What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Jay Z -The Blueprint 2 The Gift & The Curse Turns 15 Years Old Today...Hit Or Miss?

Replies

• 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    trash

Don't you think calling it "trash" is unwarranted?
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

Nah Sonnatural born sinners
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miss
    Had some good songs, but mostly 2 discs of bullshit. Not a worthy sequel to his Classic Blueprint album.

Better than BP3 though.
    Revolver Ocelot
  • 90's Era90's Era Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Hit
    Only thing this album missed was being a classic dbl disc..which of course its not..but there is way more than enough dope shit on it to be a good to very good album..
    I think Jay tried to fill every box on the stat sheet..but in doing so had a lot of turnovers as well.

side note..
    Meet the parents is one of the g.o.a.t story tracks ever..
    It was just different
    bkkbullyMr 202natural born sinnersmr.october
  • 90's Era90's Era Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November 13
    Hit
    Super miss. Good amount of dope songs tho.

wouldn't a SUPER MISS have a minimal amount of good songs ..and really no DOPE songs on it..

Think you swinging from your heels with that comment homie..
    It was just different
    5 GrandLouis Devinear
  • GetoBoyGetoBoy M.O.B. Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit
    If I can't rock with two thirds of a album I'll consider that a hit
  • wolfman91wolfman91 Posts: 101 ✭✭
    Miss
    I hate this album but the watcher 2 is one of the best songs ever. I accidentally used the dirty version as my pro wrestling Theme song and jay ways dropping the N word left and right but I just went with it
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. TampaPosts: 9,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The middle
    sig%202_zpstfsrwnqk.gif
    ???GOLDEN ARMS???

• usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grammy Family freestyle and Get shit off should of made the album. That could of replaced that god awful Sean Paul and 2 Many Hoes.

banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit
    The Bounce gotta be worst Kanye track ever
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
    THE_R_
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 4,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contained some of his best work that got drowned out in that Charles Hamilton "Don't know what to cut" vein.

Meet the Parents is so slept on I hate all you sleep muhfuckas.
    bkkbully
  • THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    The Bounce gotta be worst Kanye track ever

LOOKING BACK...I WOULD'VE NEVER GUESSED HE'D DO A WHOLE ALBUM WITH THE NIGGA WHO GOT NO CREDIT ON THE BOUNCE.
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
    natural born sinnersAlready Home_17
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pac aint even like him and he did Me & My Girlfriend haaaaaahaaaaa

He didn't like Nas at one point either

They probably would've been cool at some point, especially if both Pac and Big lived long enough to patch things up between each other
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miss
    Hated this shit.
    Minus poppin tags, and watcher 2.
    CTtJgKpXIAAPxX5.jpg
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    Hit
    DarthRozay wrote: »

They probably would've been cool at some point, especially if both Pac and Big lived long enough to patch things up between each other

Why would Pac want to patch things up with a friend that let him get robbed? Fuck yall thought they would be BFFs lmao. Biggie gonna be like "yo it's cool you fucked my wife and assassinated my character worse than anyone in hip hop history, let's be homies"...

They "probably would've been cool" Based on what????
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
    Matike85
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarthRozay wrote: »

Why would Pac want to patch things up with a friend that let him get robbed? Fuck yall thought they would be BFFs lmao. They "probably would've been cool" Based on what????

reminiscing on old times?

vYgPmI8.gif
  • qeezus_priceqeezus_price Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably one of my favorite hov joints pretty good effort in my eyes. And some how some way is classic Jay face and sigel
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT22D6TFFXtPTcu_KLTR0L_-CitwdUXHAuhhjahMLI8YpwB34wb
  • THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I REMEMBER CLEAR AS DAY HOW EVERYONE THOUGHT THIS WAS WACK ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO GOD'S SON.
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
    Matike85BroddieRevolver Ocelot
  • Matike85Matike85 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miss
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    I REMEMBER CLEAR AS DAY HOW EVERYONE THOUGHT THIS WAS WACK ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO GOD'S SON.

Unless you was HOVA disciples
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cosign.

A lot of people didn't give it a chance.

If the Takeover/Ether battle never happened it probably would have gotten a better reception when it was released.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

GetoBoynatural born sinners
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    Miss

Especially outside of BK if you were in NYC. People forget the hype that went into this one. He built it up for an entire year. Remember the Unplugged album's bonus track? "Blueprint 2 baby! see y'all in November".

I mean he had the audacity to name it after the classic album that he was following up with the project. People thought it would easily live up to those standards. Boy were they wrong.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    THE_R_DarthRozay
  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 12,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    Matike85 wrote: »

Unless you was HOVA disciples

You mean Jayhova's Witnesses, right?
    BroddieMatike85