it's about demanding to control language. Innocuous and scientific terms are "offensive" based on the inferiority complex and hurt feelings of a few.

    Fuck off.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

    For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

    For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

    All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
  • sunlordsunlord Posts: 125 ✭✭
    NOW that we have established that feminism is just a way for women to attain power over men and they are will to destroy civilization for this goal I think it's time someone addresses the Male feminist.
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttPosts: 22,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    lol I get what you're saying, but those same examples of insults can and are made with other words frequently also. You trying to say you never heard "ur acting like a bunch of girls," "hoes be tripping," "women ain't shit."

    Does it somehow make it less sexist if a guy expresses the same sentiment using "woman" instead of "female." The guys that make those comments have those opinions, and they may use that word to express them, but that doesn't make the word inherently bad. So it's silly to attach that connotation to the word and condemn the word rather than just condemn the mindset.

    Take this article:

    https://jezebel.com/the-problem-with-calling-women-females-1683808274

    I don't know if the author is a feminist, but I believe feminist writings are common on the site. She's actually comparing "female" to bitch, cunt, and slut in its level of disrespect and implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people. Arguments like this is why I say feminism or people who using feminist mindsets are full of shit.

    Hell her first bullet point is that female it isn't specific to humans where words like "woman" are. That's true, but that doesn't mean that using female automatically strip away humanity in the way she implies. Not all vehicles are cars, but if I refer to a car as a vehicle, I'm not discounting the fact that it is a car. No one would ever make that argument because it's stupid. So why is it valid here?



    and we are talking about human beings capable of thought and not pieces of metal...and since only a human can be a woman, if you call a woman a 'female' one can argue it can be interpreted that you are downgrading her to a lower status


    implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people, is a stretch


    Keep up the good work.



    This is exactly the kind of thought process that's causing more and more people to not take the feminist movement seriously.



    Look at how @jono 's flipped.



    Lowkey that's one of the funniest, refreshing, and revealing things that I've seen on the IC in a while.



    What's most disturbing to me is that.........if you consider yourself to be a moderate feminist..........and you think like this.........




    vwmuqli4nhci.gif




    Granted, you admitted that it was a stretch to think that calling a woman a female is an act of disrespect.




    However, the fact that you also acknowledged that you understand how someone can make the case for that speaks volumes.


    How you acknowledge her saying she doesn't agree yet still respond as if she's agreeing? All within 2 sentences at that. You negated your own point.



    I didn't negate anything.



    All I did was point out the contradiction.



    Something can't be a "stretch" and still be considered reasonable at the same time.



    Basically, she's straddling the fence by trying to condemn and support the same point of view.



    That's like someone saying:



    "I think it's ludicrous for white people to think that reverse racism is a serious problem, but I can understand why they would feel that way."



    wn2jamv8b7zk.gif

    You literally said "It's a shame you think like this"...then followed it up with "Granted you said it's a stretch"...those are contradictory statements. Either she thinks that way or she doesn't which she clearly said she's not tripping over the use of the word. Being able to understand why somebody thinks a certain way doesn't signal agreement, just means you can see beyond your own POV even if you think the other persons POV isn't as valid as they want to think it is.



    That may be true in some instances, but this isn't one of them.



    You can't think something is ridiculous and...........at the same time..........understand why other people might think that it isn't.



    Those two perspectives are actually mutually exclusive.



    A better example of what you're saying would be:



    "I don't understand how anybody can think Lebron is better than Jordan............but I can see why they might think so."
    deadeye
    So, you're mad because I quoted a post.....that included a scantily clad pic of you......that you sent to another man.....while both of you are supposed to be in committed relationships with other people?

    Hilarious.
    June 12 Delete


    MsSouthern
    just messy ...smh
    June 12



    deadeye
    You can call me messy, but you can't say I was lying about anything I said.
    June 12 Delete


    MzGrahamBitches
    gtfoff my page and mind your fucking business old man.


    Oh wait, you have no business which is why you stalk various females on the internet tryibg to interject yourself into their business.

    Fuck off.
    June 12


    deadeye
    Most of your business is public knowledge Kathryn.

    You should learn to exercise more discretion.

    You're too old to continuously find yourself in compromising situations.

    I'm extremely disappointed in your behavior and expect much better of you in the future.

    With compassion, concern, sincerity, and due diligence.
    June 12 Delete

    MzGrahamBitches
    I hope you die of old age tonight.
    June 12

    deadeye
    That's a horrible thing to say.

    I'm sorry you feel that way Kathryn.

    However, I've never heard of anyone dying of old age at 43.

    My words must've really hit home for you to want me to die tonight.

