What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Michael Irvin Says He Was Happiest Playing Football In College Because He Was Broke

Replies

• MeesterMeester Smartass Outrage LandPosts: 16,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tha only people he owe is his kids, ma dukes & pops
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Kids don't owe their parents shit!!!

Thread worthy shit
    Powered by 9(0)'s sun.
    Young StefAlpha_Ambition #1hiphopjunki3miamivice305
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    College athletes need to be getting paid.

They get a free education.

Four years in college (especially a University) can cost over $100k.

I don't have any problem with a college student getting 4 free years of college in exchange for playing football in front of 80,000 people every week for a semester.

I just feel sorry for the players that don't take their schoolwork seriously and don't graduate...or make it to the NFL.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

Mister B.KingFreemanghostdog56Alpha_Ambition Bender Rodrigueztexasdaking88EmM HoLLa.TheBoyRoRevolver Ocelotmiamivice305
    ^^^^good point
    Powered by 9(0)'s sun.
  • BetaBeta #FastFamily Posts: 64,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ your parents didn't do you no favors

I agree and disagree at the same time
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

That explains everything and nothing at the same time thank you
    Powered by 9(0)'s sun.
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    College athletes need to be getting paid.

They get a free education.

Four years in college (especially a University) can cost over $100k.

I don't have any problem with a college student getting 4 free years of college in exchange for playing football in front of 80,000 people every week for a semester.

I just feel sorry for the players that don't take their schoolwork seriously and don't graduate...or make it to the NFL.
    Because once they go down, then what? The school leaves a lot of these players high and dry.

They SHOULD be getting paid, knowing the schools get HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS off of ticket sales, merchandising, TV rights, and recruitment funds, especially if schools have Heisman winners.

I don't think it should be a lot, but a stipend scale based on credit hours (or years in school) should be instituted:

Based on a 12-week semester:
    0-29 credits (freshmen): up to $1,500 per semester, or $125/week
    30-59 credits (sophmore): up to $2,400 per semester, or $200/week
    60-89 credits (freshmen): up to $3,600 per semester, or $300/week
    90-119 credits (senior): up to $4,200 per semester, or $350/week
    120+ credits (5th yr): up to $4,800 per semester, or $400/week

This is fair. Not enough that they can "ball out" on, but more than enough to where students can have some spending money.

I'm pretty sure they get meal cards, off campus housing and free books in addition to free tuition.

Throw in some student loans and government grants and they're living just as good as some rich kid with a trust fund.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

texasdaking88dnyce215Revolver Ocelot
  • jetlifebihjetlifebih Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just as guilty a lot of the times but people don’t understand the gift/curse that comes with being fortunate
    Young Stef
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15

You a cold hearted brotha ta make a statement like that

No I'm not when it comes to this shit here.

If I had millions would I look out for my folks hell yes thats not even question to be asked BUT I ain't looking out for my folks because I owe them cause I absolutely 100% don't owe my parents a muthafucking thing!!!
    so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

• D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CapitalB wrote: »

he’s right!?

what do we “owe” our parents!?
    we didnt ask to be here..
    they asked US to be here..

they welcome.
    “mannn yo parents fed u houses u clothed u..”

ummm.. thats what they were SUPPOSE to do.

Exactly!!!!

ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

• Kwan DaiKwan Dai Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

Insanity...
    Meester
    “mannn yo parents fed u houses u clothed u..”

ummm.. thats what they were SUPPOSE to do.

Lies. They could have dropped that ass off at a foster home and let some one else do it.
    skpjr78

he’s right!?

what do we “owe” our parents!?
    we didnt ask to be here..
    they asked US to be here..

they welcome.

Your pops shot a million plus joints and you fought like hell to be here. Your moms and pops probably asked for a 6'8 260 pound monster who could jump out the gym, and go on to become a gazillionaire.
    mike06
  • MarcusGarveyMarcusGarvey Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14
    Easier said than done

If i was one of those NBA/NFL mutants i would
    •Buy a house cash
    •Three cars at a time - one to ride around, one to stunt, one for Mrs.
    Lease them, car values aint shit
    •Buy your parent/s a crib in a good neighbourhood, they dont need a million dollar house they cant upkeep
    •Fuck cousins, uncles, aunts - they can fend for themselves
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. TampaPosts: 9,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    College life + Miami + being a star athlete
    sig%202_zpstfsrwnqk.gif
    ???GOLDEN ARMS???

skpjr78Young Stef
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas really in here saying kids don't owe their parents anything? I mean if your parents are shitty and didn't do anything for you I guess that's true. But if they were in your life and took care of you, they earned whatever you can do for them. They aren't entitled to anything of course because being a parent was their choice, but they deserve it.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    5 Grand
  • felliwondafelliwonda Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    I gotta admit I agree with Irving on this one my people. Much too often as family members we feel our siblings who are successful hold a responsibility to help raise us up solely because of bloodline ties and or family ties, see this what he said is so very real to me is very hurtful but necessary for success listen: (My brothers and sisters, they're all grown. I'm like: 'You guys are grown.' Now I don't mind, I do what I can for all my nieces and nephews. I consider that to be an investment, what I give to them. But I consider it to be throwing money away now when I give to my brothers and sisters. I'm like: "Hey, this is spending money on the past. You guys, your future is set.) Yo this man means no offense I honestly put myself in the shoes of one of his siblings and fall back and say to myself yo this is true! There is nothing like independence no matter how small it may seem in the eyes of the person gaining it and that independence I mean it in all aspects. This is the message he is really trying to give his family! Don’t depend on me because I made it. You are grown keep fighting! But let’s invest in our children they are our future they are the future of this Nation and is true yo. I can go on but this statement he made right there was enough for me.
    Arsenall
  • CapitalBCapitalB all these dollars.. no sense. Posts: 24,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas really in here saying kids don't owe their parents anything? I mean if your parents are shitty and didn't do anything for you I guess that's true. But if they were in your life and took care of you, they earned whatever you can do for them. They aren't entitled to anything of course because being a parent was their choice, but they deserve it.

"aren't entitled" means they aren't "owed" correct??!

if so what are we talking about here??
    TOO REAL for IC
    #TEAMDRAGONSnSHIT
    #TargGangyabish
    KingFreeman

That is all

MeesterKingFreeman
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 31,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hear all yall.....but having money changes the game for you.

either you gotta cut off alot of people or be prepared to always have to fight an not feel welcomed if you aint giving.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

Meesterdnyce215
  • babelipsssbabelipsss Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it hard to believe that Irvin' s family are the only ones to approach him for money. It seems like he has a grudge against someone in particular and he's taking it to the public.

I come from a close family. They need it, I got it, they can have it. They don't have to earn my support. That's how family is supposed to work.
    Kwan Dai
    i hear all yall.....but having money changes the game for you.

either you gotta cut off alot of people or be prepared to always have to fight an not feel welcomed if you aint giving.

The game only changes if you change the game. If, you were giving before the extra dollars you will continue to do so afterwards. People who give, do so despite their economic situation. What Mike seems to be describing is, he wasn't a giving person before he came into money so, it's become a burden because, it's not inherent.