    I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

    Instead of wishing me death, your time would be better served reflecting on your past transgressions and thinking about what steps you can take to improve yourself.
    June 12 Delete


    Dirty Sanchez
    kat caught feelings
    June 12

    deadeye
    Indeed she did.

    Definitely not your usual white woman.
    June 12 Delete

    MzGrahamBitches
    Titanagraphs but I caught feelings..ok.

    Type me another one pops.
    June 12


    deadeye
    You wished death upon me Kathryn.

    Solely because I quoted a post which featured you in a bathrobe with your privates partially exposed.

    A pic that would have never been publicly accessible had it not been for your carelessness and bad judgement.

    Essentially, you want me to die for your mistakes.

    Smarten up Kathryn.

    If anyone caught feelings it's you.

    This is just entertainment for me.
    June 12 Delete




    0idvkbvn43de.jpg




    @deadeye nah mate, fuck off, I literally hate seeing your name in my notifications because I know it's your FUCKING LIST. I'm tired of being @'d to some thread because of your shitty list, makes me just want to punch you in your fat fucking face.

    You're a digrace to creepset and 'mature' black men the world over.

    Fuck your entire existence.


    You are a plain idiot. Since you cannot give birth nor have a proper sense of enduring and suffering you cannot understand my post.

    @Westie has put her life on the line several times to give life. I wish I had an ounce of that courage, endurance and resiliance.

    Peace
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadeye wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    lol I get what you're saying, but those same examples of insults can and are made with other words frequently also. You trying to say you never heard "ur acting like a bunch of girls," "hoes be tripping," "women ain't shit."

    Does it somehow make it less sexist if a guy expresses the same sentiment using "woman" instead of "female." The guys that make those comments have those opinions, and they may use that word to express them, but that doesn't make the word inherently bad. So it's silly to attach that connotation to the word and condemn the word rather than just condemn the mindset.

    Take this article:

    https://jezebel.com/the-problem-with-calling-women-females-1683808274

    I don't know if the author is a feminist, but I believe feminist writings are common on the site. She's actually comparing "female" to bitch, cunt, and slut in its level of disrespect and implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people. Arguments like this is why I say feminism or people who using feminist mindsets are full of shit.

    Hell her first bullet point is that female it isn't specific to humans where words like "woman" are. That's true, but that doesn't mean that using female automatically strip away humanity in the way she implies. Not all vehicles are cars, but if I refer to a car as a vehicle, I'm not discounting the fact that it is a car. No one would ever make that argument because it's stupid. So why is it valid here?



    and we are talking about human beings capable of thought and not pieces of metal...and since only a human can be a woman, if you call a woman a 'female' one can argue it can be interpreted that you are downgrading her to a lower status


    implying that guys who call women females are more than likely disrespectful people, is a stretch


    Keep up the good work.



    This is exactly the kind of thought process that's causing more and more people to not take the feminist movement seriously.



    Look at how @jono 's flipped.



    Lowkey that's one of the funniest, refreshing, and revealing things that I've seen on the IC in a while.



    What's most disturbing to me is that.........if you consider yourself to be a moderate feminist..........and you think like this.........




    vwmuqli4nhci.gif




    Granted, you admitted that it was a stretch to think that calling a woman a female is an act of disrespect.




    However, the fact that you also acknowledged that you understand how someone can make the case for that speaks volumes.


    How you acknowledge her saying she doesn't agree yet still respond as if she's agreeing? All within 2 sentences at that. You negated your own point.



    I didn't negate anything.



    All I did was point out the contradiction.



    Something can't be a "stretch" and still be considered reasonable at the same time.



    Basically, she's straddling the fence by trying to condemn and support the same point of view.



    That's like someone saying:



    "I think it's ludicrous for white people to think that reverse racism is a serious problem, but I can understand why they would feel that way."



    wn2jamv8b7zk.gif

    You literally said "It's a shame you think like this"...then followed it up with "Granted you said it's a stretch"...those are contradictory statements. Either she thinks that way or she doesn't which she clearly said she's not tripping over the use of the word. Being able to understand why somebody thinks a certain way doesn't signal agreement, just means you can see beyond your own POV even if you think the other persons POV isn't as valid as they want to think it is.



    That may be true in some instances, but this isn't one of them.



    You can't think something is ridiculous and...........at the same time..........understand why other people might think that it isn't.



    Those two perspectives are actually mutually exclusive.



    A better example of what you're saying would be:



    "I don't understand how anybody can think Lebron is better than Jordan............but I can see why they might think so."

    That's not really true. You can acknowledge that some people are just stupid and then it becomes understandable why they might have an absurd opinion.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    blackrain
Sign In or Register to comment.